Question: Trapping Exploit, How long does it take to fix?

ma id not fixing it because there not loosing any money most of the people doing it cant even kill the mob alone

so there making money on the amo and decays of the gun

the problem is its not posted on the login screen before you enter AND not all poeple that play are on this for or others i only log on this forum i doo beleive was 2 year after i started palying

so i would have use all enverioment things that could have use to survive longer to be able to kill the creature

the votol easy to fix put a timer 1 min before you enter oH dam the healor would get kill did they have vtol in vu9

i dont do it

i say play the way you can the cheapest you can if they can fix the problem it there problem

i seen too many way poeple can take advantage of loot in there favor this is a small drop in the bucket

MA's Statement from Argo "starter pack" event.

The Argonaut Scout creature are a relatively low level mob but they can nonetheless be a challenge to new players. To counter this you can team up with other players and use different roles as riflemen, Healers (FAP) and even escape vehicle drivers

To counter this you can team up with other players and use different roles as riflemen, Healers (FAP) and even escape vehicle drivers

use different roles as riflemen, Healers (FAP) and even escape vehicle drivers

and even escape vehicle drivers

It's a shame about the trapping logic though. But then again. You can basicly hunt every creature without healing / armor decay without resorting to trappin.

And MA can't do shait with their statement of "Escape vehicle drivers"

Guess VTOL hunting is allowed after all? Or is it just "cars"?

Why is everybody complicating this? The fix for vehicle hunting was there when they originally introduced them.

I never understood why they stopped having creatures to attack vehicles.. It was the only logical way of having vehicles in-game..

They do attack ground vehicles. Having mobs aggro on flying vehicles has other potential issues, but i do agree that having mobs aggro flying vehicles while on the ground would help.

While it might be not easy to change AI or other factors to not break game in other places, there is really easy fix that MA refuses to use!

It is really simple as that:
1. Clearly state in CL, Dev Notes and other places that trapping is illegal and will be punishable. Make it explicit so people don't say "oh I thought it was just smart tactics".
2. As a Game Master (invisible mode so exploiters think they are alone) inspect usual spots occasionally.
3. Inspect logs of people who was reported. I'm sure it's easy to tell if somebody exploits or not (vehicle entered in between damage inflicted, no or unusually little times damage taken on big mobs).
4. Punish those caught and reported (verified cases). First time with couple days temp ban and yellow card. Next time with red card and permanent ban!

100% agree. I believe it would be better business for MA to take a hard line against exploits and dedicate a few man-hours to policing it and locking leeches than to continue as they have.

It was like that in past, no? Like guy who got ATH from trapped spider?

Unfortunately, i don't think he got banned at all, if we're thinking of the same incident. It created quite a lot of upset players at the time and he left forum for a long time, but i think he was active in-game.

I bet it would took only few banned exploiters to stop that problem completely.

As of now MA's message is that it is allowed so maybe we should use this tactics as well instead being stupid and generate decay?

Yup.

MA's Statement from Argo "starter pack" event.

The Argonaut Scout creature are a relatively low level mob but they can nonetheless be a challenge to new players. To counter this you can team up with other players and use different roles as riflemen, Healers (FAP) and even escape vehicle drivers

To counter this you can team up with other players and use different roles as riflemen, Healers (FAP) and even escape vehicle drivers

use different roles as riflemen, Healers (FAP) and even escape vehicle drivers

and even escape vehicle drivers

It's a shame about the trapping logic though. But then again. You can basicly hunt every creature without healing / armor decay without resorting to trappin.

And MA can't do shait with their statement of "Escape vehicle drivers"

Guess VTOL hunting is allowed after all? Or is it just "cars"?

I was going to write, that i cannot believe, people actually believe "Escape vehicle drivers" gives them permission to use exploits. Then again i suppose people really can be.......

Rgds

Ace

imo ma should made an statement that trapping isnt forbidden then the playingfield is leveled again for all...and thne maybe ma is forced to make better program to avoid trapping being possible

in my test when i was hunting proterong going backwards with speed bottle, theyt could not reach me. But i noticed, that proteron gave me low return if i do not let him hit me once.

maby that is secret weapon from mindark , giving low return if you do not hit by target mob.
We can all agree i think that when you shoot a mob, the dmg you inflict on it gets converted into some kind of variable used in calculating the loot, perhaps the same goes for dmg inflicted by the mob on the avatar shooting, and weither it is absorbed by armor or avatar hp makes no difference?

Given that MA is better at vague statements than at decisive action, maybe they should simply make a vague statement re: this to make more people believe trapping isn't worth it.

...or maybe ktpsmf is for a change right and that's the reason MA doesn't care much.

MA has a history of non-action of dealing with exploiters.... except for perhaps the wormhole exploit where they overshot their action.

What is worse is that PCF wouldn't allow you to post any pics of someone exploiting either... further compounding the problem... just like they won't let anyone post how someone ripped people off for tune of about 300,000PEDs, leaving several people vulnerable to that scam.

totally agree that is rly not so simple fix,

maby that is secret weapon from mindark , giving low return if you do not hit by target mob.

With the mob exploit I am referring to that is not the case. Almost all of the large loots from this mob have been taken by exploiters. Felt to me like they were being rewarded with loot for not taking any damage.

With the mob exploit I am referring to that is not the case. Almost all of the large loots from this mob have been taken by exploiters. Felt to me like they were being rewarded with loot for not taking any damage.

yes,same with that guy that used vtol on wl and got full esi in hof,i forgot his name

MA has a history of non-action of dealing with exploiters.... except for perhaps the wormhole exploit where they overshot their action.

What is worse is that PCF wouldn't allow you to post any pics of someone exploiting either... further compounding the problem... just like they won't let anyone post how someone ripped people off for tune of about 300,000PEDs, leaving several people vulnerable to that scam.

300k scam??? What's this about?

yes,same with that guy that used vtol on wl and got full esi in hof,i forgot his name

And he, yes I remember the name, only got punished because he inadvertently incriminated himself by posting screenies of his loot which show the vtol exploit.

That's one of the reason that I have started this thread. After 7 months of inaction from MA I figured some public pressure might get some response or resolution.

If you mean the one whose name I don't remember as well, he was temp banned for that hunt.

So I have modified another time my hunting tactics there. People who was there the last weeks should already have seen this (oh yes, and already tried to complain about this for sure legal tactic too).

I am hiding on one side of a box or whatever and when the Vanguard can focus me, I run to the other side. This way it is possible to avoid most of the attack. Sure, some hits are coming when it is laggy. Also the bubbles are doing a bit of damage every now and than.

This way, I have for sure much less Armour decay than a "stand and shoot" guy - also much more work on my keyboard & mouse.

I'd like to see this new "Tactic" of yours in action.

I have not checked but I am almost sure I have posted it here.

Just make the freaking factory a PVP area = problem solved ;)

Of course not fully, but it's the easiest quick fix that at least makes it harder for people to exploit 24/7 >D

So don't demand MA to spend month fixing the stuff, rather demand a quick "enable pvp" fix ;)

Why does MA not fix exploits in a timely manner or remove the mob if they can't fix it?
It's been almost 7 months since I reported a trapping exploit to support. Do they just not care?

i dont know, all i know is a havent purchased bot armor in a looong time

sounds like smart gameplay to me - actually moving around to avoid damage? gasp!

I have not checked but I am almost sure I have posted it here.

Just make the freaking factory a PVP area = problem solved ;)

Of course not fully, but it's the easiest quick fix that at least makes it harder for people to exploit 24/7 >D

So don't demand MA to spend month fixing the stuff, rather demand a quick "enable pvp" fix ;)

That would help but it's not a fix.

IMO just turn on the trapping logic would be easiest.

i dont know, all i know is a havent purchased bot armor in a looong time

huh? You don't buy bot armor? I don't understand

sounds like smart gameplay to me - actually moving around to avoid damage? gasp!

Moving to avoid the aoe energy bombs is ofc smart game play. Trapping a mob so it can't hit you is an exploit.

That would help but it's not a fix.

IMO just turn on the trapping logic would be easiest.

huh? You don't buy bot armor? I don't understand

Moving to avoid the aoe energy bombs is ofc smart game play. Trapping a mob so it can't hit you is an exploit.

I am hiding on one side of a box or whatever and when the Vanguard can focus me, I run to the other side. This way it is possible to avoid most of the attack. Sure, some hits are coming when it is laggy. Also the bubbles are doing a bit of damage every now and than.

'nuff said, not trapping

'nuff said, not trapping

What people say and what people do can be two totally different things. That's why I would like to see this tactic in action.

He admitted that he use to trap them but to many people complained about him so he changed his 'tactics'

huh? You don't buy bot armor? I don't understand.

i dont need it since i wont be hunting those again until they fix the exploit

i dont need it since i wont be hunting those again until they fix the exploit

Which means never.

You've got some socs led by people who do this regularly.

So what is fix for it ? is there any suggestion how it could be fixed ?

Maybe give that mob a weapon so it has a bigger hit range like 40 meters, lol

Maybe give that mob a weapon so it has a bigger hit range like 40 meters, lol

It's shot are being blocked my objects when it's trapped. The mob has 50+meter range so that isn't a fix.

TURN ON THE ANTI-TRAPPING LOGIC AGAIN?

I still don't understand why this is such a hard issue to fix.

I don't claim to be a game programmer so maybe I am missing something here.

It's shot are being blocked my objects when it's trapped. The mob has 50+meter range so that isn't a fix.

TURN ON THE ANTI-TRAPPING LOGIC AGAIN?

I still don't understand why this is such a hard issue to fix.

I don't claim to be a game programmer so maybe I am missing something here.

yes the gun comment was a joke.

One of my socmates had a video of a uber trapping them solo!

suggestion: make the whole universe a flat, barren expanse. no trapping if nothing to trap on :thumbup:

suggestion: make the whole universe a flat, barren expanse. no trapping if nothing to trap on :thumbup:

i know you said it jokingly,but i would love an all flat empty planet,just open range and thick spawns,mindless grinding..love it :)

i know you said it jokingly,but i would love an all flat empty planet,just open range and thick spawns,mindless grinding..love it :)

That's the way I like it too

Back