The Thing Event Controversy

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to narfi again.

Nicely said.

From what I know of Narfi, and seen of him on forums in game etc. I've seen him to be a very honest person and someone that has a high set of morales.

Why does it always seem to happen that when someone in the community gets something really nice, and they're happy, that someone has to come in with conspiracy stories and try to pull them down? Stop being so jealous and just say gratz already.

Gratz Narfi, I look forward to seeing your MS in space.

And P.S

I blame fishface, not Canada

(Raven First!)

Last edited:
Narfi : post of the year ;)

Seriously, I don't mind at all who is the winner, there should be a prize for top 3 or even split the MS :p
Spending hours & hours, thousands of $ (more than the price of a MS) and only 1 prize is sad... but then it was in the rules. But the spawn change, without any notice from ND (he didn't know or knew, not my prob :p) or MA during such an event is just very unprofessional and unfair.

Zal did the mistake to slow down, his fault, I would have kept hunting them. But I saw some private talk and if I can get my hands on them, I will send them to you.

ND released the first new planet, he failed many times, many fishy things happend, Digital Abduction, ND still playing from time to time while personal avatar of Planet Partners is forbidden and other things. I've been one of the first to put a foot on Rocktropia, it could have been an awesome planet (it is for some but not that much) but I got disapointed very fast. Now if this "mess" can open his eyes, wake him up, learn from his mistakes, it will be a good step, ND just need a kick in his butt and listen to advices and handle things properly (he did most of it by rewarding his own MS, hat off for that but he had to do it)

I usually don't care about other's story, I hate dramas but if I can do something to open people's eyes, improve things and get a better & fair experience for some, no matter how, I will do it.
Yes, I get 50% return in hunt, 75% in mining, 30% in craft, I don't care I love the game and I'm playing for close to ten years now, as a customer/player I want to be in a universe where I don't see such fishy and unclear things, favoritism by any way, but Entropia is a world where money talks so I can still dream of the old Project Entropia ;)

Peace & have fun :cool:

Now you know what being Canadian feels like :)
I'm in that club ;)

Edit : Waiting clear things, proofs from ND/MA.

Last edited:
The French forum is angry about this event, and unfortunately they could not control their anger or frustrations, so now we have this mess spilling out everywhere.
Just out of curiosity, what's the url to "the French Forum" ?

Oh, and by the way, HUGE GRATZ!. It must feel great knowing you won fair and square since the loot pool is random. Just goes to show that tenacity and dedication can get you somewhere.

Last edited:
It seems that whenever somebody does well others have to tear them down. I know that Narfi put a lot of time and effort into being a part of this competition. He kept hi-jacking part of the Bismarck Crew to aid him ;) Moreso in the last few weeks. What he did, I personally think was high risk and I am glad it paid off for him. Not to take away from the time, PEDS and efforts anyone else put into this competition.

With possible rewards so high, there was bound to be some serious competition. Sadly those who fail in such things are usually a little disgruntled and those who have succeeded have much to celerbrate. People who are disgruntled will often find excuses and reasons, that often do not exist, to justify their position. There will also be those who find reasons to justify those who succeed.

Huge Gratz to Narfi for his efforts and success.

Whoever wins anything in EU and the bitching starts, sad really.

Gratz to Narfi, nobody can say he didn't play hard for it and ofc gratz to Zal who fought so hard.

Although i have to admit many things on RT have been "questionable", nobody can say either of these guys didn't deserve to win.

Congrats to both players for working so hard...sounds like Zal's team should have kept shooting those things though the final weeks. Anyways, hopefully 2nd place will receive some reward :)

Narfi is "working" for ND, taking care of his forum and other things. Zal found out that ND was going to reward a (L) mothership so he cried and said he had to offer an UL MS (his own if he had to), ND ended up offering his own MS because he had to and everyone was crying about getting a (L) one, it wasn't stated in the rules of the event. From a side, you have Narfi, someone very close to ND, the other side, Zal who forced ND to reward his own UL MS... There are many proofs about those things that I don't know how ND/MA will handle that.

Nothing against anyone, but this is a fun part to me. Don't know they forced ND to reward his MS instead of a (L) one is happened before or after my posts in Neverdie forum in July. If that is after my posts then that is really funny :eyecrazy:. I saved them and they were against me for unknown reason. I'm so regret to mentioning it, the drama should be even better if the MS is (L) at the end. I'm so sorry ND I should just shut up and watching the drama begins :(. Wish time can reverse abit then I would never mention that (L) MS in ND forum. :(

I have to say that Narfi is one of EU's most honest people and a fair and great person, have tons of respect for him. He helped me out a great deal when i was a noob, teaching me about the perks of SIB :yay:. I do believe the contest was fair and he won simply put.

WTG mate:yup::yup:

kinds regards,

PW

I've nothing about Narfi at all, but he has been helped by ND with the spawn of very high lvl THING at the very end of the event, Narfi knew about the spawn, Zal didn't. Everyone has his own opinion but there is something really fishy, as usual with Neverdie...

Yes, I found the lvl133 in very odd places. Where a lot may have not found, I at the end around 5 weeks started searching for 133s with a Hoverpod Mk3 and was able to pull them back without much problems due to the spend of the vehicle. Of course in the month I was there I went through 1.6 Mk3 (and my hoverpod Mk2). It was hard work spending most of the day just hunting for them. A few days I was there for over 10 hours just searching. So this may have been what seemed to change. In the 5 weeks that I was there, I didn't see a difference in lvls. But the only time I did see a change in mob levels was when I would go around a training them back to the turrets. It seems faster they died, the higher levels seemed to come out.

The only thing Neverdie did in this event was make the LOOT drops almost next to nothing.

He's a video of me taking a lvl133 back to camp with my hoverpod Mk3. BTW THEY HATE hoverpods!

Last edited:
Gratz!!

GRATZ Narfi!!Forget and ignore the haters..You worked for this for MONTHS and deserved to win...My soc mate OZ was with you guys all the way on this and he kinda record everything and anything on his opaloman show hehe So fuck the haters!

What I can say is that the OP and Sheryo, you guys are just ... I don't know which words to use... {removed}.

You think that such a 6 MONTHS EVENT is designed for ONLY NARFI AND ZAL? :eyecrazy: , plain stupidity.
It was a good decision to remove the L133 to ENCOURAGE more HUNTERs to come and participate in the event. Which may not be favorable to ZAL's TEAM, but NOT ONLY favorable to Narfi, but it also favorable to any other hunters who want to participate in the event.

However, it turns out that only Narfi and Zal followed the Event still the end. Zal was leading in the last month, why there was NO COMPLAIN about that? If Narfi was NVD's friend, why NVD must let Narfi hunt for HOURS and HOURS DAILY FOR a full month? Not a good friend at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this is a big shit !

About conspiracy : no i don't think their was any conspiracy.

Doubt on the situation : yes i have and i decided to leave this game because i know what i saw and what i read and i don't want to loose any more of my time and of my peds in a game that allow such situation to occurs !

First you must know that ALL ubber hofs Narfi and me made were on higest maturity mobs and during the 6 months of this event the job was to "find the most high maturity possible". We fixed rules between Narfi and me to not create problems and to have a fair event because their was low quantity of maturity mobs.

First you must also knows that we all agree that their was minimum 1 change during this event : L133 vanished. Before we were able to kill 10 to 20 L133 per days and around May we were able to find rarely more than 1 per day. Narfi and me we know that because of this all other concurrent HAD NO ANY CHANCE to win this event and Tzepu, BKK or Jag (who understoo the L133 interest too late) were loosing their time fighting !

This event was close in June. All people who hunted Things knows that. Narfi said me by PM in July : "Zal i know you won, i can't do anything, but i will never say that to my wife and my team and i will continue to fight till the end because it is the last event i will do".

Me and some of my team we think something was changed in the spawn at end of this event. Narfi and his team think nothing was changed. 2 different opinions, who is right? who is false?

In such case, when the 2 conccurent of an event think their was a problem they go to see the judge and ask him to control the data.

The judge is Neverdie. I did that and i explained him the reason why i think something changed.

First Neverdie answered me : may be something was changed after a VU.
After he said me : hmmm end of june may be something was changed
After he said me : no, nothing was changed

He said this 3 sentences in less thand 5 minutes, so he did not check anything before to say that.

The day after he poste on ND forum : He checked hard core data and he never change anything in the spawn during the whole event.

And we ALL AGREE that L133 was changed during this event. Narfi said it many times on forum. ND when he is saying "he never change anything on spawn" knows that we saw a change on L133 and we agree on it. Narfi defend ND by saying "ND said HE did not change, and he does not lie because may be it is MA who changed something and not NDS".

I DON'T CARE who did the change. Me i see the result. Something was changed and ND refuse to check that.

So i had another talk about that with ND.
He said me : i am going to investigate if any changes were made
I said : ok, but you know 1 change was done and that Narfi and me we agree on this change (we do not agree on the second change only)
ND said me : Yes i know but me i dont see any change in logs. We dont know what happend.
I said : Ok but if you are not able to see the change on wich we agree Narfi and me, how can you pretend to see the second change on which we do not agree ????

No answer from him about my second question !

A day after i talked with ND again.
He said : may be spawn was accelerated with the Longtooth migration, nothing sure, it is something possible
I ask him : and if you see that finally i was true and their was really a change at last minut, what will you do ? Narfi is also a victim in this case and he also win this event ! You can't stole my victory like you can't stole his victory, what will you do ??
He answered : i will do nothing, Narfi won, event is close, i will not say their was 2 winners

ALL LOGS OF CONVERSATIONS WERE LOGGED ! NOT ANY LIE IN WHAT I AM SAYING !

And what i don't understand in Narfi and his team is why they refuse me the right that data had to be checked ? Why they refuse that i can have an opinion different of them ?

And sorry but their is serious doubt !

WHY I DECIDE TO LEAVE SO ? WHY I DONT FIGHT ?
Because i dont believe ND will check any data or will do anything !

WHY TO NOT ASK MindArk ?
Because MindArk have the same problem than ND about data. And i explain you why. The first month of this event all L54 Things mobs were bugged. Any mob that you kill you get a no loot. Mindark was informed till many weeks about this problem by another player and did nothing. NDS knew also this problem.
When i started this event i try to kill only L54. And i killed around 10 with all no loots. I sent a support. And support answered they are investigating, it was clear i was going to be refund if what i said was true.

I receive the answer of the support 2 weeks ago : you never killed any L54 with no loot inside we can't refund you.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Yesterday i talked with ND about that. He said me that when i have said their was a bug on L54 he went to kill some to see if it was true. And he said : i saw it, i saw you was right. They were bugged.

SO IF MA SUPPORT IS NOT ABLE TO SEE THAT I KILLED MANY L54 WITH ALL NOT LOOTS HOW DO YOU THINK THEY MANAGE THEIR LOGS ? HOW DO YOU THINK THEY CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION : Was their another change at last minut on spawn of big maturity or not ?
What can i hope frome the support on this situation ?

ND will always say their was no any changed, MA will always say their was no any changes, and we all know their was minimum 1, and we don't agree if their was a second one or not !

Last edited:
So in the end, you were angry because NVD did something fishy to change the spawn so "no one else besides ZAL and Narfi could win the event"? You are the best person in this world!!!

So you are not angry because you lose the event, but you are angry because NVD changed the spawn so that only You and Narfi had the best chance to win? Very very confusing.

I don't think there was something fishy with the "loot distribution". I like RT very much and do my best to support it and it's comunity.
But I'm also very disapointed by that event. Very, very bad job. It could have been labled as a high end hunting event for teams. That it became. It's just till the very end everybody pretended to hunt solo with a little bit of support. C'mon... Also this equal chances for everybody thing - totally unrealistic. Individuals who hunt lvl 10-12 against super-individuals (with a little help) who are able to hunt high end lvls, ped cards filled with a few hundred against 4-5 digit ped cards... I started grinding the first month and don't complain about loot, had nice hofs, a few 200-400 ped's and even a 700 one(with lvl 10-12 things that is) but when I found out about the no-teams (just super-individuals with a little help) the outcome was very celar to me. So I sat down for 5 month and watched the battle of titans and won the bet against myself on who would be the MS winner. What is my point. Actually I agree with the OP. And I really don't understand why people who run such shows as this here are not able to hire professionals. I'm in the media industrie, doing high budget projects - when I watch all this here I can sometimes only shake my head in disbelief.

I don't think there was something fishy with the "loot distribution". I like RT very much and do my best to support it and it's comunity.
But I'm also very disapointed by that event. Very, very bad job. It could have been labled as a high end hunting event for teams. That it became. It's just till the very end everybody pretended to hunt solo with a little bit of support. C'mon... Also this equal chances for everybody thing - totally unrealistic. Individuals who hunt lvl 10-12 against super-individuals (with a little help) who are able to hunt high end lvls, ped cards filled with a few hundred against 4-5 digit ped cards... I started grinding the first month and don't complain about loot, had nice hofs, a few 200-400 ped's and even a 700 one(with lvl 10-12 things that is) but when I found out about the no-teams (just super-individuals with a little help) the outcome was very celar to me. So I sat down for 5 month and watched the battle of titans and won the bet against myself on who would be the MS winner. What is my point. Actually I agree with the OP. And I really don't understand why people who run such shows as this here are not able to hire professionals. I'm in the media industrie, doing high budget projects - when I watch all this here I can sometimes only shake my head in disbelief.

You have never participated in Merry Mayhem, have you?

You have never participated in Merry Mayhem, have you?

No, but I know the rules of this event. Very clear, mobs for every skill lvl, kill point count and enough rewards to aim for mid field places. That is a well designed event.

So in the end, you were angry because NVD did something fishy to change the spawn so "no one else besides ZAL and Narfi could win the event"? You are the best person in this world!!!

I saw that many times you shortcut what people say, i know my english is not perfect but may be you need glasses to read all ....

NVD, as you said, always said he did nothing. And btw i believe nothing was done intentionnally.

Yes what occurs about L133 was a first problem that destroy this event. And i PMed many times ND about that many months ago. And i used exactly this term in my messages to ND "destroy the event and RT reputation" !!

That was the first unfair situation in this event. And i always estimated that people who were victim of that have the right to shout about it.

I dont post here to be judged or to judge anybody. I post here to say all what happend during these 6 months honeslty. I was not the one who made the first post here or on other forums to attack either Narfi either me.

And trust me, i said only 50% of all what i have read and saw during these 6 months. But if i post some other elements it will be direct attacks to some people and this is not the subject of my post.

When in a competition their is a problem, the guy who thinks he is victim of the problem goes to see the judge. He is not responsable if their is also another victim who do not want to request the judge to analyse his problem.

Judge is NVD in this story. And NVD does not want to analyse anything.

MA should not allow events anymore ...

the community cant take it ... nothing ! ... whinner and hater anywhere ...

i dont see the trouble with the event ... zal and narfi used a shit lot of ped !

those who complain , who of u took part for real ? who did spend all time and ped there day by day ?

exactly , kinda narfi and zal only ...

but any1 crys and complains ! ... the community should better care about other stuff , like helping newcomer , creating own ways to advertise and improv entropia ? ...

or if u have to scream and yell ... why not do it because the stuff we lost ? ...

i am a tamer , should i tell about broken promisses ? should i tell about unfair stuff ? should i tell about other professions while i got left alone ? ...

all i got to say is GRATZ to narfi , he realy deserved it :wtg:

Yesterday i talked with ND about that. He said me that when i have said their was a bug on L54 he went to kill some to see if it was true. And he said : i saw it, i saw you was right. They were bugged.

SO IF MA SUPPORT IS NOT ABLE TO SEE THAT I KILLED MANY L54 WITH ALL NOT LOOTS HOW DO YOU THINK THEY MANAGE THEIR LOGS ? HOW DO YOU THINK THEY CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION : Was their another change at last minut on spawn of big maturity or not ?
What can i hope frome the support on this situation ?

ND will always say their was no any changed, MA will always say their was no any changes, and we all know their was minimum 1, and we don't agree if their was a second one or not !

Again this all sucks. But why are you bring this to light now? Why not when you were ahead and Narfi was in second place? I can tell you that you are right, the loot off the mobs sucked big time. As you posted, why Narfi sent you that PM stating that you did win..because as the loot was going, it was only luck that we could get anything. So for the last month we WORKED OUR ASSES OFF and tried as hard as we could to get Narfi to the lead. To do this, Narfi most likely spent a LOT OF MONEY knowing that it was only a flip of a coin that we could get ahead. Remember, on average we where going for a good 7 hours a day with the last week longer. I myself tried to get in an hour early to search for all the high level mobs so that when Narfi logged in we would be ready right off the bat.

If we didn't put so much work into this and money, then yes we could talk more about how it was all setup..but it wasn't. It was luck only.

I was only in this for a little over 5 weeks and worked my ass off scouting. And if you have any questions about it, then I ask you please check out my stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/oztwohd/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

All the hours of video is there for you to check to see how much we put in to this.

At the end, damn I hope ND does something so all top players will win something.

// edeleted, ppl will not learn from what they experience... I should just keep my mouth shut.

I have a few shops and other investments on RT. I participated in this event and had hopes for RT otherwise I would not have invested in it. However, some way through the event I left the event and mostly left RT disgusted by how that PP operates. It seemed to me the event was rigged from beginning and a solo player like me had virtually no chance.

What follows is just my opinion and I have no concrete eveidence. Therefore my understanding may be incorrect but from what I have seen while I was on RT it took me a while before the penny dropped and I made the connections.

Remember Damager guy on RT the one ND sacked? Well if you remember he was like an avatar that did ND's dirty work. He worked with ND on various things and was responsible for scanner gate. Damager and ND essentially worked together. To what extent we will never really know...

Anyway, seems to me narfi is the next incarnation of Damager. ND instead of changing how he works, guess just replaced one figure with another.

However, it seems to me Narfi's behind the scenes roles are not all that different from Damager.

In my opinion The Thing competition where allegedly players can win a mothership may have been completely rigged from inception. Genuine players stood little to no chance really due to how the event is set up and run.

Imho narfi had a role in setting the rules in collaboration with ND. Narfi knows how to hunt and how to favour the outcome to his team style of hunting. The rules would favour his type of team. Furthermore in my opinion the rules together with most likely financial support from ND Narfi stood every chance of winning. Since he'll have a much bigger budget. Which allows him to do those hunts where people volunteer to help him and he pays for their ammo etc.

I simply could not compete with that and left.

During the event there was another competitor I forget his name who was disqualified from the event and banned from ND forum. What did he do? he showed Narfi's team to be "cheating" in his opinion but in making the video he did something wrong. I don't quite remember the details. ND banned him and ofc nothing happened to Narfi's team. It is at this time I started putting the dots together. Why does ND favour Narfi?

Before Narfi stepped onto RT he was a non-depositor or a low level depositor, certainly not a player with a big budget. He once had an uber hof on hispidus, the proceeds of which he withdrew. Now someone of that nature who plays cautiously and is very careful with his peds does not overnight change his whole personality and start paying people to hunt with him. It just doesn't happen.

In my position it's very difficult if not impossible to prove anything. I mean like concrete proof. So this is just circumstancial and as such I may have misunderstood.

And what i don't understand in Narfi and his team is why they refuse me the right that data had to be checked ? Why they refuse that i can have an opinion different of them ?

First thing, while things can and have got lost in translation previously I would rather see the logs then someones interpretation of them!

Secondly I don't believe anyone is refusing you the right to have anything checked nor that you have a differing opinion (especially from Narfi, everyone is entitled to their own opinions!)

Your team wasn't hunting for the last month after you were in the lead. It was only in the last 3 days that Narfi scored his HOF's to win (none of which were from 133 THINGS) and by that time it was too late for your team to compete or you didn't think it was worth it as I understand it.

But why are you bring this to light now? Why not when you were ahead and Narfi was in second place?

I sent 2 supports to MA during the time i was leading and I PMed ND once throw ND.com and once IG.
And as i said you i am not the OP here, i would not have said anything if i was not shocked by what says some people here who say nothing was changed.

OMG SERIOUSLY EVERYONE I READ ONE POST in this thread ... and wow...

You guys really still don't understand this concept of this game... really ?
In real life when you work hard at something what do you get? You usually win 90% of the time...
Narfi is Grinding for XX amount of hours as many hours i am mining that i can get too, i always see narfi online and this zal guy well he hofed but he stopped hunting.... omfg really? he stopped? soo wait the guy that was Griniding and SPENDING ALOT OF PED in the process REally not going to win?

come on MORONS

LOOK AT all REsults from ALL THe hunting EVENTS hmmmm LETS PICK EXAMPLE the AMERTHA Demons!!!! ok... Let's see they started hunting eomon big ones? Hofed decent amount of times probably breaking evenish for the amount of hofs / hours put in... Then they change to eomon Young or something? anyways point is they hit a huge Eomon and they were going for the whole event a week? Soo... The people band together through the SHIT TIMES and achieved something great...

Well Dude what narfi did was hard Work and long ass HOURS i didn't SEE the other competitor KEEP GOING.. I SAW NARFI on the HOFS FOR THE THING

like come on......
WAKE UP

PLEASE
YES your RIGHT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PERSONAL LOOT POOLS but

FFS i can't believe i am saying this... ITS A PROGRAM WHICH OBVISOULY CAN NOT BE RANDOM.... THUS there is possibly a SETTING that is set for any moment at any time...

And one person can only Reach that ONE moment AT ANY time ANY PLACE IF they are PLAYing in that area....

@strach : if what you said was true i would have win. Narfi hunt 6 h day during 5 months and 2 weeks. I have hunted 10-14 hours per day during 5 months.

Edited: People who say i stop before have no clue what they are talking about. And if ND was able to check logs and how much mobs i killed in July he would be forced to say that their was not a week i did not came to hunt on Thing (killing LT on Caly and coming 1 day or 2 day in the week killin Things alone or with a reduced team as Narfi equiped his team with opallo like gun).
Simply when you have such position, when you know that nobody was able during last 3 months to do such result, you do worry if when you hunt you will not fill the loot pool for the other part.

I think first or second week of july i cam to hunt things. We killed lot of them. Not any hof. And then just after Narfi did a 1K hof. So i decided to be very carrefull with hunting now because i was perhaps helping him to do an ubber hof.

And sorry but this has no link about was their any changes or not ...

Last edited:
unfounded slander

You are a cheat, a bully and a slanderer.

You asked me personally before if I deposited and I told you I have a monthly budget I always deposit and have for the last 3.5years.

You know that I competed the same way during the Christmas events. It is the only way a low level player such as myself can compete against the Aristocracy such as yourself.

You have shown a history of anti-social play style and bullying of those who have different views than you.

The truth is this is a multi-player game, if you want to play a single player game, you are greatly delusional.

I am willing to accept a public apology for your slander.

narfi

Back