Top 10 Miners

Well i know i have said this once and i will say it again
Strash is the best miner out there.......

can we vote for ourselves?
does that make me full of myself?
lol
i think i have pretty decent mining knowledge :)

anyways GL finding out who is the other top 9
LOL

Gotta have fun in life or it just ends too fast!

LOL Are you self-advertising here, bro? :p Well, one thing I can very sure about you is, you're totally a "Hardcore" miner :D

you must be friend with Luck and Knowledge to be a top miner, Luck friend should be your best friend tho :):rolleyes:

Ill raise my glass to the RELICS miners, very good pack of miners :). But also Travolta, Maronelle & Squall, remember when i started mining and these fellows always spammed the chat. Someday I though, I wanna be able to do the same. Still have a long way there, but maybe someday

A miner that can mine relaxed with knowledge that he wont have to deposit the coming week must be a good one ;)

So if you qualify for that you are on my list !

And people that do deposit are most certainely good too since they dont give up and realize theres some hard work behind sucess :) Exception from this are the ones that suddenly do a last deposit and start hunting to prove a miningtheory? :laugh:

What do I think are important to become " good " ?

Bankroll ( be able to have a stock of ores in wait for good markup )
Location-knowledge ( Where does the best markupstuff spawn ?)
Knowledge of a good area ( Is this area currently good to mine? How can I test it and know ? )
Equipment-skills ( To be able to use all that is presented in EU )

If you can fullfill theese 4 things then id say you have an edge to become successful ingame.

The best miners in EU knows who they are so I wont go into names :)

Best miner ever is MA's own Marco. He drills in our pockets like none of us can drill planets or asteroids.:silly2:

Besides it's silly to call for best miners as there are some high level people who contantly roll new chars once they get something good with the one they are milking at the moment. Only fools like me try for years to get a tower with same avatar.:laugh::laugh:

1. xXSqUaLLXx
2. Maronele Thunder Analytic Analina
3. Queen Kerrigan of Blades

They sure know how to do it.

That nr3 of urs just mines cnd with amps. nothing special there.

I suppose Travolta should be in top three atleast non depositer and highest skilled most likely.

this is a question that can't be answered as everyone has a different understanding to what contributes to a top 10 miner ... For me its anyone who mines on OLA 57 for obvious reasons, so Saib Saiber Kills and Pavillion White Black would be my candidates :)

just my 2 cents (worth of spammin :)

Angel

Hey !!! I mine there too ;)

Very good thread in fact ... even if you will most probably never have the answer to your question.

I mine since a very long time and each time i ask myself the question to know if i'm good at it or not i always have the same answer. It always depends on the last run i made, if it was a good one i am probably the best miner ingame but if it was a bad one i'm probably the worst one.

When you mine you have to know one thing : "Good" run or "Bad" run you should always have learned something after it.

And about the secret of mining ?
It is the same for every ingame miner (even "Godly" ones) ...
"Just drop your bombs and extract what you can ... you are not the one deciding how much it will be." ;)

For me anyone who is self sufficient gets my vote

Rgds

Ace

I will vote kosmosz.

Generally i look up to him as a miner.

He really goes hard and talks WAY TOO MUCH!

Peace.

Edit: I would also not look past Aki as a knowledgeable miner either.

Thanks for the feedback. The answers were ones i kind of knew. I just wanted to see what the opinions were of individuals and if good miners were thought of as hoarders of knowledge, lone wolfs, meticulous, nerds, etc. Its a very lonely profession and i know that those that are good from the beginning are the ones that looked to understanding the game rather than understanding the economics. Im glad to see some good words about people. What ihave gathered from all these responses is that overall people opinions of others are based on more than just how many globals they have or how much ped they run through the system carpet bombing. Its thouse with a solid understanding of the nuances.

Strakkan said it well with his 4 examples. i have always strove to achieve those very things. being able to stockpile ores, know YOUR areas well, and make sure you are equipped to do the whole job not just a part of it.

Many would say for the past week mining has been horrible. However it has been average for me because i switched depths.. i was hitting like crazy at or deeper than 1400m. So that plays well into the idea that if you cant see doesnt mean its not there. Being a highly skilled miner means being able to mine successfully when almost everyone else cant.

But having the skills doesnt mean you know where to look. Thats a different kind of uber, knowing where everything is at and being able to afford to look for it. Stumbling on a rare every now and then isnt a good miner, Mining it religiously each week or day to maximize profit is good mining.

So who are the top 10 miners? Without an agreed upon method of rating, n oway to tell. Do people feel they kow who top 10 are of course and to some they are heros and to others they are the jealousy and envy trigger but you have to give up some respect to people who play probably one of the most boring video game professions ever created and the idiots like me that have done it for 7 years and smiled almost the whole time.

I made a sorta simple chart based on 3.571429 times multiplier in space

The multiplier in space is related to find rate. On Planet we do have 27% in mean. In space it seems to be somewhere between 4% and 5%. I don't have a sufficient large dataset to estimate it more precisely.

space loot multiplier = FRP/FRS
FRP = find rate planet
FRS = find rate space

When using FRS = 4.5% you’ll get 6 as loot multiplier. This means that loot in space is 6 times that much as what you’ll get on planet. Hence 1 PED on planet will be 6 in space.
The given size classes are only tags. They do change with the multiplier off course, but are related to loot classes. Therefore, not all size classes have to be present, like with amps.

Here an example for unamped enmatter assuming a multiplier of 6. The table depicts the loot classes with respective lower limit in PED, upper limit and size classes (assuming entropedia is correct).
Code:
Class	Lower	Upper	SizeClass
1	3	5	V
2	9	15	VIII, IX
3	31	40	XI, XII
4	94	120	XIV
5	241	401	XIV, XVII
6	722	1203	XIX, XXI

As one can see, some size classes are missing. For instance, you won't get a IV, VI or VII in space on unamped enmatter.

Back