TT Terminal a Loot Pool Killer !?

The Rising Star

Provider
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Saibex
I was reading Strash'es mining blog from page one and got to a point where someone ( a well known miner etc, who's name now escapes me) mentioned that he's ava's loot might depend on the amount of probes he bought from the tt machine. ie : Spend more at the tt machine to buff "personal loot account"

I want to hear from those of you who believe "You get OUT what you put IN". Do you guys think or know whether selling stuff to the tt machine might affect my ava's "personal loot" account if this theory was indeed true?. Or does tt stuff go straight to the general loot pool or MA? Ie : Would i be "potentially" better off using everything i get as apposed to selling resources to tt or otherwise to buff my "loot account" !?

I am not a total believer in this theory, so dont assume i have accepted this theory. it is just a question :)

Last edited:
In before R4tt3x theory!

Imho selling/buying to TT does absolutly nothing to your lootpool ;). "Spending" TT value does. So for example stupidly droping 100 bombs in one spot without any claim might fill your lootpool ;).
Selling to TT you get exactly the same TT amount back in peds. Buying similar so loot pool is untouched. Also repairing has absolutly no influence on lootpool.

You should be getting 90% TT back in long term (including all globals, hofs, aths you might get). In what loot you will get it - depends what you will do:
- mining with certain finders in cerain areas has better chances of looting particular kind of ores/enmaters.
- crafting - condition - more residue, quantity - more product (with (L) items also qtty means more succes rate which matters for (L) items ;)).
- hunting - some mobs sometimes drop particular items for particular maturities (looting an 100ped ESI will take only 100ped from lootpool but is worth ~750-800 right :)).

Falagor
:bandit:

Hi this a theory so some may or may not believe

Personally the TT is a loot pool friend everything you buy and sell back to the TT goes straight back into the loot pool, everything your repair - 90% goes back into the loot pool - 10% go to Mindark and Planet Partners
Auction Transport Fees all go into the loot pool but Auction Fees go to Mindark
Teleport Charges go to hangar owners

Trade Terminal - straight back to the lootpool
Sell to Auction or Players for MU - only when the item is consumed (through crafting, tiering or sold to TT, mining amp decay, bombs detonated, ammo shot etc..) does it enter back into the lootpool

If you cycle low MU stuff to the TT in my opinion is more of a benefit than getting 2%-5% on the market cause it recycles almost immediately back in the loot pool and the chance of getting that magic 90% return is better than if the tt stays in someones storage for a long time.

... Would i be "potentially" better off using everything i get as apposed to selling resources to tt or otherwise to buff my "loot account" !?

if you use all resources rather than selling, be it TT or another player, you will have another round of loses on that. so no, you will not be better off. dont over complicate things with what goes where: if theres more than a few % MU and you can sell it easily and quickly, sell it; if not dump it to cycle more ped on your main activity.

I don`t get it... Whats up schizophrenia and paranoia and mining theories? :scratch2:

Why dont you people be honest, you dont have a clue whats going on behind the scenes, this is just ideas people have and really want to belive in.

This is how it works:
You deposit money, mindark get intrest on that money while they are on their bankaccount = first source of income.
You engage in activitys in the universe that cost money, mindarks takes their share no matter what = biggest source of income.

Some of your activity loss/profit goes to other players activity loss/profit this does not affect mindark since they take their share no matter what.

It could be some sort of loot pool it might not be a sort of loot pool, remember that the loot pool is something players has given name to, not mindark.

everything your repair - 90% goes back into the loot pool - 10% go to Mindark and Planet Partners.

AFAIK the original quote about MA taking decay was that they earn their money from decay, not that they take all decay - there's a very big difference.

A blade might decay 500ped per hour, where a gun may decay 50ped per hour. Clearly MA don't rake in the peds from melee users and only take a tiny amount from gun users.

I don`t get it... Whats up schizophrenia and paranoia and mining theories? :scratch2:

i don't get it either but since its a blackbox system and we do have a fair amount of newer people i guess we get threads like this :yay:

I think TTing stuff has no impact on the loot pool. The reason is that the actual ped value you hand the Trade Terminal comes back out to your avatar in a different form... so TT is like a way for an avatar to hand money from his wallet to his left hand and from the left hand to the right hand and back. That is simply like taking a twenty dollar bill IRL and changing it in for a couple of rolls of quarters. You can't put a twenty dollar bill in to a vending machine (well not most of them anyways)... so the TT is the equivalent of a change machine. If it does have any impact on balancing manager, the TT value is not affected so much, which is why when you loot stuff that is L it's not always at 100%... For stackable stuff, the crafting machine has a much bigger impact on the loot pool then the TT machine ever could.

Back