The weird things we believe or do in EU (but might be too ashamed to admit)

Great Thread!!

My superstition is, that when I am hunting and I have more than one creature aggro'ed to me, I have to loot the creature that I have just killed before I can start to shoot the next one. I can not leave a pile of bodies around me anymore. My fear is that if I wait too long to loot the corpse, I will get the "This creature didn't carry any loot" message. :ahh:

I really think I have noticed this phenomenon.:yup:

:lolup:
Seri

+rep for fun thread

After a nice loot, keep spending a little while longer. If the system sees that you stop as soon as you hit it "big," you won't hit it big as often.

Actually i always leave 0,00 on ped card - system/lootius/balancing manager etc. see/thinks i am broke and reward me with nice HoF :)

I always do this too! But you can't just buy the amount of Ped that the display says you have (105.53 Ped as your displayed amount is actually 105.53XX amount of Ped)...there are the 100ths and 1000ths of a pec that you can't see, and you can only spend those by buying ammo and clicking up the rightmost two columns of ammo amount in the tt window...THEN you are TRULY broke :)

- When viewing trends on EntropiaTracker, any mob that is up in percentages for looting/payouts obviously is hot and bleeding PEDs. Hunt those. :wise:
- When viewing trends on EntropiaTracker, any mob that is down in percentages for looting/payouts obviously is prepping for a big payout. Hunt those. :wise:

ROFL!! :D:lolup:

kontribooting -
I have changed my "insant-zoomout" button to the B key of my keyboard, and then i scroll out to the fullest, press B, zoom in, Press B, Zoom out and then loot, rinse and repeat. Dunno why :D

Last edited:
Some of the thing I do:

- always close the loot windows ( ESC after loot)
- when mining, after I drop a probe I press 3 times the P key and 1 more right before the message pop-up
- when I see nice places I always stand in a nice position ( sunset, watter, reflection...) and start record before I drop probes
- I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do 2 thing when I hit something in mining, stop running and right after I make the "Victory" emotion, I almost swing in time with the swirlies:)
- I try to keep my ped card on 0 ( no problem in that:) )
- If a mob in my sight moves then that's the next mob I kill ( kinda like...pick me, pick me, pick me)
- many time, before I kill a mob or find a resource I zomm in and out ( invoking the global effect:D ) I think one time it had effect

That's some of them....

Last edited:
believe that Mindark and Planet Partners actually read the forums and care what the participants posting in the forums think....

- When hunting I always try to target the smallest group, e.g. if there are 2 mobs on the left and 10 on the right, I go to the left. If I work on a cluster of mobs and suddenly a lone mob spawns somewhere far behind - I run to it. Not because I fear of mass agro but because I feel the loot and the chance to global are better that way.

- I always close loot window after every kill, even if it costs me hits from other mobs. I believe that the open window increase the number of no-looters :)

- If I see a 4+ digits hof on the mob I'm currently working on I keep hunting for 5 mins to "scrape the crumbs" and then don't touch this mob for the rest of the day.

- Two things often lead to a good run for me: buying a new L gun from the auction (not necessarily starting using it, just buying) and selling a great amount of accumulated loot (several hundreds worth) from the storage to a trader. Apparently the system rewards me for the contribution to the capital turnover :). In the past a depositing also always led to good runs, but not anymore.

- I'm not a miner but often carry some probes around just in case I'd feel an urge to drop one. When the moment comes, I always do it on slopes and never on crests of mountains and don't move until I get the probing result. I never drop bombs on huge barren plains, especially on those with repeated ground patterns, believing that those terrains are mostly just fillers and seldom contain minerals. BUT if I notice a lone mob while flying over such a terrain, I immediately land to kill it, and pretty often it's a 10+ pedder. Just a week ago a lone prancer (a mob that hardly globals at all, especially a young) in the middle of nowhere gave me 151 peds :)

- I'm not a crafter but sometimes I try my luck with Simple I Conductors when I have a lot of oils from the hunting - not too often, I use the same bp for years and only managed to grow it's QR from 1 to 80. When doing it, I watch closely the global chat and click only when there are strikes of crafting globals (no matter on what). I tend do it right after login (before doing anything else) and never in automode.

- I seem to like to min the dark shade areas on the map as opposed to the lighter shaded areas, ie dirty patches of white, greener patches of green, bluer patches of blue.
- Also have tendency to mine slops of ridges and bottoms of valleys.

Both make no difference, I get mining results in plains or on top of mountains or in lighter areas just as well. It is just something I do I guess.

Really have no hunting quirks I just shoot and loot and hope to lootius I get something besides "This creature does not carry any loot"....

bah browser locked up and double posted so removed this one sorry mods.

Back