The Whining Threads

.kernel.

Provider
Society
Supremacy Reign
Kernel Kernel 32
We know em all we've seen em all; the whining threads. They start off with somebody telling (in a detailed version) how much they are losing, how short their deposits last. And they end up with a curse to MA and a I am outta here quote.

Interestingly I've come to see an trend in these threads as well as the consequences it may have to the topic starter. Just to keep you conspiracy minded people busy here is are some threads which came to my mind instantly:

Jake Samuels' thread about 50k losses https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-economy-discussion/78692-50k-losses.html soon after which he hits a ATH

Joe Jeff xxSquallxx's thread about the tt'ed un-(L) amp https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/123077-30000-mistake.html soon after which MA changed the policy of the (stupidly) tt'ed uber items

Of more recent dates are:
Hugh's hunting log https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-economy-discussion/178955-hughs-hunting-log-2010-a.html An intresting one because Marco stated it had been forwarded to the balancing manager and within a week or so a very nice 15k'ish MA-101 entered the charts.

And off course the thread where Star is asking what the deal is with the hangar owners and BOOM like magic MindArk is issuing a payout the same week.

My point is in order for MindArk to change you need to first post a whining thread here on EF, which then picks up in popularity before it gets forwarded to the balancing manager/Marco/etc. who make everybody happy in the end. If you have examples of these things happening, feel free to post.

note: I do not feel any hate towards the topic starters, this is the place to speak about that stuff. I do not have anything agains anybody, neither I am jealous.

Mr. 32

Last edited:
:laugh: HOW FUNNY i have never whinned or bitched about loot at all and had 2 ath in 3 months totalling 120k peds so how that work then......:lolup:

LOL the poor guys down at MA can't win.

If they ignore the community people rant about being ignored. If they read the forums and act on something that the comunity wants people make bullshit threads like this.

I can't say I blame them for ignoring us most of the time, if I were going to end up in the shit either way I'd probably ignore you too.

So instead of making rant or conspiracy or whine threads, how about someone makes a thread that actually says thankyou on the odd occasion that they actually do something right.

Eg the thread star made which recently got the hangar owners the response they were waiting for. Instead of a single person saying thanks all MA got was abuse for not naming an EXACT date of the payout. So the next time the hangar owners are jumping up and down wanting something what do you think is going to happen? Do you think MA will happily oblige? Or do you think thy will remember all the shit you gave them last time round and say fuckit make the ungratefull little bastards wait?

I know what I would do if I were them.

I think whining threads certainly have their place here. They highlight issues in the universe that need to be remedied.

However, some issues are certainly more important to particular individuals than to the overall game as a whole. So people speak loudly, voicing their concern about what's important to them. Sometimes MA listens and does something about it. If you can present your case in a calm and constructive manner, and actually present a workable solution, it makes their job a lot easier.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. But if you can't articulate where the squeak is and instruct them how to use a grease gun, there will be no grease for you...

:laugh: HOW FUNNY i have never whinned or bitched about loot at all and had 2 ath in 3 months totalling 120k peds so how that work then......:lolup:

So instead of making rant or conspiracy or whine threads, how about someone makes a thread that actually says thankyou on the odd occasion that they actually do something right.

Pics or it didn't happen!

nstead of a single person saying thanks all MA got was abuse for not naming an EXACT date of the payout. So the next time the hangar owners are jumping up and down wanting something what do you think is going to happen? Do you think MA will happily oblige? Or do you think thy will remember all the shit you gave them last time round and say fuckit make the ungratefull little bastards wait?

I think people give em shit because they do aswell. What goes around comes around. To put it horribly out of proportion; We wouldn't be whining if we hit a ATH every other day.

whining posts have no place anywhare and certantly dont help toward getting anything changed.

constructive criticism posts however do, and do help toward getting things changed for the best.

whining posts about whiners.....goddddddddddddddddddd ;):laugh:

I never made a whining thread and I think i do ok. whining thread don't = loot .. many loot good everyday and never complain.. many loot bad as well.

I think people give em shit because they do aswell. What goes around comes around. To put it horribly out of proportion; We wouldn't be whining if we hit a ATH every other day.

Wow ... what are you on? And dear god please share it round :eyecrazy:

I liked the one about osseocolums wich ended up looting a nice cornacuada with stalker sga up in its ass.

Wich leads me to sga period...so I better stop..lol

On a more serious note:
Sometimes It really looks like the MA brainiacs are pushing the loot buttons for certain peeps... but I highly doubt It. I think that If this is to be true and If ever any evidence comes to public/or somekind of inspection then this will be the end of this rce. Would be really sad for everyone, also for the "gifted" peeps.

Cheers,
Robo:smoke:

loot sucks!!! ;)

Reactions: Uni
I know what I would do if I were them.

I mainly agree with your response addz - except to say that there's a third option.

OP addresses the idea that whining seems to work.

OP ignores the idea that constructive criticism has also been known to work.

Where MA lets us down, and where I know what I would do if I were them - is what appears to be a complete lack of proactivity regarding the sort of issues people end up whining about. If they were focused more on customer service, they would be making effort to find out about the issues before people start whining about them. For example, they could survey us and find out what key issues are, and tell us what they are doing about them. Or give us say a monthly list of main queries they've had, and address them.

If the interface between players and MA was that MA is proactive in engaging with the users and helping them enjoy the experience as much as possible, then nobody would have any need to whine - instead they'd lodge a support case and know it would actually get looked at.

For example, how many times did the question get asked nicely before Star decided enough was enough and made his thread? If MA had dealt with it at the start, it wouldn't have gone on the way it did.

Other than that - I agree with you addz. It not quite right to conclude that the way to get something done is to whine. There are other, more constructive ways.

Constructive criticism and whining are 2 completely different things and I agree with you, the former is definitely a better alternative. I have even made threads myself in the past constructively pointing out the things that I felt currently needed attention and the reasoning behind it.

Unfortunately most of the people here jump straight in the wwaaambulance the second things go bad for them, and don't even consider that sort of alternative.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exibit A, Post displayed in its entirety...
loot sucks!!! ;)

The rock bottom maturity and patience of some people astounds me at times.

We know em all we've seen em all; the whining threads. They start off with somebody telling (in a detailed version) how much they are losing, how short their deposits last. And they end up with a curse to MA and a I am outta here quote.

Interestingly I've come to see an trend in these threads as well as the consequences it may have to the topic starter. Just to keep you conspiracy minded people busy here is are some threads which came to my mind instantly:

Jake Samuels' thread about 50k losses https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-economy-discussion/78692-50k-losses.html soon after which he hits a ATH

Joe Jeff xxSquallxx's thread about the tt'ed un-(L) amp https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/123077-30000-mistake.html soon after which MA changed the policy of the (stupidly) tt'ed uber items

Of more recent dates are:
Hugh's hunting log https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-economy-discussion/178955-hughs-hunting-log-2010-a.html An intresting one because Marco stated it had been forwarded to the balancing manager and within a week or so a very nice 15k'ish MA-101 entered the charts.

And off course the thread where Star is asking what the deal is with the hangar owners and BOOM like magic MindArk is issuing a payout the same week.

My point is in order for MindArk to change you need to first post a whining thread here on EF, which then picks up in popularity before it gets forwarded to the balancing manager/Marco/etc. who make everybody happy in the end. If you have examples of these things happening, feel free to post.

note: I do not feel any hate towards the topic starters, this is the place to speak about that stuff. I do not have anything agains anybody, neither I am jealous.

Mr. 32

The squeaky wheel does get the grease!

Just like real life if you don't speak up for yourself people will walk all over you, so if these people speak up and get their fare share I say... good for them :)

Cut out any thread with whine and there's perhaps 5% of EF left? There's a hint of it even in the most strict logs, in selling threads, even in loot threads made to pass around a few 'gzzzzz' and spread some rejoicing it's the rule rather than the exception for someone to say 'oh, so that's where my loot went'.

See? That was me whining :laugh:

Personally I don't mind it much and as you say: it seems it does give good results too. If nothing else, it reminds MA that there are real people they deal with and not an anonymous mass.

I know you guys are reading this in FPC, so i'd like to have 24pack of beer and couple of chicks on my appartment next satruday!

I trust you marco, dont dissapoint me!

E: If I need to whine first, here we go.

"DAMN I GOT NO BOOZE NO GIRLS DAMN.

ITS FPC's FAULT!"'

You forgot the Skill Mod attachments whinge i had, followed magically by an announcement that they were going to tell us what they do.*

*Note that i think there's as much connection there as there is in most of the other examples you give, which is to say, little to none.

Wish I had something to whine about cause I'd really like to have a ath, but things seem to work expectedly for me most of the time. Guess I have to live with regular returns

It didn't work for me. Whining that is. Nor thanking MA where it was due.

It's just like poker player syndrome, when you win it's never enough, when you lose it's because someone up there pushed the doomswitch button.

I was a completely uneco player for over 4 years, and always ended up skint no matter what I did in this game. I would of course whine about it, and blame MA for my bad loots.

For almost a year now I have been playing steadily, doing what I should be doing with items that are adequate to my level, not commiting all my bankroll at once in whatever I am doing, and guess what?

No, I am not winning, and probably won't unless I get a huge HoF or an ATH someday, however I managed to stop depositing for over a year now, and this has nothing to do with luck as I am still not getting that many globals or HoFs, but with bankroll management, which I was lucky enough to learn from my friends and soc.

Also many whinners are people who have never even deposited, so to those I would say look at the big picture and think "Yes I had a bad run, but hey, whatever I got here I got for free".

The way I see it any loss that does not derive from poor play tactics can be considered a fee for all the hours of fun and entertainment one gets out of EU.

Loot comes to us and leaves us and it doesnt matter we are whinning or not.

If whinning thread was the trigger to better loots, than people like ruskea was total mega rich ubaaah, lol

Anyway, whinning sometimes helps us to ventilate some frustration. This is how I look on it, and how I sometimes use it...lol

gl all :yay:

i'm sure i'll make one soon

WHAAAAAAAA!!!:cussing: yes if i whine i get what i want...it's a known fact

Only read the beginning of this thread and no idea if this was pointed out already, but dude only one of your four referred threads is a whining thread :rolleyes:

Back