UK players

Nope sorry Dale - but visited there, nice little place :laugh: :laugh:

any more in the midlands - i know of at least 3 more :)

OK - Me - Kidderminster (Worcestershire but close to Creature ;))

Preston,Lancashire:)

Wish I'd known this earlier - I've been working in Chorley for the last 20 months. Just got a new job though so in a month I'll be back near home.

didn't know u got Devon pasties......what's the difference? :)

Not such a fat crust (as we've no mines in Devon, not as much as Cornwall,) more peppery, shorter pastry than with Cornish.

When you're in Plymouth, try an Ivor Dewdneys .... 'aandsome :)

South Of London... East Grinstead.

Along with Ter + DannyO

Bath here......:)

South coast here nr Portsmouth - i agree with akiran blade on ivor dude pasties the best .....also was a ron dewdneys nr the dockyard a few years bk same great pasties , were they brothers??

Cambridgeshire/Norfolk border here

Pasties

Not such a fat crust (as we've no mines in Devon, not as much as Cornwall,) more peppery, shorter pastry than with Cornish.

they sound yummy, don't suppose u know if they r sold in Scotland?........ couldn't post me one could u??? :)

South coast here nr Portsmouth - i agree with akiran blade on ivor dude pasties the best .....also was a ron dewdneys nr the dockyard a few years bk same great pasties , were they brothers??

Yeah they are linked, Ron does his rounds around the various neighbourhoods of Plymouth while Ivor makes them all and runs the Outlets (2 of in Plymouth City Centre if memory serves me.)

they sound yummy, don't suppose u know if they r sold in Scotland?........ couldn't post me one could u??? :)

:rofl: It might lose it's 'überness' as a pasty that way :)

Best you go to the West Country and get yourself a fresh sample :)

BTW: Here ya go :)

"Pasties by Post" might work for some hehe

http://www.ivordewdney.co.uk/

It says Cornish, but to be honest, I've always seen ID's pasties as particularly Devonshire as a Cornish pasty has a rather large braided crust, which was for the miners to hold onto the pasty with their gruby hands.

For those that really want to find out more :rofl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty

The images aren't great, and to be honest no image ever does a pasty justice :) They are plain and simple, but test great and great to have on the run :)

Live in Cornwall, originally Aberdeen.

Cornish pasties rock.

Will

I live Nr Taunton, Somerset :D

mmmmmm Post a pasty???

Now that sounds good.. ;D

Wolverhampton in the MIDLANDS here along with Creature, Nakor and Ted T2 Trixter

:D

Last edited:
I live in the leafy suburbs in-between Leeds and Wakefield.

Although, I lived in Leicester for 3 years whilst I was at University there (1998-2001), and then also in Portsmouth on the south coast for 4 years with my first graduate job (2002-2006).

Sunny Yorkshire will always be my true home though.

:cool:

Also, co-incidently the first random disciple that I ever accepted when I first began mentoring happened to live in Castleford, less than 3 miles away from me irl!!

:umn: :laugh:

I live in the leafy suburbs in-between Leeds and Wakefield.

Although, I lived in Leicester for 3 years whilst I was at University there (1998-2001), and then also in Portsmouth on the south coast for 4 years with my first graduate job (2002-2006).

Sunny Yorkshire will always be my true home though.

:cool:

Also, co-incidently the first random disciple that I ever accepted when I first began mentoring happened to live Castleford, less than 3 miles away from me irl!!

:umn: :laugh:

Weh hey another Yorkshire man ;)

Pint of Stones' anyone? :drink:

Been there.
Does that count?

Loughborough, Leics.
Hi to everyone from Leicester or Nottingham.

A UK meetup would be great!

Paul

BTW: Here ya go :)

"Pasties by Post" might work for some hehe

http://www.ivordewdney.co.uk/
You r great AkiranBlade, thanks for that! I checked the website and they say deliverable to anywhere south of a line drawn btwn Edinburgh and Glasgow..doh! Im just north of that... but I'm gonna contact them and explain about the recommendation they got from this forum and see if I can persuade them to send one anyway!!!!!!

:))))))))))))))))

Trying hard to make the Liverpool meet up, just train fair is kinda high not to mention the time to get there!!..but trying hard to come..hope to meet some of u there.

Ah memories! I think the first solid food I ever ate was an Ivor Dewdney oggie :cool:

However, since those glorious sunny Plymouth days I've gradually move eastward, via Gosport (near Pompey :wtg: ) to sunny Folkestone. Am now as far east as this coast will take me, so might have to head back the other way now :laugh:

How did I manage to miss this thread?

Born and raised in Brum (Birmingham, for anyone that doesn't know), living in the Black Country, near Dudley.

Living in London, but was an undergrad in Exeter and a postgrad in Plymouth, so many a fond pastie memory :D

In Plymouth I remember a burger shack... Capt'n Jaspers or something... mad decorations, more relishes than you could count, and their famous yard long hotdogs.... :tongue4:

Peatie.

Another midlander here - born and raised in the Black Country, spent a few years in Worcester, now living in Norf London.

JC

Just moved back to Nuneaton, Was in Newcastle for Uni and my husband.
But back in good old Sunny-Nunny now:yay: :wtg: :yay:

North Yorks Harrogate....not in the posh area i live in the Arrogate bit

North Yorks Harrogate....not in the posh area i live in the Arrogate bit

I spent about a month there a couple of years back, working with one of my customers setting up a data center near there.

Nice area.

Always wanted to return with the wife for a holiday.

I spent about a month there a couple of years back, working with one of my customers setting up a data center near there.

Nice area.

Always wanted to return with the wife for a holiday.

hey, u should do its changed a lot in the last couple of years... new restuarants...clubs...bars...shops and still 5 minutes from the country side... 25mins from Leeds another place that has changed a lot in the last couple of years better than Manchester now for the night life...

Back