News: TWEN Finale

To: Major Ushakov
Re: Robot Invasion

We've analyzed the attacking robots and have found that they are not carrying the proper caliber of ammunition to do any sort of structural damage to any of the facilities on Calypso. After capturing one of the lower-level drones and hacking its CPU & memory systems, we've learned that they are all running the Orthos release of their internal operating system from over a decade ago without the patch that fixed the primary target bug.

Therefore, we cannot use our precious ammo supplies on cleaning up what amounts to a minor nuisance.

If you'd like assistance in this janitorial endeavor, please send sufficient ammo and supplies.

Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Warrant Officer II Flynn.

P.S.: If you have any beer, please send some. Calypso has been without any since we've arrived here and it's starting to have adverse effects on the morale of the population. Thanks again!

To: Major Ushakov
Re: Robot Invasion

We've analyzed the attacking robots and have found that they are not carrying the proper caliber of ammunition to do any sort of structural damage to any of the facilities on Calypso. After capturing one of the lower-level drones and hacking its CPU & memory systems, we've learned that they are all running the Orthos release of their internal operating system from over a decade ago without the patch that fixed the primary target bug.

Therefore, we cannot use our precious ammo supplies on cleaning up what amounts to a minor nuisance.

If you'd like assistance in this janitorial endeavor, please send sufficient ammo and supplies.

Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Warrant Officer II Flynn.

P.S.: If you have any beer, please send some. Calypso has been without any since we've arrived here and it's starting to have adverse effects on the morale of the population. Thanks again!

This is what the Planet Calypso news said on 19th of April:
"Harvester robots have reappeared in some of the areas they dominated a year prior. These robots are at the forefront of a larger scheme to exploit Calypso's resources, marking an unprecedented level of intrusion on the planet".

Doesn't really add up to what we are currently seeing.

Maybe there will be more/several phases to the TWEN finale? Who knows. During FEN, an end-date and end-time was specified, and people with left-over tokens were able to purchase (L) items and pills.

I thought this event would be something special?
i visited the different zones mentioned in the post now and it is nothing but static spawns of big bulk? thats it?

lol

i hope im wrong, because a year long event only to end with a static spawn of big bulks, which has been there for a few weeks/months now anyway is...

well i was gonna say lame, but thats insulting to the word lame
Did anybody actually expect anything else?
Let's end this endless grind event with some more grinding.

👍🤭

How long is this crap, oh I mean last fight, supposed to last? It's so funny when you come on and are immediately flattened even before you've orientated yourself in twin peaks. what fun that you have a cost without getting anything out of it. i think MA lying on the floor laughing and enjoying what's happening.

Reallly looking forward to TWFEN !

Everyone had a chance to both loot and buy items for tokens. I would say it was actually quite great in that sense. They covered all bases.
chance to loot seemed item super low, seemed not unlike chance to loot anything else during other times such as mayhem. chance to loot tokens was high, but amounts needed for somewhat limited choices means if you wanted something you were buying tokens, aka buying an item as usual more or less.
Not saying it wasn't something - but seemed just like a wide spread mayhem or they just sprinkled in some tokens in loot pool and called it a 20 year celebration. (oh we got a mask) I didn't expect much more, 20 years is major accomplishment IMO but for some it's just a number.
I still think SGA was the best so far.

chance to loot seemed item super low, seemed not unlike chance to loot anything else during other times such as mayhem. chance to loot tokens was high, but amounts needed for somewhat limited choices means if you wanted something you were buying tokens, aka buying an item as usual more or less.
Not saying it wasn't something - but seemed just like a wide spread mayhem or they just sprinkled in some tokens in loot pool and called it a 20 year celebration. (oh we got a mask) I didn't expect much more, 20 years is major accomplishment IMO but for some it's just a number.
No limited items as well

Add to this fact items were refreshed randomly which means items people wanted but got RL and didn't want to stand next to a token trader 24/7 missed out and left all s*** to everyone else to buy.

Do have to say sga and fen where you had a chance to loot UL gear from mobs were the best, so much excitement just to hunt, this time round a dull token trader and token drops i felt was extremely lazy, markup for everyone i agree but it was just an afk bot fest hoarding tokens. No excitement imo

Do have to say sga and fen where you had a chance to loot UL gear from mobs were the best, so much excitement just to hunt, this time round a dull token trader and token drops i felt was extremely lazy, markup for everyone i agree but it was just an afk bot fest hoarding tokens. No excitement imo
The first half was hunting mobs for items and people cried cause only ubers were looting shit. Make up your mind.

The first half was hunting mobs for items and people cried cause only ubers were looting shit. Make up your mind.

Both were good but they should have mixed it up with more variety of gear dropping from mobs, limited gear and had more RNG so it wasn't just uber weapons dropping from uber mobs so we could of seen some lucky noobs loot some end game stuff from lower level mobs to get that excitement and keep those newer players around longer after selling to a higher level player instead of the pyramid structure of the higher levels always passing hand-me-downs to the lower levels.

The event was a dry grindfest with little to no effort that didn't include much of the other professions. All the drops both in mobs and vendor should have been behind blueprints like the Spina Armor is setup.

They also could have had some more involvement from MindArk themselves in game, showing up and running contests like streamers do with prizes, some social gatherings, some walkthroughs for new players to help them unlock more content, etc, etc. Tons of stuff they could have done to celebrate 20 years but they chose the minimal effort, lowest budget, copy paste add TWEN and call it a day route.

So Twen is a celebration of the longevity of Entropia Universe, why then were the main events and the finale on Caly ? Rest of the universe ceased to exist ? or is this just another way of getting everyone to Caly so that the other planets fade away. I strongly object to this Universe being so Calycentric PleaseMA can you try just a little to make main events UNIVERSAL

Both were good but they should have mixed it up with more variety of gear dropping from mobs, limited gear and had more RNG so it wasn't just uber weapons dropping from uber mobs so we could of seen some lucky noobs loot some end game stuff from lower level mobs to get that excitement and keep those newer players around longer after selling to a higher level player instead of the pyramid structure of the higher levels always passing hand-me-downs to the lower levels.
That would destroy any sense of progression and character development. People working for years, trying to improve step by step, and suddenly all that effort is stripped of any significance. Why even bother playing at all if you can just buy low level weapon, log in once in a year/few years, and gain the same remuneration in such a short amount of time as those who were grinding for much, much longer. Now add to this how easy would be to set up a bot army of low levels to basically guarantee that drop. Thats not how players retention works.

Also, when punies were dropping tokens at the same rate as big mobs, noobs weren’t exactly the ones profiting out of this situation. But people with disproportional dps (vs that content) in order to maximize kill/drop per minute. Nobody would hunt anything bigger than the smallest mob that have a chance to drop of something you want.

Last edited:
M
So Twen is a celebration of the longevity of Entropia Universe, why then were the main events and the finale on Caly ? Rest of the universe ceased to exist ? or is this just another way of getting everyone to Caly so that the other planets fade away. I strongly object to this Universe being so Calycentric PleaseMA can you try just a little to make main events UNIVERSAL
Maby just hold planet partners to a higher standard and tell them pull their fingers out? Not really up to mindark to prop them up with a free ride. It's their planets and if they want to abandon them like we are seeing at the moment, that's on them. Maby if PPs bring out some engaging content people will go.

I think back to sga where mobs were dropping almost every sga version of mobs. pixie sga, shogun sga, vigi sga ... I was hoping that this event would bring both of types back.. have all of the lower end caly - planet parter armors have twen versions to give people stuff to loot while trying for the big twen items, and then have the vendor and tokens to get weapons from.. but we got what we got. Can only hope now that they add something to clear the tokens up from twen.

SpikE

All i read are complains about the own failure

Most tokens i pulled Was from oro, those you can hunt naked 40.000 ped mu... twen did offer me the oportunity to get one of the most powerfull weapons, did put all i got together and then bought the weapon of desire.

Nothing to complain, was a great event and everyone whos a active Player outside of a sweating Camp had a chance to get something.

I agree that fen Was better but it is what it is , and it was not bad@ all

That would destroy any sense of progression and character development. People working for years, trying to improve step by step, and suddenly all that effort is stripped of any significance. Why even bother playing at all if you can just buy low level weapon, log in once in a year/few years, and gain the same remuneration in such a short amount of time as those who were grinding for much, much longer. Now add to this how easy would be to set up a bot army of low levels to basically guarantee that drop. Thats not how players retention works.

Also, when punies were dropping tokens at the same rate as big mobs, noobs weren’t exactly the ones profiting out of this situation. But people with disproportional dps (vs that content) in order to maximize kill/drop per minute. Nobody would hunt anything bigger than the smallest mob that have a chance to drop of something you want.
You answered your own question. There's nothing stopping higher level players from grinding lower level mobs.

It didn't have to be setup to where low level mobs were exclusively dropping end game gear or visa versa, it could easily have been more RNG where you don't know what mob is going to drop what or when. It's also chance based and they could easily skew the chance for the better drops to higher mobs but still have the ability for them to drop from lower mobs. There's no limitation.

Stop being so contrarian and open your mind.

from my datas, only opalo twen and maybe a DAR 9300 dropped under lvl 40 monsters

You answered your own question. There's nothing stopping higher level players from grinding lower level mobs.

It didn't have to be setup to where low level mobs were exclusively dropping end game gear or visa versa, it could easily have been more RNG where you don't know what mob is going to drop what or when. It's also chance based and they could easily skew the chance for the better drops to higher mobs but still have the ability for them to drop from lower mobs. There's no limitation.

Stop being so contrarian and open your mind.
Its not about been contrarian. Your idea has so many flaws that will make things much worse than they are.
I didnt ask any questions either. Forcing ubers to hunt punies that have mod nanos in drop table wont solve anything.
Forcing people to compete vs bot farms that can be set up for 1-2$ / ava wont retain any human players. Wont provide real cycling. Wont make people wish those "high end items" that drop this way. They wont deposit nor buy those items. And if those items, somehow, are equal, or better, than those that people put effort in collecting 10k-100k tokens + rares, doing lengthy missions, event participations, and so on, just turn servers off. No need to suffer through this.
That idea is so bad that i dont even understand why i have to spend time arguing this.

Last edited:
I think back to sga where mobs were dropping almost every sga version of mobs. pixie sga, shogun sga, vigi sga ... I was hoping that this event would bring both of types back.. have all of the lower end caly - planet parter armors have twen versions to give people stuff to loot while trying for the big twen items, and then have the vendor and tokens to get weapons from.. but we got what we got. Can only hope now that they add something to clear the tokens up from twen.

SpikE
I completely agree with that. But they didn't. Because why would they? People cycled during TWEN anyway.

All i read are complains about the own failure

Most tokens i pulled Was from oro, those you can hunt naked 40.000 ped mu... twen did offer me the oportunity to get one of the most powerfull weapons, did put all i got together and then bought the weapon of desire.

Nothing to complain, was a great event and everyone whos a active Player outside of a sweating Camp had a chance to get something.

I agree that fen Was better but it is what it is , and it was not bad@ all

This forum become a circle jerk of players who barely play the game anymore and complain about the "old days".

Adventurer with all my respect is probably high today.
This game is not build around chances. What are the chances in a game with a negative expected TT value in any profession?

---------------

But return to topic. What is the most frustrating is what this event is ongoing for a week probably, but I have no idea what is it about.
I suspect they added Hydras, somewhere. Maybe some other robots?

Why and how do I get to know where to waste my peds?

Back