Suggestion: Universal Auction with one tab only

Starkiller

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
I initialy posted this on Arkadia's Discord Server however I was asked by a couple members this here in order to get more feedback on this suggestion and if popular, to catch MA's attention. This might also be a better place to discuss and better this sugggestion so feel free to improve upon it or criticize it in order to make it better thought out or refute it completely.

So my suggestion is as follows:
- One searchable tab with all the items from all the planets indexed in their respective item category, as it is now;
- Maintain planetary origin and respective fees attached depending on where you "auctioned" the item;
- These fees could be applied either by MA or as a PP planetary tax from x% to y%, I think this would be a good way to "attract" trade to different PP's due to tax fluctuations (I am not an economist however, so perhaps someone with knowledge in this area could improve it);
- Add another filter to the window (like the "unlimited/limited" filter) for "Universal/on planet/off planet" which could be set to "on planet" by default, or "universal";

Pros vs Cons
Identified Pros:
- All items would have increased visibility;
- Planets with competitive prices would certainly gain some popularity;
- More space traffic due to the above;
- Prices would become more standardized due to their easy-in-one-window comparison;
- Would render player / player group alt accounts that monitor the auction house through automation to become less desirable.

Identified Cons:
- Inter-planetary trading (buying low somewhere to sell high somewhere else) would be more difficult as items would be more easily comparable and therefore make people think more on the choice of buying/traveling;
- Would remove some of the effort of finding the best deals in the auction house, which could take out some of the advantage of those who do such efforts for their own profits.

I am sure more pros and cons could be found, but these are the ones that came off the top of my head.
Would like to remind again that this is a discussion and hopefully we can keep it civil and constructive along the way to make it a proper discussion.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Bump it for relevance and more discussion

This really just comes down to if they want other planets BESIDES Caly to flourish or not...

What you suggest are pages like Amazon, Alibaba and what not, offering and comparing item prices from all over the world, like they do since 2010.

PE is a Sci-Fi game, a thousand years in the future.
What you are asking for is will be totally utopistic. A medieval utopia from the game's perspective.
[/sarcasm off]

What if they went the other way and removed the ability to see planet specific auctions unless you were on said planet?

I believe with the contract system proposed for UE5 you'll see the ability to either fill boxes and place them on Global Auction for people to bid on, pickup then deliver to another planet claiming the delivery fee (the contract system takes care of ownership of the items/boxes) OR this same ability with single items/stacks.

I doubt they implement anything until the changeover.

This really just comes down to if they want other planets BESIDES Caly to flourish or not...
Hm, could be however I think it's a lack of coding resources thing than anything else, or a bit of lack of vision from whoever is in charge of the "Quality of Life" department of the team, if there is any.

What you suggest are pages like Amazon, Alibaba and what not, offering and comparing item prices from all over the world, like they do since 2010.

PE is a Sci-Fi game, a thousand years in the future.
What you are asking for is will be totally utopistic. A medieval utopia from the game's perspective.
[/sarcasm off]
I understood this sarcasm quite well, however from personal experience Amazon is not the best example as it has "localized hubs" - Amazon.com has a different selection of items displayed vs amazon.es or amazon.co.uk

Never used Alibaba... But in all seriousness, does this idea sound so far fetched? some people were against it but I would like them to post their rebuttals here so we can have a constructive discussion on this matter and improve a potential suggestion to MA.

Having all items, sortable with the current table, would most likely improve all aspects of the game, if anyone has ideas saying otherwise (consequences that we are not viewing, personaly would like to see them written down)

What if they went the other way and removed the ability to see planet specific auctions unless you were on said planet?

I believe with the contract system proposed for UE5 you'll see the ability to either fill boxes and place them on Global Auction for people to bid on, pickup then deliver to another planet claiming the delivery fee (the contract system takes care of ownership of the items/boxes) OR this same ability with single items/stacks.

I don't see how "hiding" auctions unless you're there makes it any better... It certainly makes it more expensive both in time and peds to browse all the auctions to find the right markets and the right timings, which could in turn make the auctions on different planets even worse, since those who travel right now to get said items from browsing through the different tabs, will not do so anymore.

This would just be 100 times more ass than it is today.

Unless of course the goal is to utterly kill other planets more and more, then of course, this would be a fantastic idea.

Identified Cons:
- Inter-planetary trading (buying low somewhere to sell high somewhere else) would be more difficult as items would be more easily comparable and therefore make people think more on the choice of buying/traveling;

I feel this con only applies to:

1. people who think planet <insert name> is the only planet they can play the game on. full stop.
2. people who want to complete a mission and go "i need 4x of this item... but all i see is this 10 times overpriced thing... fuck it i cannot be fucked waiting"

And then, is it really a con as much as just more becoming a pro by not having people praying anymore? (I say this ignoring people who ferry amps or other stuff over, but are so braindead that they forget to check if buying it of caly and adding transport fees would still be cheaper ..... simple looking isnt a lot of resellers forté)

Unless of course the goal is to utterly kill other planets more and more, then of course, this would be a fantastic idea.
Unless you believe other planets have nothing of value, it would do the complete opposite in force players to visit other planets and make use of space more frequently. However, in it's current form the delivery fee would need be removed, which likely will not happen until UE5 when something better is bound to come along anyhow :)

Unless you believe other planets have nothing of value, it would do the complete opposite in force players to visit other planets and make use of space more frequently. However, in it's current form the delivery fee would need be removed, which likely will not happen until UE5 when something better is bound to come along anyhow :)

Sorry, I took the troll bait.

I get it now. The amount of zaza you're on if you're for real is some next level stuff...

I understood this sarcasm quite well, [...]
But in all seriousness, does this idea sound so far fetched?

No, it certainly does NOT sound far fetched.
You actually described what im looking for in PE since i learned in 2008 how great the auction system of EVE Online works for stackables (like minerals, here and there).

But since the perfectly round system is EVE Online's auction system, PE would rather gnaw its arm off trying to reinvent square wheels before adapting someone else's wonderfully perfectly working circular system.

I fully support your idea.

Last edited:
I feel this con only applies to:

1. people who think planet <insert name> is the only planet they can play the game on. full stop.
2. people who want to complete a mission and go "i need 4x of this item... but all i see is this 10 times overpriced thing... fuck it i cannot be fucked waiting"

And then, is it really a con as much as just more becoming a pro by not having people praying anymore? (I say this ignoring people who ferry amps or other stuff over, but are so braindead that they forget to check if buying it of caly and adding transport fees would still be cheaper ..... simple looking isnt a lot of resellers forté)
Perhaps, I mean it is a con because it will affect someone's gameplay, so we have to be fair when evaluation pros and cons and be unbiased, that is the reason I would like to keep this discussion going to mature such a suggestion because it clearly could be refined and has plenty of room for improvement.

Delivery fee is a form of ped decayse and direct retention for the company. I don't really agree it should go away, because it forces people into evaluation wether or not it's worth it to carry items from one planet to another, and gives more life to this utterly automated universe.

No, it certainly does NOT sound far fetched.
You actually described what im looking for in PE since i learned in 2008 how great the auction system of EVE Online works for stackables (like minerals, here and there).

But since the perfectly round system is EVE Online's auction system, PE would rather gnaw its arm off trying to reinvent square wheels before adapting someone else's wonderfully perfectly working circular system.

I fully support your idea.
With enough support and maturing on this suggestion, I believe MA will not set aside that feeling you exemplified but also at the very least take note of it and ponder on some improvement for the next engine.

In short: bumping this up for more conversation.

There is one thing that strikes me though reading this thread that im not sure people are aware off. WHen you hear people mostly talking about a globall auction, you realize what people want (this wording becacuse its what i hear people follow up with) is.

- One global auction IE one "tab" auction house is simply auction house across the universe.
- If you are on caly and buy something from arkadia, there are no additional fees.

The reason people want this and what it feels people may not be aware of is that, you can aready browse arkadia's auction house, and more so, you can even buy stuff from other planets but time or money is a annoying stopper (this is the slightly unecessary part that people dislike).

Yes, it would mean that you can't buy 50 cheap amps on caly, fly to arkadia and sell them at a 50% price increase on arkadia, and have people buy them for that on arkadia purely because they either are stuck there and have no other option than to accept these idiotic prices, OR (and his is often not the case) the prices of the itms are higher but kept just under what it would cost to eiither fly/warp back to caly to buy them or just buy it off the auction and wait / pay the fee for faster delivery.

So a unified tab, but keeping fees, wld simply do nothing, it would make it easier, but it would not make i cheaper, and it would not make it more accessible. One could use a argument that finding Pristine parts from cyrene on toulan auction would be more viable but, that is a thing that happens rather infrequent as it is anyways, you know to select cyrene and look. hence easeir, it would not change pricing at all.

And the pricing, is the main reason you don't really hear people wish to spend time on other planets all that long, its expensive and inconvenient to do so. Which is also why albeit harsh wording, the great adventurers plan's idea is to me at least just as polar opposite of what i hear anyone talking about other planets as it can get. Its a idea someone would utter if the goal was to squeeze even more forced payment out of people who do travel around. With 0 regard for actuall traffic to a planet.

So the way I see global auctions would be removing the fee, no planet tabs, its all just one. add a flavour text to items if needed where its origin is, but neable a player of any level or status in the game, with any knowledge, to move around and populate other places without being forced to adhere to stupid pricing from praying resellers.

And while people hate me for saying this:

I would much rather see all the planet partners, all planets getting increased amount of long term players of any proffesion. even if it means to hurt how much a handful of opportunistic resellers make.

And it goes without saying its fairly logic that if even lowbies can go to another planet and hunt and be on any planet they want to, knowing they can still get tools, and items and thingsto keep them going for longer without needing to rely on "oh god i'm out of stuff i have to return to caly now...." without needing to jump 900 hoops of MU and master grade inside game knowledge, that would be fantastic as there would in turn be more items avaialbe as more people spread and more things are being hunted.

Note; I say hunter and hunted as if its the only thing you can do on other planets, its the main and only thing _I_ do in the game, the above would obviously also function the same for crafters, and miners.

i mean hell we might even see a lot more things being crafted as miners can spread out and comfortably sell anything from anywhere without penalty, and crafters can craft anything from anywhere because they have access to every material. (this is accessible now too, but the pricing of fees make it obsolete to bother)

Mindark owns Calypso, Mindark want players to stay on Calypso to feed their income even if it makes it harder for ppl to enjoy the game and sell their stuff. Mindark creates Mayhem that is specific to Calypso, i highly doubt planet patners get a cut of the mayhem earnings.

Remove pvplootable from space and ppl can start cargo buisniess transporting loot from planet to planet... but no.. why should mindark do something that dont make them more peds? Why should mindark make something that would make players more engaged? nono... loootious forbids!

Mindark owns Calypso, Mindark want players to stay on Calypso to feed their income even if it makes it harder for ppl to enjoy the game and sell their stuff. Mindark creates Mayhem that is specific to Calypso, i highly doubt planet patners get a cut of the mayhem earnings.

Remove pvplootable from space and ppl can start cargo buisniess transporting loot from planet to planet... but no.. why should mindark do something that dont make them more peds? Why should mindark make something that would make players more engaged? nono... loootious forbids!
this is a sad truth. from a business perspective i guess it kinda makes sense.....not condoning it but cant badger them for it either. also when u provide a main market on Calypso, Theres not much reason to think about diversifying it. For me this is akin to the US petro dollar. change is not widely accepted, no matter how fortuitous the reason for it maybe. thats just human nature.🤷‍♂️

There is one thing that strikes me though reading this thread that im not sure people are aware off. WHen you hear people mostly talking about a globall auction, you realize what people want (this wording becacuse its what i hear people follow up with) is.

- One global auction IE one "tab" auction house is simply auction house across the universe.
- If you are on caly and buy something from arkadia, there are no additional fees.

The reason people want this and what it feels people may not be aware of is that, you can aready browse arkadia's auction house, and more so, you can even buy stuff from other planets but time or money is a annoying stopper (this is the slightly unecessary part that people dislike).

Yes, it would mean that you can't buy 50 cheap amps on caly, fly to arkadia and sell them at a 50% price increase on arkadia, and have people buy them for that on arkadia purely because they either are stuck there and have no other option than to accept these idiotic prices, OR (and his is often not the case) the prices of the itms are higher but kept just under what it would cost to eiither fly/warp back to caly to buy them or just buy it off the auction and wait / pay the fee for faster delivery.

So a unified tab, but keeping fees, wld simply do nothing, it would make it easier, but it would not make i cheaper, and it would not make it more accessible. One could use a argument that finding Pristine parts from cyrene on toulan auction would be more viable but, that is a thing that happens rather infrequent as it is anyways, you know to select cyrene and look. hence easeir, it would not change pricing at all.

And the pricing, is the main reason you don't really hear people wish to spend time on other planets all that long, its expensive and inconvenient to do so. Which is also why albeit harsh wording, the great adventurers plan's idea is to me at least just as polar opposite of what i hear anyone talking about other planets as it can get. Its a idea someone would utter if the goal was to squeeze even more forced payment out of people who do travel around. With 0 regard for actuall traffic to a planet.

So the way I see global auctions would be removing the fee, no planet tabs, its all just one. add a flavour text to items if needed where its origin is, but neable a player of any level or status in the game, with any knowledge, to move around and populate other places without being forced to adhere to stupid pricing from praying resellers.

And while people hate me for saying this:

I would much rather see all the planet partners, all planets getting increased amount of long term players of any proffesion. even if it means to hurt how much a handful of opportunistic resellers make.

And it goes without saying its fairly logic that if even lowbies can go to another planet and hunt and be on any planet they want to, knowing they can still get tools, and items and thingsto keep them going for longer without needing to rely on "oh god i'm out of stuff i have to return to caly now...." without needing to jump 900 hoops of MU and master grade inside game knowledge, that would be fantastic as there would in turn be more items avaialbe as more people spread and more things are being hunted.

Note; I say hunter and hunted as if its the only thing you can do on other planets, its the main and only thing _I_ do in the game, the above would obviously also function the same for crafters, and miners.

i mean hell we might even see a lot more things being crafted as miners can spread out and comfortably sell anything from anywhere without penalty, and crafters can craft anything from anywhere because they have access to every material. (this is accessible now too, but the pricing of fees make it obsolete to bother)
This suggestion does not come from the source you indicated but actualy from the lack of necessary visibility of the items within the auction system. In it's current state you have to invest unnecessary effort to compare items, which some will and some can (some people or groups of people even automate this to some extent - aka alts constantly monitoring the auction houses through macros). This could be fixed through the suggestion I posted, making it a "fairer" market place for both PP's and players alike. It will also render one more gameplay abuse less useful, as the creation of alt characters to be online 24/7 to monitor and gather details from the auction house would be less advantageous over the "average player".

I disagree that it would "do nothing", introducing the pro that I stated above to the previous ones I mentioned in the first post. This change will make it easier for anyone searching for any item to compare values across the universe in order to evaluate which planet would be the best to sell and best to buy with a lot less effort, that can be done regardless. It is simply unneeded steps at the moment, and only benefit machines and other automations.

As for the fees, I see them as a customs tax just like IRL: It is somewhat needed since it makes people want to or funnel them into staying on wherever they are and produce to the local market instead of a universal one. On the other hand removing it would surely benefit all players, but we should not be biased towards ourselves. This is why I don't think it's on topic as this suggestion isn't so much about changing these details but rather one of the fundamental principles behind listing items within our universe. Wether or not they need to be taxed is a whole new discussion and will be off topic if we continue down that path.

Bumping this up and finishing up to say I added 1 more pro and 1 more con to the suggestion, thanks to the above quote.

Pros vs Cons
Identified Pros:
- All items would have increased visibility;
- Planets with competitive prices would certainly gain some popularity;
- More space traffic due to the above;
- Prices would become more standardized due to their easy-in-one-window comparison;
- Would render player / player group alt accounts that monitor the auction house through automation to become less desirable.

Identified Cons:
- Would remove some of the effort of finding the best deals in the auction house, which could take out some of the advantage of those who do such efforts for their own profits.

Thanks for the discussion to all so far.

Last edited:
Bump it up for some awareness and more discussion

yes, one auction tab please. Why ark underground has its own auction tab, i have no idea.

yes, one auction tab please. Why ark underground has its own auction tab, i have no idea.

That's one of the reasons the current system doesn't really make sense right?

I understand it could be a game engine limitation that they circled around with this solution, but I hope this is fixed or rethought on UE5

How does the "Global Auction" work? The tab.

Fees for delivery for everyone?

How does the "Global Auction" work? The tab.

Fees for delivery for everyone?
From what I understood it's an auction for MA listed items, which is seen across the universe. I think there are no fees attached to that one, but given the amount of times we have seen such auctions it's harder to reason with.

Bump it up for more yays or nays

so easy... one acution
no pickup fee istant delivery
no minimum fee - just 1% based on transaction value - no listing fee pay just on sale
totally anonymous - no one knows who is doing what
can buy ANY amount of best offer stack and if require more than fist level offer automatically buy more of second and third offer
secure system that prevent to put stupid prices
emoval of silly percentage on selected items (pec per box, pec per click on (L) BP, and such

devs Hint: Open a test account on Lost Ark or World of Warcraft to see how an AH is to be programmed to make players happy

so easy... one acution
no pickup fee istant delivery
no minimum fee - just 1% based on transaction value - no listing fee pay just on sale
totally anonymous - no one knows who is doing what
can buy ANY amount of best offer stack and if require more than fist level offer automatically buy more of second and third offer
secure system that prevent to put stupid prices
emoval of silly percentage on selected items (pec per box, pec per click on (L) BP, and such

devs Hint: Open a test account on Lost Ark or World of Warcraft to see how an AH is to be programmed to make players happy

So breaking it down:
1. Agree;
2. Disagree because of mentioned opinions on the thread, I believe it is a healthy way to localize market and create trade opportunities for those aware;
3. Mixed feelings on this, because there should be some consequence to using the system, sure we are already punished with a slot limit but the market not having a base consequence might create a lot of scamming opportunities for too many players;
4. Interesting and could be both good and bad - Something worth delving deeper into for sure;
5. Not sure what you mean by this;
6. Well fees and messages are already doing so... It should remain free because for this suggestion to work you would need a standard price to compare prices with and stuff like that, and would make it rather complex, given this is a free market;
7. Agree but I also think it's a system limitation and some degree of laziness from MA to make it any better.

Back