Entropia Universe 18.0.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Entropia Universe now has an updated Heads-Up Display (HUD), and the User Interface (UI) has been revamped with added features, functionality, and improved performance. With this update, each account had its User Interface reset.

Beginners Guide has been updated according to these changes: https://www.entropiauniverse.com/entropia-universe/beginners-guide/

For feedback or bug reports on the User Interface, go to our designated forum threads here:
Feedback: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-release-feedback-thread.298589/#post-3931409
Bug Reports: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ds/ui-release-bug-crash-report-thread.298588/

Or, for direct support, you can create a support case at: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/.

Changes

• The login screen has received an update
  • The new HUD features movable elements via the UI Edit-Mode
  • UI windows have been unified and visually updated
  • An Update Info window has been added upon login. Once closed, it can be found in the Main Menu
  • The inventory grid size increased
  • The order of Inventory categories has been changed
  • PED Balance in UI’s have had a visual update and are now clickable to add funds
  • Added checkbox for Repair to set the amount of PED to be used
  • Buffs and Debuffs are now a separate movable UI element
  • Quick Actions have been added to the HUD
  • Added a new action to show all Nameplates, friend, and foe
  • Added screen warning for Avatar low health
  • Deposit Action now opens a browser window
  • Support Action now opens a browser window
  • Action bars have been added to replace the previous dashboard icon system
  • Actions
    • Action Library has been replaced with Actions
    • Quick search for all different actions in-game
    • Supports up to 3 different Key Bindings per action
    • If needed, duplicate actions can be setup in the actionbar to bind the action to more keys
    • Supports Modifiers (CTRL and SHIFT)
    • Added controller support
    • Drag and drop Actions to Action bars with UI Edit-Mode to
  • Options
    • Multiple additions have been added in Options > Interface
      • Show location in the Radar UI
      • Enable more action bars, up to 5 in total
      • Disable Fullscreen Warning
      • Disable the use of modifiers (CTRL and SHIFT)
  • Added total PED value looted in the LOOTED window
  • The total value of Nanocubes is now only visible in the “Recycle”-tab
  • Now possible to buy Ammunition up to 9999,99 PED in the Trade Terminal
  • Codex now shows more clearly if there is a new addition or a reward to claim
  • Added “Loadout” to Inventory where you could save a selection of “Equipped”, “Clothes or “Armor”
  • Added “Toggle Bold Fonts” option to Main Chat Interface settings
  • Minor changes have been made to multiple UI windows to improve the User Experience

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

please change the arrow icons!

so how do i add my action buttons back to the desktop view? I tried drag and drop on to my desktop, but that didn't work. (i meant the window view of the game)

Rgds

Ace

so how do i add my action buttons back to the desktop view? I tried drag and drop on to my desktop, but that didn't work. (i meant the window view of the game)

Rgds

Ace

You put them in action bars.

COnstruction screen has maximum 999 clicks ... this is NOT enough, not nearly enough

Rgds

Ace

You put them in action bars.

oh, damn. I'm going to need a lot of action bars, this is going to look ugly
Rgds
Ace

Really liking the new Inventory
Rgds
Ace

COnstruction screen has maximum 999 clicks ... this is NOT enough, not nearly enough

Rgds

Ace
Ignore that .. the number of available clicks automatically increases if you have more materials, nice job!
Can we get access to auction from contruction again, please? And be able to move the contruction screen off screen, so we can see what's going on.
Rgds
Ace

How do we resize windows? Some of them are really big & take up nearly the entire screen. The message center, for example. So much wasted space in this window. Please tell me we can resize it.
Nope. Future update hopefully

How do we resize windows? Some of them are really big & take up nearly the entire screen. The message center, for example. So much wasted space in this window. Please tell me we can resize it.

Radar and chat can be resized right now. We will also be working on making more elements scalable for future releases/patches though, so it may come in the future.

The new UI looks really good! very easy to use and get back to my old key layout format, I like it a lot! great job MA!

We are currently working on solving multiple reported bugs and issues (big thanks to everyone contributing over in the bug/crash thread!)

The bug causing it to be impossible to use residue in crafting is high priority.

Only 26 lines @ auction instead of 30 before ... and I wonder where my 4 other sales went ... not in won ...

so it may come in the future.
You are talking about us being able to resize windows here, i.e. scaleable. This needs to be a priority imho!
As for less clutter, I used to have the progress bar go partly off screen at the bottom because I knew what I was using thank you very much, so didn't need that bar at all. Now .... to add insult to the injury of not being able to move stuff partially off screen, you tell in large, stupid font letters at the top that this is the progress window = more wasted and annoying clutter. And that's just one window!!!

Yes, there are small things I like so far, but until I find workarounds for other things (or you patch stuff in) I'm not likely to be in the least bit happy.

@Ludvig|MindArk

Gray text on slightly darker gray background is a terrible choice (check auction...). Zero readability, this needs to be changed asap.

You did this to unify UI, but some panels display a grid (auction) and others to not (event list). Why? the grid helps a lot when processing visual data.

In general, please give us the option to display the grid again (urgently needed on the inventory and storage). The item icons snap to the grid anyway, so WHY HIDE IT? At this very moment when I open my inventory it just looks like an unorganized mess exclusively because there's no grid to help me.

Great VU, thank you.

Only 26 lines @ auction instead of 30 before ... and I wonder where my 4 other sales went ... not in won ...

That is actually a fantastic question. Where are the things i had listed and are now gone?

This is a display bug only, no items are missing. The UI team is working on fixing it right now, and should be able to patch it very soon.

If I want to put a stack of a certain quantity on auction and split my stack into inventory or storage, it always starts with about 1/2 of the quantity I have instead of 0, really annoying.

I am quite surprised by the choice of Dark grey on light grey contrast chosen, when browsing for example auction:

Note that its only posted auctions. The things that I am interested in....

The collapse/expandable menu on the left seems to have got better contrast.

My eyes are hurting so badly after just an hour in game I decided to log off.

Other days, even if I do not have anything specific im doing, I can stay online and just read chats and browse auction. That seems long gone now, simply because of contrast.

Chapter 4, contrast:

It's funny how his example of "not focus" is looking just like the auctions. Eh?

Last edited:
We are planning on releasing a patch soon which will increase chat opacity, as well as fix the bugs related to auction listing visibility and residue checks.

This will be a client patch, so the servers will not restart, but you will have to log out and back in to apply the patch. There will be a message in the game when this happens.

This is so funny to me.

There is so much missing, bugged functionality and bad design choices.

It's like they didn't have a reference point to work from (the old UI).

They should have at least had some junior employee go through the entirety of the old UI and list out all the functionality by window prior to even starting to design the new UI. Were there any flowcharts made of how things in the UI function? Heck, you could have even fed the codebase to an AI model and prompted it to "Search the codebase and list out all functionality per UI window" and that would have produced list (albeit not perfect) but something to help guide your decision making.

When you do revamps you're supposed to make it better, not worse. If some functionality was removed you should be explaining that choice somewhere for your users and to do that you need to actually know yourselves what functionality you had prior to the revamp.

Who was the project manager on the UI update? Fire that person.

Can we please have an option to choose if we want to use the old or new UI?

You already have that option.

However, the option to choose if we use the old or new UI is not available.

I have seen it mentioned in a few places that the new VU does not run on Windows 11? Can this be addressed officially?

I run EU on my Steamdeck with Windows 11, so this worries me...

We are planning on releasing a patch soon which will increase chat opacity, as well as fix the bugs related to auction listing visibility and residue checks.

This will be a client patch, so the servers will not restart, but you will have to log out and back in to apply the patch. There will be a message in the game when this happens.

Glad to hear this, i hopethere will be a new forum thread to update us when this happens so that we know without having to be online.

I have seen it mentioned in a few places that the new VU does not run on Windows 11? Can this be addressed officially?

I run EU on my Steamdeck with Windows 11, so this worries me...
It runs, i am using it.

Client loader says its not supported, though....

Back