Tier Increase Rates

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
I am curious to know how the algorithm for assigning Tier Increase Rates to items is set up. I have been purchasing and reselling items to the TT, and seen numbers ranging from 40 to 185.

1) Is this the entire range?

2) To what set of item does this range apply? Does it apply only to TT items? Or to low level UL items? Or to all UL items? Etc.

I have noticed some (L) items with single digit Tier Increase Rates, and others with four-digit Tier Increase Rates.

3) Does this only apply to (L) items? Does it also apply to UL items that have an (L) version (Hedoc SK-20, for example)?

I have also noticed that the TIRs do not seem to appear COMPLETELY randomly (or at least, equal weight is not given to all number). I have not seen an (L) item with single digit TIRs also have a random four-digit TIR splashed in, nor vice versa. I also don't think I have seen more than 110ish variance among TIRs in UL items either, even though the range is slightly larger (the range is at LEAST 145).

4) Does anyone know how the algorithm works? It kinda seems like a "middle ground" number is assigned to each item, and then some sort of standard deviation or something is applied to produce the ten TIRs. Any other ideas about how it might work?

UL items never go above 200
and
L items cant go above 4,000 (never seen above 3,700)

I have also noticed that the TIRs do not seem to appear COMPLETELY randomly (or at least, equal weight is not given to all number). I have not seen an (L) item with single digit TIRs also have a random four-digit TIR splashed in, nor vice versa. I also don't think I have seen more than 110ish variance among TIRs in UL items either, even though the range is slightly larger (the range is at LEAST 145).

I'm not sure if you can get over 200 in TIR on UL items (never saw one), so 110 pretty much covers all available variation. Looking at teh colonizer food guards(l) i have in my storage right now, you can have at least 5 times difference in the TIR rate on one item (1500s vs 300s, 503 vs 92) but we really already know that from items with single digit TIR and one over 100 at the same time.

I don't think theres a base as such.

UL items never go above 200
and
L items cant go above 4,000 (never seen above 3,700)

Have you seen an UL item with 200, or any number above 185?

Also, do you know where UL versions of items that are more commonly found in (L) form fit? UL Vivos, UL Breer guns, etc. Would they be bound by 200 or 4000?

I'm not sure if you can get over 200 in TIR on UL items (never saw one), so 110 pretty much covers all available variation.

In that case, 160 would cover all variation if 40 is indeed the lower bound. I would except to see a UL item with 40ish on one end and 180+ on the other end if all TIRs are given equal, random weight.

Looking at teh colonizer food guards(l) i have in my storage right now, you can have at least 5 times difference in the TIR rate on one item (1500s vs 300s, 503 vs 92) but we really already know that from items with single digit TIR and one over 100 at the same time.

I don't think theres a base as such.

Alright, maybe the numbers deviate from the base via some pattern other than +/-. Perhaps multiplication is used (which raises the question, are TIRs whole numbers, or does the system track more digits than it lets on, like the PED Card?), or perhaps there is not a base, but some other algorithm.

The only thing I know is that TIRs are not given equal, random weight for their assignment. Consider the fact that MANY items have only single/double-digit TIR values. If numbers are randomly assigned from X to 4000, why would there not be a quadruple-digit value present? There would be about a one-in-four chance of such a value per assignment. That means the odds of NOT having a quadruple-digit TIR value on our item would be about one-in-(.25^10). The actual TIR values on items do not reflect these odd, eh? :laugh:

I am curious to know how the algorithm for assigning Tier Increase Rates to items is set up. I have been purchasing and reselling items to the TT, and seen numbers ranging from 40 to 185.

1) Is this the entire range?

2) To what set of item does this range apply? Does it apply only to TT items? Or to low level UL items? Or to all UL items? Etc.

I have noticed some (L) items with single digit Tier Increase Rates, and others with four-digit Tier Increase Rates.

3) Does this only apply to (L) items? Does it also apply to UL items that have an (L) version (Hedoc SK-20, for example)?

4) Does anyone know how the algorithm works? It kinda seems like a "middle ground" number is assigned to each item, and then some sort of standard deviation or something is applied to produce the ten TIRs. Any other ideas about how it might work?

1) UL go from 38 to 186. Highest total tier that I've seen is an 1590 tt vivo.
2) Most likelly all
3) No, L go from single digit to over 3700 at least. UL with L is the same of UL without L

I agree that it doesn't look completly random

1) UL go from 38 to 186. Highest total tier that I've seen is an 1590 tt vivo.
2) Most likelly all
3) No, L go from single digit to over 3700 at least. UL with L is the same of UL without L

I agree that it doesn't look completly random

Thank you for the info, and by the way, how did you discover the 38-186 range?

Back