Help: Traveling to RT

Hello.
I would like to travel to RockTropia.

Anyone can help me?It should cost me about 20ped or so?
Where should I seek for transportation?

the cost will depend on how quick and / or safe you want your trip to be
you should be able to catch a quad taxi from Caly at twins for around 10 ped , trip will take about 30 mins and you will probably get shot down by pirates at least once.

you can also get a warp flight on a mothership or privateer , watch out in space_travel channel for people plugging their service.

for 20 ped you will be able to hire one of the equus quad owners who also advertise in space_travel but you have a weight restriction with those.

A warp trip takes about 30 seconds and you can TP down from the space station . TP cost is 7 ped .

or in the case of an equus they can fly you directly into the planet.

Be aware that if you carry stackable loot in your inventory and you get shot down and killed you will lose it all to a pirate.

So if you want to take loot with you carefully consider your options.

The cost is:
- about 3.50 PED if you fly by your Sleipnir (~0.90 PED fuel, 0.20 PED thruster decay, 2.00 landing fee, plus some MU on the first two items),
- 5...9 PED if you take a "quad taxi", and
- 14...17 PED if you take a scheduled mothership ride (EFA ftw) (which you should do if carrying stackables) (7...10 PED ride + 7 PED tp down)

The cost is:
- about 3.50 PED if you fly by your Sleipnir (~0.90 PED fuel, 0.20 PED thruster decay, 2.00 landing fee, plus some MU on the first two items),
- 5...9 PED if you take a "quad taxi", and
- 14...17 PED if you take a scheduled mothership ride (EFA ftw) (which you should do if carrying stackables) (7...10 PED ride + 7 PED tp down)

I wont be taking any stackables with me.Just my weapons,armour,faps and thats all.Ammo will buy there.

Can you explain more how i could go there with my own sleipnir?

You need:
  • Space Thruster (L); (5.00 PED max tt value, 160% or so; decay is 0.10 PED on exiting and entering planet atmosphere)
  • Vehicle RK-5 (L) and a bit of Welding Wire (for the case you get shot by pirates; probability of that is below 10% as they're usually sane enough not to waste ammo on Sleipnirs; still, it's better to travel during off hours like European morning hours)
  • enough fuel (it's about 0.90 PED to RT and 1.40 PED to Ark but more is better) and some PED on your card.

Ammo, survey probes and welding wire are safe to transport through space.

You just go vertically up at any place of Calypso until being asked "do you wish to enter space?"; then point your ship a bit left of Roctropia SS (in space you can hold down right mouse button to rotate the ship; I find it easier in 1st person view and setting a waypoint) and go; once you're past FOMA, you can go afk for half an hour or so. Upon confirming "do you wish to land on Rocktropia?" you just go vertically down.

Make sure you have space and RT downloaded before you go.

You need:
  • Space Thruster (L); (5.00 PED max tt value, 160% or so; decay is 0.10 PED on exiting and entering planet atmosphere)
  • Vehicle RK-5 (L) and a bit of Welding Wire (for the case you get shot by pirates; probability of that is below 10% as they're usually sane enough not to waste ammo on Sleipnirs; still, it's better to travel during off hours like European morning hours)
  • enough fuel (it's about 0.90 PED to RT and 1.40 PED to Ark but more is better) and some PED on your card.

Ammo, survey probes and welding wire are safe to transport through space.

You just go vertically up at any place of Calypso until being asked "do you wish to enter space?"; then point your ship a bit left of Roctropia SS (in space you can hold down right mouse button to rotate the ship; I find it easier in 1st person view and setting a waypoint) and go; once you're past FOMA, you can go afk for half an hour or so. Upon confirming "do you wish to land on Rocktropia?" you just go vertically down.

Make sure you have space and RT downloaded before you go.

All good info in the above posts however
this part is not :

(for the case you get shot by pirates; probability of that is below 10% as they're usually sane enough not to waste ammo on Sleipnirs

Pirates WILL attack you no matter what and a Sleipnir is cannon fodder to them and costs them very little to check if you are carrying lootable items or not.

8AU left till i reach RT.
Got shot down once :D Im just intrested how much it costed him to shoot me and get 0 loot :)

8AU left till i reach RT.
Got shot down once :D Im just intrested how much it costed him to shoot me and get 0 loot :)

did you count his shots including misses , its 40 pec a shot

I can give you a quad taxi for 7PED, if you like. Just PM me or add me in-game.

All good info in the above posts however
this part is not :

(for the case you get shot by pirates; probability of that is below 10% as they're usually sane enough not to waste ammo on Sleipnirs

Pirates WILL attack you no matter what and a Sleipnir is cannon fodder to them and costs them very little to check if you are carrying lootable items or not.

I've lost count of how many times I've traveled and been shot only twice (both times at Caly SS though). "Below 10%" was a cautious estimate, actual stats are yet lower. Of course, on Friday night probability is likely higher, but generally pirates are lazy.

It's however possible that orange sleips get shot more often than my darkish one. :)

I've lost count of how many times I've traveled and been shot only twice (both times at Caly SS though). "Below 10%" was a cautious estimate, actual stats are yet lower. Of course, on Friday night probability is likely higher, but generally pirates are lazy.

It's however possible that orange sleips get shot more often than my darkish one. :)

I get shot down in my quad almost every time. Might have something to do with the fact that I look for pirates and fly by them/bump into them as I leave SS. Not sure though...

I get shot down in my quad almost every time. Might have something to do with the fact that I look for pirates and fly by them/bump into them as I leave SS. Not sure though...
Or rather with the fact there are people willing to take the risk of transporting stackables in their quads but hardly anyone is stupid enough to do so in a sleip. Hence, by travelling by sleip you let them know you have no stackables.

Or rather with the fact there are people willing to take the risk of transporting stackables in their quads but hardly anyone is stupid enough to do so in a sleip. Hence, by travelling by sleip you let them know you have no stackables.

Well, such reasoning would make anyone who tries to fool the pirates use a sleipnir. On top of that, someone who is switching planet in a sleipnir rather than a quad is more likely to lack knowledge about the game and hence carry stuff.

I believe there is plenty of incentives for a pirate to shoot down sleipnirs. I will get one myself and try.

The last time I went into space, I announced to all the pirates in local chat that I had no loot and not to bother attacking me.

They didn't believe me and shot me down.

They looted 1 common dung. :(

Well, such reasoning would make anyone who tries to fool the pirates use a sleipnir. On top of that, someone who is switching planet in a sleipnir rather than a quad is more likely to lack knowledge about the game and hence carry stuff.

I believe there is plenty of incentives for a pirate to shoot down sleipnirs. I will get one myself and try.

tryed it yesterday , got shot down after 20 seconds in pvp

Back