When trying to patch i get an error with the message :(
"Error
executing:C:\Users\mycomputer\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\\update.bat"

Anybody else getting this or have ideas on how to fix it? :scratch2:

When trying to patch i get an error with the message :(
"Error
executing:C:\Users\mycomputer\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\\update.bat"

Anybody else getting this or have ideas on how to fix it? :scratch2:

is it a typo (double slashes at \entropia\\update.bat)? it shouldn't be a big problem though...

I have exactly the same problem.. tried to delete the update.bat file and then ran update again, but no success.

Also, I can see the double "//" as a problem, but dont know what to do with that..

500 EFD to whoever solves my problem ;)

ASAP!!! :D

save the file if you can and try renaming it taking out one of the \

not sure if this is doable or not just a suggestion

not solved but if u copy the update files in to your entropia dir and run u can update manually.

save the file if you can and try renaming it taking out one of the \

not sure if this is doable or not just a suggestion

Done, nothing happened :/

not solved but if u copy the update files in to your entropia dir and run u can update manually.

Did that too, moved "update.bat" & "Updater.exe" from temp folder to main game folder, ran "updater.exe" same problem occured.

I tried to edit the file "update.bat", removing a "/", same problem.
Can anyone take a look in the "update.bat" file and see if there´s a problem in there?

Heres the text in the file:

@echo off
set SOURCE_PATH=C:\Users\KINGFI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\
set TARGET_PATH=D:\Installerade Spel\Entråkia\

move /Y "%SOURCE_PATH%bin32\Entropia.exe-34df7639" "%TARGET_PATH%bin32\Entropia.exe"
if errorlevel 1 exit /B 1
move /Y "%SOURCE_PATH%bin32\ClientLoader.exe-54d51849" "%TARGET_PATH%bin32\ClientLoader.exe"

thx in advance

Last edited:
I have the same problem :/

first line

\e ntropia\

Tried alot now... cant seem to make my way around it.. any suggestions would be great!

still 500EFD to the one who helps me get in :p

Done, nothing happened :/

Did that too, moved "update.bat" & "Updater.exe" from temp folder to main game folder, ran "updater.exe" same problem occured.

forgot the updater.exe and update.bat while MA fixed it.
Copy only the update files from the temp directory to your entropia folder and run.

Last edited:
forgot the updater.exe and update.bat while MA fixed it.
Copy only the update files from the temp directory to your entropia folder and run.

Would you be so kind to let me know exactly what files to move from the temp? and is it to the Entropia folder and not the Bin32 folder?

TY very much!

Any fix for this yet? I tried everything suggested on this forum, but I dont seemt o be able to get it right on a newly installed vista 64bit system.

I did had a similar error, if not the same as decribed here in a previous update.

This is to the reported issue, not anyother as there may be more files on the update...

Steps to solve:
  1. Go to EU_DIR/bin32;
  2. There rename the following files
    • Entropia.exe to Entropia.exe.bak
    • ClientLoader.exe to ClientLoader.exe.bak
  3. Goto the temp directory and copy
    • bin32\Entropia.exe-34df7639
    • bin32\ClientLoader.exe-54d51849
    to the directory of the renamed files
  4. Rename these last files:
  5. Entropia.exe-34df7639 to Entropia.exe
  6. ClientLoader.exe-54d51849 to ClientLoader.exe
If you have troble renaming the files, make sure you have entropia closed and wait a bit, then try again.

Hope it helps

Last edited:
Ok, had the same problem on this last update.

The quick fix is to open the update.bat and change the move to copy.

Search for the lines:
Code:
[B][COLOR="Red"]move[/COLOR][/B] /Y "%SOURCE_PATH%bin32\Entropia.exe-83353e5f" "%TARGET_PATH%bin32\Entropia.exe"
[B][COLOR="Red"]move[/COLOR][/B] /Y "%SOURCE_PATH%Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe" "%TARGET_PATH%Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe"

And change the red bold text:
Code:
[B][COLOR="Red"]copy[/COLOR][/B] /Y "%SOURCE_PATH%bin32\Entropia.exe-83353e5f" "%TARGET_PATH%bin32\Entropia.exe"
[B][COLOR="Red"]copy[/COLOR][/B] /Y "%SOURCE_PATH%Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe" "%TARGET_PATH%Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe"

After execute the update.bat and everything should be fine.

Edit: It may be necessary to restart to restart the pc.

Last edited:
I've had the exact same problem since the latest update today.

I've also deleted and re-installed Entropia more times today than I can care to count, along with desperately trying every suggestion in this thread and every other that I can find.

Still no luck...

:(

I'm now pinning my hopes on MA/FPC releasing a new version to download from fresh on their website in the near future that hopefully won't contain the same issue or require immediate patching.

EDIT: (I'm running Windows Vista - Home Premium Edition (x32) if that's any help to those more technically savvy than myself)

Last edited:
I've had the exact same problem since the latest update today.

I've also deleted and re-installed Entropia more times today than I can care to count, along with desperately trying every suggestion in this thread and every other that I can find.

Still no luck...

I'm now pinning my hopes on MA/FPC releasing a new version to download from fresh on their website in the near future that hopefully won't contain the same issue or require immediate patching.

EDIT: (I'm running Windows Vista - Home Premium Edition (x32) if that's any help to those more technically savvy than myself)

Have you tryed the solution described on the previous post? It worked for me after restarting the system. Also have vista 32bit version.

I have the exact same problem, also using vista 32. Ive made a supportcase. Hopefully MA will fix this issue soon

Have you tryed the solution described on the previous post? It worked for me after restarting the system. Also have vista 32bit version.

Yup, tried that already.

I have the exact same problem, also using vista 32. Ive made a supportcase. Hopefully MA will fix this issue soon

Good work.

The more Support Cases that we can make on the issue, the sooner MA will try to implement a fix.

Try this

- Uninstall EU
- Go into Search in start menu and type %temp% delete everything in that temp file
- Reinstall EU (also near end of installation when command box (black box) appears, wait until it closes itself - don't cross it out)

Try this

- Uninstall EU
- Go into Search in start menu and type %temp% delete everything in that temp file
- Reinstall EU (also near end of installation when command box (black box) appears, wait until it closes itself - don't cross it out)

Just tried this, re-started my system, and re-installed EU for about the 9th time in the last 24 hours, still didn't work. Thanks for the tip though.

There's clearly something wrong with either the latest download issue or the latest patch, as others appear to be having the same issue.

I guess now it's a case for the Support Department to resolve.

Btw, here's a copy of the Support Case that I've sent:

Open Support Case said:
Hi,

Ever since the latest Version Update (VU 10.0.9) on the 9th September 2009, whenever I press the "Launch" button on the Client Loader the client tries to patch/update to the latest version and then is stopped by the following error message:

"Error executing: C:\Users\... \AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\\update.bat"

My operating system is "Windows Vista - Home Premium Edition (x32)". I have tried to delete, re-download and re-install the Entropia Universe software several times, but always still receive the same error message whenever I try to login. I have also tried deleting all the "Temp" files on my system several times between each attempt at re-installation, with no luck either.

As other members of the Planet Calypso community are also experiencing the same problem, it would appear that the issue isn't unique to my own machine and is instead a problem with the Entropia Universe software. A discussion on this issue can be found on EntropiaForum.com in the following thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/160113-update-bat-error.html

I hope that a swift resolution can be found to this issue and I look forward to logging into Entropia Universe once again.

Many Thanks & Kind Regards,

(REAL NAME REMOVED)

Just tried this, re-started my system, and re-installed EU for about the 9th time in the last 24 hours, still didn't work. Thanks for the tip though.

There's clearly something wrong with either the latest download issue or the latest patch, as others appear to be having the same issue.

I guess now it's a case for the Support Department to resolve.

Could you post the content of "update.bat" file?

Here's a copy of the wholly inadequate, disappointing, impersonal and generic response that I received from the Support Department:

Entropia Universe Support said:
Hi,

Try deleting the files in these folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\TEMP
C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUser"\Local Settings\Temp

Delete all patches in this folder, the ones that start with “Update”...
C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe

Try running Entropia again and if it still does not work you should reinstall Entropia.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

This was my reply back:

Open Support Case said:
Hi,

Thank you for the response.

However, judging by the generic nature and tone of the reply I can only assume that I have been provided with a standard “Copy & Paste” response without the necessary time and consideration being taken to fully comprehend and investigate my case.

Secondly, there are no such folders or locations on my PC with the names: “C:\Documents and Settings”, “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users”, or “C:\TEMP”. My operating system is “Windows Vista - Home Premium Edition (x32)", so I assume that the folders that were actually meant were:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\“MyUserName”\AppData\Local\Temp

I would be very grateful if you could please clarify whether that is actually the case.

Thirdly, having already attempted this fix several times (as suggested by my original message), by deleting all the necessary files, re-starting my PC, attempting to run the program again and then finally re-installing the Entropia Universe software provided on the Planet Calypso website, the problem still persists.

This clearly indicates that there is a bug in the software provided, along with the fact that this issue is not unique to my own machine and is a problem for many other members of the Planet Calypso community.

A discussion on this on-going, unresolved issue can be found on EntropiaForum.com in the following thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/160113-update-bat-error.html

Nonetheless, I am still hoping that a swift resolution can be found to this issue, even if it means that the only solution is for MindArk to publish a new and updated bug free version of the software (that doesn't require any patching) on their website to download in the near future.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,

(REAL NAME REMOVED)

Could you post the content of "update.bat" file?

From Notepad:

update.bat said:
@echo off
set SOURCE_PATH=C:\Users\"MyUserName"~1\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\
set TARGET_PATH=C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\

move /Y "%SOURCE_PATH%bin32\Entropia.exe-0cdf61e8" "%TARGET_PATH%bin32\Entropia.exe"
move /Y "%SOURCE_PATH%Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe" "%TARGET_PATH%Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe"

"%TARGET_PATH%Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe"
del /F "%TARGET_PATH%Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe"

Last edited:
From Notepad:

All i have in mine is

Code:
@echo off
set SOURCE_PATH=C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\

hope that helps

hope that helps

Thanks for the info.

However, after several further exchanges with Support and trying every suggestion they have (several times) and everything suggested here (including even editing my update.bat file to read the same as yours), I'm still having no joy.

I'm also still not convinced that the double "\\" isn't merely the bug due to sloppy coding.

From Notepad:

Do a copy of your update.bat. Then change with this. I added some "debugging", in order to confirm which step is failing. Also, changed the move command to copy.

Code:
@echo off

@echo Starting update...

set SOURCE_PATH="%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\"

if not exist ""%SOURCE_PATH%"" (
  @echo Source directory not found
  goto END
)

if not exist ""%TARGET_PATH%"" (
  @echo Target directory not found
  goto END
)

@echo copying entropia.exe

if not exist ""%SOURCE_PATH%"bin32\Entropia.exe-0cdf61e8" (
  @echo Update entropia exe not found
  goto END
)
if not exist ""%TARGET_PATH%"bin32\Entropia.exe"" (
  @echo Target entropia exe not found
  goto END
)

copy /Y ""%SOURCE_PATH%"bin32\Entropia.exe-0cdf61e8" ""%TARGET_PATH%"bin32\Entropia.exe"

if errorlevel 1 goto END
@echo copied entropia.exe

@echo copying update file

copy /Y ""%SOURCE_PATH%"Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe" ""%TARGET_PATH%"Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe"
if errorlevel 1 goto END

@echo copied update file

@echo Executing update.exe

""%TARGET_PATH%"Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe"
if errorlevel 1  goto END
@echo Executed successfullly update.exe

@echo Deleting update file
del /F ""%TARGET_PATH%"Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe"
if errorlevel 1  goto END

@echo Deleted update file

exit /B 0

:END
@echo Something went wrong on this step
exit /B 1

Before executing:
  • Confirm that the files "bin32\Entropia.exe-0cdf61e8" and "Update_10.0.8.29700-10.0.9.30235.exe" exist in you temp directory;
  • Close all entropia related applications, and wait a few seconds;

Steps to execute the script:
  • Start menu -> run (or press the windows key+r);
  • type "cmd" and press Ok
  • Inside the window that opens (Command Line) type (don't forget to change for your user name):
    cd C:\Users\"MyUserName"~1\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\
  • now type update.bat

When finished, post with the messages that appear on the window.

If by any chance, the update is successsfull, restart your PC then try to start EU. Please, post something if it when ok.

Last edited:
All i have in mine is

Code:
@echo off
set SOURCE_PATH=C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia\

hope that helps

That's strange... Can you go to the directory where you have entropia installed and post here the content of the version.txt file?

Back