The time has come

Essence

Mature
Jane Essence Styles
for me to finally expand my developer skillset to the mobile platform.

I've put it off for years because of a lack of time, motivation, ideas or any combination of.
But with my noticing of the EntropiaLife API, a couple of months ago, coinciding with my unexplained sudden urge to explore the mobile development, an opportunity presented itself.

I have created a small application that will display the latest hunting, mining, crafting and item globals.
It also tries to match item globals with a hunting global, to deduce what mob might have dropped it. It works rarely, though, and I, honestly, haven't bothered yet to analyse if it is a bug or missing data.

This is more of a proof-of-concept that I am able to do something like this. I may or may not continue working on it.
I probably will, as this is an interesting experience for me, the potential for learning as well as results is considerable.

As this is a journey of learning, all [constructive] criticisms and suggestions are welcome.

For several reasons, most of them really simple, the app is currently only available on Android.
Get it from PlayStore here (always double-check links that you are clicking on by hovering your mouse over it and checking the lower-left corner of your browser to see if the link seems somewhat trustworthy).

Huge thanks to the lovely people at EntropiaLife for providing an API for anyone to use.

New version available. Added quick-search for hunting, mining and crafting globals.

Another version. This time with a detailed filter for searching hunting, mining and crafting globals - date range, value range, player or the subject.

Also, when checking a rare item drop, a list of player's globals a couple of hours before the drop is shown.
There is a slight issue with this, but a patch is on it's way and will be available soon enough.

Long-tapping on a global item now shows a popup, allowing a quick search by player or subject.

Back