Question: Tiering up the Kat. Det

KiriMistPrinces

Prowler
Society
Natural Born Killers
Kiri Kiri Hime
Hey guys just had a quick question.

I was interested in tiering up my Kat. Det but was wondering what mob would be good to minimize as much loss as possible?

Not sure what mobs HP wise are good for hunting with the Kat. Det.

Thanks for the help.

ps...I feel like such a noob again :laugh:

Hmm so no one with any advice on what to hunt using the Katsuichi Determination? :scratch2:

I've used a Kat Det for a long time, and its level is about Longu Provider/Guardian, Armax Guardian or Argo Hunter.

But if you want to minimise losses, don't tier it up, and don't use Enhancers.

I'd add to the list Nexnecis, Molisk, Bristlehogs and Atrax.

Hurrikane

I've used a Kat Det for a long time, and its level is about Longu Provider/Guardian, Armax Guardian or Argo Hunter.

But if you want to minimise losses, don't tier it up, and don't use Enhancers.

I do plan on tiering it up to Tier 10, but not to add enhancers to it to use while hunting.

Hmmmm,

you're looking for a mob that would make it possible to up the tier number of your Determination without bleeding all too much PEDs?

Puh. You have maxed it? Or what HA do you have on it?

Might be a cruel task. When (most rarely) using one of mines I'm running for the Repair Terminal quite fast, so maybe something where you're near of one?

Green dots in PvP 4 maybe? ;-)))

Have fun!

PS: Seriously: I wouldn't even try. It makes no sense, much too expensive IMHO.

On the other hand, a Det filled up with Weapon Skill Modification Enhancers - might be funny to have one. But most expensive!
Would I have the PEDs to do it, I'd go to there, loads of juicy nice big Atrax, and a TP right in the middle.

Hmmmm,

you're looking for a mob that would make it possible to up the tier number of your Determination without bleeding all too much PEDs?

Puh. You have maxed it? Or what HA do you have on it?

Might be a cruel task. When (most rarely) using one of mines I'm running for the Repair Terminal quite fast, so maybe something where you're near of one?

Green dots in PvP 4 maybe? ;-)))

Have fun!

PS: Seriously: I wouldn't even try. It makes no sense, much too expensive IMHO.

On the other hand, a Det filled up with Weapon Skill Modification Enhancers - might be funny to have one. But most expensive!
Would I have the PEDs to do it, I'd go to there, loads of juicy nice big Atrax, and a TP right in the middle.

Have I maxed it? I wish I was that skilled :laugh:

Well I know in the long run it's going to bleed ped, I'm just trying to find a way to not have it bleed too fast. ;)

It doesn't really matter what you hunt. But if you want to hunt the most in the least amount of time like that, use it on baby trox W/NW ithaca. No fapping, very low armor decay (can use an (L) armor unplated for example - i get ~20ped armor decay an hour).

If you want some variety, you can try it on small argo, or on drone/miner bot (depending on your skills/armor)

good luck.

Hi,

Have I maxed it? I wish I was that skilled :laugh:
So do I. My HA on Det is 3.3/10.0 now. But - I have digged out some old rusted 2x0 axes recently, and found that they'd perform not this bad at all. With said HA.

This would make the idea of upping a Determination (or maybe better one of my Honors?) quite interesting. Adding a Weapon Accuracy Enhancer on a TT sword enhances its critical hit ability from 10/10 to 12/12 - would a Honor or Det go from 3.3/10 to 5.3/12 in hit ability, with Skill Modification Enhancers? And what would it mean in terms of eco?
What if Tier 2 slot would be populated? 7.3/14?

I'm very tempted now to find out more. Thank you for the idea!

Have fun!

Hi,

new infos:

Just used one of my Det's to kill two Berycled Old Alphas sieging a claim of mine. Decay: 3.75 PED. Arrgghh!

Dunno if I'd had done better using my Justy Mk.II/ A103/ Scope & Laser or my EP-40/ A104/ Scope & Laser, or even with the Embra, FAPping a little?

This decay is insane, and there's close to no chance to get it back ...
This will be a costly project. I might prefer to try it with a Honor.

Have fun!

Hi,

So do I. My HA on Det is 3.3/10.0 now. But - I have digged out some old rusted 2x0 axes recently, and found that they'd perform not this bad at all. With said HA.

This would make the idea of upping a Determination (or maybe better one of my Honors?) quite interesting. Adding a Weapon Accuracy Enhancer on a TT sword enhances its critical hit ability from 10/10 to 12/12 - would a Honor or Det go from 3.3/10 to 5.3/12 in hit ability, with Skill Modification Enhancers? And what would it mean in terms of eco?
What if Tier 2 slot would be populated? 7.3/14?

I'm very tempted now to find out more. Thank you for the idea!

Have fun!

No Prob! :yay:
I was more interested in turning it into a PVP weapon...tier 10 with DMG enhancers :evilking:

I have read that getting a full TT L weapon and tiering it to 8 or so can make a fearsome weapon. There is a thread about doing it with an Apis.
So logically it follows that doing the same with an L blade might be the way to go, but it will take analysis from someone smarter than me.
I will just keep swinging my old untiered Kat when I'm in the mood for chopping stuff up.

<--Party like its 1999!

Kiri...I was working on tiering a Kat Determination and gave up due to the high costs of decay.

I tiered mine from tier 0.2 to tier 1.6 and it cost me over 1400 ped in decay (hunted ambulimax's and the occasional SWUNT team.) Also, the sword had a TIR 1 of 120ish, and TIR 2 of 140ish

I then sold it....

1 word "Argos" work for me with my honor sword.returns are even decent but take a finnisher like tt combat blade

hi kiri u have seen me at neas ,, everytime im there im naked on ambu with kat det ,, i have tiered it to 2.9 so far np at all and in no time at all .. cost i dont care about ,, but i am to noob to tier to 3 and keep goin ,, atm im using it on 4 or 5 of the iron challange mobs and workin v well with enhancers ... if i was a higher tiere upgrader this wepon would be tier 4 to 5 , once u unlock tier 1 even this makes a diff on the regen and helps alot ,, all this is up to u just sayin what ive found ,, gl :}

Just used one of my Det's to kill two Berycled Old Alphas sieging a claim of mine. Decay: 3.75 PED. Arrgghh!

Dunno if I'd had done better using my Justy Mk.II/ A103/ Scope & Laser or my EP-40/ A104/ Scope & Laser, or even with the Embra, FAPping a little?

Well, let's find out. :) (stats from Entropedia.)

Berry old alpha health = 450

Using Katsuichi Determination w/ my crap melee skills gives effective dmg of 39.0 per hit. Higher skills gives A-3 Justifier Mk.II+A103 a dmg of 32.87 (The effective dmg stat already takes expected misses into account, so for simplicity I'll assume all hits)

So 450/39=12 hits (rounded up) x 0.169 ped = 2.028 with the sword. (killing two = 4.056 in theory so yeah, close to your mentioned cost.)

The Justi costs 450/32.87=14 hits or 1.82924 in decay and ammo.

For the record EP-40 is 450/33.03 = 14 shots or 1.81846 decay+ammo.

So the Justi costs ~20 pec less, but is slower, letting you get hit a bit more (assuming you didn't shoot until they attacked you, negating the rifles distance feature). The handgun is slightly less cost and faster than either.

However, this also factors in I'm lvl 50 pistol/rifle but only lvl 25 swordsman. So a melee hunter would have even better results w/ the blade. Plus I discounted the scopes/lasers as their minor decay changes nothing except makes the blade that much more of a contender.

So no, you aren't losing that much using the blade.

the common issue of the high decay is mitigated by the fact that folks forget to include ammo cost as part of shooting decay as well.

As for tiering it up, I really don't think the mob choice matters. Tiering isn't a factor of skills and kill bonuses, it's a factor of use.

So go hunt. A lot.

Happy hoffing.

FYI tiering it up will take alot of time. Also the tier number seems to matter very little when it comes to UL non-sib weapons. Tier increase comes randomly also.

As Example it took me approx 5-6 repairs of Determination to go from tier 0.0-0.9. And now after approx 40 repairs its at tier 1.8. So tier increase will dramatically decrease the higher u go. I guess reaching tier 5 will take over 1000 repairs :)

GL, as for what to hunt I can recommend drones, they r easy and gives nice dodge and also occasionally drops 8k+ loot I heard.

Back