Ultra Cold Fabric and other tayloring materials news

MG Mighty

Stalker
Society
Miners' Guild
It seems that nobody has yet shared with us the following:
If you go to auction you'll see there new options to buy new tayloring materials thought none is still for sale as far as I saw, there is already the possibility to make orders on them so I supose that in the future they will exist:

This are:
A) Chomper Cloth
B) Cold Fabric
C) Phasm Cloth
D) Ultra Cold Fabric

And it seems that it will be reasonable to think some say pretty obvious that they will come from
A) Chomper (Chomper wool can be ordered from auction)
B) Level 2 tayloring blueprint
C) Phasm (Phasm wool can be ordered from auction)
D) Unknown at the moment probably also Blueprint.

Last edited:
Hmmm not sure about Chompers but Phasms certainly started dropping parts this VU but I am not sure if they will be used in tailoring they seemed more like DNA parts but I could be wrong. Usually tailoring with animal skins has really only been used as decoration for clothing. It would be nice to see them giving added protection of some sort. Like Snable skins giving acid protection etc etc. :)

Last edited:
Tailoring items for things other than looks would definitely help the tailoring profession...

Both Chomper and Phasm live in ice areas of West amathera and therefore, A and C will most likely be ingredients for B and D ... Besides: From phasm

This ghostly predator is mostly nocturnal in its habits, but may sometimes be seen stalking the icy regions of western Amethera during the day, when the sunlight is not too bright. Its ability to survive extremely low temperatures has made its hide valuable for insulation against the cold.

Just to throw a spanner in the works ...

MAYBE rather than protecting against cold damage from a mob attack it will protect against enviroment cold damage?

i.e. Like the toxic shot but for a cold area somewhere?

acaffrey said:

MAYBE rather than protecting against cold damage from a mob attack it will protect against enviroment cold damage?

cold is cold, cold armour would protect in exactly the same way as cold 'clothing'

kygon said:
cold is cold, cold armour would protect in exactly the same way as cold 'clothing'

at the moment yes, but who is to say they aren't thinking of changing it.

acaffrey said:

would be funny...a pvp area like pvp3 where u need cold protection to enter. if one enters without protection, you dont die but freeze instantly, which makes you a cheap target :)

steffel said:
would be funny...a pvp area like pvp3 where u need cold protection to enter. if one enters without protection, you dont die but freeze instantly, which makes you a cheap target :)

Yes, that is exactly where my thoughts are ;)

steffel said:

i dont really think this will be what their thinking about
example, you are soo uber!
you accidently enterd pvp3 without cold protection.
you freeze, get killed and suddenly your 2000 euro's/dollars
are wasted because of the fact that they updated the game with a cold protection.

would kinda suck doesnt it?

TuFFKiD said:
i dont really think this will be what their thinking about
example, you are soo uber!
you accidently enterd pvp3 without cold protection.
you freeze, get killed and suddenly your 2000 euro's/dollars
are wasted because of the fact that they updated the game with a cold protection.

would kinda suck doesnt it?

LOL if you know MA then you know just because it will lose you money or it sucks does not mean they won't spend thousands of dollars or euros developing it.

Take taming for instance, that was a real winner and almost a year later we have yet to see any use for pets.

anyone looted the Cold Fabric BP yet?

(I have some Chomper Cloth and hope its part of the BP)

I want to see Orca Armor! :)

well the is a difference between Protecting from the cold and keeping warm.

Somthing may as well absorp a sudden blast of extreme cold, like a attack, that would be armor

But in constant cold u would need something to keep warm, if that would be a armor with heating elements it would work, but it wont work if it can only absorb a suddenblast of cold, U would need a fabric to keep u warm.

You need ultra-cold for full orca too, could be some time before they're both looted :(

You need ultra-cold for full orca too, could be some time before they're both looted :(

only says in the BP 'cold fabric' I just want to see stats on 1 part is that to much to ask MA lol ;)

I looted a Cold Fabric BP a couple of mins ago, and wondered what is the use of it.
It takes :
4 x Chomper Cloth
2 x Oil
3 x Belkar.
Got 72 attempts left.

Is it worth something ?

I looted a Cold Fabric BP a couple of mins ago, and wondered what is the use of it.
It takes :
4 x Chomper Cloth
2 x Oil
3 x Belkar.
Got 72 attempts left.

Is it worth something ?

nice loot!

i think now if we can just find someone who owns an orca BP and we can get some made

nice loot!

i think now if we can just find someone who owns an orca BP and we can get some made

What level is Orca, and do you have a guess at what it might be used for?

Kygon
Gratz on your chomper

:beerchug:

It takes :
4 x Chomper Cloth
2 x Oil
3 x Belkar.
Got 72 attempts left.

Is it worth something ?

Congrats on looting it. :beerchug: Hope you find some use out of it.

It takes :
4 x Chomper Cloth
2 x Oil
3 x Belkar.
Got 72 attempts left.

Is it worth something ?

Interesting. It has a spot in the regular book. Didn't think the limited BP were to go in them. Did MA mess up? OR is there an unlimited version of this print as well?

The L versions of the BPs come first...then after a bunch of those drop, a few unlimited versions will drop. The L versions go in the L book. The unlimited ones go in the tailoring book.

It takes :
4 x Chomper Cloth
2 x Oil
3 x Belkar.
Got 72 attempts left.

Is it worth something ?

Gratz :thumbup:, now someone craft us an Orca armor.

Back