Bob and Tom go to see MArks new game

MArk: Hi guys!
Tom: Hello
Bob: wazzzzzupppp

Mark;

Tom ….

MArk: Anyway here it is….

Bob: Whoa!
Tom: Nice, I didn’t realize the power ranger franchise had been incorporated into a game.
MArk: It hasn’t….

Tom :Oh, sorry. Why Everyone is wearing armor?
MArk Well, it cost money to take it off….and clothes too. We will make a ton of cash if they repair their clothes.
Bob: hahahaaaa thats the dumbest thing i ever herd!!
Tom, : hmm that’s interesting.

Bob : Hey there is a chick in clothes, she is hot!!
Tom: Where?
Bob: Oh, never mind, she put on armor, now she looks like she strapped 10 pounds of bacon to her ass. Its some sort of metal/marshmallow alloy. Al the guys look........plump.
MArk: We prefer "big boned", or "pleasantly plump"

Tom :um.... they look like gorillas running with a gun in their hands.
MArk: We will make a lot of money if they repair the clothes.

Tom: Are these all new ppl? They seem to be walking and interacting erratically.
MArk: Oh, that’s just because we changed the control interface. They will get used to it.
Bob: hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tom: That’s got to be confusing, after 6 months to 5 years doing it the same way. What’s improved?
MArk: Nothing, we just changed the mouse function.

Tom: All the faces seem the same, and there aren’t many hair styles.
MArk: We just did an upgrade, everyone had to redo the ava.
Tom: Ok but I noticed before things were more unique even with new ppl.
MArk: The creation options changed, there were a few presets and now I think they are gone.
Tom :You think? Did to go into detail about recreation?
MArk: We told them, but not that it would be impossible to get the same look, or even close.

Tom: But some of these ppl had the same face for 5 years, now they cant recognize anyone.

Bob : There are some clothes, wow!! They look like shit!
MArk: When they repair them we will make a lot of money.

Tom : Well the upgrade does look nice, but Mark these ppl are pissed off.
MArk: Not sure why, I thought they would like it.

Tom: Well they were happy with the look they had for a long time, now its gone, and cant come back. And they are confused because they have to control the ava a little differently. Not to mention they actually feel hesitant to change clothes and armor or recognize any of their friends. How exactly did things get better for the players?

MArk: That is just a small psychological problem.
Tom: Is this an experiment or entertainment? A community that is angry and confused is not exactly great for game play. You may want to throw them a bone soon before it gets worse.

Bob: haha throw them the whole cow these peopel are pissed!!! Lets go Tom.

MArk: Wait don't go! I thought you were going to invest?

Tom : We have another appointment we will call you.

Bob Don’t worry; you will make a lot of money if they repair the clothes.

Good story.

Haha, that was actually pretty funny :)

Ah, I soo want this to be published on online gamings magz like gamespy and such :D :evilking:

LOL i recognize the game, wonder from where :rolleyes:

:rofl: nice one!!!

ROFL, good humour ... sadly sort of true ... ;)

I think it went a bit more like this.

Jan. "What is the total tt value of all items currently in the universe?"

Tech guy. "Hmm, do you want me to run that query now? It will put massive strain on the DB for about a week - we're going to get a lag backlash from the community"

Jan "Am I in charge here or what?"

Tech guy. "Ooft. ok, I'll get onto it. You'll have the results shortly"

I week passes. Players notice more increased shots, some sporadic rubber banding, some loot lag and revive/tp lag... Nothing changes, I wonder what they're doing.

Tech. "Jan, we've got a total TT value within the universe of 3 billion ped."

Jan. Excellent work my tech dude. Now what is maximum possible TT of all those items?"

Tech. "Jan, that's going to be another week of DB admin"

Jan. "Listen tech. I'm trying to run a company here, I don't need excuses, I need results"

Tech. "well ok boss, I jsut thought our player should have a break in betw...."

Jan "if I asked for your opinion I'd have opened my mouth, that is all"

I week passes. Players notice more increased shots, some sporadic rubber banding, some loot lag and revive/tp lag... Nothing changes, I wonder what they're doing.

Tech. "Jan, we've got a total max TT on all items of 5 billion ped"

Jan. "So what you're telling me is that 2/5th of all TT value is already decayed?"

Tech "I suppose so"

Jan. "Magnnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus. We need to formulate a plan"

magnus. "yes my master <shooocccccch, shooooocccch"

Jan. "2/5 of our TT value is currently decayed. We need to restore unnatural favoured the balance in the universe"

Maguns. "Give me a week and I'll have the plan"

Jan contemplates to himself.
I'm a really good CEO, I think I'll have a scotch to rosy my cheeks some more.
Any CEO owner proprietor than can increase their companies turnover this much without getting new clients deserves a drink... Right?

<All events in this thread came from my head. I have not spoken to any MA employees, recently>

Lol thats funny :yay: and nearly true

Shame on u Ma, have got Greedy :(

And then it continued like this...

Jan: Magnus, Why did we send Marco on vacation right before we released the biggest VU in months? :scratch2:

Magnus: Jan, we did that because it wouldn't do to have our community relations manager actually speak with with the community while we're reaching into their wallets for more money!

Jan: Well, we're doing that all the time anyway aren't we?

Magnus: Well, yes, but this week, we're really reaching down deep. I've got a Bentley to pay off and you've got that beachhouse in Cabo. The last payment is due next week.

Jan: Already? Wow, these customers of ours sure are nice. They do seem to be a little pissed about the 2 pec decay thing. Maybe we should have Marco draft up something when he gets back?

Magnus: Nah, let them think we're all mysterious. :laugh: Ever since we switched from the Loot Pool engine to the Black Hole engine, we've been keeping them guessing. We just keep sucking them in, and don't give anything back. Its better that way. It keeps the accountants and the board of trustees happy.

Jan: Well I'm on the board, and I'm very happy :wtg:. Keep up the good work!

:rofl: It's brilliant!!!!!

*waits for this thread to be moved to the economy section" :whistle:

lol Very nice :laugh:

I like Bob and Tom :silly2:

Funny, sad and true....

ROFL. Funny shit.

+rep
-Valdes

Hilarious! :laugh:

And I think everyone may have hitted bullseye on their stories.

Tom :Oh, sorry. Why Everyone is wearing armor?
MArk Well, it cost money to take it off….and clothes too. We will make a ton of cash if they repair their clothes.

And then it continued like this...

Jan: Well, we're doing that all the time anyway aren't we?

Magnus: Well, yes, but this week, we're really reaching down deep. I've got a Bentley to pay off and you've got that beachhouse in Cabo. The last payment is due next week.

Reps for both of you for making me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So funny, but so true :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Don't forget to submit support case here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84073

Thanks for the replies, and the two side stories were great LOL!

You know, I really didn't think the change would be a big deal and I was really looking forward to the new ava.
I had no idea that it would effect me or anyone else and now I see it does. It feels silly but it's just true.
My old ava was a sexy, pale, green-eyed amazon. The old options (selecting "glam" eyes) seemed to be missing, I may have done it wrong but all the eyebrows seem to be the same and everyone looks dumpy in armor. I wanted a cross between the snow queen and the queen in sleeping beauty.

Now ive got the teen version of Barbi hits the ski slopes.

I played shooters hard core for the last 15 years. I think the biggest appeal of EU to me was not rce - that was just an interesting challenge, to make it all last, I did hours of research, read everything I could on this forum and others.
The uniqueness of the ava was great. In a shooter everyone is the same. Big mean guy, tough as nails who kicks serious ass. That is one of the reasons I picked a fem ava. In the old EU you recognize your friends not by the tag over their head but by face and clothes. All gone.

Ski slope Barbi just doesn't get it for me. but I better get over it quick. Or quit.

Sadly I feel there isn't shit that is going to happen about that. I just wish we all could have made a similar looking ava.

As for the 2 pec that is just total bullshit. Someone referred to it as a psychological problem, well it is. Do you want to have a source of entertainment where your not happy how you look or feel guilty about changing clothes? lol it's crazy but true.

Now as far as changing the controls that has got to be hands down one of the most stupid things I have ever seen in 15 years of gaming.
I can't tell you the key I used to throw a smoke nade in medal of honor, but if I close my eyes and think "smoke" my finger will show you, and I haven't played that game in 5 years. (its K) This is some frustrating shit.
Like other VU's there will be some bitching, but this goes beyond that. We are way past the saber rattling of the 50% repair of an SIB tt gun here. Ill go talk to bob and Tom see what they say. :)

More Tom & Bob!!!!
I for one can use some cheering, and it was brilliant so far :D

Bob:Gratz dude! I herd ski slope Barbi globaled on Atrax!
Tom: That's not funny dude , but it was 64 ped :)
Bob: Well you can change your clothes 1600 times now and repair them.:D
Tom: STFU.
Bob: Dude, I can understand why your pissed about the 2pec decay and the right mouse button..
Tom: oh God, don't even say the word mouse......:mad:
Bob: opps sry I forgot. But what is up with the avatars? I mean this is just fake shit right, a game?
Like you ribbing ppl about their “Pets”

Tom: Well its like this, you love that old black and tan hound you got right?
Bob: Yea! I love scrappy I had him 5 years now.
Tom: Would you like to change him a little?
Bob: Yea, I think that sometimes.
Tom: Well im going to take your dog tomorrow, im going to change him and he will never be the same again, So pick a few different colors and a new look for scrappy and ill get to work.
Bob: I don't think ill like that.
Tom: Too bad, I know your attached to that ratty old hound, but don't worry, he will still hunt and get the paper for you, but he will look different. More hip and up to date. None of the other dogs will recognize him, you wont either, but he will still be your dog.

Bob: YOU LEAVE MY DOG ALONE!

Tom: Chill dude, its just a metaphor.
Bob: Ok...but whats crafting got to do with it?
Tom: Metaphor, dude! its just an example to show you what I mean.
Bob: um..ok but don't F with my dog dude, I mean it.
Tome Ok. I promise.

Bob: MArk called he wants to meet again.
Tom: Oh brother, what about now?
Bob: Something about foot armor and lag.:scratch2:
Tom: -sigh- ok tell him tomorrow.:rolleyes: I got to remap all my keys.
Bob: Cool, want to play FEAR?
Tom: Yea, get rdy for an ass woopin.

MAx: Welcome to MA-Support-Radio and we welcome our 1st caller.
MAx: This is MAx, how may I help you ? :)

Caller1: uuawewweahhhhhhhhh
*click*

MAx:Ah, one of those funny callers again, we get that now and then, so, whos next ? :)

Caller2: You god dam*%$?§...
*click*

MAx: Hehe, Im always faster then these guys! :)
MAx: I got someone on line 3 now, whats your problem ? :)

Caller3: Hi, this is McCosmic, I would like to adress the 2 PEC issue and...
MAx: Hello ? Hello !? Someone there ?
Caller3: I can hear you just fine...
*click*

MAx: Awww, dont hang up people, try again. :)

MAx: This is MAx, whos next ? :)
Caller4: And sky opened up and it began to rain fire...
*click*

MAx: A classic one! :)
MAx: This is MAx, whos next ?

Caller4: Hi, its MArco...
*click*

MAx: Whooopsyyyy, seems we have technical difficulties here...

MAx:
MAx: This is MAx, whos next ? :)
Caller4: And sky opened up and it began to rain fire...
*click*

Lol that just cracked me up :laugh:
It was just the portion of sky just above MA`s offices right? :D
Scarab, be so kind and make a movie bout Bob & Tom pleaaaaaseee :D

Guys thanks for the much needed laugh :yay::yay:

HAHAHHAHAAA :D Zomg i was crying laughing at work, people thought i was going crazy :p

Back