TO taker of chair in Twin Peaks

Ok, be more specific. Was in twin. Trading at the balcony, totally on the corner far away from traders. She was standing behind me so i send her a message. IF she can move along , because normally people thing that person so close to me, is trading with me. So i send her message she move along . Then she was standing next to me, not too close but really not far. when i stand up and chair vanish, she was only one around me, i looked around, if someone else was there. IT WASNT. When the chair vanish. She start running away after 5 minutes standing behind me and then 5 minutes next to me. In that 10 minutes she didnt make any additional move. She was just waiting when i stand up

You asked sida to move along??... lol

If that is actually what you said.. i'd have taken the damn chair too :)

And i'm not a person to ever steal.

Someone stole it and you are correct, it feels crappy and it should never happen!!

BUT

U know the risk when ye do that at a crowded place like twins, Balcony spot is NEVER empty.
U also know the risk when it's not in a crowded place...

I'm sorry for U and I'm sorry for the poor person who needed to steal that chair to get going ( split the wealth they call it ^^ ) but the person who took the chair has the right to do it, and we all know that. Ofcourse most people don't, because of respect for each other...

Then again if someone asked me to "move along" I would also have taken your chair and put it for grabs a bit further: go run for it ^^.

We all have our opinions, but the rules are the rules, morally or not.

Open and shut case:

If you don't want people picking your stuff, don't place them in the ground in the first place.

Yeah! I know it looks cool to be sitting down in a place full of avatars standing... If you have the guts to flaunt it, you should have the guts to take it like a man when you lose.

Dont know who took it but Im in the market for a new chair, PM with your offer for said chair please!

heh...

Well... its still the same EU, Im away for some time, but seems nothing changed in ppl minds... Ive tought this allways happened only in old swamp camp, when few ppl trying to entertain themself were attacked by "thief" just for few pec. many times that happened to me, and when it happened I was ready to kick ppl who took my stuff, even it was worthless... Why ppl allways do something like that? Dont tell me it was looking like he left his stuff for ppl to grab it. If he just stand up, and his chair was taken... lets use that thing, filling up Ur head... (sry that last sentence was aimed to ppl who allways start about EULA and droping things...) and to "victim": U never know who is in radius, where U can pick item without move, from my own experience (pretty hard and expensive earned), is this radius allways a bit bigger than U think. To "thief" (sry for that name, but when Im typing, somehow I cant remember Ur name(sry for that too ;p)): I dont see any sense in that someone like U (mean not newcommer, or total a**hole) may steal that chair, unless U rly wanted to teach him a lesson for something, and that U might say... so... here is pretty big chance it was someone else than person U blame... so, next time, dont put Ur things on ground unles U want to get rid of them, or know all ppl around... and if I can say, for one chair its pretty cheap experience... and sry for my english, since Im away from EU, its getting a bit rusty ;)

This member is the more kind and nice people I have never know since I'm on Eu, polite and respectuous in all case.

It's an old member of our society, like said Rasta, Advisor like me, and if she said no took this f** chairs, we trust in her.
We are not like that.
Thanks to moderators to have change tittle of this thread.

Be alone, with only her on balcony of Twin, the more big Market place of this planet, would be hard. There is always someone around, and whoever can take stuff on ground far when you take away the option.

Now, was unless to insult her, here, and on chan at Twin, without proofs. Only Ma have the answer.
Request them...

You cant complain if someone takes something you have placed on the ground, period. It sucks when your doing art, it annoys if its something like this chair but whoever took it, they didnt steal it & they didnt scam it.

Perhaps if you hadnt been so arrogant it wouldnt have happened.

Well, you dropped it on the ground so you cant call him/her a stealer according to the EULA or law... Ethically it might be wrong, but as you get a message about when dropping it: Anyone can pick it up.

When people pick up our dance floors at AHR parties; some DJ's use to send support cases and the "stealer" gets a warning/temp ban. So he might try...

When people pick up our dance floors at AHR parties; some DJ's use to send support cases and the "stealer" gets a warning/temp ban. So he might try...

maybe :dunno:

ofc, it may be hard to prove who it was... they can always check all the logs related to that area or item maybe?

Ahhh Red.... I love you man... but I have to say, when you asked me last night if I had a cheap char kickin around for you to sit on while you trade in Twins, that was the first thing that went through my head... how long until someone swiped it.

I'll still give you a chair or stool from the shop (forgot to look last night) but I'm sure I have one you can have... or someone can have LOL

That was like when someone lifted the 100-200 blueprints I had for our soc blueprint exchange... I knew the chances.. was still shitty of someone to steal them... yes I consider it stealing even tho I knew the risk.

They obviously needed it more then I did. Poor little kids.

XZC

Thats not stealing.

Is it really stealing or is it simply cleaning up the environment since you left your trash on the ground?

Stop being a litterbug. If you want to junk up the scenery, perhaps you should consider buying an apartment to do so at your own leisure without creating more lag for those around you.

Oh my god.... are you kidding me? You put something on the ground.... IGNORING the message from FPC telling you that the item can be picked up by others..... someone walks by and picks it up and you cry the blues? Biggest load of B.S. I've heard in a long time around here.... quit whining and leave your shit in your inventory.

Menace

Oh my god.... are you kidding me? You put something on the ground.... IGNORING the message from FPC telling you that the item can be picked up by others..... someone walks by and picks it up and you cry the blues? Biggest load of B.S. I've heard in a long time around here.... quit whining and leave your shit in your inventory.

Menace

Lol all theese replys are funny...

You forget the fact that chair is for sitting. So it would be nice of such object, that you can sit on it, sit how long u want, than stand up, take it and gtfo without any prank stealing it from you, or wouldnt it?

:D

once my wooden table was stolen by some noob.. i didnt shoot him some shit.. just said, gratz, you were faster than me.

Doesn't matter if the EULA says its ok or not. EULA does not = law.

It IS stealing. Same as if i stood up from a chair in real life and someone swiped it and ran.

However...good luck trying to find someone in law enforcement trying to prosecute the person.... However some areas have sent people to jail for life for armed robbery of a twinkie....so....heheh... Right now its pretty easy for people to get away with a lot of illegal things in entropia. Just because no one in law enforcement understands that a pixel in a game could be worth $20000 etc.

---------

It would however be nice if MA would put in some safe guards so people could use items like this. Right now you can use them, but risk someone stealing them.

Maybe the whole world should be PVP Enabled, after all that would be alot more realistic anyways then you can make your own law enforcement.

Maybe the whole world should be PVP Enabled, after all that would be alot more realistic anyways then you can make your own law enforcement.

Weee woohoo!! Then we can rob banks too?

So have we learned anything from this experience?

So have we learned anything from this experience?

Yes mummy. Never leave things lying around and assume that people have the morals to not take it. And always heed the warning that the warning box shows you!

Geesh the original poster shouldn't have been so stupid to drop stuff on the floor. We really can't expect a game to be able to prevent all the stupid stuff players do.

That's a little like saying, "There would be no crime if only idiots wouldn't leave their houses unlocked."

I would like to be able to set something on the ground for a few minutes without it getting stolen. But we can't allow people to drop things forever, or calypso would soon resemble a junkyard :laugh:

I seriously doubt that anyone would ever get a temp ban by MA for doing something that is not against EULA since this is a RCE that could (and would if they did it to me) cause legal ramifications.
I would like to see proof of this. :scratch2:

Hmmm as Mindark wants to resemble the true world they should chance that in their EULA. Because when i leave a chair for standing up and it get pickedup from beneath my nose then you can that theft also.

Time for MindArk to implement a free time frame where items cant be picked up or like the spawn items like they do with the cars (where the problem off cousre would be far bigger)

As times chanced more and more bad ppl come ingame and misuse trust. This time it is 4 ped next time a 500 dollar fap.

MindArk should implement a better proctection scheme towards their players

And end upp like it was before with people placing crap all over the place?
I prefer that everything that people put on the ground dissapears and gets added to the loopool.

Or like commision for things. We got that for car. Why not for other things too

See above quote. Stupid to allow people do cause more graphic lag and bullshit "art" without the risk of getting it nicked.

That's a little like saying, "There would be no crime if only idiots wouldn't leave their houses unlocked."

Ummm.... not really, no. You have to consider the world in with we operate (again). If you drop things on your estate, they are protected (I am aware of the balcony bug, thanks)... or you can just restrict access to your estate. So there is no message when you do that, right? In your inventory, the "doors are locked". I see no reason for MA|FPC to change anything about this. Drop at your own risk.

Probably been said earlier in the thread.

Put something of any TT value on the ground, someone will pick it up.

Happens in real life as much as it does in virtual life.

Just the way of the world I'm afraid. :(

Seen it all to often over the years, people used to take stuff off other peoples balconys (probably still do)

In real life if I put a bag or a suit cases on the floor next to me, and someone picked it up and ran off, I would chase after them, and beat them senseless.

If MA want to make EU more like real life, they should make the area where the item was picked up PVP for a certain amount of time, where the victim can kill, loot back to the item the player picked up, or the player who picked it up can defend themselves and keep hold of the stolen goods. - Far-fetched idea of course, but a nice thought in a ideal world.

I agree, my only real problem with this game is all the safety zones. If pvp was allowed anywhere at anytime like alot of other games, there would be alot less scamming going on in EU.

For instance the last game me and my husband played we had practically maxed out avatars. Any1 that was dumb enough to try to scam us or disrespect us in anyway would be SCREWED. Alot of people might see this as a bad option for EU because they think the ubers would take advantage of the system. I however disagree, there's alot more ubers that are good people then there are bad 1s.

It would work itself out eventually by the scammer or rude person quitting altogether because its no fun to be repeatedly killed because you were dumb enough to ruin your reputation.

Being put on some1s KOS list in EU is practically pointless the way the pvp is setup now.

easier will be... when you drop a item a deed should appear in inventory in non-pvp lootable areas or have some options check if you really want to drop and can pick up only by you or everybody can pick it up... gl

In a perfect world people would respect other's property. This is a computer game however with all the douchebaggery virtual anonymity allows.

That said I don't believe that the culprit is is necessarily who the OP thinks it is. It's been a long time since I tried, but that option for moving to object you're interacting with, whatever they call it, can allow for picking things up at surprising range - I think. I used to use when walking around looking for fruit but it's been over a year since I played with it, can't remember how far away it worked. If it does that still I suggest an apology is in order.

And who should be shot then? The one closest to the chair or the one who took it?
Guess kinda the whole reason why "own law enforcement" is a bad idea...

I agree, my only real problem with this game is all the safety zones. If pvp was allowed anywhere at anytime like alot of other games, there would be alot less scamming going on in EU.

For instance the last game me and my husband played we had practically maxed out avatars. Any1 that was dumb enough to try to scam us or disrespect us in anyway would be SCREWED. Alot of people might see this as a bad option for EU because they think the ubers would take advantage of the system. I however disagree, there's alot more ubers that are good people then there are bad 1s.

It would work itself out eventually by the scammer or rude person quitting altogether because its no fun to be repeatedly killed because you were dumb enough to ruin your reputation.

Being put on some1s KOS list in EU is practically pointless the way the pvp is setup now.

Yes, Yes and Yes

PVP everywhere how it should be.... And for reverybody who thinks some asshole will ruin newbie experience... As she said, there are more Good persons then bad persons..

I would say pvp can be turned off only in the trade centres, maybe cities and ok even at newbie areas like swamp....

Back