Trouble re-syncing gold card - new GC interface?

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
Having a bit of trouble getting into the game. My reader spazed and my passcode GC got out of sync with the servers. Not an issue, this has happened before and usually I just get asked to enter one extra code to re-sync.... Now, instead I have a new screen asking for 2 codes. I put the 2 codes in no problem, but it just asks for 2 more and 2 more and so on to the point I'm thinking something is broken at MA's end.

index.php

Anyone else had this? Is it something like maybe I got temp locked and it's just looping and will be OK tomorrow?

Thanks for advice if anyone had this before.

Wistrel

Spotted this on their web page. If it still isn't working tomorrow will have to try them...

I can no longer log in since I have entered too many incorrect Security Codes​

Due to security reasons, you only have three attempts before your Gold Card becomes unsynchronized with the verification system. You will then be asked to resynchronize the Card. By following the normal login process, a new window will appear that requests you to enter two consecutive Security Codes in order to resynchronize with the verification system.
If you fail to synchronize your Gold Card, please generate two consecutive Security Codes with your Gold Card and add these in a Support Case sent to the Entropia Support. Please do NOT generate any further codes until the support staff has confirmed that your Gold Card is synchronized.

Step 1: Ask support to remove gold card from your account. You’ll need to provide proof of identity. This will take couple hours.

Step 2: Download entropia pocket / another authentication app. Re-enable 2fa on your account. This will take couple minutes.

Step 3: welcome to 2024

Step 4: Burn the gold card while facing north and do the ATH dance for guaranteed TT profit in 2024.

I found the goldcard to be a secure and reliable system providing a real 2nd factor.
Most cellphones these days have questionable security, especially when not patched and if you use the same device to login to the website where your authenticator lives its not really a 2nd factor.
If you took care of your Goldcard the battery in the reader lasts over a decade and the card itself is pretty indestructible. In the same time I went through at least three Cellphones, replacing the display on one of them once too.

I've reported posts that do not address the question. Please keep responses related to gold card sync issues only.

Just contact support and provide the last two consecutive codes generated by your GC, provide proof of identity if they request it.

We are just peasant forum dwellers, can't help much more.

I've reported posts that do not address the question. Please keep responses related to gold card sync issues only.
Just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean they don’t address you question.

Alternatives have been provided to get a fix that will work better. Up to you if you take it.

Some may not know if you switched away from the old Gold Card system and activated the iPhone/Android App 2FA and later disable it, you revert to your old Gold Card. If your GC is broken/dead MA Support will have to remove the GC protection manually.

Activating the 2FA App does not completely replace the Gold Card. It is "in front" of the Gold Card. Keep your Gold Card in case you ever need to disable your phone 2FA and do not want to wait for MA Support to assist.

Step 1: Ask support to remove gold card from your account. You’ll need to provide proof of identity. This will take couple hours.
Step 2: Download entropia pocket / another authentication app. Re-enable 2fa on your account. This will take couple minutes.
Step 3: welcome to 2024
Step 4: Burn the gold card while facing north and do the ATH dance for guaranteed TT profit in 2024.
Step 5: Ask MindArk to reinstantiate the gold card security system, citing offline devices' superior security guarantees which motivated the creation of cryptocurrency hardware wallets as a safer alternative to software wallets right around the time MindArk was switching from hardware to software.
Step 6: Buy gold card security system from TT.
Step 7: welcome to 2027

Just contact support and provide the last two consecutive codes generated by your GC, provide proof of identity if they request it.

We are just peasant forum dwellers, can't help much more.
OK done. Will see if they can sort it.

Some may not know if you switched away from the old Gold Card system and activated the iPhone/Android App 2FA and later disable it, you revert to your old Gold Card. If your GC is broken/dead MA Support will have to remove the GC protection manually.

Activating the 2FA App does not completely replace the Gold Card. It is "in front" of the Gold Card. Keep your Gold Card in case you ever need to disable your phone 2FA and do not want to wait for MA Support to assist.
This is really useful info to know about. The GC is fine (actually its working perfectly now). Hopefully they can sort the re-sync.

I've now resolved this and added a write up of the experience here: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/thre...een-looping-new-re-sync-ui.23325/#post-142068 (sorry it's just easier to add images on that forum).

The TL;DR though is Don't allow your Gold Card to go out of Sync. MA can no longer re-sync it via a support case even though there is still advice on their website about sending in 2 codes so support can do a re-sync.

Alas then the only option was to deactivate it via MA support by submitting ID documentation. Even after the card gets deactivated by them, you can't reactivate it, even though there is still an option on the website to do so.

Also, if you already have the GC activated, you can't add Entropia Pocket "on top of it" if the card has already gone out of sync, as you need an accepted code to access the 2FA part of the support website.

Ah well... I guess all good things must come to an end

Wistrel

Back