UI 'update' VENT Thread (release the steam)

Status

JJO

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Ok, well nobody will be the first to do it so I will.

New interface gets a thumbs down from me. Why? Several reasons:

1) The new UI is less readable. I need to set the chat font to bold to make for restful reading of chat
2) The new UI lacks the keyboard mapping functionality of the old UI. Yeah, a 20-year-old interface actually was easier to use and had more functionality for key mapping
3) They couldn't just make the new inventory box ONE unit wider so an entire set of plates can sit neatly in one line? I could finally swap plates without scrolling the inventory, but no.
4) Action is horrible to read now and the new item preview window just looks meh. I have to go to the details tab now to be able to rotate the model - which is annoying when you are trying to buy clothing fast
5) Unless I'm completely clueless, I can't drag icons to the screen areas anymore. I used to have clothing sets, armor sets and emotes as icons placed that I could just click as needed. Seems no more. This is infuriating! I need to change armor PART-BY-PART now? Same with clothes?

Those are my main gripes. Over to you guys. What about the new UI percolates your bladder contents? Release the pressure! =D

Last edited:
I do notice today logging in that the chatbox has been made less transparent - which does help a bit with the text being more readable.

Interact only works when you are within your tools range. Fails otherwise to move to target/thing.
Square-tropia. The old UI had modern window borders like in win 11.
Not being to set inventory/storage to have it resizeable and setting it vertically like for the icons.
They have way wrong mindset and absolutely have no grasp what players want which is as much customization as possible to customize the UI to their liking.
Them spending resource time themselves to make text more readable by reducing/increasing opacity for chat for example...
Just let everyone UI window have a slider in options that we can change..
A lot more to vent but... for some other time.

Interact only works when you are within your tools range. Fails otherwise to move to target/thing.
I'm sweating for almost 4 hours without any problem. The avatar runs and interact with mob even if at out of reach of the sweat machine.

The only thing is that before if I pressed S key (move backwards) while running to target, it would cancel that interaction, now it doesn't work anymore and I need to press both mouse buttons to be able to cancel interacting with it.

What annoy me the most it's why the deposit icon need to be yellow. :D

Sometimes is difficult to please everyone, I would prefer a inventory like before others want them even wider than it actually is.

Chat tabs don't work well because the arrow doesn't work. Also the text goes out of the box if you text too much. Progress bars font I agree its too little almost not readable but chat font is okay with opacity.

The HOF list looks kind out of place now even if its nostalgic.

They forgot banks dialogue boxes for loan and it still displays that blue old style.

I didn't have problems with key bindings saves but other players complained about it being reset after a logout. I had a problem with jumping, it would cancel the auto use mode but I m sure I had the same key binding to other action besides jump.

Game runs much smooth now too. Give MA some days the VU just got released today.

Edit: Almost forgot, they did removed the option to take off loot from chat. I know many ppl use external trackers but I don't and now you even have a looted windows that counts loot. PLEASE put back in option to not display loot on chat, Thank you!

Last edited:
What annoy me the most it's why the deposit icon need to be yellow. :D

That absolutely annoys the shit out of me, its like they are trying to point out the obvious. And much more tbh is wrong and shit with this new UI but I just gave up with caring at this point.

My DPS is definitely higher with the new VU.
There is only deposit button ingame now, so we can see where the game is going. More transparency is good.
Other than that every design was better before.

Status
Back