U.F.O.s should become space taxis?

Why would MA allow an pre-existing looted ship to undercut and therefore devalue the Equus and Firebirds. Not only are there Equus being re-sold (see PCF) and offered at far lower than the original MA marketing price (50K), but Arkadia has yet to release all the Firebirds, because MA insist they are sold at 50k and sales have been slow due to the drop in price of the Equus.
This indicates the market is already flooded. Any more warp capable ships (regardless of looks or price) would only increase the oversupply and kill the resale value for current owners. This is also true of the larger warps ships.
[If space is redesigned this may ofc make it more active and give room for more ships...time alone will give us the answer to that]

Now contrary to some assertions made here, warp ship owners are not necessarily rich folk in RL (I most certainly am not) what many of us did and you can too, is set aside ped every time you Global or Hof, use it to buy deeds so ped are secured and will grow, roll that into more deeds...eventually you can afford to buy. I and several others funded our ships this way - hard work not deposits.

So forget the 'I want it my way and I want it cheap' MA will not succumb to that, instead manage your in game ped with care and aim for growth. GL to you all and looking forward to seeing you as new owners in space one day.

Why would MA allow an pre-existing looted ship to undercut and therefore devalue the Equus and Firebirds. Not only are there Equus being re-sold (see PCF) and offered at far lower than the original MA marketing price (50K), but Arkadia has yet to release all the Firebirds, because MA insist they are sold at 50k and sales have been slow due to the drop in price of the Equus.
This indicates the market is already flooded. Any more warp capable ships (regardless of looks or price) would only increase the oversupply and kill the resale value for current owners. This is also true of the larger warps ships.
[If space is redesigned this may ofc make it more active and give room for more ships...time alone will give us the answer to that]

Now contrary to some assertions made here, warp ship owners are not necessarily rich folk in RL (I most certainly am not) what many of us did and you can too, is set aside ped every time you Global or Hof, use it to buy deeds so ped are secured and will grow, roll that into more deeds...eventually you can afford to buy. I and several others funded our ships this way - hard work not deposits.

So forget the 'I want it my way and I want it cheap' MA will not succumb to that, instead manage your in game ped with care and aim for growth. GL to you all and looking forward to seeing you as new owners in space one day.

No one is asking for the UFO to warp. Not once. The fact you assume this is just bullshit to fuel your argument.

Adding another L vehicle to space won't hurt anything. VTOL and quads are already cheap. They won't go lower.

No one is asking for the UFO to warp. Not once. The fact you assume this is just bullshit to fuel your argument.

Adding another L vehicle to space won't hurt anything. VTOL and quads are already cheap. They won't go lower.

he asked several times in this thread for them to be warp capable? Oo check the thread maybe dude. ive seen it in at least 3 posts of the op that he asked for it to be a space taxi. maybe even more and most of them contain the word warp.

Actually I do want these UFO taxis to warp which is estetically correct in a sci-fi sense. Not only that I want them to zip by faster than others. Meaning from standing still to instantly taking off at tremendous speeds.

Entropia is all about money, economy and based on that premise, UFOs ingame should be updated to not be space faring but also warp-capable. Its a great Rocktropia vehicle ideal for the very purpose fast and reliable small-business taxi. Three pasangers at a time . Benificial to UFO owners and travelers providing a service.

Would you take a UFO-taxi, if available, to RT from Caly, or any other planet in a rush? Let me know what you think.

thats just his first post in this thread. you will find several more...

Just to set something straight here. I dont want peops to think I am trying to profit somehow through this. I am a big spender and peops who know me personally can confirm this fact. Mindark also knows my deposit and spending history and habits. That being said I can deposit a large sum and actually buy a MS if I want to. EU is for me a exclusive game that is very expensive to play, the way I play the game. Which is where I derive much enjoyment from from time to time. For example when I mine, I never drop a probe without a lvl 13 amp attached. I love doing them runs and I am free to do so regardless of critics etc.

Ecofags be glad there are gamers like myself who supliment the loot pool:lolup:

Just for the record, I am not the only UFO owner in this community. If there is any unintended profit through this, may it more bennificial for the other UFO owners more than myself. im not bothered about the value, just the practicality of the object.

Last edited:
There are people who have items with capabilities and want them to have looks.
There are people who have items with looks (e.g. OP) and want them to have capabilities.

MA could give them an upgrade mission - bring:
  • 1x full tt Quad-Wing Interceptor (L)
  • 1x full tt UFO (L)
  • 2x Some Looted Crap

and get 1x Space UFO (L) with looks of an UFO and capabilities of a quad, give up some tt and MU in the process. Win-win. Total number of quads is unchanged (for balancing), and everyone is happy.

Warp capabilities are probably out of question though, as the market is already oversaturated.

There are people who have items with capabilities and want them to have looks.
There are people who have items with looks (e.g. OP) and want them to have capabilities.

MA could give them an upgrade mission - bring:
  • 1x full tt Quad-Wing Interceptor (L)
  • 1x full tt UFO (L)
  • 2x Some Looted Crap

and get 1x Space UFO (L) with looks of an UFO and capabilities of a quad, give up some tt and MU in the process. Win-win. Total number of quads is unchanged (for balancing), and everyone is happy.

Warp capabilities are probably out of question though, as the market is already oversaturated.

Very good idea. I like it, Minus the not Warp capable part ofc. Thanks for input and thinking with me. +rep ( would be awesome if you can flip a switch and a sign pops up from the top whilst parked on the ground reading "TAXI" on the sign. perhaps something holographic.)

Last edited:
Not my motivation at all :mad:

Cheers on the PED advice. But I realy dont want a massive bulky starship. :eek:

The advice on how to save ped in order to spend on larger purchases later remains good regardless of if it is an Equus or an MS, a adjusted Fap or some uber gun.

You say you are not motivated by money, yet you are not willing to pay what others have paid in order to have a warp capable vehicle. You also say...

Good point. Well the devs could also fix the decay factor so the UFOs dont lose value when destroyed. The vehicles true value in my opinion lies in the cash generation as taxis. Economically viable vehicles are more suited in this verse than useless props that cannot be implimented in a business sense.

So you want the (UL) capabilities (No TT decay when damaged, just repair costs) of the current warp ships but without the high price to purchase. Then you tell us all you are not motivated by 'I want it my way and I want it cheap'.
Does it not occur to you that in a real cash economy you pay according to what you get. Warp ships are expensive not just because they warp, but because they are (UL) ?

Works exactly like expensive UL weapons or Armours etc. You get what you pay for !

While I understand the frustration of you and other owners, introducing a non-space capable UFO even at sub-warp speeds was plain silly, it was always going to cause controversy. But RT have not been alone in this, MA also rejected proposals from Cyrene, and some of their designs were really sweet.

Look at the larger picture and not just your own perspective:

If they made UFO's space capable quad-like vehicles..same stats but 1 extra seat - all the quad taxis would be up in arms at 'unfair competition'

If also made into warp ships then...
Why can that UFO warp and I can't would be the cry of the Quad and sleipnir owners - who at least bought a space capable vehicle....
Yet if they were given it too (and why not..what is good for you should be good for them also)...what then about the equus/firebird owners ? ships devalued in an instance and space flooded with warp capable ships...what chance a taxi fare then ?
If everyone can in effect warp themselves, then what purpose is there to the MS and privateer...?

It may seem to you a small proposed change, but without thought to the effect on the whole space economy and consequences of change.
It's bad enough that MA have yet to implement any of the long promised space updates/upgrades to content etc, without the delicate balance of the existing economy is destroyed too

The advice on how to save ped in order to spend on larger purchases later remains good regardless of if it is an Equus or an MS, a adjusted Fap or some uber gun.

You say you are not motivated by money, yet you are not willing to pay what others have paid in order to have a warp capable vehicle. You also say...

So you want the (UL) capabilities (No TT decay when damaged, just repair costs) of the current warp ships but without the high price to purchase. Then you tell us all you are not motivated by 'I want it my way and I want it cheap'.
Does it not occur to you that in a real cash economy you pay according to what you get. Warp ships are expensive not just because they warp, but because they are (UL) ?

Works exactly like expensive UL weapons or Armours etc. You get what you pay for !

While I understand the frustration of you and other owners, introducing a non-space capable UFO even at sub-warp speeds was plain silly, it was always going to cause controversy. But RT have not been alone in this, MA also rejected proposals from Cyrene, and some of their designs were really sweet.

Look at the larger picture and not just your own perspective:

If they made UFO's space capable quad-like vehicles..same stats but 1 extra seat - all the quad taxis would be up in arms at 'unfair competition'

If also made into warp ships then...
Why can that UFO warp and I can't would be the cry of the Quad and sleipnir owners - who at least bought a space capable vehicle....
Yet if they were given it too (and why not..what is good for you should be good for them also)...what then about the equus/firebird owners ? ships devalued in an instance and space flooded with warp capable ships...what chance a taxi fare then ?
If everyone can in effect warp themselves, then what purpose is there to the MS and privateer...?

It may seem to you a small proposed change, but without thought to the effect on the whole space economy and consequences of change.
It's bad enough that MA have yet to implement any of the long promised space updates/upgrades to content etc, without the delicate balance of the existing economy is destroyed too

There is a dutch saying that goes; "A no you already have, but a yes you can get." You are way too aprehensive as to possible conciquences. I mean how controlled do you want the economy to be? You know what, I am fine wether you get your way or I get mine. Im good either way. You do come over as extremelly hostile to any idea or suggestion. Yeah so many hostile and unhappy peops around. So sad.:whiner:

There is a dutch saying that goes; "A no you already have, but a yes you can get." You are way too aprehensive as to possible conciquences. I mean how controlled do you want the economy to be? You know what, I am fine wether you get your way or I get mine. Im good either way. You do come over as extremelly hostile to any idea or suggestion. Yeah so many hostile and unhappy peops around. So sad.:whiner:

You have placed this thread in the 'General Discussion' section
You end the opening post with ' Let me know what you think. '

Yet you have consistently refused to even consider the opinions of others, and accuse me of aggression when I am simply trying to demonstrate how apparently simple additions to game such as you and Neverdie propose can have far reaching effects. It is not a case of your way or my way as at the end of the day it is MindArks way that will rule.
It is more that I evidently failed to understand your definition of discussion.

Oxford Dictionary
' the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas:

Merriam-Webster
'consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate'

perhaps next time you want to propose an idea without any dissenting opinions you should instead just make a simply make a support case, rather than post it on forum, where it is pretty much a given that opinions will vary.

You have placed this thread in the 'General Discussion' section
You end the opening post with ' Let me know what you think. '

Yet you have consistently refused to even consider the opinions of others, and accuse me of aggression when I am simply trying to demonstrate how apparently simple additions to game such as you and Neverdie propose can have far reaching effects. It is not a case of your way or my way as at the end of the day it is MindArks way that will rule.
It is more that I evidently failed to understand your definition of discussion.

Oxford Dictionary
' the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas:

Merriam-Webster
'consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate'

perhaps next time you want to propose an idea without any dissenting opinions you should instead just make a simply make a support case, rather than post it on forum, where it is pretty much a given that opinions will vary.

I apreciate your feedback and standpoint. Point taken and noted. Thank you. Remember the Universe is dynamic I suspect the same aplies to the virtual economy. I may not be such a brilliant numbers cruncher as yourself, but I do try and understand it. The seriousness of real money being involved ofc. And you are right from that perspective. Cant deny I have my flaws and I wont. Part of being human I suppose. Behind every avatar there is a person. I did not want to piss you off. Respect and Peace. :ahh:

Last edited:
Back