Info: Tier Rates... and how they increase tiering

danimal01

Elite
Society
AoE - Agents of Entropy
Daniel Danimal Diep
Okay so after grinding at aurli for awhile and burning through Svempa X1's I noticed something strange. I always thought that the higher the tier increase rates that the faster it would tier up the weapon to Tier X. This was not the case.. I was only able to record the last two that I used as this was when I noticed it. What I'm wanting to know is, is this consistent or just some weird fluke? Can somebody that is good with numbers help me figure this out? Here is the information below:

FULL TT Svempa X1 (L) 390Ped Max TT 11.70 Min TT
Tier 1 = 61
Tier 2 = 30

Tier 1 was reached on this weapon using 39.79 Ped TT (350.21Ped TT left on the weapon at this point)
Tier 1.8 was reached on this weapon using 338.51 Ped TT (11.70Ped TT left on weapon - no longer usable)

FULL TT Svempa X1 (L) 390Pex Max TT 11.70 Min TT
Tier 1 = 75
Tier 2 = 23

Tier 1 was reached on this weapon using 53.60 Ped TT (336.40Ped TT left on the weapon at this point)
Tier 1.8 was reached on this weapon using 324.80 Ped TT (11.70Ped TT left on weapon - no longer usable)

Note: The differences in tier increase rates to tier up the weapon to Tier X, the lesser tier increase rate gun tiered up to Tier 1 faster than the one with more increase rate..

Can somebody help me with this? It would be really nice to finally crack this code..eventually I would like to figure out how much TT would be needed to tier up weapons, tools etc.. to the next tier by just using some sort of formula to figure it out.

As I get more data I can post it up..

~Danimal

Interesting! Subscribing!

Higher TIR's in general mean faster tier increases. However, it is somewhat dynamic, like loot.

I have a bunch of data on tier rates of x1's. I have been logging it for a while and will post them tomorrow, if you would like.

Higher TIR's in general mean faster tier increases. However, it is somewhat dynamic, like loot.

Yes and this is what I thought for the LONGEST time .. now I'm not too sure. :eyecrazy: I'm going to have to collect more data on this and have someone that knows numbers help me as I don't know them too well... Like that >>11^6 square roots and carots and decimals ahhh... so confusing :(

I have a bunch of data on tier rates of x1's. I have been logging it for a while and will post them tomorrow, if you would like.

Yes please.. I would be interested in cracking this tier rate increase and tiers on weapons. All weapons in general not just X1's. This is where I'm starting at though..

~Danimal

Dynamic :silly2:

Tested with tier 1/2 with exact the same tier rates and totally different results.

It's weighted randomness, like 61/1000 chance per use to get a 0.1 tick or a 75/1000 chance per use to get a 0.1 tick (the denominator is a random number, and not to be taken for fact). You could get 10 ticks in a row if you're lucky on the 61 TIR, and never get a tick before it breaks with the 75 TIR. But over enough weapons and shots, the 75 TIR weapon would tier up faster on average.

Probability ... too short

edit: ah hijacker was faster and more detailed, so nvm

It's weighted randomness, like 61/1000 chance per use to get a 0.1 tick or a 75/1000 chance per use to get a 0.1 tick (the denominator is a random number, and not to be taken for fact). You could get 10 ticks in a row if you're lucky on the 61 TIR, and never get a tick before it breaks with the 75 TIR. But over enough weapons and shots, the 75 TIR weapon would tier up faster on average.

So there it's no formula then? Surley there has to be... You just cant compute something like that:
(int)rnd*tier=next tier? Then where would the tier increase rates help out in this? Just some sort of boosting integer to get it to next tier? Maybe number of shots as well? This is all too confusing...

~Danimal

Of course there is a formula! But for G#%$^s sake we need more Data, give us more Data!:wise:

You must know how it works withs statistical systems, the more Data are known, the more certain the answer (or proof of hypothsis) becomes...but we can only be really sure if we have an infinite amount of data to prove it...:scratch2:

Try throwing dice a hundred times...if one of the numbers turns out to come face up 30 times, does that mean the dice are flawed?

I am not sure if everything with the tiering process is random or not, that is why I wrote the program in hopes that someone would be able to do something with the data collected.

This looks rather promising!

What you'd want to do now, is try and incorporate all the data over different tests (different guns) in one big table, so that many different things can be plotted and compared.

My guess at this time is that from one integer TIER number to the next, all increases are as (un)likely...meaning that as soon as the sample size is big enough, we will see patterns appearing: for instance the average number of uses between TIER increases is related to the square root of the TIR (just saying something here, no reason to believe this is actually the case).

I think (we can debate of course), that numbers such as the in OP are too course: rather than knowing "it took X peds from TIER 1 to TIER 2", we should be looking at "it took Y uses to go from TIER 1.1 to TIER 1.2".
This is based on the guess I stated above, it will of course not hurt to also keep track of other data, for instance the things that are listed in the s/sheets.

As always, happy to discuss!

This looks very promising! Im going to have to do more runs now and continue tracking this. I guess more data is needed than just what I provided, since all I had were TT values. I was thinking it was x uses times tt = tier at first but im not too certain at this point. Hopefully we can solve this mystery. :)

~Danimal

Back