There is a new star on the sky tonight!

Sims

Alpha
Society
SoA
Simon Sim Templar
Dear friends

I am writing this to all my friends in Entropia Universe..

It is with a sad heart I am making this thread and writing to you today. After fighting cancer for four hard years, my beloved wife, Tone past away from us last night. At 20:40 PM wednesday the 6th of february 2008 she drew her breath for the last time. She had all her close family with her for the last hours, and she was not in pain. Her face was peaceful, she was not afraid to die, and I am glad I was there holding her hand when she fell asleep for the last time. She would have turned 29 in the beginning of march this year.

Bilde009lite_475690.jpg

We have always thought that it was a reason she had to carry this burden. Together Tone & I were strong enough to turn our hard situation into something positive. And thousands of people have followed us in the last years on our website, and through norwegian media. We made it our goal to make a difference for other people suffering from diseases or struggling with other matters in their life. Our mission made us strong, and if it wasn't for Tone's strong mind and will to fight, she would have been dead a long time ago. With over 7500 confirmations by posts in our guestbook over the last 1,5 year, were Tone had her diary, I would say that our mission is completed.

Her last wish was to have christmas with me and our family, and since that she has only wanted to rest and sleep. So even tho I can't put words to how sad I am that she is gone, I know that she left in peace and harmony with her self. And that this was the only way this journey could ever end.

I am telling you all this because I know you care about me, and I want you to know. I want you to know that I am ok, but if I behave strange, want to be on my own ones in a while or don't want to talk much. It is because I am going through a hard time in my life right now.

I would also like you to know that you are all part of the reason I am still doing ok. All the fun times in events on CND, all the teamhunts and chats all night long with alot of you people out there. You all know who you are, even tho you didn't know, you have all helped me dealing with the hard periods, and helped Tone & me in our fight against cancer. And I am sure you will play a huge part of me dealing with the hard periods to come as well. And for that I would like to thank you all.

I will like you all not to dwell with this when talking with me ingame in the future. I use EU as recreation, so lets play and have fun as always, doing that is the best way you all can help me dealing with this. If Tone was here to talk with you, this is what she would have wanted you to do as well. I found a poem that says alot about how she was and the way she was thinking. I would like to share that with you here:

Do not stand by my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am a diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle Autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star shine at night.
Do not stand by my grave and cry.
I am not there ...... I did not die.​

Tone was all about the small positive things in this world, and how they can make your day if you just have the ability to notice them.

Rest in peace my love, I will never forget you!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss...
As long as they live in our hearts, they are never far away.

You are in my thoughts.

wow, second thread like this in such a short time.. this is really sad :( my sincere condolences..

She's in the wind, in the air and your heart forever.
She will continue to bless Your life in ways you never thought possible. Tone; A beautiful name for a beautiful woman. Our hearts are with you.

:( I am so sorry to hear about you're loss. I too lost a loved one recently, actually on Christmas Eve. It was hard for me to get back into the game at first, but like you mentioned, chat and activity give you comfort. Best of wishes,
Cat

I dont know you nor have i met you in game... but i feel for you and all i can say is sorry... stay strong...

Really sorry to hear this, Sims :(
My sincere condolences.
RIP Tone!

That post was beautifully written, the poem comforting, and as Neverdie said, she will continue to bless your life, as you did hers.

Glad you find comfort within the community :hug:

Oh Sim, I really don't know what to say except that I'm so very sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you and all your family at this very sad time.

EU and the people who play it can be truly wonderful during the hard times as I discovered last year. You know where to find me if you need anything be it an ear, a shoulder or to smile

:hug:

Bless you Sims, and bless your lovely wife, take a bit more comfort from the positive effect her strength and attitude has clearly had on others during her own hard struggle.

As a cancer survivor and someone still in a difficult recovery time, I have possibly some inkling of what the two of you had to go through, so my admiration and condolences to you for being there with her throughout the long fight, having that hand to hold is sometimes the one thing that can make the pain easier, and I'm sure that wherever she is now she is still with you and always will be.

Last edited:
She will always be with you Simon. Remember the good times.

What an amazing post, Sim.
I got a little teary-eyed at first, but then her picture actually made me smile.
Her eyes show this radiance of the energy around her and you can almost feel her presence through the picture.
As ND and you both said she's in the wind and she's in the snow and she'll always be all around you as long as you keep thinking about the amazing person she was and how happy she made your life.
Best of luck in these times of sorrow, Dear.
-Danielle-

So sorry to hear about your loss. Rest assured that she will always live in your heart and mind.

I am really touched by your beautiful post... It is a mixture of sad and positive feelings... Also, Tone and you did something really great with your mission.
My sincere condolences Sim, and thanks for sharing.
I hope you will find comfort within the community here.

All the best! :)

Posting words just doesn't seem enough.....
Even though we don't know each other we share a bond with all those who have lost someone.
Thinking about you & yours

A very touching and inspiring post Sim. The english language does not have the words to express the feelings I would like to convey. I can only say our thoughts are with you.

@-}--- @-}--- @-}--- @-}---

That is just so sad.
You have my condolences and i hope you can
draw strength from your family and the EU comunity
to help you carry on.

@-}--- @-}--- @-}--- @-}---

Our thoughts are with you at this terrible time. Please take comfort in the good times you had together...

she is a angel.....

Sorry to hear this...but be sure she is looking down on you and send u alot of love.
U have to be strong and make her proud...
U know god gave stronger ppl harder time and weaker less hard time..u are strong and may u manage this..
I wish u and all your family and friends a blessing...May u be stronger ...she is a angel now......

Bets wishes..

Sincere condolences.

Sims,

My greatest sympathy for your loss. I hope that the pain of loss passes quickly, and that the memories of the good times last always.

You did a grand job of conveying what she meant to you despite how hard that must be to do right now. I'll bet that she'd be proud of you.

AG

Im sorry to hear about your loss,

To die completely, a person must not only forget but be forgotten, and she who is not forgotten is not dead. -- Samuel Butler

My Condolences bro..............

Take care there...

well i don't know what i tell you...because when i lost too someone that love very much,i don't hear nothing and their words is not for me because i miss him,and this doesn't change.I don't want to tell in my self that was die!i tell that he is on vacations and will be back!!
only that i can tell you is to be happy,thel life is continueand care your self(that i tell in my self too!!!!
gl in game and in your rl!!!!:D
HAVE FUN!!!!!

Sims,

I am so sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time

Stinky

Stars will always be there......

My thoughts are with you

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Sims. My prayers are with you.

Back