Question: Towers

Art Jennifer

Elite
Lady Jennifer Art
So,

Lately I have been talking with various people via support trying to work out why some seeming (newer/have not put in as much Ped to the economy players) hit big,while people that grind never seem to hit anything nice.

The question I raised this time was about a few recent loots that have been big, and according to the tracker and 'word on the street' they are relatively 'sunday miners'.

The reason I am posting this, is just to and ONLY hear others interpretation and understanding of the response.

So I can continue to discover the loot system.

I would like to know what is do able, as in can they actually record every single players output?

The bits I am most interested In are highlighted in bold

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for contacting us. The issue I see here is that you're basing the results on just some statistics, when it fact there's a lot more factors that have an influence on these types of results.

The source of information is inaccurate, I've checked these accounts and everything is in order

We respect your feelings on this matter and if you feel that the Entropia Universe can not live up to your expectations, there is not much we can say or do to change this feeling.

Kind regards,
Chris | ROCKtropia Support

Last edited:
this game aint like santa where you're entitled to more because you've been a good boy and played longer :p

this game aint like santa where you're entitled to more because you've been a good boy and played longer :p

Basic response.

I am fully aware of the effort needed to get ped out of this game, do not worry I am FULLY aware lol.

My only problem is that the loot system seems unfair, and I am trying to discover if I am incorrect or if the loot system is actually unfair.

And as MA/PP give very littler details about the system, it is hard to work out why I am trying to get more knowledge on the subject.

I know people that have come, first week hit a tower, then left.
I know people that grind work hard, use the skills and never hit anything.

Now, we have the issue that, the person grinding and using the knowledge will be making ped regardless, so they do not need to hit that biggy.

This is where it gets hard, and this is not the point of this post, so I will leave it at that.

fact of the matter, I did not want to ask out right questions, because this does not show me your interpretation, only mine and your answers to mine.

Especially about: I've checked these accounts and everything is in order

why this is kinda blank, and I just want to hear what people have to say.

I believe the source of information is not inaccurate, but lacks details of other systems.

As I was a firm believe skills have something to do with it, but now, I am not sure when a F105 can find ATH's and well thats a basic finder :S

Over the last 200k ped unamped drops, my miners (mostly under level 7) have had, 6 claims in excess of 1k ped, 4 of which were over 2k ped. In my own personal records of my last 100k ped drops (most last year), the biggest claim I had was 880 ped. When mentoring newbie miners, they do indeed seem to enjoy a much higher chance of a big loots than I expect from my own mining. Is it just chance? Could be.

Personally, I suspect that your rate of profession level increase affects your chance of getting a big loot in mining. In plain language... "beginner's luck" exists in EU.

In any case, I think it's bad for morale... not just for the experienced players who get jealous, but because it's just too much loot for a newbie at that stage of their game, it teaches them to "chase the hof" or poisons their game experience by giving them the "end game" before they've really gotten started.

Last edited:
We respect your feelings on this matter and if you feel that the Entropia Universe can not live up to your expectations, there is not much we can say or do to change this feeling.

Kind regards,
Chris | ROCKtropia Support

everything that happens lootwise eu is akin to a slot machine in my mind.

what is interesting though is chris' response. apparently, chris dont give a fuuuuuuck.

everything that happens lootwise eu is akin to a slot machine in my mind.

what is interesting though is chris' response. apparently, chris dont give a fuuuuuuck.

Lolololol

Yeah he did not seem bothered, although I have spoken to him a few times.

So he is probably a bit like " Oh god this idiot again".

See I thought it was a luck based system, but support assures me its not luck based.

I also asked if it was a time based system, they also said some stuff, which made me think it is more about timing (when to mine, where to mine and what to mine) which I think it is in a way, but thats the overall loot system and not towers :D

You're already addicted, they will get your money. Newbies need to be reeled in. :p. Idk, that might be their logic lol.

I am just interest in the I've checked these accounts and everything is in order.

Like, so there must be some payout system in place :S

Lolololol

Yeah he did not seem bothered, although I have spoken to him a few times.

So he is probably a bit like " Oh god this idiot again".

See I thought it was a luck based system, but support assures me its not luck based.

I also asked if it was a time based system, they also said some stuff, which made me think it is more about timing (when to mine, where to mine and what to mine) which I think it is in a way, but thats the overall loot system and not towers :D

First of all, I think Chris actually gave a fuck. He was just hypothetically speaking. Tho, he mind have found out that Jenny ain't hottie in her twenties in real life, which might have had impact on his performance.

Secondly, why you ask Rocktropia's support to tell how this game works? (rhetorical question)

all can be explained as a slot machine. some people play the 1 ped slot machine for 90 pec when some people play it for 1.10 ped.

loot is dynamic meaning it changes. it changes because new items are added to game. it changes because items come in waves. it changes because sometimes the slot machine pays 90% and sometimes it pays 110%.

if you drop 1k probes in a day maybe 100k probes were dropped by all players in total so your chances for the big loot are very small.

the parameters differ, but its all luck in the end. dynamic random dynamic luck that is dynamically dynamic.

look on the bright side, all you have to do is try asking other players for good tips.

Dear Chris | ROCKtropia Support

I do not believe a word you are writing because we all know the case of Raddim all the players new that something was crazy a lot of avatars wrote to MA to check this, can only say that it took MA over half a year to start looking at the case and we all know how that ended.

I only belive in yours Word if you can prove it not just say it.

I am just interest in the I've checked these accounts and everything is in order.

All they're saying is they keep logs of loot given out. They're not going to tell you how loot works... and the support people wouldn't be told how loot works anyway.

Especially about: I've checked these accounts and everything is in order

Years ago, when I was drunk and lost a bit in-game, I made a support case complaining about my returns, hinting that there's something wrong with my account. The response was ''I've checked your account and everything seems fine'' or something between those lines. :)

As for the topic, let the ''new'' players take towers. Who cares? I see you do. Sure, it feels ''weird'' when someone who doesn't even know what AMP's do. hits a 4/20k tower with a TT finder. I've been mining for a looooooooooooooong time and never have had a tower. I don't care... you know why? Because I know I wont get one for another decade. Which also mean, I don't chase them. (Sometimes I do out of boredom). When I don't chase them, when I don't think about them, I get good results, good returns, nice profit. (and if you think, that there's not enough comma's in my wall of text, then here's some more).

I'd say, drop the chase. Stop thinking about ''newbies'' hitting big. It's been like that FOREVER. Nothing will change.

Maybe sometime in the future, MA will understand, that 1 regular customer is better than 10 new customers (nr1 rule in business). ​Sadly, till then, your efforts of being ''heard out'' will go to waste. :)

First of all, I think Chris actually gave a fuck. He was just hypothetically speaking. Tho, he mind have found out that Jenny ain't hottie in her twenties in real life, which might have had impact on his performance.

Secondly, why you ask Rocktropia's support to tell how this game works? (rhetorical question)

No, when a company of which you are a customer tells you there is nothing they can do to change how you feel, all I hear is fuck you.

He checked your real name and pasted it to the "Dear, xxxx" -autoreply format. Also, he might have forwarded your post to someone, who may have checked your inventory list and that's it.

No, when a company of which you are a customer tells you there is nothing they can do to change how you feel, all I hear is fuck you.
Oh yeah? So we should be able to whine our way to ubers? If so, why does his whining take precedence over my whining? Shouldn't I get an uber too, since I'm whining? I would hope you can see why this sort of situation would never work out for MA.

Note: after 2.5 years in game I have yet to break the 1k TT barrier.

Well, many companies don't get frequently asked about support team's world views or view on things which they have no earthly idea.

Oh yeah? So we should be able to whine our way to ubers? If so, why does his whining take precedence over my whining? Shouldn't I get an uber too, since I'm whining? I would hope you can see why this sort of situation would never work out for MA.

nope, rob. i never said that. im inferring that there is something implicitly wrong with the loot system because it leads to so many bad feelings by so many participants. i think there must to be a better way to do it. my main gripe is that my last 25k deposits allowed me approximately 3 weeks of "gameplay." i would have been much happier if it lasted much longer even without an uber loot.

im not trying to figure out the loot system. im not trying to make a withdrawal. im looking for value for my $US dollar, which i dont believe i received with my most recent experience. so, do i feel let down, yes i do. and if a company tells me that they cant or wont attempt to change how i feel, well thats adding insult to injury.

nope, rob. i never said that. im inferring that there is something implicitly wrong with the loot system because it leads to so many bad feelings by so many participants. i think there must to be a better way to do it. my main gripe is that my last 25k deposits allowed me approximately 3 weeks of "gameplay." i would have been much happier if it lasted much longer even without an uber loot.

im not trying to figure out the loot system. im not trying to make a withdrawal. im looking for value for my $US dollar, which i dont believe i received with my most recent experience. so, do i feel let down, yes i do. and if a company tells me that they cant or wont attempt to change how i feel, well thats adding insult to injury.
The irony here is that because you perceive the system is being unfair (it's not), you're actually asking it to become unfair. I've heard it many times and it gets old.

The irony here is that because you perceive the system is being unfair (it's not), you're actually asking it to become unfair. I've heard it many times and it gets old.

you get "fair" mixed up with "disappointing"

MA hardly decides the value of ''items''. Only through drops and new items. The cost to play is YOUR choice. You and ONLY you determine the value of your $US. You decided to buy 1 150% MU gun which breaks super quick? Your fault. You decided to use lv13 AMP's on CND to lose big? Your problem. MA has implemented many levels of ''cost to play'', the one you pick is up to you. Don't go crying to them when you lose PED or you can't find the ''value'' of your $US. Actually, if you can't find the value of your $US, you've got some serious gambling addiction.

Don't get me wrong, but that's how things work IRL and in this game.

You and ONLY you determine the value of your $US. Your fault. Your problem. Don't go crying to them when you lose PED or you can't find the ''value'' of your $US. Actually, if you can't find the value of your $US, you've got some serious gambling addiction.

Don't get me wrong, but that's how things work IRL and in this game.

im actually a really nice guy, and i think most of us are. so, i never understand all the flaming that occurs between so many of us.

Jenny, I know what you mean. The question always arises when someone get a tower - why not me?
Is the wrong question. But because the system is built on our greed, similar results for someone forces you to spend your money faster. You know what I mean?
I had a maximum loot of 7500, but it did not make me proud. I just spend my time here and I aspire to make it worth a little money.
I have enough income in RL, for not ask with similar questions into support :)

i went from level 55 to level 108 blp naturally,during that time i
have 900k in tracker and as highest loot in tracker i have 2960 orso,

yet i see every midlevelnoob having 1 or more 5k + loots in tracker,im pretty sure loot aint random...

im actually a really nice guy, and i think most of us are. so, i never understand all the flaming that occurs between so many of us.

I didn't question your personality in my previous post. I really do apologize if my post sounded ''offending'', all I simply wished for, was to highlight the problem of our community at the given time. People complaining about ''spending'' 20++++k ped and getting nothing in return, not even joy. It's all about ''cost to play'' in the end.

It is the default one for me I think? I think I started there, can't remember.

As for the topic, let the ''new'' players take towers. Who cares? I see you do. Sure, it feels ''weird'' when someone who doesn't even know what AMP's do. hits a 4/20k tower with a TT finder. I've been mining for a looooooooooooooong time and never have had a tower. I don't care... you know why? Because I know I wont get one for another decade. Which also mean, I don't chase them. (Sometimes I do out of boredom). When I don't chase them, when I don't think about them, I get good results, good returns, nice profit. (and if you think, that there's not enough comma's in my wall of text, then here's some more).

I'd say, drop the chase. Stop thinking about ''newbies'' hitting big. It's been like that FOREVER. Nothing will change.

Maybe sometime in the future, MA will understand, that 1 regular customer is better than 10 new customers (nr1 rule in business). ​Sadly, till then, your efforts of being ''heard out'' will go to waste. :)

I don't really care, or no I guess I do.

Its more the fact the people I have grown up with in this game are all leaving, because a lot of them do not, like me think its fair, how the system works at current, but I am just trying to understand it a bit better, then maybe I will change my mind on everything.

I am quite open mined, but it does seem a bit unfair. Not for me, I am pretty happy with how and what I can do when I try hard here.

Jenny, I know what you mean. The question always arises when someone get a tower - why not me?
Is the wrong question. But because the system is built on our greed, similar results for someone forces you to spend your money faster. You know what I mean?
I had a maximum loot of 7500, but it did not make me proud. I just spend my time here and I aspire to make it worth a little money.
I have enough income in RL, for not ask with similar questions into support :)

Yeah, I feel I have played a bit out of my deposit level lately, but the again, I know I could deposit tomorrow and not deposit again. It's more the fact people like this :

i went from level 55 to level 108 blp naturally,during that time i
have 900k in tracker and as highest loot in tracker i have 2960 orso,

yet i see every midlevelnoob having 1 or more 5k + loots in tracker,im pretty sure loot aint random...

Have not hit anything higher than 2960...

like to me thats not right. You have 900k in tracker and 3k is highest loot. Where as someone with 50k would have a 20k loot.

Although then I guess if you have made a steady profit over this time thats ok or if you are just getting fucked over. Thats not ok :/

Although then, in my view and from my personal experience. If I can make a profit why should I not be able to hit big. As I have worked hard to make a profit.

I am not whining about the loot system from my point of view. As I have only put in like what £1000 in 3 years. Withdrew £300 a few weeks ago, so not bad going.

But, people that none stop grind, and get nothing, just loss, then a newer player can get lucky, but then they are not getting lucky. So something is not right/ This is the missing bit I am trying to fill.

Last edited:
But, people that none stop grind, and get nothing, just loss

And who told you that the only loss?
Im very satisfied by my results for current year :)

And who told you that the only loss?
Im very satisfied by my results for current year :)

I am referring to the people that Non stop grind and get a loss.

There is a lot of different sub areas that could be talked about here.

But in short,

the people that non stop grind with eco gear and setup and lose out.

Back