The Tina ´Island Girl`Leiu Memorial

Uhm, guys... I think Dash means the average MMORPG'ers death IS shooting everyone in the classroom and then their self. (Grand Theft Auto case..)
and that Tina WASNT dying like that. So calm down.

Thanks Marco for replying here, cleared everything out and it seems fair enough.

jena said:
she didnt go shoting anyone get the facts before saying somthing like that :mad:

Guys please read and fully understand posts before flaming ppl.

The posts by Dash etc were pointin out 2 different responses from ppl. regarding this memorial. Not his personal veiws...

The good response =

and the Bad response =

sorry ill ready the whole thing next time :rolleyes:

jena said:
sorry ill ready the whole thing next time :rolleyes:
heh we all understand if you got angry if you read that wrong, I think all of us would be :hug:

Skam said:
Uhm, guys... I think Dash means the average MMORPG'ers death IS shooting everyone in the classroom and then their self. (Grand Theft Auto case..)

Wouldnt say that the average MMORPGer is doing school shootouts and then killing themself. Kids that do crazy stuff after playing GTA for instance are disturbed kids, I like violence in games but I would never try anything in real life

Knuckles said:
Wouldnt say that the average MMORPGer is doing school shootouts and then killing themself. Kids that do crazy stuff after playing GTA for instance are disturbed kids, I like violence in games but I would never try anything in real life

Yea I agree but notice the </asshole> <asshole>
I dont think he ment anything but to refer to the GTA-case where a guy killed two (?) cops and a civilian and then ran off with a copcar.

Or maybe that nazi that just went crazy over ther, did he play something too?

Maybe Ill go crazy too some day, and go shoot at every dino I see irl :rolleyes:

Knuckles said:

Let's try and stay on-topic please.

If you wanna discuss those matters please start a new thread in off-topic.

Thanks.

Thanks for clarifying the meaning of Memorial Island, Marco. I had assumed that since it was named as such it would become a place where someone who passed away could be remebered.

Also thanks for your pmed response about items placed there being made non pickable. Makes sense that you wouldn't want someone desecrating a memorial.

So...how does one elect/enshrine someone that has long since passed away?

Like Evell...and Jade Black Love and many others?

Edit: I re read your post...I guess it would be a legal issue....esrt the certificate and a written affirmation from the person?

Last edited:
Marco|MindArk said:
Like Essi said - PE is very much its participants. Anyone who wishes to become immortalized on Memorial Island is welcome (I understand that this sentence sounds macabre, and I have re-written it several times, and it always comes out wrong, please bear with me).

If it is the participants will to be remembered in PE, MA requires a real life Death Certificate and the notion that it was the will of the participant in life to have this, then we will add the person to Memorial Island. It is our way to send our respects to the ones that helped create history and made PE into the wonderful community it is.
Thanks Marco, I'm sure it wasn't an easy thing to explain.

Marco's response is very appreciated. I'm glad the area can be used for other people, I just find it odd that this happened this time, and not earlier. Personally (and this is just me) I've never seen Island Girl ingame, and I've played for almost 2 years.

I appreciate the concept of a memorial area, but I find the subject so dark and littered with legal obstacles that it's possibly best not to do it. We know PE is supposed to be a virtual universe, but it's still a game - I dont really want to be thinking of death when I go shooting things with a gun - it just seems wrong.

After all, PE has revival terminals.

Dirk said:
Marco's response is very appreciated. I'm glad the area can be used for other people, I just find it odd that this happened this time, and not earlier. Personally (and this is just me) I've never seen Island Girl ingame, and I've played for almost 2 years.

The most likely reason she got a memorial place is that this death was confirmed with a death certificate :wise:

I didnt see Island Girl ingame much either,once or twice and I never even bothered talking to her

PE Avatar and RL death

A question I hope Marco can answer for me.
With all this talk about Tina are her resent passing.
What is the legal status of the avatar ingame once the owner of it has passed?
My wife has been bugging me lately about making a Will.
How can I go about leaving my avatar and everything it posses to someone.
What information will my lawyer need to supply to MA upon my death, besides the death certificate and names of the individuals I wish the account to go to.
My lawyer will send my login information and Gold Card to this person. I just need to know the exact details MA will need to make it legit.

Faustian said:
A question I hope Marco can answer for me.
With all this talk about Tina are her resent passing.
What is the legal status of the avatar ingame once the owner of it has passed?
My wife has been bugging me lately about making a Will.
How can I go about leaving my avatar and everything it posses to someone.
What information will my lawyer need to supply to MA upon my death, besides the death certificate and names of the individuals I wish the account to go to.
My lawyer will send my login information and Gold Card to this person. I just need to know the exact details MA will need to make it legit.

I think you should email him or support instead. Dont think Marco spends much time on the forums

I recently been thinking about doing a Will as well. Ok I'm only 26 :eek: , but my affairs are somewhat convoluted and as the internet plays a large part of my life. But as one of the first colonists of PE, should I die, then I would like to have a memorial in PE.

Maybe its morbid, or a bit of an ego, but I think that PE is one of the first games where the seperation between virtuality and reality is being blurred and such things as memories become important as they merge into the history of PE.

I have a feeling the way that technology runs today. This is a awsome proposal. I would also love to see a awsome memorial of myself here someday. I plan on living a while and hopefully by the time I die I will reach uberness. I feel if you are known then you should have a place here. Maybe something called "hall of lootious" where you could be shown in the true light as a hero. Ya actually I will revise my will to state I would like a memorial if I feel I would be deserving of such an honor. Do I also get a cool statue. can it be of me shooting a atrax:D? I think it is a real nice way to do something and we need more of this in this world. What are the coords of the shrine so I may also go show my respects?

x 6975.4 y 7514.0 on Amethera. There's a TP there as well.

Very Peaceful spot...

ty dark ill go check it out:)

Darkscorp said:
x 6975.4 y 7514.0 on Amethera. There's a TP there as well.

Very Peaceful spot...

you didnt know there was a TP?

Darkscorp said:
Nope...:)

Haven't spent much time on Amethera so I'm still very n00bzor there....lol

well its only a 20 min run from my appartment so i found the TP before the memorial.
i like the island its very lovely and its just nice to sit there and think about thing :girl:

Amethera Memorial Park (AMP)....good name i think

Knuckles said:
I think you should email him or support instead. Dont think Marco spends much time on the forums
Yea I know, I'll give him few days. I think this info is valuable to all of us who have alot tied up ingame.

yeah really nice place
nice view, tp , nice memorial , statue interactive
dont u feel respect and love flying there?
just one thing to say good job MA

arg. there are too many items now haha. I went and then got disconected cause of the load and everytime i log back in. I"m gonna have to wait for support to move me now.

I'm not complaining just warning ppl. If you have dial up this is probably going to happen. I'm on so called "light" highspeed and it did it it's about 2X faster then dial up so....

It looked like this tonight when we guarded it :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

very nice actually.. as long as noone screw this up

Well, I have to confess that I'm the ultimate noob in Entropia Universe, playing it since May 14th. I found Memorial Island as a POI (Point of Interest) on various websites related to Entropia. So I packed my few things (my trusty Starkhov 97, rancher hat and rascal armor) and tried to get to Memorial Island to pay my respect there in the shrine of Island Girl.

It is very hard to reach Memorial Island on the vast continent of Amethera, especially if you have to walk the way. I haven't seen the teleporter of the island yet, hence I miss it on my map. But I am a true pilgrim and one day, I will reach it and leave something there as a symbol of my respect for a person whose real life was much too short end ended tragically.

And, yes. It would be great if Memorial Island could become some sort of monument for all the people who left us forever. And it should become a tradition that everyone has to visit the island on his/her own feet (resp. the feet of their avatar) to find something on the island. Maybe something that's the final brick in the building of their avatar's development. Something crucial to the sense of Entropia and its players. Like being "virtually enlightened" or something. Enlightened in the name of their long journey and the true shown remembrance and respect to the people who passed away.

Call me pathetic, but that's what I think.

Greetings, Vincent "Vin" McMillan

Back