Info: Thx MA for f..king up arkadian mobs

´CHARON´

Dominant
Society
cK Coat Killers
Miro Charon Varecka
What to say, another very wise mob update from side of MA. I really loved strong huons but after last update are practically unhuntable for me. In angel armor, they hitted for 1.0 before last update. After todays update, stalker hits me easily by 80 in angel what is more fapping then hunting.

It really sad that I have to say Bye bye Arkadia, which I considered as my new home ...

What to say, another very wise mob update from side of MA. I really loved strong huons but after last update are practically unhuntable for me. In angel armor, they hitted for 1.0 before last update. After todays update, stalker hits me easily by 80 in angel what is more fapping then hunting.

It really sad that I have to say Bye bye Arkadia, which I considered as my new home ...

Why blame MA? It's Arkadia themself that have made the change.....
"The following creatures have become more dangerous: Huon, Teladon, Kamaldon, Yuka. "

Whats this got to do with calypso? Why not post it on arkadia forum whare their devs can see it ;)

i recall this happened to prots...

and i was just about to head to ark :( shame

I like the way as soon as something happens that they don't like, the Arkadia fans decide it's all MA's fault :laugh:

For me this sounds like an improvement. There were too many mobs with high HP and low damage and a lack of variety among Arkadia mobs in general. It sounds like there is more of a varied mix now so that's a good thing imo.

Why blame MA? It's Arkadia themself that have made the change.....
"The following creatures have become more dangerous: Huon, Teladon, Kamaldon, Yuka. "

Since it stands under the following title I'm pretty sure it's a MA decision:

Balancing Changes

Since a lot of people (feels like 50% of the active players) currently are at Arkadia, I doubt the Arkadia crew would do any changes by themselves that would repel the people there. Also I don't think that making the mobs more aggro was something that was on top of the miners' wishlist.

Im sorry to post Arkadia related info on PCF but I would like to aware hunters who would like to move from Calypso on Arkadia, as Joker, that there has been dmg update ...

And I dont see any logical reason from Arkadia owners side to do such update, so I still think its MA decision ...

Im sorry to post Arkadia related info on PCF but I would like to aware hunters who would like to move from Calypso on Arkadia, as Joker, that there has been dmg update ...

And I dont see any logical reason from Arkadia owners side to do such update, so I still think its MA decision ...

oh ffs read david explantion. He balacend the mobs so other mobs get hunted aswell. Nothing wrong in re-balacing not like calypso never did it lol

Arkadia is still nice and ppl still keep hunting stuff. If you dont like go back to calypso where they never re-balcane mobs :laugh::rolleyes:

Since it stands under the following title I'm pretty sure it's a MA decision:

Since a lot of people (feels like 50% of the active players) currently are at Arkadia, I doubt the Arkadia crew would do any changes by themselves that would repel the people there. Also I don't think that making the mobs more aggro was something that was on top of the miners' wishlist.

Not sure about that, this feedback from Arkadia sounds more like it themself that have done it.

"
Originally Posted by David Dobson - CEO
As always it's great to get your feedback - even a bit of venting can be good for the soul, so no hard feelings here for that (I know there was nothing personal in it).

I know it is frustrating to have the mob stats changed, unfortunately some of the mobs were not balancing correctly and did need to be adjusted. (You'll notice that some mobs had their damage decreased because the balance was out in the other direction, so it's not all bad).

I can only suggest trying some of the other mobs on the planet to find something that suits, you never know, it might be a change for the better. The planet has seen way too much concentration of hunters on too few mobs which does have an impact on markup in loots (everyone looting the same stuff and flooding the market). I sure you'll adapt and find new opportunities out there."

offering healing service using modified fap (up to tier 2 if needed, 176hp) :laugh:

joking apart its a shame we gotta go thru this again, now i have the feeling that arkadia will turn into an uber planet, forcing you to pay almost 150ped decay in armor every run (Base 1k) :woot:

but if they start dropping those high end armor/gun/fap or whatever juicy items they have, who care.. thats a new challenge, consider it as if you had a taste of the planet like a beta tester (afaik ark is paying good)

oh ffs read david explantion. He balacend the mobs so other mobs get hunted aswell. Nothing wrong in re-balacing not like calypso never did it lol

Arkadia is still nice and ppl still keep hunting stuff. If you dont like go back to calypso where they never re-balcane mobs :laugh::rolleyes:
Good point!..I like the medium mobs myself.I noticed the slant in hunting the Hof-ing mobs (Huon) was almost seeing every minute.I just wish I could have!..Until next time:yay::handgun:

Last edited:
Not sure about that, this feedback from Arkadia sounds more like it themself that have done it.

"
As always it's great to get your feedback - even a bit of venting can be good for the soul, so no hard feelings here for that (I know there was nothing personal in it).

I know it is frustrating to have the mob stats changed, unfortunately some of the mobs were not balancing correctly and did need to be adjusted. (You'll notice that some mobs had their damage decreased because the balance was out in the other direction, so it's not all bad).

I can only suggest trying some of the other mobs on the planet to find something that suits, you never know, it might be a change for the better. The planet has seen way too much concentration of hunters on too few mobs which does have an impact on markup in loots (everyone looting the same stuff and flooding the market). I sure you'll adapt and find new opportunities out there."

Personally I think, that's a very reasonable thing to do?

Expanding the list of mobs (that are hunted) will increase MU on some items, and at the same time will decrease MU on others.
This willl definitely have a posiitve effect on the over all economy of the planet!

Personally, I dont' think Arkadia is geared to the Uber players.... at the moment it looks like.... coz the ubers are after new discovery, laptop, and mothership. They are trying to achieve all 3 from a single planets. (that is my interpretation ...I really don't know what is in their mind)

Today I saw in HOF list an Oro uber (4k). There were also HOF on Bokol and Halix.......these are really very good sign.... I'm sure they will generate a lot of interest among new, and low level players!

So, no... I dont' think Akradia will be geared for ubers only....It'd be opposite to it's basic principle ...to attract fresh blood in the universe!

I also hope Arkadia not to have 3rd party peds sucker in the for tax from LA.
I'd rather give peds to MA/PP than anybody else!

Last edited:
What makes you think its MA's fault? :scratch2:

I like the way as soon as something happens that they don't like, the Arkadia fans decide it's all MA's fault :laugh:

Well I saw people blaming SEE/SDS and saying it was probably them complaining to MA and getting them to change it so... :dunno:

hope they improve loot .. wasn't worth hunting them when they sucked either

Quit or stop blame MA...

P.S. use the freaking arkidia forum too...

Last edited:
crying.jpg

Yes... I did make a post on the Arkadia forum before posting here.

I’m surprised these people even know how to spell "balance". No one gives two shits about all this oil and crap that we loot. Its the same junk in every mob and its all TT garbage.

They completely wrecked a great mob to hunt. Arkadia should call it a "clue" when so many people are focused on so few mobs. In order to increase player participation why not try giving people what they want for a change?

FFS!! :mad:

Yes... I did make a post on the Arkadia forum before posting here.

I’m surprised these people even know how to spell "balance". No one gives two shits about all this oil and crap that we loot. Its the same junk in every mob and its all TT garbage.

They completely wrecked a great mob to hunt. Arkadia should call it a "clue" when so many people are focused on so few mobs. In order to increase player participation why not try giving people what they want for a change?

FFS!! :mad:

Yea we want pedz in loot :D

Yea we want pedz in loot :D

We might as well get PEDs since the vast majority of this crap just gets dumped into the TT. If MA did put a mix of peds in the loot and make the oils less common then maybe some of this crap would actually have a value to it. If that were the case then people would stop treating the crafting machine like a slot machine because things would have a markup and perhaps more people would actually craft stuff that people want to buy

But of course the losses in TT value stackables at the crafting machine helps feed the overall loot system for everyone so keep crafting away at full condition people. :laugh:

It seems no more big Yukas for me :( . I had a good weekend hunting them. (I never got 6 simultanious HOF entries before ;) )

Ow well back on Calypso doing Scips instead. :yay:

I've been hunting low maturity huons since I got there and doing pretty well out of it. while most of the loot is low MU stackables, most of it is not TT'd by me. (paints, socket components the main exception). You can generally sell stackables above MU on Arkadia.

I found the change in mob stats behaviour a little jolting but have managed to adapt. Initially armour decay was higher but now is around where it was. I do more fapping and that costs me a a couple of ped extra for a 400 ped hunt. I cant hunt as quickly but that means I get more hunt time for my ped. I can live with that.

Loot hasnt changed as far as I can tell.

KikkiJikki

For me this sounds like an improvement. There were too many mobs with high HP and low damage and a lack of variety among Arkadia mobs in general. It sounds like there is more of a varied mix now so that's a good thing imo.

What he said :)

Visited Arkadia, realized that 95% of mobs are high HP low DMG mobs. Spawns are huge.. So the whole arkadia is about to jump one lesser and shoot all your ammo without moving your ass. Considering the simple terrain all over the planet.. Its a boring place for our belowed addicted players.. It has nothing to become a game ;)

No more easy ESI for you Charon... bummer!!! :laugh:

"

I love the part about MU of loot. I hunted huons quiet a lot and practically all my loot went to TT. The only things I sold in auction were some hides or wools, but their MU is practically equal to TT. No esi, no armor parts, no guns ... I tried also other mobs, but their loot went to TT as well ... so I take that argument about balancing to increase MU as a bullshit.

Reactions: das
If you think Arkadia made these changes on their own, then you also believe that Calypso made the same type of changes on their own.

MA directs these changes for their idea of balancing.

LOL what a joke, since I was on Arkadia, I did not loot any single small esi :D

No offence Charon but all those leviathan like mobs on arkadia were too imbalanced imo.

They allowed people to cycle a lot of ped very fast, not to mention the very good tt return. A lot of ppl were hunting only 3 mobs on Arkadia, like Dave mentioned on the forum. I could finish my 1.2k ped round with my hl12 pea shooter in less then 2 hours on yuka/teladon because of very good spawn, low aggression and high HP combination. Even if they gave low skill/ped return, the ability to cycle so much ped so fast means avatars were getting a lot of skills in very short time which is also not good. It's very hard to do that on Calypso. As a result of this hunting spree the amount of ESI dropped from them was a bit too high for the community to assimilate.

Once they would have start to drop the big loots, more and more ppl would shift to them because 90% of EU community play the game chasing whatever easy mob is dropping the biggest loot not by having a strategy.

I don't see how all the above factors give a good "balance" for the long term economy of EU.

I know it sucks that you have to adapt, but that's part of EU and considering your investments you should be happy no sad :)

Back