Vehicles Giveaway

Put it this way (and I hope Marco Reads This)

People should go about there daily hunting and/or mining ways, and Simon and Emma and whoever else should drive around Calypso instead of visiting Tps and find people actually hunting or mining, actually make it a mystery, drive around find players who are actually out away from the cities and tps. Marco said MA officials will be driving around calypso giving out cars (It did not say wait at a tp and then once word gets out get mobbed by many inconsiderate avatars just to get a car , even to the people waiting patiently at the tp - dont wait go out and do what you normally do - the land is huge but people mine in the far outbacks of jungles and plains , also they hunt out there , not one visit to an LA tp, or drive around LAs. I should be a suprise , eg.. i was hunting argo in the far NE of new switerzland as well as mining and emma drove into my radar and wow i got a car for the work i was doing or someone hunting proterons and out of the blue into the radar came an MA official and awarded the hunter a car , or a noob hunting exos outside the swamp camp or combibos are greeted by the MA rep and wow got a car !, people should not be favoured for pushing and shoving at a tp - therefore reducing the lag in the cities, and making it an exciting and suprising .

Not just a TP hit (with 100s of avatars and only 3 lucky people and lag like god knows) and run - which the 1st round of giveways was - very bad start to this campaign, and all the patient people waiting hours at tps got nothing in the end, make it fun - not a stampede..

my two pecs after seeing the carnage at the associated tps visited.

and btw I am in australia and its late now ... so i cant be up for the next event time (have to wait another 8 hours) and hopefully fall into another event window , but im not going to put up with the carnage seen in the previous event window.

Happy that its not over as i just woke up and thought i missed the whole thing, apparently it was around 4 at night my time.

Why don't simply distribute them through Gifts system? Or some quest with 1 mission accesible only once from a terminal with "go to NPC whatever in city whatever"?

because we cant have 600k cars ....

not everyone will get one , thats why we cant have them with the gift system.

cheers

ermik

The way they do it is bullshit !

Ma knows the way to generate frustation !

nothing more to say ;( :mad: :hammer:

oh seriously ....blah blah blah some people got lucky a lot didnt, who cares!!

however a few cars were distributed people will still be reaching for the forum to moan anyway.

Just put em in one mission!

A free vehicle to everyone wasn't an option this time. We'll give away some more for other time zones as well. It was tough on Simon and Emma, but to be honest we thought that even fewer people would get a chance on them if we didn't give some away for free in the beginning.

A free vehicle to everyone wasn't an option this time. We'll give away some more for other time zones as well. It was tough on Simon and Emma, but to be honest we thought that even fewer people would get a chance on them if we didn't give some away for free in the beginning.

Just ignore all the moaners and insult their schooling Frank :laugh:

How about just spawning some randomly in the wild hm ?

Was more like "Vehicles Bread Crumb" Line for the rats in the maze. :confused:

A free vehicle to everyone wasn't an option this time.

Ofcourse not. MA/FPC don't just give out free items.

This is more then probably just a stresstest to analyze performance with set amount of cars, increase this amount gradually and see if this platform can hold it. Turn the players into happy little guinea pigs thinking they got fed 17peds & 4 wheels while they're being nurtured for a new round of economic massacre.

Yeah, that's great and all. If you can log in.

Having witnessed the "hand out" method today I suggest you never use it again.

You also need to make sure that everyone who wants a car gets it without the mammoth struggle that it was earlier. There will be monumental upset if people who have tried their hardest walk away empty handed.

MA/FPC still have a lot to build on with their customer relations and so far what I have seen has been a big step backwards in many people's eyes.

I completely agree... The system is just messed up... I've been trying for three hours, without receiving anything.
I understand MA wants people do to something instead of just getting gifts, but there are other ways. This is just frustrating because the distribution method is unfair: A lot of people trying very hard aren' t getting anything while others try 5 mins and get a car...

Why don't simply distribute them through Gifts system? Or some quest with 1 mission accesible only once from a terminal with "go to NPC whatever in city whatever"?

Sad to see them distributed in this way. Should have been through the gift system to all avatars logging in on release day.

I totally agree, the way they hand shit out is BS. If your not in the same time zone your fucked. If your not in the area your fucked. If your in the same area you have to wait out everyone else being an ass trying to get theirs which only leads to frustration and resentment.

because we cant have 600k cars ....

not everyone will get one , thats why we cant have them with the gift system.

cheers

ermik

And why can't we have 600k cars?? If they are going to implement something have the computing power to handle it! Why should only a select number of people be able to get them? If they are going to hand them out Include Everyone!

I was going to log in (which I haven't done for months) to see the greatest new addition, but after reading the bullshit that is still going on I am having second thoughts :rolleyes:.

But its not like this should surprise me, this bullshit keeps piling up.

Will there be any announcement on where to go next time?

Found simon once and emma twice ... but no car yet ...

Then why give them out at all?? All your doing is breeding frustration for those that don't get one!!!

This game has turned into SHIT! You take away the things that people enjoy doing and add shit that just drains our ped card more!

Think of it this way

Either you spend hours with lag getting it now or your spend months looting it later.:D

Hi,
We're going to be giving out vehicles today, , and we’re working on another promotion for the end of the week to make sure people will get a go with them.
/Frank

came down from CND to discover that there were no more vehicles. Have gone back up to CND, so yeah it cost me 50 ped to have a shot at a free vehicle..................:mad::mad::mad:....nice going MA

Got home from work.
Guess I am too late for a shot at a nice free car?

My Worst Fears... :(

My worst fears come true. :( :mad:

Having had six or seven updates in a row working without the tiniest glitch, ofc getting f***ed during a big-time give-out.

2 h dowloading update.

1 h patching.

Error: corrupted files.

30 min repairing.

Failed: cannot repair.

Re-downloading corrupted files, estimated download time: 9 h counting. Success doubtful.

:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

Last edited:
Frustrating use of an afternoon :(

I saw Emma, dozens of green dots, so much lag.
Everyone begging for a car (including me heh).
I didn't get one.

Some better way of giving out cars would have been cool.

What a BS!

Seems Simon & Emma was quite needy for toadies and beggars (or they have been pushed into this role by FPC) again ...

What a derogatory spectacle!

FPC officials jumping from TP to TP, enjoying the shameless begging of most undignified "wanna-have"'s, playing with them, sometimes mercifully handing one over.

What a BS!

Have been there, have seen, have vomited, have logged out to play another game.

Guess I'll cancel what I planned to write else, it would yield me a ban.

Still pedestrian, but proud of it!

PS: For sure, all of the usual suspects I met when hopping around for half an hour already had their car ...

nah...

drop cars, i luve a Scooter; :yay:

A free vehicle to everyone wasn't an option this time.
No. Of course a free vehicle for everyone was an option. It was just one you guys decided to dismiss.
We'll give away some more for other time zones as well.
For the OTHER time zones? People have wasted hours trying to get a vehicle today already... "giving it away for other time zones as well" really means a whole bunch of ppl will end up wasting a day and half... or how ever long it takes for the next load to be dropped instead of just half a day. If you think delaying it is going to somehow make it in any sense fairer, then I really really think you have underestimated just how much you have frustrated people already... and by the sound of it are about to frustrate even further...
It was tough on Simon and Emma,
Two people giving them away for the entire game... two! Who the heck thought this would be fine? Two. for. the. whole. game... Simon and Emma were swamped... well that was predictable.
but to be honest we thought that even fewer people would get a chance on them if we didn't give some away for free in the beginning.
You thought less people would get to use vehicles if you didn't give any away... erm. yup. Not sure what the point is there.

Going back to your first point about you not wanting to give them away for free to everyone... obviously I can only guess to your reasoning, but I imagine balancing and loss of potential income to MA were quite reasonably high on that list...
... Surely it would have been much much better to have reversed your decision not to give them to everyone, but to decrease the TT of each one you gave away to keep everything in balance.
Ie everyone gets to try a vehicle out even if they only get a couple of PEDs of TT instead of a few people getting 17PED of TT (or what ever it was) and most people end up with nothing and get all annoyed.

Just a thought!

Peatie.

I cannot begin to tell you how frustrated I am with the outcome today, needless to say I thought the fact that MA announced a plentiful supply meant that they would be giving away more than 10 cars, I actually (stupid me) thought that there would be an MA official in every town giving away cars for the entire day, not just half an hour...

To fully express how I feel about this I would be offending not only everyone on this board, not only MA, but god and nature itself!!!

Piss on me yet again please.

Thanks.

Back