Tracker Suite Errors

Angel of Death

Old Alpha
Society
MDK-Elite
Angel of Death
Let me preface this by saying _how_ I'm launching the tracker suite. When you run the initial setup, the program files install to a really obscure location, with no uninstall feature (which I'm not real happy about) @ C:\Users\<NAME>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\GBNPPYZK.AEE\H8OYN77B.ETQ\entr..tion_50452fbe79d83c86_0001.0000_a0d40aecdb69ddca

I'm using the actual executable and launching it through Steam with the intention that I can launch one app which will launch the tracker suite and the client loader.

When I point the tracker suite to the client loader @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32 and hit start logging, I get the following unhandled exception indicating that launch.bat is missing:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32\launch.bat' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
   at DmgReader.Form1.launchEU()
   at DmgReader.Form1.button3_Click_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Entropia Tracker Suite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/GBNPPYZK.AEE/H8OYN77B.ETQ/entr..tion_50452fbe79d83c86_0001.0000_a0d40aecdb69ddca/Entropia%20Tracker%20Suite.exe
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

On one note, there is an uninstall feature. Since you are on Vista (or RC7), you can uninstall this using Vista's 'Programs and Features' tool, located in the control panel. You'll find the Tracker entry there.

As for the error, I think (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) that you are running into the most despised thing about Vista, the fact, that any application installed to the /programs folders of the root drive, is protected. This prevents most things from working correctly. One of the first things I learned to do with Vista, was to install all games in seperate folders: ( ex c:/games ), and even better, to install them on a seperate drive entirely.

Last edited:
On one note, there is an uninstall feature. Since you are on Vista (or RC7), you can uninstall this using Vista's 'Programs and Features' tool, located in the control panel. You'll find the Tracker entry there.

Ah, so there is, I hadn't seen it there when I looked.

As for the error itself, if what you're saying is true, the installer requires administrative rights, shouldn't that batch file install during the installation process and isn't? (or didn't in my case?)

If you have a copy of that file, could you post it here so I can create it, please?

Back