Unacceptable modification from MA

see you were getting it at the end . bit of practice and you will be there :)

I CAN do it, it takes effort and patience that wouldn't be so bad, but it's just all those times that I mentioned when mobs slide, I slide, the dead mob animates it's hitbox away while you are surrounded by other mobs and needs to be efficient, your mouse sensor snags on cat hairs or dust, your hand is tired, you spam right click to loot by reflex, it's night and you don't see anything, loot lags and you think your click didn't register so you right click again, you right-clicked and the mob died before your weapon reloaded so you shoot again, etc. I expect left click to work like that so I only click that when I am really sure I won't miss.

If left click shoots and right click only loots, I would be very happy with such an arrangement, it would be much safer than this penalizing change we have now.

I always used right click to loot mob but now i just use the loot key on my keyboard.
I just set the loot key next to my auto use tool key and it works very well.

For me it works as good as using the right click i did before, i just hit loot key instead of right click, easy as that.

So i have no problem with this change and if it solves pvp problems its only good.

I do agree MA could have the made the change in another way, like if i have a tool equipped and right click with no target nothing happens.

So i have no problem with this change and if it solves pvp problems its only good.

I do agree MA could have the made the change in another way, like if i have a tool equipped and right click with no target nothing happens.

You can drag out the HP bar and spam click that it seems, having all the benefits of right click... :dunce:

You can drag out the HP bar and spam click that it seems, having all the benefits of right click... :dunce:

This is not new story, as an example Foudil did this long before I started using right click (I can supply EU community with excerpts of my logs regarding him adding my hp bars or even pm messages we had where he agrees using this) to save my al29s TT (btw, MA did silent nerfed al29 and other rare, almost unique PVP stuff), I even filled a support case to MA.
MA simply disabled right click TT saving feature at Cryene team request, without fully evaluating an understanding its implications.

i said this 5 days ago, why i dont understand why they've made this change. MA seems to have made a "fix" to a problem without realising it still present elsewhere. its like they dont actually understand their game or how people play it.

the solution is to prevent/disable autoclicking where the target is an avatar. thats presumably too complicated for them.

the solution is to prevent/disable autoclicking where the target is an avatar. thats presumably too complicated for them.

Yeah the only way to make as many as possible happy seems to be to make it like:
No target = Doesn't fire
Target is mob = Fire
Target is player = Doesn't fire

This would prevent the useage of right clicking in PvP (you'd have to left click or drag health bar) while allowing it for hunting.

If you care about and do not like the change, send this as a suggestion to MindArk and if enough people do it you may be lucky enough to see them change it :cool:

MA simply disabled right click TT saving feature at Cryene team request, without fully evaluating an understanding its implications.

As for this, however, I am still waiting for proof that this is actually the reason before people keep going on about how it is. As I have said earlier, I have seen a lot of Calypso PKers complain about this very thing for a long time, both in general (local) chat and when MA officials were listening.

Yeah the only way to make as many as possible happy seems to be to make it like:
No target = Doesn't fire
Target is mob = Fire
Target is player = Doesn't fire

Yup exactly, no need to nerf hunting because of PVP. Yes i call it a nerf, because with dragging a bar and clicking on it (or using autofire) you will loose like 5-10% of range of your gun, because your avatar will walk towards the mob. If the terrain is bad it will decrease your range 20%+. And thats problem, you can agro more mobs on you causing you bigger decay. It's stupid system, I hope MA will fix it.

Also think about how many things got nerfed only because of PVP. For example vehicle cooldown or cannot jump into your vehicle when tool is reloading, making VTOL mining a nightmare.
For how long we gonna suffer from PVP exploits and bugs ?

A nerf can always be explained by EU dynamics, in this case it's PVP autoclick.
For me who only hunt, i call it an unacceptable gameplay regression for various reasons. (I give Credits to mrproper for trying to explain this to a wall of deaf people, me i give up)
When MA said the Universe is constantly evolving to adapt to the dynamics, i fear the path of their so called evolution.
Adapt or leave they said, enjoy the empty universe.

I play PE/EU since 2003 and since it was possible I use Rclick to loot or shooting mobs when i'm not too concentrated in aiming, avoiding to lose ammo when out of target.
I like to quick change 1st/3rd POW by a dedicated key for checking radar, but I really DON'T like this feature.

I usual drag HP for big mobs, but if u want to complete low level quest????
Have u ever dragged HP bars on a merp/ripper wave? :eek:

I play PE/EU since 2003 and since it was possible I use Rclick to loot or shooting mobs when i'm not too concentrated in aiming, avoiding to lose ammo when out of target.
I like to quick change 1st/3rd POW by a dedicated key for checking radar, but I really DON'T like this feature.

I usual drag HP for big mobs, but if u want to complete low level quest????
Have u ever dragged HP bars on a merp/ripper wave? :eek:

Same here... I've been around since 2003 and always used the right click method to loot. It's fast, simple and effective. I agree with those who suggested that the new "feature" could be enabled only in PvP areas. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would surely limit the impact and in the end work as intended. I hope the message will be heard by the developers!

I also have an opinion...

...Sorry was feeling left out!
:yay::laugh::yay:

Epic fail by ma!!

Yes, this RMB function change is clearly meant to create more wasted ammo and decay for MA. The intersting aspect of this thread is how many people don't know how to hunt. This includes comments I have seen from older players I know and respect (or atleast use to respect). Pulling health bars is ok for mobs that take atleast 10 or so shots to kill. However, since they nerfed avatar movment, this method is ridiculously slow for smaller mobs. For me, I simply don't like pulling health bars. Also, I can't imagine why you would hunt with your LMB in FPS, but if you wanted to blow ammo into space, nothing stopped you. For people like me, there is no longer a choice. RMB and LMB are basically the same now. This is an MA cheat or "mistake" that cannot be resonably avoided.

If MA really intended it for PVP, then they should find a way to modify the RMB action for PVP ONLY before just nerfing the RMB for every player in the game. I have no problem with making PK a little more challenging but this type of change of a basic GUI function for all players clearly goes beyond PVP. There is no way that the repercusions on hunting efficiency was an accident. For me, I had no problem with the RMB in PVP. Of course, I assumed that everyone knew how to use the RMB in FPS so I saw no "unfair" advantage in it. The way I see it, making PVP shooting more efficient means more people are likely to engage in PVP avtivity. If there are a few nuts out there that want to shoot there ammo into space in PVP zones, they can alway use there LMB and have at it.

If the impact on hunting really was an unforseen consequence then MA needs to fix it NOW and applogize for the mistake. They need to find another way to try to make PVP more challenging if that really was their true intention.

Peace,
JKP

Of course, I assumed that everyone knew how to use the RMB in FPS so I saw no "unfair" advantage in it.

how did you learn of it in the first place ?

Also, I can't imagine why you would hunt with your LMB in FPS, but if you wanted to blow ammo into space, nothing stopped you.

Because I do not "blow ammo into space" hunting with the left mouse button. For me, that is not a problem.

If there are a few nuts out there that want to shoot there ammo into space in PVP zones, they can alway use there LMB and have at it.

That would be pointless unless everyone is forced to use the left button in PvP.

The whole reason some people like this change is because it now requires some aim skill to hit your opponent in PvP, not just spamming a button the right way.

As I posted earlier (dunno if it was in this thread or another), the best way to handle this in my opinion would be to simply disable right clicking when in PvP (aiming at an avatar in PvP and right clicking would have the same effect as aiming at air and right clicking did) while re-adding the right click function for hunting mobs (as many people seems to need it for various reasons). That way the change for PvP would still be present while hunting would be fixed.

As I posted earlier (dunno if it was in this thread or another), the best way to handle this in my opinion would be to simply disable right clicking when in PvP (aiming at an avatar in PvP and right clicking would have the same effect as aiming at air and right clicking did) while re-adding the right click function for hunting mobs (as many people seems to need it for various reasons). That way the change for PvP would still be present while hunting would be fixed.

This would be ok for me in general since I primarly hunt. However, I still think it would greatly reduce the number of players that participate in PVP. I know I won't play in PVP anymore if it will cost me more ammo and decay. This might work if they increase the use of "low decay" zones in conjuction with some PVP zones similar to the options in the Fortress events.

how did you learn of it in the first place ?

You know when you start the game, in the first day, those popup help messages? Yes, that's how you learn it.

Also, if you press H, a little mouse help window pops up and informs you of the aim/cursor modes and action mappings.

And seriously, what kind of question is that?!

Copied from my post in another thread:

This is all easily fixed. This "upgrade" of systems was requested by Cyrene because they felt right click ruined the hub experience. Everyone simply boycott Cyrene and tell them you won't return until they allow for right click to come back.

Copied from my post in another thread:

This is all easily fixed. This "upgrade" of systems was requested by Cyrene because they felt right click ruined the hub experience. Everyone simply boycott Cyrene and tell them you won't return until they allow for right click to come back.

i seriously doubt this will happen, cyrene needs and wants to attract players from outside entropia, the hub is a mayor part of their selling point, if you tell FPS gamers from outside entropia their is a auto-aim they will laugh at you and move on as to anyone but entropia pk-ers this would be called a aim-bot and cheating :)

Originally, right click never worked, it was introduced after CE2...

Right-clicking has always worked. Maybe not for PKing, but for everything else it has always centered on target and then used tool.

And I always used right click for hunting/looting, especially to avoid wasting shots when not quite sure on the range of the weapon I'm using, so this change is almost a deal breaker for me.

We never had this auto-fire never misfire feature pre-vu10 with the right click...why are such old hunters whining about this now?

Thank you MA for disabling right click to never misfire.

There are plenty of ways to hunt that are still easy and time-effective.

Submit a support case if you have such a problem with it.

So you thank MA because they fucked over the way many people hunt? Just because they don't like to hunt the same way you do? Well aren't you a peach?

Wouldn't this kinda put us back where we were before? Also, how will the game know if your intended target is a player or a mob?

*facepalm*

Edit: crap, triple post, got used to another forum that automatically merges posts. Sorry about that.

Mindark decided to change the mouse right click button of the mouse because of PvP auto click. Thats not link, it was possible to only change the "auto use" behavior.

Now if you use the right click of the mouse with no mob or a dead mob in front of you, then you will spend ammo and decay ...

I right click... know exactly what you mean..... yet another reason to not log on..... I miss the friends... don't miss all these nerfs.... so tired of it all.

Thanks for the warning

I guess I still don't get what all the fuss is about. :scratch2:

I have used both "Put crosshairs on loot-box - right-click loot" - which seems to me to be slower than...

"Hit keyboard hotbutton 1 - loot" and move on in both cases.

Neither one to any ill-effect, excepting for option 1 - when at times finding a seemingly smaller "loot box" than I previously had with a "hit box" results in looting being somewhat slower usually.

I don't always hunt in first person, because it seems also in itself to be slower at times. But I still enjoy it from time to time - unless I'm on a Iron Mission, then I just want to get through it lol.

The only time I find 1st person really useful is to actually get the advertised range of my weapon. I lost count the number of times my avatar has actually stutter-stepped up to within spitting distance of a mob because it was on a slight (VERY slight) hill, or some other thing was wrong (no idea what), when using the auto-aim/range/etc feature - yet, I could go into 1st person, and fire/hit/kill manually, with no problems, this same mob, at full range.

I guess I still don't get what all the fuss is about. :scratch2:

I have used both "Put crosshairs on loot-box - right-click loot" - which seems to me to be slower than...

"Hit keyboard hotbutton 1 - loot" and move on in both cases.

Neither one to any ill-effect, excepting for option 1 - when at times finding a seemingly smaller "loot box" than I previously had with a "hit box" results in looting being somewhat slower usually.

I don't always hunt in first person, because it seems also in itself to be slower at times. But I still enjoy it from time to time - unless I'm on a Iron Mission, then I just want to get through it lol.

The only time I find 1st person really useful is to actually get the advertised range of my weapon. I lost count the number of times my avatar has actually stutter-stepped up to within spitting distance of a mob because it was on a slight (VERY slight) hill, or some other thing was wrong (no idea what), when using the auto-aim/range/etc feature - yet, I could go into 1st person, and fire/hit/kill manually, with no problems, this same mob, at full range.

When this happens, press "E" and hold. :)

~Danimal

The intersting aspect of this thread is how many people don't know how to hunt. This includes comments I have seen from older players I know and respect (or atleast use to respect).

So your way of hunting is the "right" way, and anyone doing it differently is wrong? Good to know:nutkick:.

I've known about the right-click method for ages, just doesn't feel comfortable to me. I fully support MA changing this back as I think people should have the option, but it hasn't affected my game one bit.

What has happened here, happens sooner or later with every software:

159525.strip.gif

Works like this: the customer asks for a new function, you make it happen.
Isn't it cool if you can provide several different methods to your customers? Prefer old school left click - we have it. Prefer more relaxed, half-automatic style - go ahead, we have this as well.

The problem arises when people start to compare the efficiency of all these different interfaces and methods. It's easy to add few new scripts, it's a nightmare to balance it... which in many cases can't be balanced at all.

The picture above says it all.

I don't analyse what I do in-game in terms of right and left clicks, I just develop automatic habits. I came to this thread becuse i noticed I was suddenly wasting a lot of shots. This thread explains why.

Now, I'm sure there must be a load of people like me who will have to spend a very long time retraining themselves, wasting loadsa ammo in the meantime.

For this reason. MA should NOT make such changes any more often than absolutely necesssary.

Now, the reason I don't analyse is because I'm dyslexic, and if I start to think which is right and which is left , I just get confused. That's a very common problem. But I'm sure the re-training problem won't be confined to dyslexics. Everybody on earth develops automatic habits don't they? So -whatever we think- unless MA change this back right away, a good number of us will be wasted ammo for some considerable time to come.

Now, the very worst thing MA can do is spend a few months thinking about it, then change it back, or change it in some other way. Not only will that mean yet another bout of retraining, but some of us will become permanently confused, cos you can only retrain yourself so many times over. That's why we all hate microsoft applications isn't it?

jay

I don't analyse what I do in-game in terms of right and left clicks, I just develop automatic habits. I came to this thread becuse i noticed I was suddenly wasting a lot of shots. This thread explains why.

It's not your fault. We apologize for being so lax about this change and not rampage the support outlets and the forum with more rioting activities. We only hope the developers realize they did not fix the problem at all and they in turn destroyed the experience of half their player base over the entire game space.

Yes i use that all the time, when in team i press space bar for direction if needed!

Exactly the same here!
Pull the bar and auto shoot, you can hit the mob every time.
Just remember to turn off auto shoot when the mob is dead

Back