Upcoming changes to disciple graduation levels 24 Oct 2005

Dannei

Dominant
Slayer "Dannei" Meanmachine
In the upcoming Version Update (VU 7.7) two graduation skill levels will be increased. The affected skills are Prospecting and Surveying.

What are they ? =)

well, its time too! IIRC these two are still at, what? 160? that can be reached within 500 bombs I think? if you do it right that is. so...i hope it just doesnt get to 2k or something simular. more like.....500

Those two skills are used in mining :)
Surveying is used when probing for EnMatter and Prospecting is used when bombing for ore.
Basically, they represent the ability to compare the signals from the detection devices :D

Hehe.. i thought i recognized them.. ;) as i been fulltime mining since i started 1 week ago =)

Yeah, it was way too easy to graduate in mining. Now we hope MA has hidden some nice lvl. 6 - 10 miningequip in there :)

In other news the sale of survey probes on calypso has suddenly skyrocketed but with no apperant increase in availiable enmatter recorces to go with it.

The Imperial Mining Office refused to comment on the situation when confronted by an EBN reporter.

hey at least MA are telling us in advance :)

yay that rox! no more (at least less) disciple exploit with those skills!!
you could get to 160 in like 300 bombs......and if you were good enough you could even had profite with the ores you found. Finally MA decided to change it, now just wish it's around or less than 500 and not 1k or more ;)

* :naughty: rushing towards of 105 to finish skillng it*
* :umn: searching all bushes on Eudoria in the quest for OF 106*

woo hoo lvl 6+ mining equip.. marco = nice one :D

and yes, its way too easy to get 160 surveying. Ask snowflake - i did the mentoring in 7.5 hours :p

----EDITED----

Last edited:
Devilmaster said:
Nerfing again i see. Too easy to get mentorship finnished? With the stuff mentoring actualy drops(pure crap) n the low gained skill in mentoring i see no reason for this.

This is a good change since it was to easy to skill disciples, you should have great master whiner as rank on this forum, i have seen alot of this kind of posts from you.

----EDITED----

Last edited:
Devilmaster said:
Yep i tend to worrie about the money i put into the game n if that makes me a whiner then fine. Is this a good thing for the mentor or deciple really?

It´s a good thing because ppl has been exploiting the system, find a depsoit and rebomb without claiming it until diciple is ready and that was done very fast.

toad said:
It´s a good thing because ppl has been exploiting the system, find a depsoit and rebomb without claiming it until diciple is ready and that was done very fast.
You get prostpecting on allmost every bomb now deposit or no deposit. ;)

Gabriel said:
yay that rox! no more (at least less) disciple exploit with those skills!!
you could get to 160 in like 300 bombs......and if you were good enough you could even had profite with the ores you found. Finally MA decided to change it, now just wish it's around or less than 500 and not 1k or more ;)

U definetly cant get 160 survery skills with 300 probes lol.. U need at least 600 - 1000 bombs..

uhm nop. I did it with 200ped (400probes) with some spares, and i wasnt even rebombing a claim.

With the skill bonus on the right tools its certainly possible to get 160 in Surveying with 300 (ish) probes. I only started mining this vu, and my skill gains have been silly compared to others that i know where mining before the vu update. I get a Surveying skill 9/10 probes dropped whether i find a deposit or not. Good to see MA closing a possible exploit in the mentor system.

Caroline said:
U definetly cant get 160 survery skills with 300 probes lol.. U need at least 600 - 1000 bombs..

believe me or not but it's what i did....300 bombs & 300 probes ot get to 160 in both

well, since the skills required have risen, id like to see the rewards risen also. i want that mod fap so i can take disiples hunting decent mobs, instead of berries, i want that ml-35 so if a big mob attacks my disiple, i can fend it off quickly, but i dont see that happeing...

ffs when will you stop whining >.<

deo said:
well, since the skills required have risen, id like to see the rewards risen also. i want that mod fap so i can take disiples hunting decent mobs, instead of berries, i want that ml-35 so if a big mob attacks my disiple, i can fend it off quickly, but i dont see that happeing...

Read the post of Marco :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

strakkan said:
Yeah, it was way too easy to graduate in mining. Now we hope MA has hidden some nice lvl. 6 - 10 miningequip in there :)

That would be nice!

Gabriel said:
ffs when will you stop whining >.<

well, probably after i sober up, im still pissed about another topic. and extremly pissed about the recent massive ammounts of " no loots" ive been getting, i cant even craft these last few days, im lucky to hit 1 outta 10 clicks, with bps im good at, granted, i usualy get the " some of your rescources have been returned" but even then, if i use 9 soft hide, and 8 reg hide, i get 6 reg hide back, and 8 residue, so ya, whille watching these uber hofs, i am feeling a huge change in the ammount returned i used to get. i recently got 30 no loots in a row, so ya, im pissed at seeing someone get 2-5 globals an hour. while these might be the same people that i hold a high respect for, i openly admit that im kinda pissed that it is damn near a global for me to loot 1 ped on a trox young-provider, or esto mature- guard, while i watch the same person get 3 argo globals in less than 15 minutes.

so now that i have finally gotten to the point to where i feel comfortable being a mentor, and leading people in the right direction in any field they chose to go into, they desided to screw with that too

as a side note and offtopic, there is not an update happening right now is it? as my server status is 0%

I can clearly see why the disciple requirements will rise, getting prospecting/surveying is insanely easy in this vu.

It would be nice if we could have tools with a higher range... I'm starting to become crazy with counting in my head always the same 10 sec...
And what about looting tools?
Don't u think it would be nice?? Not a lot of course, but some of them...

Back