The thing I like most about this poll is...

The thing I like most about this poll is...

• How honest it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TimUnleashed

Prowler
Society
Southern Fortress Engineering (SFE)
Tim TimUnleashed Kerin
You know how you get surveys and so on from time to time that ask questions that are biased in one particular way or another? Or that don't have an answer that suits your opinion?

Well, I get sick of them. I noticed in EF that I'm not the only one so I thought I'd run a bit of an experiment.

Statistics is a finer term for guesswork.

:monkey:

Statistics is a finer term for guesswork.

:monkey:

Yeah good call Cea.

As my high school geography teacher used to say, it all comes down to an old bloke called W.G. TITS.

Whoever Gets To Interpret The Statistics.

He thought it was funny. I guess I find it mildly amusing after all these years.

Anyway, I say it's also down to how you set up the experiment.

Take this poll for instance. It's set up on the premise that if one gives ridiculous options, then one can get skewed statistics to suit their own purpose.

Later I'll reveal that all those who selected the free EFD option didn't get any EFD because of the forum that it's in. I too selected the option, but for the irony, not the EFD.

Then maybe someone will explain that that's not it, but in fact it's just that you can't get EFD for voting in your own poll, which led me to mistakenly believe that others wouldn't get EFD either.

For now, I don't know, but I'm sure all will be revealed. But there's one thing I'm certain about:

62.5% of all Entropians prefer EFD to all other poll options.

bump...............

i want a monkey option cause i just go ape about monkeys :monkey:

EFD suited me best (but there wasn't any :() and biased poll options are nut kick to be honest.

For a poll to work you need multiple non-biased choices to get a clear answer and you need to read the results and talk about them in a non-biased manner.

Back