Things that MA have got spot on in VU10.0

E.K.x

Prowler
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Pudding EKx Leash
Alright, heres my list of things that MA have done perfectly in VU 10.0

• Can no longer just click healthbars to attack

Not only had this made hunting a more skillful profession, it has given the ability for PVP to be truly exciting and fast paced, no longer is it all about whos got the biggest gun, but whom can aim it!

• Can no longer just press R and leave your avatar running

I have to watch out for trees, rocks and hills, this creates a interactive (sorta want a better word) environment and game world.

• Obviously, all the graphics

Although some of the textures when on low and medium quality are ghastly, on high and very high the world looks absolutely amazing.

Feel free to add!

Not only had this made hunting a more skillful profession, it has given the ability for PVP to be truly exciting and fast paced, no longer is it all about whos got the biggest gun, but whom can aim it!

• Can no longer just press R and leave your avatar running

I have to watch out for trees, rocks and hills, this creates a interactive (sorta want a better word) environment and game world.

• Obviously, all the graphics

Although some of the textures when on low and medium quality are ghastly, on high and very high the world looks absolutely amazing.

Feel free to add!

Can't think of much else, and the first two don't count as far as I'm concerned. I'm betting the lack of health bars was accidental, and the fact you can no longer run for miles is probably just a result of the engine change, not some ingenious plan which they took into consideration. So I'm not going to praise things that were nearly automatic with the engine.

But I will say that the graphics are very nice, the building designs are nice, the lighting, the stars and moons, the water... they did do a good job on those. (as long as you have the settings for it. :D)

night.

plain and simple its damn brilliant! i for one like the "flashlights" on armors. i like the thought of land grab having to endure a night assault to hold claims. i love it.

night.

plain and simple its damn brilliant! i for one like the "flashlights" on armors. i like the thought of land grab having to endure a night assault to hold claims. i love it.

Yeah, forgot about that. :D Night time IS awesome.

I especially like it when it's really dark and you can't tell if you are about to run off a cliff or whatever. That's intense. Though some times I have to bump up my gamma if I just want to seriously get from point A to point B. And I imagine people who PVP at night will do the same. With the right gamma you can see almost as clearly as day time...

water : i keep jumping in it up and down.

the jump to short things penalty : if u jump a hight end u get stuck no walking for a certian time.

no climning on hill's u would never be able to climb normaly.

and still i get to mountain tops u would not imagine to reach, but with useing brains and planning ahead u can.

the roads : nice roads and path's criss cross thruh the landscapes and hills.

the shadow : just wow

the sunrise and evening : it add's the perfect flow

the hole's : u need to watch out where u walk or u might get stuck in a man hole and press T

i love it all........ i CTD from time to time but i dun care
FPC did a fine job.
it can only get better from here on i hope FPC finetuning it in the years to come.

though i still hope for vehicles ....... i would like to organize a race over these roads and path's :yay:

the weather - was hiking somewhere, dont even remember where and came upon a heard of longu and it was snowing and night was falling yay for actual challenges - i was actually thinking in the back of my head i should get inside b4 it got too cold lmao

b

by removing the lifebar you just made it harder for some players.

• Well I tend to disagree with this one, as now it seems that you can't drag the life bar out on a mob, and then aim your gun and click on the life bar to shoot.. You have to aim and shoot, and looting is hard.. I've lost some loots because of this change.. So maybe a good solution is being able to pull the life bar out (But it does nothing for aiming a gun, you still have to aim it manually, and once you kill a mob, you should be able to loot it by clicking on said life bar.. I mean how hard is it to code that into the game?

So I would tend to disagree only on this one point.

Ben Coyote--

hello mate
I don t agree so much with you first 2 points:
1) * Can no longer just click healthbars to attack

U can already hunt without use this option. Someone at the contrary enjoy it.

2) * Can no longer just press R and leave your avatar running

Already you can run without autorun watching for trees etcetc, someone can enjoy use it (miner for example?)

3) * Obviously, all the graphics

Obviously i agree.

-breathing

-LA #'s finally on the map

-showing equipped armor + toggle to see only equipped in inventory

hello mate
I don t agree so much with you first 2 points:
1) * Can no longer just click healthbars to attack

U can already hunt without use this option. Someone at the contrary enjoy it.

While some people find it easier just clicking the health bar you've dragged onto your screen it makes hunting involve no skill whatsoever. It used to auto move you till your in range, and auto aim. No longer is it 99% about your gear and 1% about getting a critical hit but 50% aim and 50% knowing your weapon/terrain.

While some people find it easier just clicking the health bar you've dragged onto your screen it makes hunting involve no skill whatsoever. It used to auto move you till your in range, and auto aim. No longer is it 99% about your gear and 1% about getting a critical hit but 50% aim and 50% knowing your weapon/terrain.

well, they're fixing this soon anyway... it wasn't an "improvement" so much as something that they're waitibng til 10.1 to troubleshoot... was buggy even in 9.4 on some mobs...

I happen to like third person when solo hunting... keeps my drinking hand free:)

They have mentioned third person avatar movement, but not hunting and auto aim. Will be interesting to see these following VU's :)

Yeah, it's just preference though. There's no 'correct way' for that.

Personally I do like the way it is so far (I love FPS games, always wanted a good FPS 'MMORPG') Once they sort things out I may spend some cash and do some PVP heheh.

Though I think it will be more like 50% gear and 30% aim and 20% knowing your weapon and terrain. That's pretty much how it always works in online combat, the better your gear, the less skill you need in general... and if you have skill to go with the gear, you will be a force to be reckoned with.

If two people have equal skill, the one with better gear will usually win.

-breathing

Damn right :thumbup: I think the map interface is damn nice. Well done there.

I think MA's done a number of good things, but as to your list...

1. Not having autoaim is pretty cool for pvp, but in general for hunting it's pretty annoying (and I'm sure it will be fixed, since it has to be losing MA money)

2. The trees/rocks/hills are really annoying if you want to travel without having to watch your avatar every minute. Somebody did mention that decreasing object quality helped fix this, though.

3. Agreed.

And to add: I love that the swords glow during the night ;).

can now fix our ul armor plates/amps on L armors/weapons/finders :yay:

it be nice if we could also play golf on the course and go spear fishing or as another have mentioned "car" racing around the new landscapes:D would add a whole new dimension to EU

Never used the life bar for that.

I have nice real life weapons and handguns. I tend to emulate what I learned and teach about real ordinance in game and go for trying to hone skills in a way that is fun and challenging.

Nice that it gives me an advantage over someone having to do things differently. I have found one of the contaminated zones. I bet good field PvP skills will be important in them when they get them fully enabled. :D

• Ah cool... another way for MA to make the game even more expensive: just make sure you miss the mob a lot more often... woot, ammo waste for the win.

They have mentioned third person avatar movement, but not hunting and auto aim. Will be interesting to see these following VU's :)

I've acthually been able to drag healthbars... i'm sure auto aim is coming...

On the other hand if you *do* have low/medium quality, you can't tell wool from target assessment units apart in storage except by size, the PED card (that never gets dropped anyway) looks like a blurb, and the colors on paint cans are all wrong.

the jump to short things penalty : if u jump a hight end u get stuck no walking for a certian time.
It's plainly annoying. It's like pre-physx, when you jumped down the 512m hill and it took 5 minutes before you got down.

no climning on hill's u would never be able to climb normaly.
For someone who really can climb, a >45o slope shouldn't be a problem. In reality, on small hills in forests there are usually tree roots, stones and other things you can use to put your feet on when going up. In reality, you can spot a hill and you see if it's unclimbable or not pretty fast; here it's harder.

You're a miner and you got the claim on a hill? Poor hill...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Kirunavaara.jpg
http://www22.vv.se/filer/Luossavaara_liten.jpg ;)

the roads : nice roads and path's criss cross thruh the landscapes and hills.
Well yes, but then you know that when there is a road it's the *only* way to get to a certain place. I only wait for someone with a pk spree in mind to stand at the top of such a road through hills and sniping everyone who comes close.

though i still hope for vehicles ....... i would like to organize a race over these roads and path's :yay:

I'm waiting for TP-chip to be operational again, then probably the worst annoyances with the hills would be gone, at least for me.

That's good. On the other hand, they swapped around the LAs, meaning some land owners go got their land with the TP in mind aren't happy now, and a few land areas that used to be close to TP (for instance the small thorifoid LA) is now some distance away.

And the landowner who've put energy into the name of his LA, "Atrax Beach" (including cost of registering a doman name) probably isn't happy now (it's said it's not a beach anymore).

-showing equipped armor + toggle to see only equipped in inventory

It was better before the VU when equipped armor parts was shadowed. Now there is just a tiny symbol which can be hard to see. Equipping armor has become a pain though...

Autoaim was sort of useless before, pretty often the mob was inside the hit box though the weapon aimed slightly beside the mob, at least on range. Also when it came to distance, you could hit from a longer distance without autoaim. Though, autoaim was nifty when you were swarmed, and had to kill & loot lots of mobs in succession. Looting is a pain now, also mobs appear to be smaller (you notice when you go from 3rd person to 1st).

I can live with or without autoaim, just fix the "queue" (so you can switch to FAP get a big hit)...

I've acthually been able to drag healthbars...
It's bugged though.

One good thing though is that you now can repair plates on (L) armor easily.

Last edited:
never used this much 1st person shooting before and dont know for sure if it was like this before, but i love to loot the mobs with a right click (you just point to carcass and when you see the highlight just right click)

Hunting now only 1st person?.. bad for me.. vision probs and wrist pain, good for some bad for me.

Thankfully it's not permanent and auto aim is coming back :yay:

On the other hand if you *do* have low/medium quality, you can't tell wool from target assessment units apart in storage except by size, the PED card (that never gets dropped anyway) looks like a blurb, and the colors on paint cans are all wrong.

It's plainly annoying. It's like pre-physx, when you jumped down the 512m hill and it took 5 minutes before you got down.

For someone who really can climb, a >45o slope shouldn't be a problem. In reality, on small hills in forests there are usually tree roots, stones and other things you can use to put your feet on when going up. In reality, you can spot a hill and you see if it's unclimbable or not pretty fast; here it's harder.

You're a miner and you got the claim on a hill? Poor hill...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Kirunavaara.jpg
http://www22.vv.se/filer/Luossavaara_liten.jpg ;)

Well yes, but then you know that when there is a road it's the *only* way to get to a certain place. I only wait for someone with a pk spree in mind to stand at the top of such a road through hills and sniping everyone who comes close.

I'm waiting for TP-chip to be operational again, then probably the worst annoyances with the hills would be gone, at least for me.

That's good. On the other hand, they swapped around the LAs, meaning some land owners go got their land with the TP in mind aren't happy now, and a few land areas that used to be close to TP (for instance the small thorifoid LA) is now some distance away.

And the landowner who've put energy into the name of his LA, "Atrax Beach" (including cost of registering a doman name) probably isn't happy now (it's said it's not a beach anymore).

It was better before the VU when equipped armor parts was shadowed. Now there is just a tiny symbol which can be hard to see. Equipping armor has become a pain though...

Autoaim was sort of useless before, pretty often the mob was inside the hit box though the weapon aimed slightly beside the mob, at least on range. Also when it came to distance, you could hit from a longer distance without autoaim. Though, autoaim was nifty when you were swarmed, and had to kill & loot lots of mobs in succession. Looting is a pain now, also mobs appear to be smaller (you notice when you go from 3rd person to 1st).

I can live with or without autoaim, just fix the "queue" (so you can switch to FAP get a big hit)...

It's bugged though.

One good thing though is that you now can repair plates on (L) armor easily.

why do u post in here.
damn ur a real boring person aint u.

Hunting now only 1st person?.. bad for me.. vision probs and wrist pain, good for some bad for me.

Thankfully it's not permanent and auto aim is coming back :yay:

auto aim is for noob ball's
sorry but that's what i just think of it.

no personal offence to any one.
auto aim is plain boring, it's like asking some else to do things for u.
but in this case it's only to move ur mouse and press the button.

lol.. it is a bit offensive actually.. no harm in having the choice of aim modes.. as i said, it's cuasing me problems, i don't use 1st person just i'm bad at shooting, fps games are my speciality but for me in THIS game..it doesn't work

auto aiming is for the handicapped ppl :p

why do we allway's have to ajust our live's to the bennefit of handicapt people :rolleyes: that question just raised into my head.

they allway's take the best place's at concerts and happening's.
the get bigger parking places , and even the parkplaces who are nearest to the mall's , shop's , and so on..........;)

most of the time they don't even have t o walk ......:scratch2: they have wheels.......:eek:

this is not fair and we ... the discriminated not handicapt people need to make a stand... :laugh:

Nah ......... but serious now.
auto aim ? come one ur a gamer then play as a gamer.
auto aim may come back , i have no problems with that (me not using it)

but no auto aim for pvp please pvp became so much better without it.
it bad enough u can sellect someone allready ,so they can see where u coing or hiding.

PS": the first part of this post reply is ment as joke and cannot be seen as reality nor my truh way of thinking. ;)

why do u post in here.
damn ur a real boring person aint u.

Most things fixed :yay::beerchug::shower::tux:
- Hills made easier for miners
- Less "vain pose" when going downhill
- Button/checkbox in client loader to reset graphics

MA is good at fixing bugs!

Back