This is not a flame or attack.

Status

mrchips

Guardian
It's a brave person that will critisize Neverdie. So I'm either a fool or maybe worse.

But I speak as I find and to hell with the ramifications.

Quite simply.. whats going on with your prices in your bank shop?

example

EMT 2600
market price +70 ped
Bank ND price +398 ped

jaguar harness female.
market price +2507 ped
Bank ND price +3783

A103 amp
market price +70
Bank ND price +179

Kross 350 UL
Market price +1330
Bank ND price +2734

The fact that these items are up for sale already means that someone has defualted on their loan agreement. So you have already turned a profit.

Why am I moaning? Because they are some nice items held in limbo that I might want.

We all care about the future of EU, I want the banks/malls/booths/ to work.. and your investment into the game says you do too.

A cynical person might look at these prices and think that jon jacobs is;

A. greedy
B. nieve about market prices
C. too lazy to update things

I for one don't want to think that any of these statements could be true.

So i ask for myself and others who frequent your bank shops to please sort it out :)

*No i didnt use the search form.. sorry if this has been discussed already

prices change m8 :)

Ya but not this much... I know what hes talking about... some of the prices in ND's bank or shop keepers are way over priced imho. It certainly prevents me from checking there too often if i am looking to purchase something... its usualy the last place I look as the prices are always so high.

I rather think that ND just hasn't the time to check prices for rising / falling all the time and so just set it up at a price for 2009 :)

You see it at almost all opened banks in the shops, not just at BND :)

What I would love are better loan payouts on following items:

Chikara Invest Foe ES 400 (really... :))
Adj. Langanaus Arms Personal Cannon (as it was before, why you lowered it this month btw, had it at BND for almost four months now, didn't put it in this time cause would have needed more PED as loan, stopped cashflow in purchasing other items a bit *gg*)

prices change m8
Agreed :) So why dont the prices in the shop change to reflect this?

Adj. Langanaus Arms Personal Cannon (as it was before, why you lowered it this month btw,
So someone somewhere is doing something with the bank "admin"
Why cant they adjust the shop prices too?

they mat seem high, but around two months ago they were closer to market. they wouls still have been high, but at least closer to market. the korss was aroudn 2500 and the a103 was 150

Have you seen the prices in some of the mall shops? I usually get my items from auction but did not see anything i was looking for at the time so i thought i would check out some of the weapon and armor shops in the malls. I could not believe what they were asking for some of the items, armor parts tat have been selling for 140% they are selling for 340%, didn't make any sense to me. Sorry to hi-jack the post but it was kind of a similar happening that i noticed.

Well this could be for a number of reasons, maybe they bank doesn't want to part with these items just yet unless you trade them they value they want for the items.

There is a boom on the way and mid-range items are going to jump in price. Don't think the people behind the bank don't know lol.

Have you seen the prices in some of the mall shops? I usually get my items from auction but did not see anything i was looking for at the time so i thought i would check out some of the weapon and armor shops in the malls. I could not believe what they were asking for some of the items, armor parts tat have been selling for 140% they are selling for 340%, didn't make any sense to me. Sorry to hi-jack the post but it was kind of a similar happening that i noticed.

Don´t speak about Mall Shops in General, there are very v´fine Mall Shops out there. Some of them offer real nice items below market average or very very close to it.

All times I have checked the Shopkeeper at BND there was only far overpriced items, never something cheap (ok will be gone very fast at PA resellers heaven) nor close to real market value.

There is a boom on the way and mid-range items are going to jump in price. Don't think the people behind the bank don't know lol.

This boom you speak of seem to have lowered all prices ingame over the last three months. Mod, imp, maybe adj, fap and MM not included. UL guns, non sib guns, amps, armor plates, pretty much all enmatter and ores, etc.. :scratch2:

And ND has overpriced the items in his bank every since he opened, so I have to agree with the OP. I have run past that place maybe 40 times, on my way to swamp camp, and I check the outside shopkeeper 9/10 times - I don't remember seeing a sensibly priced item in it (maybe they were all bought?)..

I have picked up items way under market from BND.

The prices change and if they don't catch them, then you get a deal.

Don´t speak about Mall Shops in General, there are very v´fine Mall Shops out there. Some of them offer real nice items below market average or very very close to it.

well, i dont know if my items in my store are very nice, but i know they are always undermarket when i place em :)

You think ND going to answere this? :laugh:

Have you seen the housing prices in CA??
It's not the Florida market!! someone has to pay the rent:silly2:

what upset me wasn't the prices in the shops.. but the across the board drop in loan value BND did to almost every item they give tt+ on..

market value goes up on items and they drop the loan value.. its crazy

but yeah i wonder into the shops every time i stop by the banks and its all the same overpriced unsold items.

BINGO...Hand the Man...

Well this could be for a number of reasons, maybe they bank doesn't want to part with these items just yet unless you trade them they value they want for the items.

a cigar!

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure
Official BND associate

My smart reply would beeeee :cheer::cheer::cheer::spam::spam::headbang:

Whooooooooooo caaaaaareeeeesssssssssssssss

I.

Yep... I saw those prices too..

I saw those prices too and was like WTF? Seriously... Makes no sense... I do see some markup on some shops elsewhere, but on much lower level, and some shops are way, way, way safer price-wise. Just explored Blu's shop in PA 3rd floor today... quite a few prices below market values on some items.

I discussed these prices with the Bank manager and he tells me these items when Placed in the bank shop were at market value.... As I understand it the market price on these items has dropped , therefore it looks like we are asking above market, but thats just because the market fluctuates....

We dont mark items down in the shop when the market drops, we just leave it as is unless we are desperate to dump it and cut our losses.

As you all know there is a lot of market manipulation on prices, So the bank does alot of cross referencing with Private sales etc...

Im not suggesting our rates always reflect the Market, but our priority is not to get burned...

Im glad that we are offering this service, but I truly encourage you to use the other banks, when our rates dont satisfy you.

I will say that we do dozens of loans daily, so some people find it very handy...

Also we do review comments, requestsa and criticisms and often adjust accordingly, however when it comes to adjusting prices down to follow the market in the shop, I dont think thats something we will bother with unless we are desperate to unload items.

Im glad that we are offering this service, but I truly encourage you to use the other banks, when our rates dont satisfy you.

I find this to be a staggering comment! :scratch2:

You state you listen to your customers, as they have spoken out in this thread, and you diss them by pushing potential business onto other banks?

Mind blowing...

He's saying that its bad business to lower the items markups, for the most part and since variety is offered through the game then you should look to them if you are unhappy because you have a choice.

For some reason people in this game don't realize that there is always a choice.

Last edited:
each bank has a different business model, so we wont always make adjustments just to suit our customers, We encourage you to choose whats right for you...

We really dont want to sell our customers on the idea that we are the only option...

There are other banks, if they are offering you a better deal...
I genuinely encourage you to take the best deal...

a question to chips:

If you went into these people's shops:
cyndy elektra, skippie, star, tzepu, smoerble, <numerous others>

and saw the same, would it warrant a thread every time they stocked something you wanted but weren't prepared to pay?

Similarly, if you saw these avatars:
Jolana Kitty Brice, Janus JD D'Arcwire, Yuri iNTellect Efremov, ND, Anshe Chung
selling stuff you wanted on auction, do you think it also worthy of a thread?

a question to chips:

and saw the same, would it warrant a thread every time they stocked something you wanted but weren't prepared to pay?

Yes best to check with immortal first to see if your post is worthy... pffft

i am the only one who see this as a feature ??

a question to chips:

My answer to this is quite simple.
The name tzepu (and others on that list) roughly translates as "reseller", everyone knows this and theres no point discussing it or questioning it. They get flack for it and are happy to live with this status.

I and prolly a good % of players would not put neverdies name down on that infamous resellers list. Which is why his shop prices came as a shock to me.
I thought it could be due to his hectic schedule. I now know that his prices are intentional and I draw my own conclusions from that.

In my limited dealings with neverdie I have found him transparant and quite happy to answer uncomfortable questions. I'm not the only person who wanted this question answering.. but it looks like im the only person with big enough balls to ask.

a question to chips:

Don't answer a question with a question.. ffs:rolleyes:

Status
Back