Thoughts on Marco's interview

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
Well, after listening to Marco's interviewm there seems to be some good news and some bad news.

Good news is that he is planning to develop the systems like mindforce and taming, and it is on his platter. He seemed quite positive on making taming quite useful like pet battles, riding etc.

The bad news is that that happy day seems to be quite far away after Cry implementation, so we are looking at a year at least.

On one hand it can be good news, as it gives people time to skill up in other areas as well (which is what I will be doing since I pretty much reached the levels I am comfortable with).

On the other hand, it gives very uncertain timelines and pretty clear that taming system while definitely in the pipeline does not seem a top priority.

Anyone has other comments on this?

Marco interview: couple surprising points

As I listened, there were a couple of points that I found somewhat surpising:

1) He states that there are points of interests that have not yet been discovered I always thought that pretty much every inch of Calypso and Amethera has been covered by now. any thoughts of where or what these might be

2) He was pretty emphatic that mod faps still drop, and have dropped over last year or two. It is odd that whoever might have looted one did share this quite unique fact..is there any reason the owner would keep this drop a secret?

1, there are points of interest im sure of that but is it possible to get there yet?

2, yes its worth more if it dont drop anymore, and if he/she keeps hunting that mob alone he/she might loot anotherone.

2) He was pretty emphatic that mod faps still drop, and have dropped over last year or two. It is odd that whoever might have looted one did share this quite unique fact..is there any reason the owner would keep this drop a secret?

Maybe it is just because nobody looks anymore on the type of unlimited faps they receive in their loot window and just TT them quickly.

Maybe you looted it this year and TTed without noticing it ;)

hmm. i heard it totally different, i heard that they could still drop and when Dion asked him if a mod fap/imp fap had dropped in the last year Marco said he couldn't say

Can you put a link on your first post where this interview can be found? :)

Good news is that he is planning to develop the systems like mindforce and taming, and it is on his platter. He seemed quite positive on making taming quite useful like pet battles, riding etc.

*clasps hands, praises jesus, falls to my knees and kneels before the impending taming vu*

not much news, really. same answer as always... yes, taming, we'd really love to improve that. hopefully it'll come around soon. sorry no eta. but we think it would be great.

well at least there wasn't a promise to see a brief on it by early 2009, or was that 2008, or was it 2007, i'm not sure i remember, anymore.

hmm. i heard it totally different, i heard that they could still drop and when Dion asked him if a mod fap/imp fap had dropped in the last year Marco said he couldn't say

yea, a one word retort, "yes." that any item could loot. i don't think they're ever been any evidence that an uber fap has looted since AbaT looted the adj fap on ambus in fall of 2006.

not really "pretty emphatic," kombi. same answer he's given many, many times, that all items in game CAN loot followed up a standard statement that he can't discuss the details of it due to you know yada yada about the loot system.

Hmmmmph, radio won't work for me :( It wouldn't on ND's site on MMOWC finals night either.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Jamhot

Hmmmmph, radio won't work for me :( It wouldn't on ND's site on MMOWC finals night either.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Jamhot

Have you tried the embedded EntropiaRadio player here on EF?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/radioandtv.php?station=1

Also, sometimes the Windows Media Player does not like to embed properly in Firefox/Mozilla browsers, so you may want to try using Internet Explorer for such pages.

Finally, you can open the EntropiaRadio stream directly in your favorite audio player (e.g. Winamp, Windows Media Player, iTunes) using the following URL:

mms://www.entropiaradio.com/entropiaradio

Good news about taming and MF, although the down side is that the value of those skills will drop very fast once we see the VU, haha :)

Anyone who believes a Mod Fap has dropped in the last year is living in a dream world. It could never have been kept secret. To say one has dropped is just a lie.

Good interview, i really like the audio method the answers can be heard in context which is sometimes lost in text form.
Had my question answered (i asked about what Marco was proud of in developement of EU), and was happy to hear his commitment to gameplay elements. Also an answer about cashcards, it is nice to know that their implimentation again is still being looked into.

Thanks for the answers Marco .:)

Yay I didn't know it was up yet :yay: *listening now*

Well Marco said in a thread before that the first time after CE2 would be mostly cosmetic changes and bug fixes and such... :silly2:

Anyone who believes a Mod Fap has dropped in the last year is living in a dream world. It could never have been kept secret. To say one has dropped is just a lie.

That is just a stupid groundless accusation...

How COULD it not be kept a secret? :scratch2:

Have you tried the embedded EntropiaRadio player here on EF?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/radioandtv.php?station=1

Also, sometimes the Windows Media Player does not like to embed properly in Firefox/Mozilla browsers, so you may want to try using Internet Explorer for such pages.

Finally, you can open the EntropiaRadio stream directly in your favorite audio player (e.g. Winamp, Windows Media Player, iTunes) using the following URL:

mms://www.entropiaradio.com/entropiaradio

Thanks 711, tried all that, just keeps saying in radio box.... connecting to media , couple of seconds then .... ready *click on play , goes back to, connecting media , rinse and repeat?

I am using IE too? weird.

I'll try using the url directly in another player.

Ummn I can't find where to put urls into WMP? :ahh:

Jamhot

Glad to hear we got some answers to some questions.. this was expected...

I wonder what hasn't been discovered yet. The answer to Dion's last question peeked my ears as the recording came to an end :eek:

Then again this isn't shocking we have a new discovery every week, for example new l armor yadda yadda.

Anyways thanks for the interview marco if you read this :silly2:

1) He states that there are points of interests that have not yet been discovered I always thought that pretty much every inch of Calypso and Amethera has been covered by now. any thoughts of where or what these might be

A good interview i thought answers as expected. Just to clarify above
1) Dion asked about "points of interest & items not found", i believe marco was referring to items not found

2) Marco couldnt say when Dion asked about the last year. But he did clarify that they can still drop

:thumbup:

Thanks for the info Marco & nicely handled interview Dion.

Great interview.

oh he said that stuff will be named after avatars :D

Marco, name something after me!! :laugh:

Thanks 711, tried all that, just keeps saying in radio box.... connecting to media , couple of seconds then .... ready *click on play , goes back to, connecting media , rinse and repeat?

I am using IE too? weird.

I'll try using the url directly in another player.

Ummn I can't find where to put urls into WMP? :ahh:

Jamhot

I am having the same problems as Jamhot...

Tried IE7, Firefox, I also tried copying the URL that 711 posted in my WMP with no sucess...

I also tried WinAmp with no sucess.

I could use some help as well.

Cheers :beerchug:

Last edited:
The future looks promising ... but that has been the case for years ...
Not impressed with the information we got tbh

Keep trying though in the next interview ;)

Atami

PS :

The idea of shooting a mob and not damaging it because of it has the wrong type of dmg is frightening ... imagine your MM saying "0 dmg inflicted" at the rate of 86/min :eek:

Actually the questions was something like items or places of interest that haven`t been discovered if I remember right. Marco hesitates a sec before answering and then says yes. I`d say it`s pretty clear he had the items thing in mind and would be bad marketing to say no ofc, was only obvious answer he could choose.

Actually the questions was something like items or places of interest that haven`t been discovered if I remember right. Marco hesitates a sec before answering and then says yes. I`d say it`s pretty clear he had the items thing in mind and would be bad marketing to say no ofc, was only obvious answer he could choose.

Actually the question was about "landmarks".
Well...it is a big ocean and maybe we should all get some Orca and explore it a bit more. Who knows what is lurking out there besides Ripper Snappers :D

Well...it is a big ocean and maybe we should all get some Orca and explore it a bit more. Who knows what is lurking out there besides Ripper Snappers :D

Yeh I knew I had to listen to it again.:)

To answer your rhetorical question:laugh:,the only thing lurking there is big fatass armor decay.

sunken pirate ships with giant tresure chests with 1000s of PED in them? :D

he seemed to dodge around the french fries question i found...hmmmm.... interesting.

I actually swimmed to the lower left corner of Eudoria once(There was no "T" or tp chip then mind you) and besides nothing i found a spot where it spawned like 100mobs a second just raining down on the bottom of the ocean. Mixed every damn mob type, Atrox, Atrax, Cornundacauda, Spiders and what not. (mobs could not drown back then btw)

Reported it as a bug, figuring it could be the cause of all the rubberbanding we experienced back then considering server load.

Then i swam back to Eudoria ^^

What interview ???

Back