Ipad2 or Sony Tablet????

• Total voters

Hugh Willose

Prowler
Society
Dark Knights
Hugh Willose
Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a dilema and need some feed back from the techheads.
I decided i wanted to buy a Tablet but can't decide between an Ipad2 or the new Sony Tablet.

Both are the same price £399, the sony uses the android market, which i like. The ipad uses the itunes apps as you know, which i find a tad irritatating sometimes, having been an old iphone user.

Thanks in advance for feedback guys, really appreciated. :)

i would go for Sony,nice design and the i like the android market,very fast expansion

Sony would be my choice. Replaced my iPad with an acer a500. Android market seems to be coming on leaps and bounds.

(gave the iPad to my 4 year old daughter as it is very user/child friendly)

If you like the android apps, and can wait a few months, check out the kindle fire. It looks to be a promising tablet. Not sure when it will be available worldwide, and it is a bit smaller, I think, than the iPad or sony tablet, but the price tag is a lot smaller.

I have a Samsung Galaxy (10.1inch, and so is the screen) and love it. Lots of free apps for android and makes it very customizable. I'm not sure what the spe are on this SOny one (processors, software, touchware) but I wouldn't swap my android for an inferior platform (unless it was laptop with free 3G connection :D)

have you considered the new kindle fire? Seems like it might be a popular and useful device.

I'm have a Motorola xoom. It's just ok.

Thnx for the input guys :)

I've never tried android and only been using iPhone, so I actually have no clue which one to vote at. I like my iPhone but I have also heard great stuff about Android market. I'm voting just so I can see what others vote, I would like to try a android myself after using iPhone so much so that I can build myself a picture of which one I like the most :)

I bought the asus transformer, because it has the nvidia tegra2 chip which is blistering fast and gives access to really nice 3d tables games. The transformer also became the winner in a dutch 64 head to head tablet comparison test. (including apples ipad 2).

Well, I will go the the Improved Ipad MKII, don't know the Dmg/Pec thou:)

battery life on a kindle (regular one, not the kindle fire) is a month. Battery life on most other tablets is a mere 8 hours.

+ even though it is very monotone/boring type voice the kindle has a 'read to me' feature that can make just about any type of text in to something you can listen to without having to actually do the reading. Nice if you want to listen to books while doing something else. If you use the text to speech thing though battery life goes down to somewhere around 2-3 days, but it can be recharged when it downloads stuff, so if you use calibre to download blogs and stuff it's no problem.

Oh, and the 3g on the kindle is free even if it's a bit slow. Very nice for use for stuff like google maps, email on breaks, even for checking these forums. This feature alone is what sold me on it. Compare monthly costs vs other tablets for something like 5 years and then see which is best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Back