Trade deal gone bad

Status
ok since some just dont get the actuall intent of the sale let me clairfyi it again [...]

Well, first thank you for your OP who generated so many replies - this thread clarified for me all I needed to know about chipping out process and dealing with the results, very informative!

Second, in the post I quoted above you used I think 2 punctuation marks on 19 rows of text... hardly one can follow you properly, sorry to say!

Third, from what I understood from various maths here, nobody would pay 70% of skill implant value AND ESI cost at 650% MU. Maybe if the MU on the skill is obscene, like 20000%, so the percentage of ESI cost will be no more than 10-20% of total value (thus making it attractive against AH)

In my opinion you tried to get a very good deal (even if you said you were to accept even lower % with provided ESI) but the buyer did not understood what you wanted (more likely from chat logs, and because he's a reseller he would never agree to it anyway) and took advantage of the low price. If he indeed oferred to split ESI cost as he said on this thread, you should have taken his offer - some extra money is better than no money.

<later edit>
2012-06-30 17:55:30 [ Buyer ] you said you got some jag part , i can borow you like 500-600 peds so you got peds for esis , you give my jag part as co
2012-06-30 17:55:43 [ Buyer ] lateral, and after selling skils we trade it back ?
2012-06-30 17:56:28 [ coxjon ] ok i thought it would be more like you buy esi i fill it up for a fee
2012-06-30 17:57:06 [ Buyer ] well i always was buying prepared implants, think best way, realy easy to calulate
2012-06-30 17:57:57 [ Buyer ] kk ill lend you some peds than
2012-06-30 17:58:01 [ Buyer ] will work ?
2012-06-30 17:58:32 [ coxjon ] ya thatll work

So the buyer lent you some peds to kickstart the chipping process, wanted all the amount back when returning the collateral, he stated that always buys skills implants and calculate the % on those (70 in your case). You were distracted by your kids, because right there you should have stopped the trade and stated you want him to support ESI cost.
</later edit>

I saw no complaints about the ESI price, which is tighly controlled by MA via drop rate... was so nice to be a TT item with certain decay and such. Why? Because skills are mine and if I want to get rid of them, even to TT, I should be able to do it like with any other loot without being tied up to AH. Imagine that CLD owners would be forced to buy an ESI like contraption to extract 4peds from them each week.

Last edited:
ok since some just dont get the actuall intent of the sale let me clairfyi it again for those few that just dont seem to understand

or just enjoy attempting to twist words to help someone that perhaps is a friend society member or whatever.

I posted on the forum skills for sale catch was buyer to pay for the cost of the esi's.

I was to fill them up for a fee now if the agreed amount had been 25% of the market value of the skill implants i would have also taken that but when the offer was made for 70%.

Obviously i stood to make more peds doing it so i accepted the agreeded amount of the 70% of the market value of the skill implants.

For those that seem to think that they need to constitantly point the finger at me trying to pull a fastone or whatever other rediclus accuzations think about that first.

If you were selling something that you could part with if you were offered in your mind an agreement for buyer to purchase the esi's and pay you a fee for filling it up would you not have jumped at the same oppertunity?

When it did not pan out in the amounts of peds that you had expected to get out of it would you not have taken the same action and warn the community that this persone didnt hold up on what they had offered to do?

You had indeed upheld your end of the deal when honesty and intergity is in question.

it does make me feel compelled to warn others that some have no intent or choose to alter agreements after the other party has upheld their ends.

I honestly expect that the buyer will honestly uphold their end and pay up.

No I do not expect that.

That will honestly will ever occur hince the warning at the begining of this post.

that some have taken upon themselfs to hijack this warning posting weither this is intional or not on your part.

I do not know nor really care.

only thing i wanted to do is warn others of a severe lack of intergity and honesty of others in eu community

split it up to read it myself, posting it to save others from having to do the same...

sorry to hear what happened to you OP

Reactions: aia
ok since some just dont get the actuall intent of the sale let me clairfyi it again for those few that just dont seem to understand or just enjoy attempting to twist words to help someone that perhaps is a friend society member or whatever, i posted on the forum skills for sale catch was buyer to pay for the cost of the esi's and i was to fill them up for a fee now if the agreeded amount had been 25% of the markett value of the skill implants i would have also taken that but when the offer was made for 70% obviously i stood to make more peds doing it so i accepted the agreeded amount of the 70% of the market value of the skill implants. and for those that seem to think that they need to constitantly point the finger at me trying to pull a fastone or whatever other rediclus accuzations think about that first and if you were selling something that you could part with if you were offered in your mind an agreement for buyer to purchase the esi's and pay you a fee for filling it up would you not have jumped at the same oppertunity? and when it did not pan out in the amounts of peds that you had expected to get out of it would you not have taken the same action and warn the community that this persone didnt hold up on what they had offered to do and you had indeed upheld your end of the deal when honesty and intergity is in question it does make me feal compelled to warn others that some have no intent or choose to alter agreements after the other party has upheld their ends do i honestly expect that the buyer will honestly uphold their end and pay up no i do not expect that that will honestly will ever occur hince the warning at the begining of this post that some have taken upon themselfs to hijack this warning posting weither this is intional or not on your part i do not know nor really care only thing i wanted to do is warn others of a severe lack of intergity and honesty of others in eu community
Punctuation & Paragraphs For the win!! You make my head hurt!! :D

only thing i wanted to do is warn others of a severe lack of intergity and honesty of others in eu community

Well there are two things:
First "lack of integrity". It's always in place of a general warning against pure scamming. Also a warning about things like always check for market price before you sell something too low. Some people want as much as they can, other wants to sell as fast as possible to free up peds and are willing to take a lesser price. Also something the term "market value" is a very fluent thing: Is it daily value, yearly value? Or is an estimated market value you get by looking on the graphs, removing the "spikes" and trying to extrapolate to try to find the current market value? If it's something that's rarely sold then teh daily (or even weekly) market value can be manipulated (either on purpose, or someone did a "PED transfer" using 1 pec of hide or oil at 10k ped or somene bid 5k ped by mistake on 10 ped worth of cupper because there was no buyout).

Second thing is to doublecheck the intent of trades. Try to make things as clear as possible. Some year ago a beginner here thought he was a smart businessman, decided to arrange auctions, but failed to inform the buyer if the sales price was with or without the TT value and markup.

I guess there might be the language barrier also if buyer and seller have different languages and have a hard time to try to explain in a third language, especially for complex trades. One way to make yourself more easily understood is to divide text into paragraphis and sentences... (sorry, I wasn't awake enough before to read more than the first line in your blocks of text). Also asking questions like, "Will you provide the ESIs needed free of charge or what cost will I pay?".

If you arent' satisifed with the price you gotten and that's why you complain, it's a good idea to mention the details: "I was offered 80%, 800 ped, for a mining skill implant but when I accepted there was only 700 ped in the trade window". Saying "I was offered 70% of the market value but I only got 700 ped" then it either can be a scam, or the parties have different definition about market value - someone might just look at the daily MU and the other takes a look in auction how it looks like there. Or in this case "I only got 100 ped" because it was the skill buyer who provided the ESI and it wasn't paid for in advance. (And when chipping out it's always the gotcha with the skills that are lost during extraction.)

ya and Jon executioner Cox is my ava name formaly top 5 mining according to et and top 10 hunting and top 100 crafting system gave me an error when i created my forum account so i couldnt use my ava name

Your name just sounded familiar because of someone in excons, semi-uber, with a simular name I temhunted with once or twice several years ago, that's why I reacted. Could have been someone else (it was 2008 or so, so way before 2011).

Last edited:
I got realy nothing to add... some may say my prices are low but I never scam people... Many ppl who read this tread says it was not a scam. Once again if I misunderstood with seller I had will to work this out as I didnt want to scam him, but he already reported it to MA so if he want to do it that way its ok, I got nothing to hide. Seller plz go throu You numbers again, You were talking something about 30 000 ped and 80 000 peds... its just redicules...

I got realy nothing to add... some may say my prices are low but I never scam people... Many ppl who read this tread says it was not a scam. Once again if I misunderstood with seller I had will to work this out as I didnt want to scam him, but he already reported it to MA so if he want to do it that way its ok, I got nothing to hide. Seller plz go throu You numbers again, You were talking something about 30 000 ped and 80 000 peds... its just redicules...

Well, in other words:

"I pay almost nothing, but hell no, I never scam people". If you wasn't "a succesful reseller", you would cancel the deal and return everything as they were before the deal, but until that happens your bad reputation remains.

EDIT: "Succesful reseller" means that either you're bad at math or you just play along.

EDIT: Replaced the word scammer, because it might be wrong as I feel that this reseller can be just bad at math according his posts

Last edited:
"I pay almost nothing, but hell no, I never scam people". If you wasn't a scammer, you would cancel the deal and return everything as they were before the deal, but until that happens your bad reputation remains.

Dont listen to this, Trader. You did nothing wrong. Your prices were as stated. The seller seems to have understood this, but is suffering from some sort of sellers remorse.

It is not your fault he accepted the deal. It's his.

Besides, you cant return everything. His skills are already reduced by 10%, and your ESI have already decayed in value.

No, it's best to move on from this. People are sticking their nose in something it does not belong in...

Well, in other words:

"I pay almost nothing, but hell no, I never scam people". If you wasn't a scammer, you would cancel the deal and return everything as they were before the deal, but until that happens your bad reputation remains.

Will you get off your high horse!!!!

He even offered to reverse trade in this very thread, and said through pm and ingame

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: its definitely time to use that ignore button again, i havent done that in a long time

Will you get off your high horse!!!!

He even offered to reverse trade in this very thread, and said through pm and ingame

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: its definitely time to use that ignore button again, i havent done that in a long time

Dont listen to this, Trader. You did nothing wrong. Your prices were as stated. The seller seems to have understood this, but is suffering from some sort of sellers remorse.

It is not your fault he accepted the deal. It's his.

Besides, you cant return everything. His skills are already reduced by 10%, and your ESI have already decayed in value.

No, it's best to move on from this. People are sticking their nose in something it does not belong in...

If you two think that the seller provides the ESI and then we count 70% off that, I can buy your skills any time. It's simple math, and yes to me it looks like a scam.

If you two think that the seller provides the ESI and then we count 70% off that, I can buy your skills any time. It's simple math, and yes to me it looks like a scam.

Added to ignore, no need to reply to any of my posts in the future

Rgds

Ace

Crone has a lot of fun reading this thread. He has no idea what most of it is about, but still.

Actually Crone has his opinion aswell about any subject, so it's not hard to understand he has his own ideas about this one too. Crone would love to make trades at 70% of market values. That is, if market value is to be decided on reasonably. This means high end items are excluded because they are not traded often enough via auction house.

People can call it reselling. Let's say that counts for about every retailer. Even someone selling books makes about 20-40% margin on the book. Probably only food has a pretty low margin. Unless you're selling sandwiches, you can make over 200% margin on those. Think of Bakerstreet and Subway.

Why are people so into blaming the resellers in Entropia? It's normal daily business everywhere.

Anyone who can buy stuff at 70% of the market value is a hero in Crone's book.

More on the subject, 1. deal was closed, 2. it appears, ofcourse Crone can't check, the buyer offered to reverse or share costs somehow, 3. the buyer chose to post in this very thread himself. That's no scammer.

Crone likes a tv-series called "hustle" by the BBC.

Well, in other words:

"I pay almost nothing, but hell no, I never scam people". If you wasn't "a succesful reseller", you would cancel the deal and return everything as they were before the deal, but until that happens your bad reputation remains.

EDIT: "Succesful reseller" means that either you're bad at math or you just play along.

EDIT: Replaced the word scammer, because it might be wrong as I feel that this reseller can be just bad at math according his posts

Care to elaborate on your version of the simple math then? Use very low numbers preferably, as I am not sure I can count beyond 10 in your version of reality.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of your method is that the buyer should have normally made the following transactions for this type of skill purchase:
1. Bought ESI of 100PED TT @ 650% => 100*650%= 650 PED
2. Agreed to purchase the seller's whatnot 90PED TT (90% of 100TT retained post extraction) mining skills with the MV of 1200% at a bargain offer of 70%MV = (90*1200%)*70%= 1080*70%=756PED
3. Computed his total purchase of the skill as 650PED EmptySI + 756PED FilledSI = 1406 PED.
4. Understood that he just bought 96PED TT of a skill with current MV of 1200% on auction for a whopping 1350% in total.
5. Examined the possibility of having a reputation as a scummy reseller and in hopes of pleasing you listed the skill on the auction for a nice value of 1100%, so as to sell the skill quickly.
6. Upon sale at the AH, realised they just lost 240PED on the sale (96PED*1350%=1296PED they paid the original seller, minus the money they got from their scummy resale 96PED*1100%=1056PED).
7. Smoked crack with you to gain a better understanding of basic accounting and quantum mechanics.

Stop calling him scammer. The only scammer here is you for depriving your parents of their hopes and dreams of raising a child who can refrain from pointing fingers and can learn to count.

Last edited:
well as many you have seen the orignial selling post stated that the way the skills were available for sale was that the buyer was to provide or cover the cost of the esi's.
and for the offered amount of 70% of markett value i was to fill the esi's up.( the 70% of markett value was not a solicited amount but the initial offer made by buyer ) in all honesty knowing in my mind that the buyer was covering the cost of the esi's and paying me 70% of markett value of the finial skill implant, im not too great at the math here but to me that spelled a huge advantage to me as the seller and a larger ped card
that was the deal that was accepted that is the deal that has not been fufilled by the buyer. with the benifit of hindsight could i have been more choosey in how i worded it again in game to the buyer yes, but i dont have that magic time machine to go back and do it
for those that have not seen the orignial selling post, that buyer responded to and even in chat you can see where i had mentioned having contacted him but he must have been afk prior to him responding to the selling thread and in my eyes accepting the terms of the sale here it is again
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?228934-SELLING-mining-skills&highlight=

now would i have been happy with a lesser % of markett value if the conditions of the sale had been upheld yes. but thats where some decide to say that the sales thread is null and void. if thats the ad he responded to then the buyer assumed all responsiability of the sales conditions at least in my eyes. obviously everyone is entitled to their own oppinions of, if the deal that was made was cheated, scammed, on the up and up, thats your oppinion and your entitled to it those that think it was on the up and up by all means use him as your personal trader if you so choose i willnot and this thread was posted to warn others of the lack of intergty taht so many of these resellers have. I personially will only use the select few that i have made thousands of trades with and never had any issue of them upholding their end of the trade agreements weither it was resources, gear, or materials
and for those that pointed out my lack of grammer, and punciation obviously it is not my strong point

Last edited:
Stop calling him scammer. The only scammer here is you for depriving your parents of their hopes and dreams of raising a child who can refrain from pointing fingers and can learn to count.

I don't like the tone of your voice, but I ask you: Would you take this kind of deal as a seller? It doesn't make any justice to this if he can't make nice amount of profit. The fact is that OP lost over 1k peds on this deal and he hadn't a clue what he was doing. He thought that the cost of the ESI would be compensated to him later on when he bought the ESI. And, as a matter of fact, when I have done these things the buyer has always either bought an ESI or has used his own, but in this case the seller did put too much faith on his ingame "friend" and didn't ask how would it go. The buyer used the trust/friendship to make profit. I just hope on some fancy day you fall a victim to something as shady as this.

So what im to beleive is this;

The deal was made for 70% markup of the skills, not including the esi(esi costs were a seperate entity)?

But the deal ended up being 70% value of everything?

So what im to beleive is this;

The deal was made for 70% markup of the skills, not including the esi(esi costs were a seperate entity)?

But the deal ended up being 70% value of everything?

the deal was that buyer provided or covered cost of all nessiary esi's and for a fee i provided the skills. the offer was made to pay to the seller 70% of markett value of the skill implants, and buyer to also cover the cost of the esi's. at the end of all the skills when it came time to balance off i walked away with 900 peds from the sell of all the skills sold

Last edited:

Sorry my skills arent for sale.

This isnt a matter of math. This is a matter of the seller accepted the deal knowing full well that he wasnt satisfied with it.

This isnt the buyers problem. It's the sellers for not having the patience to look for a better deal elsewhere.

I don't like the tone of your voice, but I ask you: Would you take this kind of deal as a seller? It doesn't make any justice to this if he can't make nice amount of profit. The fact is that OP lost over 1k peds on this deal and he hadn't a clue what he was doing. He thought that the cost of the ESI would be compensated to him later on when he bought the ESI. And, as a matter of fact, when I have done these things the buyer has always either bought an ESI or has used his own, but in this case the seller did put too much faith on his ingame "friend" and didn't ask how would it go. The buyer used the trust/friendship to make profit. I just hope on some fancy day you fall a victim to something as shady as this.

And I didn't like the tone of yours. It's a big thread, with loads of numbers, yet you still implied the reseller scammed somehow. It's not necessarily a good deal and I wouldn't necessarily take it. Had I wanted the full 100% of my skills I'd buy the ESI myself, chip out and try get those 1200% on the specific skill at the auction within a week. Had I been offered a quick sale from a guy who will the resell them all, I'd expect a cut below that 1200%. Whether a cut to 70% or 80% or 85% is irrelevant and a matter of bargaining.

At no point in time would I assume that the guy is agreeing to some crazy terms where he will pay me 1600% for a skill worth 1200%, just because I feel I should profit more than 1000PED or whatever other imaginary number I'm going to pull out of where the sun doesn't shine.

Had the seller sold the skills to the auction house, he would still not get the 100% of value he dreams he would, as he would first have to spend 650% to buy the ESI. Just because some website tells him his prospecting is worth 4k PED, doesn't mean that is 4k net profit. That will be the sale value LESS the money he's have to pay at the auction to get the blank ESI, of say 2.5k. His profit would then be 1.5k. What this guy here thinks is that he is entitled to the full 4k profit and that buyers should just go ahead and make it happen.

If it isn't like that, that must mean buyer scammed, right? Silly.

forum mods can close this thread
it wasnt opened up for others to begin a debate of what they think should have happened or how the sale should have gone. it was opened as a warning to others to be wary of the others that lack intergty, and honesty and fail to uphold their ends of deals
so newer players or ones doing a sale of any kind beware push the issues more than i obviously did no matter how much you've delt with the other party invloved

Possibly relevant story:

My first week, I got about 100 sweat. At PA, there were sweat buyers, and I asked the price. They said the price for sweat was .7. Wow, I thought, that's 70 ped! I'm rich! After the seller patiently explained to me that .7/sweat was in pec, not ped, my sweat was actually worth 70 pecs, and the regular price was 7 ped per 1000 sweat.

Moral of the story:
My impressions of what I *should* get did not change the reality of what I *did* get, no matter how much I wanted it to be my way.

it wasnt opened up for others to begin a debate of what they think should have happened or how the sale should have gone. it was opened as a warning to others to be wary of the others that lack intergty, and honesty and fail to uphold their ends of deals
so newer players or ones doing a sale of any kind beware push the issues more than i obviously did no matter how much you've delt with the other party invloved

-Moral of the story, before you make a deal, do all the math yourself to make sure you still want to do it.
-And, trust no one, it deals with real money people.
-Double check anything.

Yeah, let us not debate how you accused someone of a scam and perhaps slightly tarnished their reputation for no reason other than your own lack of understanding of the process and what each party ought to have gained from this. It has been explained to you again and again, yet you persist with your own little twist of how it should be as per your dodgy contract terms (which the buyer never agreed to, as per the provided logs?). Instead of bowing out and apologizing to the guy (and maybe even working out a small deal to make things better for yourself financially - and from my understanding even offered to split ESI cost with you after this fiasco, thus rendering any profit he made zero), you still wish to "warn newer players about lack of integrity". Thank you for the warning then, your lack of integrity is noted.

Yeah, let us not debate how you accused someone of a scam and perhaps slightly tarnished their reputation for no reason other than your own lack of understanding of the process and what each party ought to have gained from this. It has been explained to you again and again, yet you persist with your own little twist of how it should be as per your dodgy contract terms (which the buyer never agreed to, as per the provided logs?). Instead of bowing out and apologizing to the guy (and maybe even working out a small deal to make things better for yourself financially - and from my understanding even offered to split ESI cost with you after this fiasco, thus rendering any profit he made zero), you still wish to "warn newer players about lack of integrity". Thank you for the warning then, your lack of integrity is noted.

some just dont seem to understand that if you respond to an ad for an item up for sale at X amount your expecting to pay that amount are you not? so when the buyer responded to the ad for the sale he accepted the terms of the sale. if you dont understand that much of basic econmic principal i cant explain it in any simpler terms where maybe you would or could understand it. as for the reputation i think the lack of willingness to actually pay the agreeded amount speaks for itself, and from the other posts ive read low prices isnt much of a reputation to try to protect. but hey you seem to be such an expert on what the trade deal that oh wait i was invloved in and not you, but you seem to want ot pretend taht you know more about the deal than i do so oh do please tell me, what was the actuall agreement that was responded to on the for sale posting because i apparently don't have a clue but you seem to know everything about the entire trade deal because you were an invloved party right. oh wait thats right you weren't so shut up trying to pretend that you do know because you apparently have no clue. but since you seem to think you know oh so much about everyones deals maybe you even know who howmuch and where the next ath will occur

Last edited:
if the item is worth X amount at the auction he not going to pay more to sell for less

item sold at action 1000 ped he promist you 70% that i find a bit low but to get the 1000 peds he need to buy a esi chip

if he pays for the esi and 70% of the item price at action price total of the 2 esi and what you say he should have paid come to more than what he can

one question

how many poeple buy stuff to looose money for resale only rich people that dont know how to count

it sound like a person that buy a car and has to pay taxes on the price of the car when they come to sell it

they want you to pay the original price of the car plus the taxes that what they thing the car is worth

if the item is worth X amount at the auction he not going to pay more to sell for less

item sold at action 1000 ped he promist you 70% that i find a bit low but to get the 1000 peds he need to buy a esi chip

if he pays for the esi and 70% of the item price at action price total of the 2 esi and what you say he should have paid come to more than what he can

one question

how many poeple buy stuff to looose money for resale only rich people that dont know how to count

it sound like a person that buy a car and has to pay taxes on the price of the car when they come to sell it

they want you to pay the original price of the car plus the taxes that what they thing the car is worth

no and again as ive said numerious times per the selling post buyer was to provide the esi's or cover the cost and for a fee i provided the skills. buyer offered 70% of markett value of the skill implants after responding to the sale ad assuming the cost of the esi's to provide. if he was going to chip it all in resell or whatever was unknown to me and as far as i was concirned was none of my busisness so i never asked.

some just dont seem to understand that if you respond to an ad for an item up for sale at X amount your expecting to pay that amount are you not? so when the buyer responded to the ad for the sale he accepted the terms of the sale. if you dont understand that much of basic econmic principal i cant explain it in any simpler terms where maybe you would or could understand it. as for the reputation i think the lack of willingness to actually pay the agreeded amount speaks for itself, and from the other posts ive read low prices isnt much of a reputation to try to protect. but hey you seem to be such an expert on what the trade deal that oh wait i was invloved in and not you, but you seem to want ot pretend taht you know more about the deal than i do so oh do please tell me, what was the actuall agreement that was responded to on the for sale posting because i apparently don't have a clue but you seem to know everything about the entire trade deal because you were an invloved party right. oh wait thats right you weren't so shut up trying to pretend that you do know because you apparently have no clue. but since you seem to think you know oh so much about everyones deals maybe you even know who howmuch and where the next ath will occur

Let me try this your way. Just because you went to a website and saw that your skills are worth a 1000% of their tt value does not mean that you will get that 1000% as pure net profit after tax as there is a cost of an esi involved in the whole skill business which eats up the 650% of the value of what you expected to get. think of it as the tax. no one in their right mind has or will ever agree or has agreed to randomly stab themselves in the foot just because YOU do not understand the "econmic principal". i may not know where the next ath will occur but i can do basic maths.

Status
Back