To the people who spend thoudands...

who needs to deposit

I have been playing since July 06 I last paid in in MArch 07.
All you guys who pay in :yay:every month Please kep doing it
Everyone has a different approach to the game. I want my money back and to beat the house. Then I may loose it and spend real money ;)

Yahoo and Google had no name 20 years ago. PE was no name 4 years ago. EU is a name now.
It is? I just did a Google search for "most popular mmorpg" and there wasn't a single boo to be said about Entropia (either Project or Universe) on any of the links in the first two pages of Google search results.

fun and mostly addiction.. i guess..
im kicking off though ;)

It is? I just did a Google search for "most popular mmorpg" and there wasn't a single boo to be said about Entropia (either Project or Universe) on any of the links in the first two pages of Google search results.

The only place that I can even find the name Entropia Universe is on mmorpg.com's list... thats how I found it. Bored one night downloading a half of a dozen of new games to try.

The only place that I can even find the name Entropia Universe is on mmorpg.com's list... thats how I found it. Bored one night downloading a half of a dozen of new games to try.
Indeed....massivemultiplayer.com has a listing of 35 popular MMORPG's and guess what? Entropia isn't even one of 'em. Even "Dofus" is more well-known than Entropia! :laugh:

But why would you lose thousands to the game? I had some of the uber players telling me how much they loose on a single hunt that was pretty high up there... just add it all up... why would you loose multiple hundreds or even thousands a month playing?

What am I missing?
Cause some people are blinded by MAs empty promises of big money (look at their manipulation of the mindless people with all the Globals, HoF and ATM messages spamming your chat window all the time).

EULA said:
"Entropia Universe is not a game."
Try searching "real cash economy game". Is not about what people look to find a game. Is about what people find and don't let go after that. Most people don't know the concept and don't find it. Is not the most popular MMORPG. But is not just a MMORPG.
Is a virtual universe with real cash economy and a game play experience. Something what SL or other virtual universes don't and probably will never have. And is just starting. EU is now what google was in 1998. Google that and see what will come out.
And you may want to google for "Mindark CRD".

There are to many things that we don't have yet in EU and we will have in future. And the fact that we don't have them is a plus for us who are here and we can take advantage for knowing of it now and not in 3 years from now.

You think items in EU are expensive? Wait 3 more years.

EU is not supposed to be cheap. Or expensive. Is supposed to be a tool for profit. Only after that it is a game, a MMORPG and whatever.

Name me one game with no quests.

EU is not a MMORPG. Is a MMORPnG.
Massive Multiplayer Role Playing nonGame

Last edited:
Why?

I do consider myself a pretty hardcore mmo gamer but I am still new to Entropia... maybe I just don't understand or see why yet...

I can see maybe spending up to or around 100 dollars a month on this game. Perhaps even a little more then that since you could probably consider this game your hobby if your dedicated enough to it...

I can see depositing a couple hundred or a few thousand dollars to invest in equipment or real estate that is going to hold it's value or maybe even grow in value....

I can even see why people like Neverdie paid so much for the space station and such... he makes mad money off that place.

But why would you lose thousands to the game? I had some of the uber players telling me how much they loose on a single hunt that was pretty high up there... just add it all up... why would you loose multiple hundreds or even thousands a month playing?

What am I missing?

it's a laugh

Try searching "real cash economy game". Is not about what people look to find a game. Is about what people find and don't let go after that. Most people don't know the concept and don't find it. Is not the most popular MMORPG. But is not just a MMORPG.
Is a virtual universe with real cash economy and a game play experience. Something what SL or other virtual universes don't and probably will never have. And is just starting. EU is now what google was in 1998. Google that and see what will come out.
And you may want to google for "Mindark CRD".
Um, no doubt that searching for "Mindark" will pop up Entropia, but my point was that Entropia isn't even on the radar of MMORPS (massively multiplayer online role-playing SOFTWARE, heh). A lot of Entropia players tend to have a highly exaggerated sense of how 'well-known' Entropia is. For 95% of the gamers out there, it simple doesn't exist.

For 95% of the gamers out there, it simple doesn't exist.

And from those gamers the biggest chunk are <20 yo, with <200$ monthly income.

I don't give a flying dead mosquito if those know or not about EU.

To answer the threadstarter: because so they want and so they afford.

If those thousands are spent/invested or lost, that's up to each of respective customers.

If you see in EU only gambling, that's the measure of your ability in EU.

Very very easy to Loose 1k ped a day.. if you do about 2-3 300ped hunts a day you can loose alot, but at the same time you can win alot..

You're actually WAY wrong about that. The average age of the typical gamer is 33 years old and has been playing games ~12 years. If you're gonna quote facts, pull 'em from the web, not out of yer butt. :laugh:

Entertainment Software Association Top 10 Facts

Interesting link, now I want to see such a statistic for european contrys.

imho, it looks very similar to the us statistics but who can say without proof :)

I won´t compare EU to other MMOs. Most other MMOs suck.
The significant difference to other MMOs is the RCE. Thats what keeps me at EU and not any other MMO.

Tried out another RCE MMO that was in Alpha, but damn that needs a lot of improvement (OK, EU needs a lot improvement, too).

I would really like to see more RCE MMOs so we can really compare the games. All what isn´t RCE sucks, imho!

back to topic:
because they can afford it !

Name me one game with no quests.

Elite.

sorry but you cant just go self-defining a new sub genre and then say we are the best in the field. if you are in a field of one you are the winner and the loser.

EU is now what google was in 1998. Google that and see what will come out.

lol, now you change and compare to google which was competing against dozens of other directly comparable competitors. make up your mind.

fact is the "not a game" thing is confusing the related media outlets so they leave it alone, so the potential audience isnt even hearing about it. wasnt there recently a best of swedish game companys article that didnt even mention mindark? says a lot really.

...Tried out another RCE MMO that was in Alpha, but damn that needs a lot of improvement (OK, EU needs a lot improvement, too).

Thats why they call it Alpha. :rolleyes: But the way it looks in Alpha is WAYYYY better than PE looked in Beta :D

Very promising.

But hey, This is about EU, not other games.

Lets say one person makes 50k usd a year and has 15k dollars a year to blow on entertainment. He can afford to depo 15k a dear.

Lets say next person makes 50k usd a year and has 500 dollars a year to blow on entertainment. He can afford to depo 500 dollars.

Lets say final person makes 15 million dollars a year. He can afford to tt mod faps.

Make sense?

Lets say one person makes 50k usd a year and has 15k dollars a year to blow on entertainment. He can afford to depo 15k a dear.

Lets say next person makes 50k usd a year and has 500 dollars a year to blow on entertainment. He can afford to depo 500 dollars.

Lets say final person makes 15 million dollars a year. He can afford to tt mod faps.

Make sense?
No. :confused:

hehe same way i found it too. and i havent downloaded another crappy game from that site since then, ty eu.

If you're going to deposit no matter what amount .. this should be your first purchase in-game a "GOLD CARD" .. If your not going to deposit but you are planning to play for a very long time, this should be your first purchase a "GOLD CARD" .. Please learn from my experience under this thread ( Please Help ! ) .. GL ..

From my perspective, I'm actually not a gambler, in fact I won't even gamble for tiny stakes in a poker match. My problem is I'm addicted to games.

As for my depositing habits, I actually treat this as a savings account, a rather risky one but one that is way more fun than a normal bank :)

I thought I had gotten myself into a rut with this, but after I had chipped out all my skills and sold everything, I realised I wasn't much farther behind than the deposits I'd made. Which led me to my own personalise realisation of what Entropia Universe is for me.

I don't know that I'd be having this much fun with my money with an ISA or the like.

I don't deposit in this game at all. Atleast for now. I am just sweating, learning how the game works, making new friends, and getting some basic skills like Evade and all. One day I will sell all the sweat I have, my target is 100k, and then start mining and hunt here and there. If I get lucky, I will continue and If I don't then back to sweating.
Good luck! it won't be easy, you have a hell of a rocky road ahead of you.

If you are rich , you may donate to us sweaters some ped :D
if maybe i sometimes deposit some money i will not buying stupid thinks , only usefull thinks like for example if i will buy for ex. 100 PEDS i will buy 200 mining probes....

Well, lets say I had won the JackPot on the Euromillions lottery, £95,000,000, that was won recently (admittedly by several people, but just imagine.)

It should be possible to get an income of about £950,000p/a (after tax and re-investment to offset inflation), if not more, from this. That's £79,000 a month, or 1,584,000peds a month, 56,000peds a day.
So it's clear that if you are wealthy enough, losing 1-2k peds a day is "pocket change" to some people.

I just wish I was one of them.:laugh:

I lost thousands of peds last year going to the movies :rolleyes:

I lost ten times that5 last year on decay on my clothes :eek:

I broke even more or less on my total living expenses :cool:

I lost thousands of peds last year going to the movies :rolleyes:

I lost ten times that5 last year on decay on my clothes :eek:

I broke even more or less on my total living expenses :cool:

You spend way to much on clothes, Hally. :)

I HEAR YA, though. That puts things in perspective.

The car I drive cost me over 10000 PEDS and it was used. And then there is decay on top of that. And the enmatter it uses for fuel is up over 30 PED per gallon, now.

And then there is the 1000+ PED per month for food(L)!!

Makes that Repedge 2x0 at tt+10 seem so cheap. :)

--BillM

NOBODY profits or breaks even consistantly, I don't care what they say. Except those who have put thousands and thousands of dollars into Entropia.

*coughs*
so......I have started off with 0 peds....
I have been playing entropia for over 5 months now, I have profited consistently this entire period. And yes...I have crafted, hunted, cnd mined...and done pretty much everything, not a limited experiance at all.

*coughs*
so......I have started off with 0 peds....
I have been playing entropia for over 5 months now, I have profited consistently this entire period. And yes...I have crafted, hunted, cnd mined...and done pretty much everything, not a limited experiance at all.

well dude come on and spit in our face :silly2::rolleyes:

You spend way to much on clothes, Hally. :)

I HEAR YA, though. That puts things in perspective.

The car I drive cost me over 10000 PEDS and it was used. And then there is decay on top of that. And the enmatter it uses for fuel is up over 30 PED per gallon, now.

And then there is the 1000+ PED per month for food(L)!!

Makes that Repedge 2x0 at tt+10 seem so cheap. :)

--BillM
10 000 peds for a car.. with wheels on it? ok, it was used, but... the engine was still working? :D..

Last edited:
Why?

I do consider myself a pretty hardcore mmo gamer but I am still new to Entropia... maybe I just don't understand or see why yet...

I can see maybe spending up to or around 100 dollars a month on this game. Perhaps even a little more then that since you could probably consider this game your hobby if your dedicated enough to it...

I can see depositing a couple hundred or a few thousand dollars to invest in equipment or real estate that is going to hold it's value or maybe even grow in value....

I can even see why people like Neverdie paid so much for the space station and such... he makes mad money off that place.

What am I missing?
For fun ofc. :)

1000 ped per month isn't really that much to pay for entertainment, if you think about it. It's only ~250 ped week, or 35 ped per day.
Compare it to:
- A good night out on bars and discos can easily cost a 2000 ped (here in DK)
- Go to the movies with popcorn, coke etc is maybe 300 ped
- Go bowling´incl a beer/coke etc: 300 ped or so
- Etc.

You have to set your EU budget to what YOU think is a reasonable level to pay for your entertainment.

Back