Trading: 15 Minutes of Fame

micker

Dominant
Society
Former Gods of Chaos
Mick "Micker" Gould
I'm looking for a few successful Entropia players who would like to be profiled in an upcoming book on RCE (Real Cash Economy) Video Games.

If you are interested, send the following information to patrick@hfconcepts.com

1)Your name
2)Avatar name
3)Your in game profession and some of the successes that you've had in game
4)What sets you apart? Why should you be profiled in this book?

All interviews will be done using Skype software and will take place during the month of September.

Thanks for your interest!

Err, I profit but I wouldn't say I'm "successful" lol.
Maybe you should contact ND :D

Err, I profit but I wouldn't say I'm "successful" lol.
Maybe you should contact ND :D

I'm interested in a variety of players, not just "superstars".

I've successfully pissed away a ton of cash in EU.

Come to think of it, by that standard, I'd say I was probably more successful than 99% of the players in the game.

Does that count? :laugh:

-

I'm interested in a variety of players, not just "superstars".

Errr well, if I gave away the details on how I profit then it would ruin it for me since everybody would start doing it (if they had the patience) and I would no longer profit doing it....Though I could put it simply, I profit through eco hunting :D

Had big ups, downs, seen a lot, done a lot in the little over two years here. .. lots of great ppl though and maybe try the who's who articles for ideas too :)

Errr well, if I gave away the details on how I profit then it would ruin it for me since everybody would start doing it (if they had the patience) and I would no longer profit doing it....Though I could put it simply, I profit through eco hunting :D

Think so.

Sorry, but I keep my secrets... :D

I've successfully pissed away a ton of cash in EU.

Come to think of it, by that standard, I'd say I was probably more successful than 99% of the players in the game.

Does that count? :laugh:

-

I'd say it doesnt count, if only because there isnt an email from you in the mailbox. Had you decided to send it I would have said yes, it does count.

Had big ups, downs, seen a lot, done a lot in the little over two years here. .. lots of great ppl though and maybe try the who's who articles for ideas too :)

Rather than try and contact those avatars and convince them to be interviewed, I'm trying to just work with players that want to be interviewed.

I'd say it doesnt count, if only because there isnt an email from you in the mailbox. Had you decided to send it I would have said yes, it does count.

It was only a joke, but that brings up a good question. What do you consider "successful"? Does it only involve making profits? Or is it more of a general reaching your goals kind of thing?

It would really be nice to hear stories from players who successfully created businesses in and around EU that didn't involve eco-hunting, loot, or being an auction whore. You would think there must be a few by now.

Last edited:
It was only a joke, but that brings up a good question. What do you consider "successful"? Does it only involve making profits? Or is it more of a general reaching your goals kind of thing?

It would really be nice to hear stories from players who successfully created businesses in and around EU that didn't involve eco-hunting, loot, or being an auction whore. You would think there must be a few by now.

Successful... How about we define it as... one year after starting the game, you're still here and still having fun.

If ur still here after 1 year, then its for addiction not fun ;)

Successful... How about we define it as... one year after starting the game, you're still here and still having fun.

I think that is one of the best descriptions of success that I have seen on this forum. Good luck with your project.

Posted via Mobile Device

I like the idea! Let us know how it goes-keep us updated! :D I dont think Im successful enough :)

*edit* I am intrigued now :p Ill give you a pm when I get back on monday :)

I've gotten some great responses from this. I am still looking for a few specifics though. If anyone knows someone who deals in EU real estate or a mall owner, please send them my way as I would really like to interview them.

bump for FAME! :wtg::yay::wtg:

lol why successful players?

what about the whiners and losers?

hehe boring... and shop owners are exciting? set something WAYYY above normal MU and walk away...

Ohhh Shiver.

I think you should interview really unsuccessful players as well as successful players so the book is not bias. Maybe you could start a poll that asks if people have made profit or lost in entropia and post the outcome in your book too.

wasnt there recently an article done on Da ? he would probably be a good one to start with !

Back