Upcoming quests

Igorl

Stalker
Society
Victory
Igor Nikola Lucky
Now MA announced quests in EU.

Ive already see the whyning about it... I mean like quests can not be made to satisfy and promote EU.

Let say Im pretty bored with EU as it is right now - there is no visible market to achieve anymore and i kida feel sick of shooting / bombing.

Give me a marker and Ill be happy to continue.

Let say there are ppl who *deserve* stuff which is never give to them.

Want examples?

* Ive cycled over 1/2M worth of PED in mining, dot you think I *deserve* some Mod Bigass Excavator, quest item for it?

* The guy who was shot 5000 times in lootable pvp, dont you think he *deserves* Mod Tango Bigass PK gun?

* The guy who used up 30k PED in L armor decay... dont you think he *deserves* UL version of the same / better armor

I could keep writing examples, but I hope you get what I mean.

Quests could be progressive and have 0TT gifts at the end of the line, the kind of items which would help players continue whatever they were doing. Such as some great excavator, finder, gun that perfectly suits the mob you have killed to achieve the quest etc.

It doesnt allways need to be all about gambling and chance.

Regards

I.

Now MA announced quests in EU.

Ive already see the whyning about it... I mean like quests can not be made to satisfy and promote EU.

Let say Im pretty bored with EU as it is right now - there is no visible market to achieve anymore and i kida feel sick of shooting / bombing.

Give me a marker and Ill be happy to continue.

Let say there are ppl who *deserve* stuff which is never give to them.

Want examples?

* Ive cycled over 1/2M worth of PED in mining, dot you think I *deserve* some Mod Bigass Excavator, quest item for it?

* The guy who was shot 5000 times in lootable pvp, dont you think he *deserves* Mod Tango Bigass PK gun?

* The guy who used up 30k PED in L armor decay... dont you think he *deserves* UL version of the same / better armor

I could keep writing examples, but I hope you get what I mean.

Quests could be progressive and have 0TT gifts at the end of the line, the kind of items which would help players continue whatever they were doing. Such as some great excavator, finder, gun that perfectly suits the mob you have killed to achieve the quest etc.

It doesnt allways be all about gambling and chance.

Regards

I.

i rest my case:cool::hammer::banghead::argue::poke::rofl::monkey::topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos&feature=fvst

excellent point - could not have said it any better..

--> MA, I hope you are reading this <--

gereat thoughts I like that would solve my problem stucking with korss 400+a105 and ghost on lvl 50 laser pistoleer

quests and treasure trails are in another game i play and are very useful and fun in the end...I'm suprised MA didn't do this a long time ago..gets people to play and come back for more.

I'd like a quest award for cycling 5000 ped depo amount to 0 in just 1 month of SGA without hoffing ONCE with hl14/105. What would you suggest?

On a serious note. I think you have some v. good points - would love to see some more regonition than just skills for years (and peds) of a particular repetitive activity :)

Its like yeah, I wanna medal (or something)!

However it turns out I am very much looking forward to what MA deliver to break up the grind.

:ahh:

Quest items MOST be made so they are locked to the player!
If they give you items in quest which equal the items that dropped (ex mod fap) that you can sell it will kill EU in 24h.
But if they give you limited mod fap because you killed 1000 atrox it can work.
Yes the reward vs. time spend in effort will work.

I give another tip (then I stop am not getting paid for this)!

One good think will be to get some sort of items (drinks, food, drugs) that can bust you character attribute for period of time.
Ex: kill 1000 atrax get evader pill that boost you evade for 24h.:)

I can give you so many thinks it will be insane, I play games over 25 years now I seen it from the beginning but am not FPC employee.;)

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't turn out like this....

[YOUTUBE]B1A-Ymf1VYY[/YOUTUBE]

If they give you items in quest which equal the items that dropped (ex mod fap) that you can sell it will kill EU in 24h.

Not if an item like a modfap is the prize for a quest that takes 5 years to complete.

Quests need to be scaled to this game. Some should be 20mins, some a few hours and some on a muuuuuch longer basis!!!

Don't think that's the path FPC are gonna go. It would affect the economy too much. Giving you an item for work instead of PED would affect the income of crafters. For non-craftable weapons it would affect their value in the market.

I would guess that the 'rewards' will be PED or Ammo.

Don't get me wrong, I would like the item rewards as suggested by OP but I'm not so sure about the viability from FPC's POV.

Here's to hoping they have a way :wtg:

I hope it doesn't turn out like this....

[YOUTUBE]B1A-Ymf1VYY[/YOUTUBE]

exactly my point lol... it will end in a flame war or we'll all get eaten by squirrles:D

Not if an item like a modfap is the prize for a quest that takes 5 years to complete.

Quests need to be scaled to this game. Some should be 20mins, some a few hours and some on a muuuuuch longer basis!!!

Sry but you are wrong simply because no one will like to buy mod fap (insane money) if they know for fact that they will get it even in 10 years if they finish the quest.
It must be locked to the player.;)

I wonder if there will be team or soc quests

Don't think that's the path FPC are gonna go. It would affect the economy too much. Giving you an item for work instead of PED would affect the income of crafters. For non-craftable weapons it would affect their value in the market.

I would guess that the 'rewards' will be PED or Ammo.

Don't get me wrong, I would like the item rewards as suggested by OP but I'm not so sure about the viability from FPC's POV.

Here's to hoping they have a way :wtg:

Not correct, if you give someone ML 35 (L) no one will get affected crafters don’t make them; UL will lose little in value but not all that much as you can’t get the UL from quests.

It is just q. of good balance, what items to give in quests and what not.;)

And remember the key reside in fact that the player CAN’T sell the quest item!

Sry but you are wrong simply because no one will like to buy mod fap (insane money) if they know for fact that they will get it even in 10 years if they finish the quest.

I repeat.

Not if that quest took 5 years (and a few hundred thousand ped) to complete.

However, given that in 5 years i will probably have spent this amount i may as well be working towards something like this :)

I repeat.

Not if that quest took 5 years (and a few hundred thousand ped) to complete.

However, given that in 5 years i will probably have spent this amount i may as well be working towards something like this :)

Jak I understand you point, but imagine that sys what happens when you and the quest = mod fap ?

So why buy it then ?:scratch2:

And can’t you imagine that then every single player in EU will do that quest if they can sell it = guaranteed income.

I just don’t think it will be good at all…

Now if you do drop that kind item to player but make it (player locked) two thinks happens only players that think will stay in EU for ever will do the quest and the reward will be for time spend no one will get any financial benefit from it, thus not crashing the mod fap market.
Remember usually when you do quest is to be personally satisfied (ex I made it damn it was hard) or to loot something special and most time you really don’t want to sell it any way because you worked hard for it but you will use it.

Wonder if the level of English I practice is good to explain the point of views in this tread…:ahh:

UL will lose little in value but not all that much as you can’t get the UL from quests.
Regarding the UL version of anything it will lose value. Instead of 10k players that want it, there will only be 100 people that desire it and then it will be worth only what they are willing to pay. The introduction of too many (L) items into the system would make UL versions Collector Items essentially.

And remember the key reside in fact that the player CAN’T sell the quest item!
Not being able to sell an item doesn't mean much, why buy it when you can go quest for it? The fact that a new method of obtaining any item that already exists affects Supply & Demand which affects price. This would be especially bad if quests are repeatable; which based on giving the quest sytem any form of longevity they should/will be.

Not correct, if you give someone ML 35 (L) no one will get affected crafters don’t make them
EDIT: This is true and of course MA can throw the MU of the UL version out the window without a care for any current UL owners. However, getting it as a quest reward would lower the MU of dropped and crafted weapons in it's range. So the crafters would stop crafting M15 (L) & LP485 Apis (L). Players that were considering the idea of beginning to craft them would be deterred from doing so, leaving the only way to get one being the quest reward. Hunters would have to change mobs because the MU of the looted weapons would drop. So it would have affects on business for various players.

Same goes for introducing new items unique to the quests system. Even though they don't exist already, they will obviously be comparable to a current item crafted or dropped and why buy it when you can earn it thus affecting the prices of the crafted or dropped equivalent items.

I return yet again to the reward system most likely being:

HUNTERS:

PED
Ammo

MINERS:

PED
Probes/Bombs

CRAFTERS:

PED
BPs and or (L) BPs

But think about what I have mentioned for each profession above...that's not bloody bad at all is it? You hunt something getting loot and after a certain point you get either EXTRA PED or FREE AMMO. Bonus

Same applies to the other Proffs.

I personally think the rewards I think are coming are great and again I say I hope MA prove me wrong by finding a method to give items without affecting economy of current items

Last edited:
well quest gives you something else to do but I don't see what's wrong with the Events that is publiced from times to times. I'm not sure that quests is a good Idea in EU since in other games you usually get crappy things in the quest anyway. But maybe you'll get your beloved beer if you do the quests ;)

I am very curious to see what Quests we will have, considering that the universe is totally articulated around the economy.

So far, (and not counting the ones dedicated to new players), all events are more dependant of money than ingame agility or RL intelligence. Mayhem, Landgrab, Mutant & bots invasions, RX Units, SGA, for all of them, you only need gear and skills (read money).

Ok, there is a big part of strategy in Landgrab (especially last one), also some organizational skills are welcome to win a Mayhem, but I really miss some event/quest where we have to use our brain, spend hours seeeking stuff ingame or IRL, etc. Something like the robots communication is very fun.

I expect much from the quests, I hope it will be amazing!

Good weekend all.

:)

ermik ermik ermik is the first colonist to discover Quest Beacon!
ermik ermik ermik examined a robot spacecraft and found something with a value of 50 ped!

im sorry but i really dont think MA have any better imagination that this , sorry.

but i hope im wrong.

cheers

ermik

Quests will be great but they must be an optional extra and not become a vital part of the game.

Lots of people play this game because there are no quests.

Forrest :)

May I ask - why do you see a problem in MOD Fap not costing 40k$

Do you REALLY think its allright to have items with such pricetag on them.
And please do not forget -> less then 10 years passed and another MOD FAP dropped - MA made it so, and some relatively anonymous guy was getting it.

Now tell me -> couldnt that happen again - under a pretense of some other "promotion" - called TGA (third gold age) in several years time? Ofcourse it could. And Im positive it will as soon as needed...

I.

Quests will be great but they must be an optional extra and not become a vital part of the game.

Lots of people play this game because there are no quests.

Forrest :)

Again IC childish quest misconception.

Quest DOESNT have to look like:
- go to NPC A
- go to NPC B
- kill 10 snables
- go to NPC C
- you get 10 dung

They could be given as MILESTONES.

With time to complete costing different amount of cash and time spent. As mentioned before, example of long term quest would be Mod FAP quest requiring for example slaying 200 000 atrox stalkers.

But there could be nice noob quests - for example - slay 100000 snables for Opalo quest item edition which does, idk 9 dmg instead of 8... or something.

I.

P.S.

In that case -> quests wouldnt bother you as you would keep on shooting your atrox or whatever you are shooting and not mind any rewards there are.

And can’t you imagine that then every single player in EU will do that quest if they can sell it = guaranteed income.

And this is exactly what quests should do the best.

FUN AND GAMES rather then INFLATING PRICES AND PROFIT CHASING.

If there would be enough players -> yes completing a quest would mean getting some of you cash back, everything depends on the market. Im aware that would bring high end items down in price - but hey, player leaving due to boredom and new ones chased away with rediculous prices wont help it either.

I.

i can see it now

quest- reach 100qr in ALL weapon book I Level I bps

reward- nilo (L) bp (L) 25 clicks

;)

I give another tip (then I stop am not getting paid for this)!

One good think will be to get some sort of items (drinks, food, drugs) that can bust you character attribute for period of time.
Ex: kill 1000 atrax get evader pill that boost you evade for 24h.:)

I can give you so many thinks it will be insane, I play games over 25 years now I seen it from the beginning but am not FPC employee.;)

Nice ideas, and how long did it take for lots of them to be posted? Not long.

These aren't really quests, more incentives or loyalty bonuses...shops irl many sites online and most poker sites offer them to keep people returning and they make it work well.

Locking to an ava is a great idea...removes the big problem with uber items being awarded like this.

TBH though, you're all whiners...you got a beret and sunglasses...what more do you want ? :silly2::laugh:

Seriously I hope some of the planets think this way.

t

Back