UL or L, which is more economical?

dura_killer

Alpha
Banned
The UL Boar set has 3100 durability but the new Boar L has 13100 durability. Which is more economical if I burn lot of PED on Boar armor?

it depends...

It depends on your goals and things... short term, L is always better... Long term, UL is always better.... usually...

You can calculate this almost exactly, actually.

Average decay per hour/day/week/month X Time X MU of Armor

If boar UL costs around +1k MU, and L costs 105% (25 ped per full suit), it would take 40 entire suits before you lost money by using L instead of UL.

Use (L) armor while <130% indefinitely. The end.

If boar UL costs around +1k MU, and L costs 105% (25 ped per full suit), it would take 40 entire suits before you lost money by using L instead of UL.

This is entirely incorrect.

then you ignore the higher durability of the L version

you ignore also the resale value of the boar(and the possible profit of selling for more later)
the market of most items is very low atm

With UL items I will also increase the level(tier) of the weapon and so my UL armors keeps on becoming better without using any Enhancers?

nope without using (active)enhancers the defense rating doesnt change

after you tiered it to 1.0 you can go to 1.9 but if you dont tier it stops at 0,9

(L) armour decays less, but you have to pay a markup (and can't always find the piece you're looking for).

My rule of thumb is if it's under 120% or so, go for the (L) piece, otherwise go for UL

Use (L) armor while <130% indefinitely. The end.

how do you arrive at this? the infomation about durability on the wiki suggests a 16% difference, and what else improves the economy of limited? i'd wonder if the practical difference is even that large, since the L armour retains full protection, so higher cost, than unL which decreases as the protection drops with decay.

how do you arrive at this? the infomation about durability on the wiki suggests a 16% difference, and what else improves the economy of limited? i'd wonder if the practical difference is even that large, since the L armour retains full protection, so higher cost, than unL which decreases as the protection drops with decay.
yeah i was probably thinking of higher end armors when i said that (sup vs sup(L) for example the value factor is 135% vs atrox stalker)
ofc, it depends entirely on what the OP hunts (decay is the same vs exa, for example) but a figure of 120%-123% applies if hutning mobs worthy of the armor, without factoring in weighting.

Back