Untradeable Attribute tokens to Attribute Token Trader

Allow fractional points due to the reasons below?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sigh. Not yet. Your intentions are rather obvious. You're asking for proof that this is in fact the problem. The only reason to do this is to attempt to discredit said proof. Theyre under no obligation to provide any sort of explanation.

Really neither of us gets our solution to this issue though. Tokens, as it seems, have to be handed in as batches of 100. No fractional attribute credits, and no increases to the XP bar.

So this is a moot point at this stage.

No I'm not I'm perfectly fine with his explanation I just want to hear the long boring thingie he was talking about. Again you keep putting words into my mouth. Do you seriously have nothing better to do than to rag on me all day?

~Danimal

No I'm not I'm perfectly fine with his explanation I just want to hear the long boring thingie he was talking about. Again you keep putting words into my mouth. Do you seriously have nothing better to do than to rag on me all day?

~Danimal

Take care, he's gonna neg rep you s00n, if that was not done already lol...

But Mr Magyar talks a lot and do not even remember what he is saying... Time for a break ?

Take care, he's gonna neg rep you s00n, if that was not done already lol...

But Mr Magyar talks a lot and do not even remember what he is saying... Time for a break ?

I probably did yesterday, however nothing he has said today warrants any sort of negative feedback. Theyre perfectly discussible points. He thinks Im trying to put words in his mouth. I think hes using that cliche to evade the obvious implications of his request!

Nothing personal there, just different perspectives.

<removed>
I've actually handed out some +reps in this thread too, to people who disagreed with me but did it intelligently. <removed>

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably did yesterday, however nothing he has said today warrants any sort of negative feedback. Theyre perfectly discussible points. He thinks Im trying to put words in his mouth. I think hes using that cliche to evade the obvious implications of his request!

Nothing personal there, just different perspectives.

<removed>
I've actually handed out some +reps in this thread too, to people who disagreed with me but did it intelligently. <removed>

DAMN LOL, why are you talking to me again !!!!

<removed>

<removed>
I ask officially here to 711 to ban me immediately from this forum if he can find somwhere where i threatened you.

In the opposite case, i ask 711 to ban you from this forum... <removed>

I pm 711 now

<removed>
I ask officially here to 711 to ban me immediately from this forum if he can find somwhere where i threatened you.

In the opposite case, i ask 711 to ban you from this forum... <removed>

I pm 711 now

Cool dude. Knock yourself out. Im really not concerned with any sort of forum ban. My life will not be affected in any way (other than perhaps I will get more work done).

<removed>

/shrug

Dear Developers,

Can you pretty please make it so that we can obtain fractional points for each attribute token that we trade in? As it stands ... some old players have most missions done and the new missions i.e. Primordial Longu mission chain reward with 50 Agility Tokens.... which I can not EVER trade to the token trader because she will only accept increments of 100 tokens... there are no other missions that I can do that will reward me with a total of 100 tokens... Can you please fix this :)

Or could you please make it so that I can immediate pick my reward that I wanted? Didn't you say that there would be an option upon completion of a mission to either pick the prize immediate or the tokens to save for later? Well..... there was only a token option....

~Danimal

back on topic,
love and peace.

we done now plz....

Reactions: das
Dear Developers,

Can you pretty please make it so that we can obtain fractional points for each attribute token that we trade in? As it stands ... some old players have most missions done and the new missions i.e. Primordial Longu mission chain reward with 50 Agility Tokens.... which I can not EVER trade to the token trader because she will only accept increments of 100 tokens... there are no other missions that I can do that will reward me with a total of 100 tokens... Can you please fix this :)

Or could you please make it so that I can immediate pick my reward that I wanted? Didn't you say that there would be an option upon completion of a mission to either pick the prize immediate or the tokens to save for later? Well..... there was only a token option....

~Danimal

FYI: Attribute tokens are NOT able to be looted from other avatars, nor are they able to be traded.

To address the issue raised in the opening post-- One of the reasons the attribute token system was implemented was that it provides much more flexibility in the awarding of attribute rewards for completed missions.

Due to -very detailed and quite boring- technical reasons related to the way the mission system works and the way attribute points are handled internally by the engine, the mission system is only able to award a single attribute point for completed missions. This means that not only is it not possible to award 1/2 an attribute point for a mission, nor is it possible to award 3 attribute points for a very difficult mission.

The new attribute token system addresses both of those limitations, and allows partners to create missions with (fractional) attribute rewards for relatively low-level creatures which do not qualify for full-point attribute rewards under the mission rewards guidelines.

A nice side benefit of the attribute token system is that it also gives players the freedom of deciding when to redeem the attribute points earned, a flexibility which many players seem very happy with.

Unfortunately, the limitation described above also applies to the attribute token NPC, which is actually no different than other mission brokers. This explains why the only option offered by the attribute token NPC is that of exchanging 100 attribute tokens for 1 attribute point.

I'd have to check the database to be 100% sure, but I am fairly certain that no player has completed every single mission that awards attributes on each and every planet. If you have a stack of attribute tokens smaller than 100 units, it is very likely that you will be able to find an uncompleted mission somewhere that will allow you to bring the total to 100 and redeem your attribute point.

Also, new missions are being added regularly by Entropia Universe planet partners. For example, Calypso has several new Iron Challenge missions in the pipeline for the next partner release, and you can expect similar missions from the other planet partners.

In other words, there is little to fear that you will ever be stuck with "leftover" attribute tokens for very long.

Yep. We're done.

I'd have to check the database to be 100% sure, but I am fairly certain that no player has completed every single mission that awards attributes on each and every planet.

Some people say though that space was made to deter people from "planet jumping" (ganking from pirates to push people back to planet and such) and in that perspective it would be nicer if it was possible to add fractional parts of attributes.

But thanks for letting us know that in the forseeable future it will be hard to redeem partial attribute gains.

My guess is that 1 attribute skilled doesn't fully skill linear (get's harder at the end of the point), just like with other skills

My guess is that 1 attribute skilled doesn't fully skill linear (get's harder at the end of the point), just like with other skills

I guess that to, or more like, they have TT values, and there is a function in the database to set the attribute value to a certain level (make it 1, 20 or 500), and that that function is also used to increas eattributes (you retrive current attribute value, you add 1.0 to it, and then you use that function to store the new value). But, at least theoretically, you should be able to instead of add 1.0 you add 0.2, and you write back the new value.

Unless of course then, that the attributes really are stored as a pair of values... But if it's stored as a pair of values, I wonder what happens when attribute value goes from let's say 10.9 to 11.2 in one jump.

Sigh. Not yet. Your intentions are rather obvious. You're asking for proof that this is in fact the problem. The only reason to do this is to attempt to discredit said proof. Theyre under no obligation to provide any sort of explanation.

Really neither of us gets our solution to this issue though. Tokens, as it seems, have to be handed in as batches of 100. No fractional attribute credits, and no increases to the XP bar.

So this is a moot point at this stage.

Since you are satisfied with the explanation you can see yourself out of the thread.

Since you are satisfied with the explanation you can see yourself out of the thread.

Yes, it is true that <removed><removed><removed><removed><removed>.

Strange public forum rules ... "the hand of god" !

You can always check the work I did with my Psyche : Psyche 56 to 57
This may give you some answers. But it was 5 years ago.
We all know that nothing is static in this game, It could have changed.

Last edited:
You can always check the work I did with my Psyche : Psyche 56 to 57
This may gave you some answers. But it was 5 years ago.
We all know that nothing is static in this game, It could have changed.

Will concur with this. It absolutely does. This is why folks at MA elected, I'm guessing, to give tokens rather than scores at the end of each mission. Allows participants to choose when to get their rewards, or choose to save them of course. Min/Max rewards, as it were.

I knew exactly what was going to happen, and how things were going to be done, BEFORE attributes tokens were going to be implemented.
Post #312
That was pure logic knowing how mindark are behaving all the time, following the same track all the time.
May be you should apply the definition of "Illiterate" to yourself...

I really need nobody.

* And I agree in all points with Xen & Danimal in this thread.

I think they should just make the attribute tokens tradable. I wouldn't mind selling off tokens if there was a market for them. I'm sure all the ubers would pay gratuitous amounts of PED for Stamina tokens.

Thanks for the explanation, but I don't understand why we can't get <1 attribute point added by a broker, but we can get teeny tiny fractions of attributes added while we play.

I'd actually like to see that "very detailed and boring" explanation of why this can't be done.

I would guess that it's because of how mission brokers work (token exchanger being mission broker). They seems to have limited number of possible interactions.

Now its probably something along this lines:

Code:
increase_one_point(attrib); //function increasing attribute by one point

if (token_amount == 100) {
    if (token_type == agility) increase_one_point(agility);
    if (token_type == strength) increase_one_point(strength);
    if (token_type == intelligence) increase_one_point(intelligence);
    if (token_type == stamina) increase_one_point(stamina);
    if (token_type == psyche) increase_one_point(psyche);
    else break;
    }
else display "You need exactly 100 attribute tokens.";

The solution would be to change few lines of code to do something like:

Code:
increase_attrib(attrib, amount); //function increasing attribute by 0.01 for each 1 in amount

if (token_type == agility) increase_attrib(agility, token_amount);
[etc]

Ofcourse it's only my imagination of current situation ;p

Magyar_Republic said:
<removed>

As for this troll.... I skip all his posts since long time already...

lol @ Magyar neg repping me.

Hey douche, you trolled the thread with mind numbing, hair splitting arguments irrelevant to the OP. :handjob:

But I'll still not neg rep you because I'm not like... you.

Great guy to be writing news articles...

I think they should just make the attribute tokens tradable.

Absolutely not.

Not only are attributes currently the only non-sellable (except Sweat Gathering) skill, but making them sellable would probably lead to a huge amount of alts being created to farm the relatively easy attribute giving missions.

Apart from that, we'd soon end up with a few rich guys with stats like 1000 agility and/or 100 stamina :rolleyes:

Apart from that, we'd soon end up with a few rich guys with stats like 1000 agility and/or 100 stamina :rolleyes:

if you have a problem with that you should consider a non rce game

The argument is that some things in game should not be able to be bought, and should only be possible to be earned.

Don't twist my words Xen, I never said I wanted them to be tradeble.
Then again, we can clearly see that MA allready put a price on them

Don't twist my words Xen, I never said I wanted them to be tradeble.
Then again, we can clearly see that MA allready put a price on them

Wasn't trying to twist words. :scratch2: That's just what it seemed you were implying.

Nop, what i was trying to say is that if you can't live with the fact that 'rich' ppl will 'progress' more, then you are playing the wrong game wether it's attributes, skills or gear

if you can't live with the fact that 'rich' ppl will 'progress' more

That is not the issue I was talking about either, as I have no problems with that. I simply see a balancing problem in letting attributes be bought and sold, as well as some other problems. It has nothing to do with rich people progressing further, that was simply an example I made.

Maybe have 10 tokens as rewards in a yearly event too, e.g MM.
That way we can even out some of the different amount of tokens, and it
wouldn't boost that much either if we were only out for a "fresh" point of attribute,
since it would take 10years to get one point. ;)

Maybe have 10 tokens as rewards in a yearly event too, e.g MM.
That way we can even out some of the different amount of tokens, and it
wouldn't boost that much either if we were only out for a "fresh" point of attribute,
since it would take 10years to get one point. ;)

how about 2 per planet in a yearly event?.. The events will be lined up so that every planet has one big event like that for a month... december - calypso, january - rt, february - Arkadia, march - Cyrene, etc... and do like that for every planet in the game, for however many planets there are at that given point... it'd have to roll around all the way to the last planet added in game before first would get a shot again..

Bump.

Still would like to be able to turn in <100 attribute tokens and get an attribute gain (e.g. 25 tokens = 25% of a level, 10 tokens = 10% of a level, etc.).

Back