Unlocked MDA:)

gekkegerrit

Old Alpha
Society
Pets For Sale
I unlocked Martial Arts four days ago at 3439 longblades, and today i finally got MeleeDamageAssessment at 3518 longblades, its been a long long journey :laugh:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

edit..
here are the other stats (these are after i used 4 1x0's after unlocking mda)

CR 1779
HMW 1466
IMD 1298
LB 3523
MA 214
MC 2122
PF 1242
SB 78
WH 1256
Whip 2109

I found the best skill gains were from using an axe 1x0 against daikbas,exas,berrys and snables. A good way of seeing how close you are to unlocking MDA is to look at you skill progress on the Nano Katana, when it says skill progression is 100% you've got MDA:)

Last edited:
Gratz! :) If it was a long way till those buggers wait for the other hidden skills to pop up :))

Gratz :)

Hard work - but its worth it :D

GRATZ!!! :D

im soo exited, im at 3k Lb, and praying MA comes soon... will be first skill unlocked! :tongue2:

Gratz :cool:

What was your melee combat/inflic melee dmg? ;)

Gratz Gerrit :)
Didn't know the unlocked so shortly after each other.

I am @3496 LB now and no MA or MDA yet
PF = 490
SB = 540

I must be sooooooo close .....

Can you post some other melee stats like IMD?

THX in advcance.
+rep

ViperGTS said:
Gratz Gerrit :)
Didn't know the unlocked so shortly after each other.

I am @3496 LB now and no MA or MDA yet
PF = 490
SB = 540

I must be sooooooo close .....

+rep

I read in pe wikii charts,and they said there that to unlock martial arts,u need to reach the capable level in one melee profession.. capable is 2k, me and some of my friends already passed 2k in lb,and no martial arts,so i think that has to do with the melee skill or inflict melee damage.. is it true? any1 knows?

Mathayus said:
I read in pe wikii charts,and they said there that to unlock martial arts,u need to reach the capable level in one melee profession.. capable is 2k, me and some of my friends already passed 2k in lb,and no martial arts,so i think that has to do with the melee skill or inflict melee damage.. is it true? any1 knows?

You need to be Capable in you melee professional standing.
This comes much later then the skill rank of LB.
I am still adept swordsmen and have 3496 LB.
And it are the other melee skills that aren't high enough, like IMD etc

Yes... Even if you had chipped all of your melee related skills to exactly 2k you still wouldn't have it because the pro standing also takes into account the unlocked skills that you currently don't have...

Panther said:
Gratz! :) If it was a long way till those buggers wait for the other hidden skills to pop up :))

It felt like a long journey because i'd skilled up to 3k lb using the 1x0 then they removed the electrical damage and announced that taming was coming, so i stoped skilling lb and skilled whip until i unlocked Animal Taming. Although the whip is a light melee weapon it does give a lot of general melee related skills.

Thanks for the Gratz everyone, posted my other skills, hope this helps:)

Gratz with the unlocks :)
I wonder why i dont get none of these skills with 3602 LB :confused:

Manhunt said:

As mentioned earlier you need to be capable swordsman... The original poster has quite a lot of other melee primary skills (see whip) and so will have more secondary melee skills than you which are counting towards his pro standing.

Gratz mate, I'm chasing those unlocks now myself after unlocking Marksmanship and skillling part the way to RDA, I have now decided to do MA and MDA first, then go back to rifles.

Manhunt said:

Did u chip long blades? If so it means all the feeder skills (melee damage, inflict melee etc) are out of balance and will not be contributing heavily enough to your 3.6k lb skill

These unlocks also unlock for people at different times, it could be that you're just unlucky and you'll have to wait longer, however, chances are you will unlock MA and MDA almost simultaneously.

AkiranBlade said:
Did u chip long blades?

No I didnt chip LB, I just hunted and then hunted some more. My experience tells me its better to kill more small mobs than one or 2 bigmobs as it seems that sometimes you get an extra skill bonus for each mob killed.

gekkegerrit said:
No I didnt chip LB, I just hunted and then hunted some more. My experience tells me its better to kill more small mobs than one or 2 bigmobs as it seems that sometimes you get an extra skill bonus for each mob killed.

Then it's gotta be soon :D

I am not sure but the number of times you see the green text doesn't mean you get the same amount of skill each time you get 1 line of text. I may be wrong on this, but if you hit a snable and get 1 line of green text, and then you hit an atrox and get 1 line of green text, is it not the case the the atrox one actually gives you a bit more?

gratz gekke :)

hope ill unlock it too one day ... But i'm far ... still fighting for markmanship :tongue2: (gotta be unlocked this weekend i think)

I got MMS really early but I think it was because I started using a decent pistol and an ml-35 very early on

AkiranBlade said:
I am not sure but the number of times you see the green text doesn't mean you get the same amount of skill each time you get 1 line of text. I may be wrong on this, but if you hit a snable and get 1 line of green text, and then you hit an atrox and get 1 line of green text, is it not the case the the atrox one actually gives you a bit more?

This is what ma said after vu.7.4 when they overhauled the skilling system,
When you hunt creatures, the system can sometime generate a skill experience bonus when the creature is killed.

I tested this several times, taking a bunch of axes and skilling or argos,corns would give me 5 lb levels, doing the same on daiks,exas,snables and berrys would give me 12 lb levels ;)

gekkegerrit said:
I tested this several times, taking a bunch of axes and skilling or argos,corns would give me 5 lb levels, doing the same on daiks,exas,snables and berrys would give me 12 lb levels ;)

Killing more mobs = More skill bonuses? :dunno:

Back