un ban my account on EL

my Apologies for thinking this was an alternate form of https://www.entropialife.com/support@entropialife.com

I was able to log in twice yesterday for moments at a time , i have cleared my cache , my history and the other above mentioned alternate fixes , short of contacting the owner directly , my goggle searches have not shown any good info on who that is and my inquiries in game proved fruitless.

Eventually a solution will present itself , I have faith that Entropia Life will eventually go back to normal .
for this "Lazy" , "illiterate"," Totally useless player who doesn't put in the work and expects everything spoon fed to them"

Thank you for your time

Hey guys. Sorry for the issues.

We have indeed been under heavy attack. Mainly from Russia and China (And Holland???). In one day we had about 4.3 million hits on the site - and we like being popular, but not that popular.

It looked like someone had found a database filled with usernames and passwords, and were trying to see if any of them worked on EL.
They had a bot net, so the attacks were coming from a lot of different IP's.

The first thing I did was to quickly throw up a captcha next to the login form. While I did this, I also started logging login attempts that failed. Once "a number of failed logins were coming from the same IP - that IP were automatically banned" (we'll get back to that in a little while)...

That slowed down the stress on the database (we had like 100-200 queries to the database per second when it was going the hardest... But the captcha did not slow down the network traffic. To slow that down, I threw CloudFlare in front of the website. CloudFlare can challenge the visitor with either Captcha, Javascript validation or other means. Sometimes the end user (you) does not even see the challenge CloudFlare gives your browser. BUT - if you are challenged by CloudFlare, CloudFlare becomes a proxy you are going though. In that case, Entropia Life will think your IP is CloudFlare's IP.

Now back to the "failed login = auto ban" thing... Since we had "a lot" of attacks, some bots did defeat CloudFlare and they then failed to login. That then meant that we started banning CloudFlare IP's. ... About 150.000 CloudFlare IP's .. o_0 ...

I JUST noticed this, and have unbanned all CloudFlare IP's as well as whitelisting CloudFlare IP's so they can not be banned again.

Again, Im very sorry.
(When Im no longer playing Entropia Universe, I dont really keep an eye on the site as often as I should.. Hope you can bear over with me)

Well, just got banned and support mail not working 🙂

same for me, periodically getting ban, i noticed that my ip changing in last numbers part, difference in 1

Back