Upgrade question

Majstorex

Old Alpha
So , the other day i was upgrading a punisher. Primary item wasnt fully fixed, but when doing the upgrade, I must say my first upgrade was a fail(secondary item was not lost in proces), beside the residue that I got back also the item had gained in TT value, It suddenly had full TT.

So i want to ask some ppl that did upgrades of some higher TT value items, if anyone had gotten back a full TT primary item, when doing the upgrade with not fully repaired one?

I can already see this being exploited. If reduplicated it can be used 2 earn more TT on the item. As well as loot more stackables for absolutely nothing but the items needed to tier it. This should be reported to MA asap if not already done so, imagine if you have an UL item with a high TT value & it can be fixed back to full TT :eek:.

I can already see this being exploited. If reduplicated it can be used 2 earn more TT on the item. As well as loot more stackables for absolutely nothing but the items needed to tier it. This should be reported to MA asap if not already done so, imagine if you have an UL item with a high TT value & it can be fixed back to full TT :eek:.

I must add it had happend to me only once.(im a complete noob in upgrades actualy maybe did some 25 upgrades alltogether, only have 195 TU skill points,)
Could this be the risk reward for the chances of losing secondary item?
so intentionaly implemented feature?

When performing a tier upgrade most of the TT value of your materials will turn into one of two things:

Metal residue.

Repair on the item.

If all the value ofyour materials was completley lost, tier upgrading smaller items would be more unpopular.

I havn't tried tiering an item, but in colouring, you get 90% tt back. first into first into the clothing tt and anything over you get in ped.

I presume that this is the same situation with tiering. you get 90% back in residue of the cost to upgrade, which first goes into repairing the item and if any tt left, you get in residue.

I may have explained that strangly.. very tired.. long work day. :)

Only Tiered one item so far - an Opalo - but I did notice it also got repaired to full TT when I Tiered it. I assumed it was part of the process, as I also got some residue back as well.

I havn't tried tiering an item, but in colouring, you get 90% tt back. first into first into the clothing tt and anything over you get in ped.

I presume that this is the same situation with tiering. you get 90% back in residue of the cost to upgrade, which first goes into repairing the item and if any tt left, you get in residue.

I may have explained that strangly.. very tired.. long work day. :)

Yes, it works the same as colouring, except you get residue instead of PED, and I think it's 95% instead of 90% but don't quote me on that :)

Asking in another way, what was the highest TT value you have gained on a item with an upgrade?
Also pls state the cca value of upgrade materials.

Asking in another way, what was the highest TT value you have gained on a item with an upgrade?
Also pls state the cca value of upgrade materials.

Nothing, I always repair the item before upgrading. You get more back that way due to markup on residue.

Back