Throwing down the Gauntlet

Would you like a way to "Throw down the Gauntlet"

• Yes, I would like a fun, controlled, non-annoying way to do pvp anywhere.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No. I am a wuss and don't ever want to die, even playfully. I prefer boredom.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kassy

Old
I would like to see a way to do PVP on demand. Until Death.

Drop any item on the ground, and when the dropped item dialog asks "are you sure?" you choose "Yes" or "PVP". (yes to simply drop the item like normal, or pvp to set this item as the prize for winning the pvp match.)

When any avatar clicks on the dropped item, they are warned that this item is the Prize for winning the PVP match.

The avatar who dropped the item is just an observer, but may participate in the PVP play by clicking on the pvp flagged item and accepting the challenge.

The item remains on the ground for 30 seconds after the 2nd, 3rd or more challengers click on the item. This will allow additional avatars to participate by also clicking and accepting the challenge.

PVP is flagged between the players until one avatar remains standing. At that point the ITEM goes to the winner.

I believe that any form of death should count (via pvp or being killed by a mob), allowing "last man standing" events while hunting etc.

Kassy

Last edited:
I certainly like the idea, but dunno about the interface.

How about 1 special item that functions as a special container for the PVP option.It would have minimum costs and can be used only once. You could put one or more items ( like full armor ) in it. That item would have the special menu in that case.

You can do this ofcourse with friends by just going to any pvp area so the likelyhood of it being implemented is small.

Kassy said:
I would like to see a way to do PVP on demand. Until Death.

Drop any item on the ground, and when the dropped item dialog asks "are you sure?" you choose "Yes" or "PVP". (yes to simply drop the item like normal, or pvp to set this item as the prize for winning the pvp match.)

When any avatar clicks on the dropped item, they are warned that this item is the Prize for winning the PVP match.

The avatar who dropped the item is just an observer, but may participate in the PVP play by clicking on the pvp flagged item and accepting the challenge.

The item remains on the ground for 30 seconds after the 2nd, 3rd or more challengers click on the item. This will allow additional avatars to participate by also clicking and accepting the challenge.

After avatars click on the item, they are warned that this item is the Prize for winning the PVP play with the other players.

PVP is flagged between the players until one avatar remains standing. At that point the ITEM goes to the winner.

I believe that any form of death should count (via pvp or being killed by a mob), allowing "last man standing" events while hunting etc.

Kassy

A good idea but appears to me to be a little over complicated. (my head hurt half way through, normally a sign :D)

The event system could be used here, or a modification of it. You could make an "event" anywhere using the same window with a prize and the combatants for just one match.

Or perhaps some sort of modification with this and the octogons could be used.

Sonya Heart said:
A good idea but appears to me to be a little over complicated. (my head hurt half way through, normally a sign :D)

The event system could be used here, or a modification of it. You could make an "event" anywhere using the same window with a prize and the combatants for just one match.

Or perhaps some sort of modification with this and the octogons could be used.

Whats complicated? Drop item, click the "PVP" instead of the "Drop" button. Then anyone can click it and join in the fun. Last man standing wins!!!! And it should be PVP ANYWHERE, Not Timed! Only between the participants of course. Play Hide & Seek. lol

Back