• Don't care, Let the buyer beware!

Votes: 35 33.0%

• Total voters

Fire Firemaiden

Old Alpha
Society
Disturbed Beer Drinkers
Firemaiden
This little problem seems like it could be fixed quite easily by the powers that be....mainly people selling TT stuff in auction to try and con some poor unsuspecting noob into parting with their hard earned sweat monies!!

When I was super noob anything I purchased was extremely looked over at any site that I could get any info from. I would spend 30 mins looking up item info for a 2ped purchase :) Its the only way to learn if you ask me.

what problem?

What he said :D
Do you think the sellers make up for the peds they pay in auction fees? I dont, and I like the thought of cash dropping back into the system.

And if a new player heads to the auction and buy an opalo, how much has he/she lost? Id say that the person have learned not to trust other entropians with his/her peds(good thing).
If on the other hand the person is buying a TT weapon for TT+10 or more you need to ask yourself why. Most likely because of the rate in the history, thinking something like "Wow I can make a quick buck here!". And if you go into the trading/investing part without checking reliable sources then you got nobody to blame but yourself.

Yes!

I think it is so stupid that tt-items can be sold at auc..

Also a minimum-ttvalue on the items so u cant sell an almost empty rifle in au.

Few days ago I saw Sollomate Opallo starting at 5000ped; I don't think anybody will pay that no matter how noob they are.

I think there are only two possibilities here:

1. Money laundering
2. Transfer of peds to a second ava owned by the same person.

or a 3rd option you missed

3. Transfer of peds to another avatar of the same society that is in a different time zone and never meets online at the same time.

I've done this before. Nobody has ever screwed up and bought the over priced item but the person it was intended for.

"back in the day" auction was a cheap storage for folks that camped at CND too. :)

I would not like to tell you how many times during my EU life I have had to explain to some poor unsuspecting player that he cannot repair the item he just bought because it is (L) and is totally burnt.

I think that TT items and broken (L) items should not be able to be sold on auction.

If you really want to transfer ped to another ava there are plenty of items that you can use. I used to transfer using 1 can of paint or 1 hide via auction to my daughter when I was on CND and she was on the planet.

I would like to see MA take a proactive stand instead of the well you will learn from your mistakes attitude.

Many dont have a GOOD mentor who will inform them of these sorts of things.
My mentor told me to TT my gold way back when because according to them there were no blueprints that used it rofl.

Some things in the TT are too expensive for n00bs to buy at full tt value so an auction price is better for their sweat-earned-budget... I have no problem with it what so ever...

Like mentioned above, buyer beware :p

Some things in the TT are too expensive for n00bs to buy at full tt value

such as?

To the main topic:
I agree with the sentiment, but cannot see it happening. as echo stated some people use TT items as a means of transferring PED. better TT items than *actual* items. Also things like weapon amps used to be TT but now are not. How would the system handle that case?

other auction things i would like:

have a personal list of 'blacklisted traders' that excludes all items from avatars you refuse to buy from.
a daily kneecapping for every reseller whose only intention is to limit access to fair-priced items that a real player could otherwise have used(found one trolling trhough emerald.... agility of 2. Multiaccount for sure. Sure there are other widely known resellers, but they at least went and hunted for a month or so b4 giving up...whether it was autoskilling is another question entirely)
A limit to the number of bids you can place at any one time (or is there one already and i don't know about? (most likely)).

Just think before you speak..

You are like :"there is a problem" "Its unfair to noobs" "TT stuff must remain in the TT" "Broken Limited must not be on the auction"

well?

Broken limited MUST be on the auction, so some people who want to have an items for their home or shop can buy it at a very low TT
-The ones who buy a broken L to hunt with just learned a lesson.. wich could have bin learned after READING the description of the item they wanted to buy the greedy bastards;p

TT stuff is quite allot for some noobs and you may buy TT stuff for low TT with a small TT+ thats great !!
I wish I could buy a tailoring refiner when im low on peds for just a couple of peds instead of 15
-People are always so defensive at those noobs who buy something that is overpriced in your eyes.. I dont see why? Does the noob know he is buying something overpriced? Where is his or her mentor> How come he doesnt know? Didn't he go research? well its not up to you.. Its the noob who lacks interest in researching. Mayb the noob is lazy or he knows what he is doing and buys it.. As I mentioned before I would love to be able to get some tt stuff cheaper when im low on peds..

There is no problem.. you are asuming there is..

btw if someone does feel scammed or what so ever its for a few pecs only.. lesson learned.. that lesson doesnt come any cheaper so value it=)

Last edited:
Cap TT items in auction so that the max price can be no greater than TT of the fully repaired item. That would allow noobs to purchase used equipment at a reduced rate and still prevent resellers from robbing noobs.

AG

Some of the tools... don't know which ones cos I don't buy anything but ammo and toxic shots from TT...

I did get pwned a long time ago by buying an Aa implant for tt+30... serves me right ;)

Some of the tools... don't know which ones cos I don't buy anything but ammo and toxic shots from TT...

I did get pwned a long time ago by buying an Aa implant for tt+30... serves me right ;)

ah yeah the 'luxury tools' the implanter 15ped, the Aa chip is 6ped i believe (and you only ever need it for T-chip....which if u can afford...u can afford TT tools!)

the tailoring refiner is on the expensive side(15ped also), but boy it lasts for ever. (@25%, used since the beginning of 9.1 + earlier). But i would think someone who is looting that much that they need the goot isn't too worried about the cost of the refiner compared to their loot.

note the TT tools such as ju10 and z1 are ~4ped each, the mineral & ore refiners 2ped

I don't see a problem with it. Say you have a newbie who doesn't want to depo before trying the game out a bit more. If said newbie wants to try out Melee (I think the sword and fist are both about 12-15PED) he's looking at spending quite a few hours worth of PED. The Auction lets him try it out. Then he isn't spending so much PED that he might quickly decide is better spent on ammo.

I got my TT sword from Auction. It was low value. I knew the sword decayed worse than the opalo, but I wanted to see how it was for myself. Cause lets face it swords and other Melee are way cooler looking than guns ;)

Yah for the most part it's buyer beware but taking advantage of new players is still wrong (on this issue). I also agree there needs to be a system fix for the 5-7 or more ped left on (L) items & a way to stop players selling 'broken' (L) items on auction. Even slightly more experienced players that have graduated to a new level weapon try to get a cheapy to test out not knowing that the 5.30 ped Korrs they paid 120% markup on will never work.

I'm against it. TT items should just be dumped back into the TT for the remaining value, not attempted to be sold in auction for profit. You buy your Opalo and Settler armor, use it for a few weeks before you decide it's junk? Recycle the remainder back to the TT. Trying to sell those TT items for a few measly PECs in between the full TT value and the existing value is a waste of auction resources. There's no reason why that crap should take up disk space on a server that could be a lot more responsive were they not there.

As far as broken-down (L) items goes..i'm kind of torn. On the one hand, maybe some people want to buy broken guns for display at their apartment, but on the other hand, lots of unsuspecting noobs will buy them and expect them to work, even if just for a little while, only to be disappointed. But you see, that becomes a problem in itself. If those guns were unable to be auctioned when broken, that just means they'd be auctioned with 10 PECs remaining. Same difference, really; where does one draw the line between what's broken and what's ALMOST broken? :confused: So I say "Buyer Beware" when it comes to (L) stuff.

But TT items should plain and simple not be allowed to be auctioned off. Spare us the disk space for things a lot more important than this blatant attempt to win a few measly PECs' profit.

Those people saying that they would like broken (L) items for display obviously have never tried to drop one in their appartment.........

The message *this item has too low value to be dropped*

Unless MA have fixed this since the last time I tried to drop a broken item for display.

And not being able to drop your pet deed because the value says too low.

Maybe if MA would only allow any tt items to be sold for no more than +2 ped.

I've bought low tt MF implants that were +1 before for disciples.

Imagine if you were noob.
I'd rather spend the 400 sweat in the + amount, than 4400 sweat for the 20 ped full tt implant.

I see a problem with manipulators selling basic equipment (available at TT) at insane high markups to manipulate up the price history!
I have heard of scammers that offered Opallo for + 20 PED to new players, refering to price history and stating what a good deal that is getting this gun that cheap.

As long there are TT items at auction sold above +100 PED, i continue to sell my used of TT items at very low buyouts to work against that price history manipulators and real scammers.

I don´t know who is buying all my used of TT knifes and fists, but it gets most times sold at low markups around +0.60 to +1.00. I sold some opallos at -0.80 up to +1.20, too.

Damn MA should just set pricehistory for TT items fixed to +0.00 and that shouldn´t change if anything is sold at auction above that!
An additional info to this items that it is available at TT in the itemsinfo window would be fine, too.

As long MA doesn´t something like that there will always be scammers that scam PEDs from new players.

TT stuff should be availible in auction

I think the tt stuff should be availible in the auction. Mainly for two reasons:

1. Possibility to buy decayed tt equipment with a cheaper entry price than from the tt. Eg the rifles and handguns found at the armsdealer.

2. Possibility to trade stuff previously avalible from tt. Time changes and so does the tt gear....

The charts showing prices and number of sold items indicates whats a reasonable price for an item

The charts showing prices and number of sold items indicates whats a reasonable price for an item

So you thing TT+200 is a reasonable price for an Opalo?

Damn this pricehistory sucks! There has never been a reasonable pricehistory for opalos, as the manipulations started when MA stated that an ingame price history will be implemented. There where several threads about that issue befor the VU that brought up the price history feature, nothing happened MA sided.
So its still up to the comunity to work against this manipulators.

lol i once bought an tt implant from auction coz didnt remember they could be bought from tt :F right after purchase i remembered it lol... it was +1ped tho so not huge loss :F

I just bought to Ore-Amp_light Bps some days ago: in auction for 1 ped that i could have got from technican for 1pec *lmao*

I agree 100% on: broken L Items should not be sellable via auction!

I agree 75% on: TT items should not be sellable via auction - that low TT item that you might be able to buy in auction for < 1ped + is an argument to allow it!

But poor noobs who sweat their ass off to buy an Opalo for +10, that is a shame - hmmm maybe auction price for TT Items should never exeed the full tt price of that item!

RE: (L) Items price manipulation

What iwth VU 9.2 This problem has been solved. Thanks MA! :yay:

But we can't drop stones,fruit or dung now... this could be an interesting weight problem if we decide to pick up our finds or not :\

RE: (L) Items price manipulation

What iwth VU 9.2 This problem has been solved. Thanks MA! :yay:

But we can't drop stones,fruit or dung now... this could be an interesting weight problem if we decide to pick up our finds or not :\

u cant drop dung anymore? wtf... need to watch out for dung piles then so wont pick em even accidently..

u cant drop dung anymore? wtf... need to watch out for dung piles then so wont pick em even accidently..

You can drop it in piles of 1000 (1000 dung=1 PEC) or more. But apart from humour value there's never been any reason to pick it up :laugh:

ah yeah the 'luxury tools' the implanter 15ped, the Aa chip is 6ped i believe (and you only ever need it for T-chip....which if u can afford...u can afford TT tools!)

the tailoring refiner is on the expensive side(15ped also), but boy it lasts for ever. (@25%, used since the beginning of 9.1 + earlier). But i would think someone who is looting that much that they need the goot isn't too worried about the cost of the refiner compared to their loot.

note the TT tools such as ju10 and z1 are ~4ped each, the mineral & ore refiners 2ped

Aa is like 21 or 22 ped from tt, id take one with 5 ped left on it for +5

I just bought to Ore-Amp_light Bps some days ago: in auction for 1 ped that i could have got from technican for 1pec *lmao*

I agree 100% on: broken L Items should not be sellable via auction!

I agree 75% on: TT items should not be sellable via auction - that low TT item that you might be able to buy in auction for < 1ped + is an argument to allow it!

But poor noobs who sweat their ass off to buy an Opalo for +10, that is a shame - hmmm maybe auction price for TT Items should never exeed the full tt price of that item!

Seriously, after spendiing many hours sweating, the new player does something stupid with him money, gets frustrated and quits. I'm not sure removing tt items from the auction will stop this. Mabey he buys an overpriced jester at swamp camp, mabey an over priced tt sword. Whatever stupid move he makes, he will eaither learn or give up. I'm fairly certain most players quit after a day or two because EU is not the game they thought it was. I doubt that a 10 ped mistake(lets remeber this is losing a dollar) is going to drive away many players who would otherwise get addicted. Most of us probably make mistakes of this magnitude many times and hopefully learn not to repeat it.

Back