To our Veterans

Status

sabresrule57

Mature
Society
Supremacy Reign
Rowan Sabretooth Deathbringer
Happy memorial day!! This goes out to all that have lost their lives or a family member in the fight for freedom! Thank you for serving our great country and to all those from other countries who serve as our allies. If there are any current service members or veterans (US or one of our allies) out there in EU we as Americans thank you for your service and we pray for your safe return to your families.

God Bless

Reactions: Mac
Yes,
Thank You!

God bless the fact we have a day off work here. The Veterans? stuff and nonsense. Celebrate a day off work.. not killing civilians.

Never understood why we should celebrate the death of a soldier who was sent to war by the political establishment... Would rather celebrate the day when everyone can say that it is plain stupidity to kill another person for a reason created by someone else...

Glorifying war... GEEZ...

Yes, do remember the poor kid who died as cannon fodder and spit at the politicians who managed to create a situation ending in war.

peace

Wow never meant this to get so political but I am disgusted at the disrespect for countrymen who put their lives on the line and died while you sit here playing EU. I served in the US army as an engineer for 6 years and when I hear this garbage I get disgusted. people have no clue what goes on. I really hope you guys with the negative comments aren't American because you honestly dont deserve to live in a country that came into existence beacuse people were willing to put there lives on the line. Yea you can preach world peace but in reality its a pipe dream cause there will always be evil. Why dont you tell a ten year old boy that he shouldnt celebrate the man who died for him by jumping on him to save his life during a firefight with islamic radicalists(one of my good buddies). If yur not gonna celebrate dont take the day off you dont deserve it and honestly I cannot stand people who are just ignorant. Yea politics are garbage but when push comes to shove no one invades the US and you can go to work and live your normal lives while our men and women still fight for our freedom and give us peace of mind

Wow never meant this to get so political but I am disgusted at the disrespect for countrymen who put their lives on the line and died while you sit here playing EU. I served in the US army as an engineer for 6 years and when I hear this garbage I get disgusted. people have no clue what goes on. I really hope you guys with the negative comments aren't American because you honestly dont deserve to live in a country that came into existence beacuse people were willing to put there lives on the line. Yea you can preach world peace but in reality its a pipe dream cause there will always be evil. Why dont you tell a ten year old boy that he shouldnt celebrate the man who died for him by jumping on him to save his life during a firefight with islamic radicalists(one of my good buddies). If yur not gonna celebrate dont take the day off you dont deserve it and honestly I cannot stand people who are just ignorant. Yea politics are garbage but when push comes to shove no one invades the US and you can go to work and live your normal lives while our men and women still fight for our freedom and give us peace of mind

First of all,

Yes, do remember the poor kid who died as cannon fodder and spit at the politicians who managed to create a situation ending in war.

By kid i mean conscript/soldier, as the bulk of an army consists of 8-20 year old kids, again speaking in a worldwide context. Average age of US soldiers killed in Vietnam was 19 if I remember correctly...

Second, I live on a continent that has been ravaged by war for millennia, so please let me be idealistic and wish for peace and not have to send my sons to war just because someone says so.

Peace

@Sabresrule ---- Those who have never served just don't understand! I appreciate your sentiments and Thank you for your service as well --- I hope you had an awesome Memorial Day!

Memorial Day

To those who have died in the line of duty serving the US.

/salute

We observe and recognize their commitment and ultimate sacrifice to our country on Memorial Day. This is not to be confused with Veterans Day which recognizes the service of all US Military Veterans.

Those of us who served or are serving the US Military understand that we did/do so to defend and preserve the rights and the freedoms for ourselves and others to express themselves, whether we agree or not. We also understand that we do this for others who may not be able to, or want to, serve, fight for, and defend these rights for themselves, and/or others.

We should not forget this game is played by people all over the world who come from many different countries and circumstances and they may not be aware of or understand our holidays and customs.

For anyone interested, here is a brief history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

Traditional observance:

On Memorial Day the flag of the United States is raised briskly to the top of the staff and then solemnly lowered to the half-staff position, where it remains only until noon. It is then raised to full-staff for the remainder of the day.

The half-staff position remembers the more than one million men and women who gave their lives in service of their country. At noon their memory is raised by the living, who resolve not to let their sacrifice be in vain, but to rise up in their stead and continue the fight for liberty and justice for all.​

VR/
SSG Mac, USA, Retired

To your veterans for what killing innocent people around th world or for being retarded cos their govt told them to go do something and they went and did it because they didn't have a single brain cell of their own???

No country was ever a threat to the US EVER.... every war it did was for its own sick agendas and politics so no respect to that country and its service men..as service men are just as bad as their bastard govt..

To your veterans for what killing innocent people around th world or for being retarded cos their govt told them to go do something and they went and did it because they didn't have a single brain cell of their own???

Your post not only necroed an expired topic, but was also offensive, so I reported it.
Hopefully the mods do the right thing.

Bit inappropriate on a game so multinational don't you think? :) I'm sure the German, Italian, Japanese, Vietnam, Chinese, Iraqi, Iranian, Afghan and all the others I've missed won't be celebrating the US Veterans day...

Your post not only necroed an expired topic, but was also offensive, so I reported it.
Hopefully the mods do the right thing.

Offensive in what way.....cos I spoke the truth....you don't like my views no? well i dont like yours so were even tough live with it

I believe this is one of the reason america is dissliked.. pretty much the only developed country since nazi germany to celebrate war... which they kinda stopped once the country went bankrupt .. and by america I mean China nr2 :laugh:

my condolences goes out to the american army either way hope you make it out alive

EDIT:this thread is old why was it necroed lol?

I believe this is one of the reason america is dissliked.. pretty much the only developed country since nazi germany to celebrate war... which they kinda stopped once the country went bankrupt .. and by america I mean China nr2 :laugh:

my condolences goes out to the american army either way hope you make it out alive

EDIT:this thread is old why was it necroed lol?

We do not celebrate War in the USA we Honor those who have given their lives fighting for our freedoms and our way of life. This is Memorial Day --- it commemorates the war veterans from our War of Independence through the our current conflicts.

It is a shame that so many countries do hate us around the globe. Maybe it is because we do take action in the time of crisis. How many times has the USA been the first to respond to a military threat , natural disaster or other event.

Actually I would love to see another country step up to the plate straight away --- that way we will not have to have our sons and daughters put their lives on the line.

So far no one else has offered this --- so we do what we do best jump in and aid.

It is easy to sit on your hands and then blame us for getting involved.

Do we have any other volunteers.

...and just to set the record straight --- I have not met many military people who welcome war --- actually they pray for peace.

....stepping off my soap box

We do not celebrate War in the USA we Honor those who have given their lives fighting for our freedoms and our way of life. This is Memorial Day --- it commemorates the war veterans from our War of Independence through the our current conflicts.

It is a shame that so many countries do hate us around the globe. Maybe it is because we do take action in the time of crisis. How many times has the USA been the first to respond to a military threat , natural disaster or other event.

Actually I would love to see another country step up to the plate straight away --- that way we will not have to have our sons and daughters put their lives on the line.

So far no one else has offered this --- so we do what we do best jump in and aid.

It is easy to sit on your hands and then blame us for getting involved.

Do we have any other volunteers.

...and just to set the record straight --- I have not met many military people who welcome war --- actually they pray for peace.

....stepping off my soap box

I just find it confusing using a country that's not at war as an arena for fighting terrorism waving the "for our freedom" banners around like you'd all die if you stopped

then again I also fail to see the reason behind your gun laws and alot of other things:laugh:

however if you guys ever should fight homefield instead of bombing other places feel free to come to sweden, we have more guns per person then you do, hardly any casualties that's gun related in comparison (since we believe an assault rifle is not suitable for hunting nor protection).
we take in about 100 000 people escaping war ridden countries each year so no worries about getting in. also free education for all Europeans, free school food, free medical care.

we do have 65% tax and the winters do drop below -40C sometimes up north but if you can live with that hop aboard

and what would you guys do without Ikea and volvo?

and don't tell anyone I said so.. but the Danish and Norwegians are alright... the Finns arn't to be trusted though... unless you give them vodka

sometimes maybe winning the "war" is ending it first ey :D?

And these arguments are exactly why this forum rule was made:
Forum Rules said:
3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion
Discussion of real world politics, nationalism, religion, war, or other similarly controversial topics is NOT permitted or appropriate for this forum. PlanetCalypsoForum, as the game, is a global community with players from many different countries around the world. Discussion of such topics often disrupts the forum community. Therefore, refrain from starting or participating in any such discussions, as they will be deleted from the forum without notice.

in short....

:locked:

Status
Back