To exterminate Caperons or not ?

Status
Only one dna should not be a problem for miners. There aren't many, they are fairly low agro, and I can even outrun them and/or make it to the turret.

And why would you consider exterminating Caperon while you've left Allo in dome 15?

I know who is complaining, it is the noobs that refuse to wear armor in other domes, then get mad at you if some mob that is following you peels off to them and kills them. [insert old non-stupid rolleyes emoticon here]

They put Umbranoid to genozid without listening to tons of people in favor of them.

If it is good for your business extinct them.

You will never know when they decide if they put use to Caperons or not. I mean, maybe they are waiting for them to be extinct to do something, but hell, how can you tell?

If your are sure in your businessplan that the extinction of Caperons will increase your revenue from the Dome in question, do it.

Apart that, what JC mentioned about the trade looks like a solution as well.

In the end we will be chasing Atrox or huge hp mobs anyway. We have tons of mobs, but how many are actually worth hunting? 5%? Anyone did a run down on that?

Hmmm there ya go...trade 6 for 12 then exterminate those damn neconu. :D

Exactly ... and with the narc in that dome i would not mind to pay 5.5% tax ;-)

DON`T do it !

not much needed to be said... do away with them... you do away with some items MA may loot in future

It seems that some people replying didnt clearly read all my post but it doesnt matter.
All input is welcome.

I think if there is an event or reason to come up to CND then these creatures will get hunted. Last time I went up to CND I hated it... I am mostly a hunter and I do a little bit of mining. When I went up there last there was like 4 creatures in each dome and all low maturity... Back when the creatures had a high spawn density and maturity I was up there mining and hunting every day... now unless some domes bring back some hunting I have no reason to travel to CND.

I think it would be terrible to get rid of the last Caperon spawn. It was stupid of MA to create this situation in the first place. No player should be able to control the entire existence of a mob.

I used to hunt these once in a while on Calypso and on CND as well. I no longer go to CND for several reasons (i.e. tax, travel cost, mob selection, etc)

MA should replace the Calypso spawn and then I think it would be fine to kill off the CND spawn.

and looting the parts to make the DNA is probably too hard now days :/ hmm tough call if i decided for a long cnd run sometime i would definitly try them

I think if there is an event or reason to come up to CND then these creatures will get hunted. Last time I went up to CND I hated it... I am mostly a hunter and I do a little bit of mining. When I went up there last there was like 4 creatures in each dome and all low maturity... Back when the creatures had a high spawn density and maturity I was up there mining and hunting every day... now unless some domes bring back some hunting I have no reason to travel to CND.

Sadly, this doesnt represent majority of people going up there, actually its probably 1% of people :/
So this will never be a hunting ground really, i think Minken has a hunting dome that is ok, but i see now some new name of dome user on dome4 btw that has put 10% on both hunting and mining.
Great move, whoever is Andy Skureben Telg, if its not Minken and that he got ride of it whoever it really is hiding under a new name.

I am strongly against destroying a unique mob - that would be ecological vandalism :wise:

That's what I used to think. However as more and more LA owners destroy DNA the more likely it is FPC&MA will place a DNA recycling system in place. Which would be good for the economy and LA owners. Times change as we adapt the system must adapt with us...

They put Umbranoid to genozid without listening to tons of people in favor of them.

Exactly. If you want them dead then dead they should be. Why should your business suffer due to other peoples romantic notions of how things should be?

MA/FPC have given you a system that only allows you to destroy DNA if you don't want it. It's about time people started making use of that feature...

So I have been thinking to be putting to death Caperons totally, but since there aint any other spawn currently, natural spawn been gone for long apparently, it is hard to make such choices.

I sent a support to MA about it, but they dont want to tell me if they will put it back if i kill it.
In the end it's a stupid mob barely wanted for sure, but still people kill a few here and there.

I had 3 DNa of it, and kept one since i got the dome, but i would really like to kill them totally.

Any opinions about it ? should I or shouldnt I ? :scratch2:

ps:i wont do a poll since its not "representative" usually

Killing off a unique DNA seems insane.

I've not been to the dome since ND sold it, but prior to that the problem for me was the spawn. There were about 8 Youngs in the dome, and 4 Alpha+. Hunting was far too slow. I guess that was an attempt at a middle ground so miners didn't get annoyed.

If you want them to be hunted, pump all DNAs up to max numbers and min maturity.

If you don't want them at all, just drop them to min numbers and min maturity. They're not amazingly aggro, I can't see how they can be that annoying for miners.

It seems that some people replying didnt clearly read all my post but it doesnt matter.
All input is welcome.

Joe,

It's your dome ... you have your business model.
If you think you can make some money with hunting taxes on caperons just leave them. If your model is based on mining and if you think that remove them will increase your mining tax income just get rid of them.

I'm a miner and my business model is based on what i can make out of a mining run,what i''m saying is that if i avoid dome 6 it is because i don't find the current tax rate justified for what type of ores/emats i can find inside, this is not the same for dome 15.

For me ... the "problem" of dome 6 is not the mobs that are populating it, a caperon or two will not leave me out of dome 6 if my mining return is still good for the tax i pay.

Caperons are a sideshow mob, not a business mob.

Land owners are given a bad rap b/c they choose mobs that are hunted for drops. Is it the land owners' fault, or the balance manager's for determining the financial viability of certain DNA?

Rest assured, that if enough players spoke up about a unique DNA excluded from a player owned area, FPC would reintroduce it planetside. Besides, Caps were cordoned off near Solfais Crater preV10. Whose to say they won't be reintroduced planetside again some time soon? (or maybe even another PA Exhibit ;) )

If I had Squall's options, I'd take a pic for the archives, then install DNA that will attract hunters.

Reactions: das
Joe,

It's your dome ... you have your business model.
If you think you can make some money with hunting taxes on caperons just leave them. If your model is based on mining and if you think that remove them will increase your mining tax income just get rid of them.

I'm a miner and my business model is based on what i can make out of a mining run,what i''m saying is that if i avoid dome 6 it is because i don't find the current tax rate justified for what type of ores/emats i can find inside, this is not the same for dome 15.

For me ... the "problem" of dome 6 is not the mobs that are populating it, a caperon or two will not leave me out of dome 6 if my mining return is still good for the tax i pay.

I start be really tired of your posts and threads about taxes...
If you are so good player and know everything about tax why you dont have balls and buy a dome...
Try spend 300k in a dome and after talk about taxes man...
You are annoying...

Keep'em! If you terminate them you'll regret it forever!:wise:

I was looking for caperons recently on amethera where they used to be and noticed they're no longer there. Pretty sad.

Reactions: das
[...] i think Minken has a hunting dome that is ok, but i see now some new name of dome user on dome4 btw that has put 10% on both hunting and mining.
Great move, whoever is Andy Skureben Telg, if its not Minken and that he got ride of it whoever it really is hiding under a new name.

Well, my bet is on a name change. If that name change be for anonymity, my advice would be, check first what the web has on you... :dunno:

And maybe the 10% tax is an MA default triggered by the name change which just has to be reset manually by the owner.

Last edited:
EXTERMINATE them, at least I will have another reason to complain again :silly2:

Kill them !

Then make a new thread here under suggestions titled, "Suggestion place Caperon DNA in loot petition" and in this petition make a suggestion for FPC to place Caperon DNA in loot so that landowners who want a unique mob are able to have it and will give hunters something to do...

This way everyone wins. You have the perfect mining LA. FPC get something useful to do. Other LA owners have a chance of acquiring unique DNA. Hunters have something interesting to loot. It's just a win win win situation...
You can't tell them before doing it :duh: That's how sensible people do it. You have to first destroy the DNA and then make the thread like I suggested only then they may listen...
:laugh:!!

You will never know when they decide if they put use to Caperons or not. I mean, maybe they are waiting for them to be extinct to do something, but hell, how can you tell?

If your are sure in your businessplan that the extinction of Caperons will increase your revenue from the Dome in question, do it.

Apart that, what JC mentioned about the trade looks like a solution as well.

In the end we will be chasing Atrox or huge hp mobs anyway. We have tons of mobs, but how many are actually worth hunting? 5%? Anyone did a run down on that?

That's what I used to think. However as more and more LA owners destroy DNA the more likely it is FPC&MA will place a DNA recycling system in place. Which would be good for the economy and LA owners. Times change as we adapt the system must adapt with us...

Exactly. If you want them dead then dead they should be. Why should your business suffer due to other peoples romantic notions of how things should be?

MA/FPC have given you a system that only allows you to destroy DNA if you don't want it. It's about time people started making use of that feature...
I would have to agree with all of GeorgeSkywalkers comments. If they are giving you personal issues you need to take care off eradicate them. You know why? Because I want you to DARE FPC to restoring the natural spawns, not just Caperons but Mourners and other almost extinct mobs into being fully restored.

To those people who say what if they introduce a mission where you have to kill Caperons wouldn't JOE be better off? Well if JOE removes the DNA then tells MA support what he has just done & they then add this so called POTENTIAL profit making mob then FPC are absolute MORONS... quite simply they are if they don't provide us with the spawn to actually accomplish it or an available DNA. I think its about time we started forcing FPC's hand and calling their BLUFF!! :yay::wise::wtg::lolup::eyecrazy::yup::tongue2::dunce::beerchug::rolleyes:.

If you are going to exterminate them, at least wait til after Harbinger event and have your own goodbye event to them where you turn up spawn to max and have prizes or something and advertise it as Be Part of History by being part of Hunters that Hunt a Mob to extinction.:eyecrazy:

Oh yeah I Vote No.

Last edited:
Absolutely no!

I would still be hunting them if there was a decent spawn on Amethera.

I do a moderate amount of mining, and I've mined that dome many times. I just don't see the need to remove them. Really it's not much of a problem to go around 1 dna of caperon. And usually after VU's they are mostly clustered in the middle, where they stay if they aren't hunted or someone agro's them out. If it were something common and annoying like neconu or atrox, then sure, but I wouldn't destroy a unique dna for little gain.

bump this post :) i think the picture says it all

I think too, it says something like.. too bad ! SGA is over :laugh:
maybe some cornundacauda owners must also think its a good idea to keep in case they ever drop jungle stalker sga again i guess, that says it all too :p ok bad joke

Absolutely no!

I would still be hunting them if there was a decent spawn on Amethera.

As would I. However, except when I would go to CND for a soc dasp hunt and was left to hunt on my own for a while during a dinner break or what have you, I never hunted them on CND. Even if he increased the spawn I wouldn't go there for them because if the loot sucks on them at that particular time, there's nothing else of interest there anymore except the dasps which I cannot do on my own (without a fapper)....yet.

So as much as I liked the old spawn at Solfais, I have to say that unless the dome owners all group together and make hunting interesting on CND again and keep taxes at or below 4%, I don't much care what he does with the DNA. The only effect it will have on me if he kills them off is that I will be a little less interested in doing soc dasp hunts because the travel cost is too high to come back planet side for a while when the team breaks for dinner and there's nothing of interest except the dasps to hunt.

I start be really tired of your posts and threads about taxes...
If you are so good player and know everything about tax why you dont have balls and buy a dome...
Try spend 300k in a dome and after talk about taxes man...
You are annoying...

It because i know a lot about taxes ... that i did not bought any dome.
And if my post annoy you there is an ignore user function available on this forum.

;)

maybe some cornundacauda owners must also think its a good idea to keep in case they ever drop jungle stalker sga again i guess, that says it all too :p ok bad joke

The difference being that there are about 3 million Cornundacaudas spread all over untaxed land on Calypso, so what Corn DNA owners do is pretty much irrelevant to everybody.

I never hunt on CND tbh but my gut feeling says not to exterminate.
MA should make them extractable I feel, allows re-arranging and thriving business in DNA.

Atami

I never hunt on CND tbh but my gut feeling says not to exterminate.
MA should make them extractable I feel, allows re-arranging and thriving business in DNA.

Atami

Says one of the people who owns a miner only LA. ;) (Yes i'm aware it wasn't you that emptied the DNA. but you benefit from the fact it was emptied out....i'm just sayin...) :laugh:

Why should Squall be responsible to be the keeper of this DNA? Its his dome, purchased with his money...Obviously he feels he can improve the dome by removing the last DNA left. I'd say the ball is in FPC's court...it's their call whether it stays extinct or not. They have the power to drop dna parts. Put a DNA on a land grab area (I like that idea Oleg :) ) or put spawns anywhere on the planet...Heck they extingusihed the planet spawn and never checked with anyone first. :D
I kinda think Squall already has basically made up his mind...but checking to see if anyone can come up with 1 good reason not too...I hav'nt seen 1 yet...:laugh:

Personally I would have pulled all the dna shortly after i got the deed if it were me... :laugh:

Reactions: jod
Status
Back