To auto-click, or not to auto-click...

Status
i can understand people using attended autoclicking for some reasons...
specially ppl like SKAM who have real health problems..

but i would prefer MA to implement stuff like raeky said ...like an 'make all' button for crafting (like in WoW) or an auto-command for fapping/scanning(limited to 10 minutes)...

otherwise i dont like it at all... i click very much ingame and hell i never had a carpal tunnel syndrome or anything...

i pay for the clicks and why should i let my computer click then?!?

Auto click or not to auto click that's the question

I think when you don't want to end up as a really BAD ASS RSI case you need some rest between all the clicking.

That's where a auto clicker come in handy just for a couple of minutes rest (FAP) and go off again blast everything to hell........................

Greetz & Cheers all

:cowboy:

Spider said:
I personally have used an auto-clicker in the past, mostly skilling fap of course. The thing about auto-clickers is that;
  • Auto-clickers work faster than your finger does.
  • Fap auto-clickers can spend up to 180 ped on decay, which IMO is more than most ppl spend on decay hunting.
  • Auto-clickers optimize skilling fists(I know I can't keep up with the rechange rate of an aggressio on a consistant basis.

So if MA only makes money on decay, see second bullet. I doubt they will stop ppl from auto-clicking for this reason.

On the other hand there are ways that MA can stop ppl from using macro programs, most of which are check functions they can implement while you are at the log in screen. I know there are other games out that use hack check software to look for hack programs while loading. If MA wanted to its not that hard, yet they haven't done it yet, hmmm. You think they are gonna start now?

Thats my 2 cents worth, you can keep the soapbox!

Pretty much spot on...

My thoughts, Unattended overnight auto-clicking FAP is the only 'serious' way to do it!

I have 'auto-clicked' (not in the legal MA can ban me sense ;) ) the following

1. ADJ FAP overnight in pixie - we are talking 230ped decay here over 7 hours! i KNOW i cannot sit there and click for that long! :silly2:

2. A Great Lyst and A Great Oil - if anyone has had either of these, you are braver(madder?) than me if you sat there and drilled/extracted it all manually!

3. Crusho/agression - each fist lasts 10-15mins(?) so if you want to sit there and work through 20 fists In one session as part of your daily skilling OMFG that is SO MANY CLICKS!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck to all NON-Clickers! :girl:

Kalashi-
You are certainly not alone in doing this. I know more than a few peeps who auto-click overnight.

My main concern is getting banned in the future, so I don't do it for this reason alone. I do think that currently the system is unfair. Many ppl would gladly put the money in to auto-click skills but do not care to risk everything to do so... others will risk it and that is certainly their choice. ;)

I think MA must have some kind of ingame clicker for extracting, crafting, etc. Perhaps even a clicker for skilling while hunting but with a short time limit on it (say every 10 minutes you have to start it up again). This way every1 would be in the same boat. As it stands presently, it's really not fair imo to players that feel like ac's are unethical that they should lose out on quicker skills.... :wise:

My :twocents:

I dont like auto clickers, but I can understand some ppl using them... sure it is boring to do the same thing for over a few hours, zzz (wish I had a robot to do some of my IRL boring work) zzz :bs:

steuk said:
I dont like auto clickers, but I can understand some ppl using them... sure it is boring to do the same thing for over a few hours, zzz (wish I had a robot to do some of my IRL boring work) zzz :bs:

I use autoclickers/macros irl employment also ;)

but yeah...i for one welcome our new robot overlords...where are you robo!

Kalashi said:
Pretty much spot on...

My thoughts, Unattended overnight auto-clicking FAP is the only 'serious' way to do it!

I have 'auto-clicked' (not in the legal MA can ban me sense ;) ) the following

1. ADJ FAP overnight in pixie - we are talking 230ped decay here over 7 hours! i KNOW i cannot sit there and click for that long! :silly2:

2. A Great Lyst and A Great Oil - if anyone has had either of these, you are braver(madder?) than me if you sat there and drilled/extracted it all manually!

3. Crusho/agression - each fist lasts 10-15mins(?) so if you want to sit there and work through 20 fists In one session as part of your daily skilling OMFG that is SO MANY CLICKS!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck to all NON-Clickers! :girl:

Wrong.

Nobody is forcing you to train for 7 hours, or to extract a big claim in one long session - why exactly is it do you think, that MA put a longer time span on larger claims?

If you can only stand clicking your mouse for 20 mins, then that is all you should do. Is you are so obsessed with skilling that you just MUST train for hour after hour, then sit there and do the work!

People who use autoclickers are cheating the spirit of the game in just the same way as people who use steroids to accelerate their athletic performance. Train right, or dont bother. Simple.

Trying to justify it by saying "oh it hurts my hand if I click for 3 hours", and "but it's so boring to click..." is so lame it's incredible.

From the phrasing of your post i can see you feel very strongly against auto-clicking.

Dirk said:
Wrong.

Nobody is forcing you to train for 7 hours, or to extract a big claim in one long session - why exactly is it do you think, that MA put a longer time span on larger claims?

I believe MA put longer claim times on larger deposits for precisely that reason, they are worth more. you may not have enough tt on your extractor etc to dig it up.

Or you may need more time to extract some and carry it back so not laden down with too much.

Or if in PvP so not all is looted from you in one go etc

wether you autoclick or not it will still take the same time....

merely saves your fingers, eyes and patience!

If you can only stand clicking your mouse for 20 mins, then that is all you should do. Is you are so obsessed with skilling that you just MUST train for hour after hour, then sit there and do the work!

Im not 'obsessed' with skilling, but to get to a point, sorry no....let me rephrase..

To play 'catch-up' with everyone who had the luck of coming across PE 1 year, 2 years or more before me would take an AGE and im sorry but i refuse to do it! furthermore it simply is NOT POSSIBLE!

I hunt for 3 hours minimum each day, mine for another 1 hour and spend X hours trading, chatting, working with decsiples etc etc

So i put A LOT into PE a lot more than most no matter what you argue.

Not only in decay which JUST my overnight skilling fap each and every night is NOT INCLUDING the other activities is 240+ ped WAY more than a large % of 'players'

People who use autoclickers are cheating the spirit of the game in just the same way as people who use steroids to accelerate their athletic performance. Train right, or dont bother. Simple.

Ridiculous comparison imo...and remember "winners dont take drugs!" ;)

Trying to justify it by saying "oh it hurts my hand if I click for 3 hours", and "but it's so boring to click..." is so lame it's incredible.

i cant any 'lameness' in either of these.

I assume you have never found a MASSIVE oil, Lyst etc blah blah

Or worked through 20+ PF when everyone else is AFK...

Anyways, thanks for your thoughts, hit me back! lets discuss this some more :)

Dirk said:
Wrong.

I have no idea what your reffering to...
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it :wise:

Kalashi.

I see nothing rude in my post, sorry if I offended you though.

You seem to think that comparing clicking to setroids is "rediculous"? hmm ok. you click to skill up without having to put large amounts of time and effort into it. People take steroids to improve their performance without the time and effort taken by those who dont take them. I fail to see how you cannot see the link.

But let's drop all that for now and look at it this way...

You claim that you need to autoclick to catch up with other players, yet, by autoclicking, you are increasing the distance between you and those who choose not to autoclick, thereby defeating your own logic.

I get the impression that you feel you are owed something, that you deserve to have these high skills that you dont have the time to gain. Well, news flash, PE owes you nothing - if you want skills, then gain them. If you want to gain skills while away from your computer then gain them in real life. AFK skilling belongs in 'other games'.

I agree Dirk. Very well said.

DD
:evilking:

I see nothing rude in my post, sorry if I offended you though.
erm...nope didnt see anything rude either..no offence taken either? lol

not sure where you got that from? simply said you seem to feel strongly bout it?

You seem to think that comparing clicking to setroids is "rediculous"? hmm ok. you click to skill up without having to put large amounts of time and effort into it. People take steroids to improve their performance without the time and effort taken by those who dont take them. I fail to see how you cannot see the link.

it is ridiculous...you are saying that i dont put the time/effort in. i put in more effort etc than i would say 80%+ of other 'players'

i spend 5+ hours a day hunting, mining etc etc

But when i physically have to sleep, the only way to continue skilling is to leave it to its own devices...

You claim that you need to autoclick to catch up with other players, yet, by autoclicking, you are increasing the distance between you and those who choose not to autoclick, thereby defeating your own logic.

yes i do need to auto...

yes i am increasing the distance between myself and other lowerskilled who choose not too...

how does it defeat my own logic? i choose to do this to 'catch-up' they do not...doesnt go against my logic?

my logic is for ME to gain skills faster i need to do this...

I get the impression that you feel you are owed something, that you deserve to have these high skills that you dont have the time to gain. Well, news flash, PE owes you nothing - if you want skills, then gain them. If you want to gain skills while away from your computer then gain them in real life. AFK skilling belongs in 'other games'.

I dont feel like im 'owed' anything.

why would i 'deserve' them?

i do gain my skills...ive worked extremely hard and will continue to do so.

hmm personal attacks...? gaining skills in real life? whats that all about? :tongue2:

AFK skills belong in other games?

NEWSFLASH for you L O L afk skilling belongs in PE as far as i know it has for a LONG time and i dont see it going away any time soon! ;)

Kalashi said:
NEWSFLASH for you L O L afk skilling belongs in PE as far as i know it has for a LONG time and i dont see it going away any time soon! ;)

It does not belong as MA has said it is against the rules and it will go away when ppl start getting banned for it...

DD

Devil Doll said:
It does not belong as MA has said it is against the rules and it will go away when ppl start getting banned for it...

DD

we have an official statement from an MA rep. that using software clicker or macro tool is NOT ALLOWED within PE?

Kalashi said:
we have an official statement from an MA rep. that using software clicker or macro tool is NOT ALLOWED within PE?

if you read on page two, this is what support answered me:

2004-12-22 MindArk Support: Auto clicking software is not endorsed by MA and if anyone is found violating the Conditions of Use, actions will of course be taken. /Regards

Kalashi said:

Quoted from an EP Post by Marco|MindArk:

I just want to point out that using any software that interferes/interacts with PE is a violation of the rules of participation and may render you a permanent lockout of PE, forfeiting your avatar(s) and equipment.

Back to DD Speaking:
Don't play dumb, you know it is in the EULA and everyone has talked about this subject extensively. MA prohibits any third party software while playing PE.

Still care to take such an open stance on your abuses??

DD

Last edited:
Devil Doll said:
Quoted from an EP Post by Marco|MindArk:

I just want to point out that using any software that interferes/interacts with PE is a violation of the rules of participation and may render you a permanent lockout of PE, forfeiting your avatar(s) and equipment.

Back to DD Speaking:
Don't play dumb, you know it is in the EULA and everyone has talked about this subject extensively. MA prohibits any third party software while playing PE.

Still care to take such an open stance on your abuses??

DD

Im not playing dumb...

i asked a simple question! ;)

and Skam answered it politely as always.

i have filed a support and had no response as of yet.

DD if you read the EULA it is open to interpretation.

and MAs comments as you both quoted do not either.

Auto clicking software is not endorsed by MA

we did not ask if it is 'endorsed', and we KNOW its not...

and if anyone is found to breach the terms and conditions

i.e again, MA stating if you breach the EULA

i still have not seen a definitive answer...

hundreds of ppl use autoclickers to skill afk...again just becuase many do doesnt mean its right/fair etc etc

im not saying it is right merely that i 'MAY' have chosen to do so...

as i say im still waiting on support response :)

I must say you are being thicker than a brick wall. I think it is pretty dang clean when they say ANY PROGRAM THAT INTERACTS OR INTEREFERES WITH PE IS PROHIBITED.

Good luck on your vindication tho!!

DD

Last edited:
My support case as filed.

i NEED a definative answer

i have heard many talking of skill overnight with fap whilst afk using an 'auto-clicker'

NOT a macro or any 'cheat' nothing that affects PE software, system or servers.

merely a client side piece of software that solely 'clicks' the mouse every 2 seconds to activate the fap so you can skill SFK

based on my interprations of the EULA this ddoes NOT breach the terms of use.

can you please state categorically whether or not if i use such software i run a risk of a ban?

i do not want the half answers many including your communitry rep. Marco have given in the past.

i want a definative YES or NO on whether a software 'clicker' is allowed and whether i can leave it unattended to skill fap for me.

if this question is not answered you widen the gap even further between yourselves and the commmunity and this is NOT acceptable.

This merely creates an unanswered stance from yourselves and allows the so called by some 'abuse' that many people are doing daily.

please advise asap.

i await your repsonse

many thanks

I *REALLY* don't see the problem here.

Just use an Auto-Clicker with a random click in it. :rolleyes: this eliminates "MA" from detecting repetitive inputs in the game.

As for MA suddenly turning up beside you and speaking to you to test if you are auto clicking or not.... sorry, but I ignore most ppl when I'm skilling anyway. Nothing ignorant by it... just that I dont wanna die while some n00b asks me for some PEDs :laugh: as for PMs.. I answer those when I get around to it.. again, see my note on "I'm skillin' man!!! Talk later huh"?? :tongue2:

And uhmm... MA scanning my PC?? Don't think so, I'd have them hauled into the courts so fast they'd be lucky to say "oops" in time. *NOONE* scans my PC! PC = *personal* computer. Besides, I'd like to know how this is possible? And I'm not looking for an answer like "because MA are Gods"!!! or anything guys, I'm looking for the technicalities of it, also the legalities.

I feel sorry for Skam, the reply from MA she received was nothing short of cold hearted. People with disabilities should *not* be forced to sit back in the corner whilst others go have fun with their friends. Maybe this is something Skam and others with difficulties should pursue. Looks like discrimination to me. :wise:

BUT anyway, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, as it's something I dont bother to use... auto-clicking seems boring to me... besides I like jumping around mobs like a loon... provides entertainment for the bored passer-bys :tongue2:

Devil Doll said:
I must say you are being thicker than a brick wall. I think it is pretty dang clean when they say ANY PROGRAM THAT INTERACTS OR INTEREFERES WITH PE IS PROHIBITED.

Good luck on your vindication tho!!

DD

your choice of words/phrasing in your responses highlights that you clearly are not possible to discuss matters with, but i will once again try.

if you understand any area of ICT which you may or may not.

then you will know that Firewalls, AV among many other 'programs' including most if not all OS themselves both interefere/interact with PE by default.

as i have stated above, this is not Clear nor is it a definative answer from MA who know exactly what we are discussing and obviously who are using 'auto clickers'

my support case is listed here.

hopefully a response will come.

Frankly, this thread amazes me :eek: (see?)

Lots of things that I cant be bothered to trawl through to quote them, but heres a few in no particular order...

Memory scanning..... Hmmmm so I log into my online banking after having alt-tabbed away from PE to check if my account has enough to deposit a bit more - cool! PE now knows my login and password to my bank details!

Auto-clickers being detectable - Well, a random routine is one of the simplest things to write even for a n00b programmer, as is the occasional bit of movement

VoIP software breaching the EULA??? Erm.... How does VoIP software (such as TeamSpeak/SkyPE) interface with PE?? Oh yeah hang on - they share the tcp/ip connection. DAMN I better cancel my email accounts - and delete all my other internet software - and IE - cos they use it too :confused:

Attended auto-clicking - my thoughts - go for it! Skam has a valid reason. I did too recently - pulled my back/neck/shoulder out and could barely click the mouse at all, but I oculd wiggle it from left to right to enable me to steer - it's possible if I had the programming knowledge ;) that I could have easily written my own autoclicker to assist me until my predicament had resolved itself - and *if* I'd have done so, it would not have interfaced with PE in any way - it would've simply inserted mouse click events into the input stream of the OS - there ya go - nice and safe (oh no it's not - see previous comment)

Oh yeah - auto-clicking for fapping/skilling etc - everything costs - whether its fap decay, armor decay, or cost of ammunition - all money in MA's pocket (at a faster rate than non-ACers)

The COU and EULA is as clear as mud, and wouldn't hold water in any country in the world - but there's a different issue - MA state that they can lock you at whim with or without a reason - so don't even bother to argue the vagueness of it. Everything you put into PE belongs to MA. Period.

I'm not anti-MA - on the contrary, they've written (bought from Gamebryo?) a totally amazing game, but their support sucks donkey. Skam, maybe it's just because they didnt understand what you were asking? After all, English is not their first language - maybe send it again after getting it translated and see if you get a better response?

There are many ways to play RPG's - that is in fact how most are advertised - pick the method you wish to use - pick your class, race, level of difficulty etc - just that in PE, playing the game for high amounts of time, and spending LOTS of money on it (awwww MA *hates* that!) and getting your PC to help you to give MA that cash in the fastest way that PE could possibly do it - nothing wrong with that in my book

Attended AC'ers - click on!

FireW0lf said:
Frankly, this thread amazes me :eek: (see?)

Lots of things that I cant be bothered to trawl through to quote them, but heres a few in no particular order...

Memory scanning..... Hmmmm so I log into my online banking after having alt-tabbed away from PE to check if my account has enough to deposit a bit more - cool! PE now knows my login and password to my bank details!

Auto-clickers being detectable - Well, a random routine is one of the simplest things to write even for a n00b programmer, as is the occasional bit of movement

VoIP software breaching the EULA??? Erm.... How does VoIP software (such as TeamSpeak/SkyPE) interface with PE?? Oh yeah hang on - they share the tcp/ip connection. DAMN I better cancel my email accounts - and delete all my other internet software - and IE - cos they use it too :confused:

Attended auto-clicking - my thoughts - go for it! Skam has a valid reason. I did too recently - pulled my back/neck/shoulder out and could barely click the mouse at all, but I oculd wiggle it from left to right to enable me to steer - it's possible if I had the programming knowledge ;) that I could have easily written my own autoclicker to assist me until my predicament had resolved itself - and *if* I'd have done so, it would not have interfaced with PE in any way - it would've simply inserted mouse click events into the input stream of the OS - there ya go - nice and safe (oh no it's not - see previous comment)

Oh yeah - auto-clicking for fapping/skilling etc - everything costs - whether its fap decay, armor decay, or cost of ammunition - all money in MA's pocket (at a faster rate than non-ACers)

The COU and EULA is as clear as mud, and wouldn't hold water in any country in the world - but there's a different issue - MA state that they can lock you at whim with or without a reason - so don't even bother to argue the vagueness of it. Everything you put into PE belongs to MA. Period.

I'm not anti-MA - on the contrary, they've written (bought from Gamebryo?) a totally amazing game, but their support sucks donkey. Skam, maybe it's just because they didnt understand what you were asking? After all, English is not their first language - maybe send it again after getting it translated and see if you get a better response?

There are many ways to play RPG's - that is in fact how most are advertised - pick the method you wish to use - pick your class, race, level of difficulty etc - just that in PE, playing the game for high amounts of time, and spending LOTS of money on it (awwww MA *hates* that!) and getting your PC to help you to give MA that cash in the fastest way that PE could possibly do it - nothing wrong with that in my book

Attended AC'ers - click on!
Rock on m8 ;)

added rep, thanks for bringing sanity to the forum...

here is another ones:
http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18770&start=0
http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4915&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5739&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
marco:'I just want to point out that using any software that interferes/interacts with PE is a violation of the rules of participation and may render you a permanent lockout of PE, forfeiting your avatar(s) and equipment.'

normally even screenshotprograms arent allowed...
but hell if you dont believe it run a speedup programm and see if MA cant check routines...

but well its everyones own decision..

im sure MA doesnt want PE to be another ragnarok desaster...

also there is a statement on perc: http://www.perc.info page 43

for those that dont know..
there have been problems with miners using autoclickers
simply overload of characters..ask faustian about it..
be very cautious when mining with an AC.. i heard of a case that
even support could not repair
an avatar due to that matter..

Last edited:
Kalashi said:
Rock on m8 ;)

added rep, thanks for bringing sanity to the forum...

Kalashi, notice he is endorsing attended ACers.

DD

ZarathustrA said:
he was saying that maniac kills the mobs because he assumes people are AFK skilling. :rolleyes:

Aaaah... guys? Communication? I ask them. duh. :rolleyes:

Act 1. Scene 1.

Skilling man, maniac.

maniac: Hello.
Skilling man:
maniac: Hello!
Skilling man:
maniac: Hello? Good day! Lootius Bless?
Skilling man:
maniac: Nice day. Are you afk btw? Nice caudas you got here...
Skilling man:
maniac: *click - clank - bzhhhh...* loads his gun
Skilling man:
maniac: *Boom, boom, boom* *loot* *w00t w00t!*

Well if he is typing spaces then he must be their, duh! :laugh:

Just kidding of course. :dunce: Glad you ask though - Some might not like your actions but they are your own choice, and as Raeky said.. no one owns the mobs. :)

I dont think I have anything further to add to this thread, which is degenerating into a mess I think.

I see Kalashi commending people who agree with him, which is fine, but the purpose of intelectual debate is to put forward your case for what you believe, and then listen and rebuke the opposing opinion with facts. Yet it seems that Kalashi dont want to listen to the facts because they interfere with his interpretation of the truth.

I'd like to make a short comment to UltimateBabe about 'scanning your computer' dont worry about it if you have nothing to hide. It's possible and permitted for MA to confirm the valid and correct operation of their software, they can confirm that their software is working ok, this has a side affect of "noticing" some hacking software, but normally not clickers. I dont wish to enter into a discussion of the technical methods involved.

I'll continue to read this thread, but I dont think I'll bother to post in it anymore, good luck to all those who persist in following the EULA to the letter, rather than to the spirit of it. :wave:

maniac said:
Aaaah... guys? Communication? I ask them. duh. :rolleyes:

Act 1. Scene 1.

Skilling man, maniac.

maniac: Hello.
Skilling man:
maniac: Hello!
Skilling man:
maniac: Hello? Good day! Lootius Bless?
Skilling man:
maniac: Nice day. Are you afk btw? Nice caudas you got here...
Skilling man:
maniac: *click - clank - bzhhhh...* loads his gun
Skilling man:
maniac: *Boom, boom, boom* *loot* *w00t w00t!*

what if they are in soc chat and doesnt hear you? ;)

allso what if they dont wanna talk to n00bs? (dont mean you but other ppl)

I mean there is NO way to tell if they are afk or not.

Dirk said:
I dont think I have anything further to add to this thread, which is degenerating into a mess I think.

I see Kalashi commending people who agree with him, which is fine, but the purpose of intelectual debate is to put forward your case for what you believe, and then listen and rebuke the opposing opinion with facts. Yet it seems that Kalashi dont want to listen to the facts because they interfere with his interpretation of the truth.

I'd like to make a short comment to UltimateBabe about 'scanning your computer' dont worry about it if you have nothing to hide. It's possible and permitted for MA to confirm the valid and correct operation of their software, they can confirm that their software is working ok, this has a side affect of "noticing" some hacking software, but normally not clickers. I dont wish to enter into a discussion of the technical methods involved.

I'll continue to read this thread, but I dont think I'll bother to post in it anymore, good luck to all those who persist in following the EULA to the letter, rather than to the spirit of it. :wave:

Im more than happy to discuss and have continued to do so. You are on the other handing stating over and over that 'you wont continue' blah blah

I have continuely stated this is imo only.

And yes once again, just becasue you say something doesnt make it 'fact' perhaps you should re-read your Posts and take some of your own medicine?

You continuosly talk of the 'spirit' of the EULA, im not particuarly religous person, therefore im not sure where you are coming from with this?

The EULA is a written statement of participation, and you can and only can take based on 'to the letter' as you put it.

Status
Back