Vehicles Giveaway

So... how about the USA peeps? I just got home from work? anyone still on giving away cars? or am a waaaay to late for this party?

Nothing, I took the day off, was on for the first set of giveaways and was not able to get one. Have stuck around all day waiting for the next ones and nothing at all has happened.

I am beginning to think that the promises that there would be more in other time zones is maybe not going to happen.

Don't feel bad. I live in Europe and missed it completely too.

hmm this is very unexceppable of geting promised and then geting dised! :mad::mad:

My question for those of you who have cars, can you equip them with lasers and scopes..... and if so has MA told us what exactly the scopes and lasers do?

OH wait Im sorry am I confusing and clumping fluster clucks together? my bad-sorry

u all had to go to ROCKTROPIA there was alot of events where u were able to get one vehicle and i did get one by my self :)

Dear MA/FPC,
I'm writing to express my extreme disappointment with the way you guys decided to release vehicles today and I wonder why you would intentionally create feelings of disappointment, anger, jealousy and greed when there were so many other options open to you?

I, along with countless others, took many steps to try to make sure to be in a position to accept a vehicle, including making sure to log on early in the morning and even take a few hours off of work. I also had the expectation to do so after being told there would be "plenty" for only to realize after an hour and a half that there was no way only 2 avatars (Emma & Simon) had plenty of vehicles to pass out.

Now those lucky enough to receive a vehicle are re-selling for +600 leaving no way for a huge portion of the player base to partake in the day’s festivities and fun. Don't you people care about your player base at all? You ask us to "stand behind you" yet you consistently show calloused and disregard for the majority in favor of the minority.

YOU HAVE EFFECTIVELY EXCLUDED THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYER BASE LEAVING THEM EMPTY HANDED AND UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DAY'S FUN.

I for one logged on in anticipation and with excitement this morning before work and now after work, only to see that I've been left behind. There is no fun for me today and I would dare say there is no fun for the majority of Calypsan's today either.

Bad job today, failing grade.

Feel free to copy/past this letter into a ticket directly to MA.

For God's sake, stop WHINING like spoiled children!

NO ONE said that everyone would get a car, NO ONE forced you to stay at home and not go to work hoping that you'd get one, and NO you don't deserve a car more than anyone else in game.

It was a free gift, FPC's people were opening chat windows on their own - Certainly the last thing they intended was to be swarmed by a huge mob of players, begging for 1.7 bucks.

Get a grip... I'd love to get a car, was jumping all around and gave up and left when i went to sakura and witnessed the massacre. Wait a few days, and the markup will fall, as it happens with everything new that becomes a commodity.

Yes, FPC was at fault with the free vehicles give out. They simply shouldn't have done it...

We're getting raised markup on ores for crafting vehicles, oil for moving with them, more crafting opportunities, more food for colorers and texturers, the cost of the vehicles is lower than anyone dared hope - and instead of thanking them, all we do is complain.

What a wonderful, mature community we are...

Last edited:
Dear MA/FPC,
I'm writing to express my extreme disappointment with the way you guys decided to release vehicles today and I wonder why you would intentionally create feelings of disappointment, anger, jealousy and greed when there were so many other options open to you?

I, along with countless others, took many steps to try to make sure to be in a position to accept a vehicle, including making sure to log on early in the morning and even take a few hours off of work. I also had the expectation to do so after being told there would be "plenty" for only to realize after an hour and a half that there was no way only 2 avatars (Emma & Simon) had plenty of vehicles to pass out.

Now those lucky enough to receive a vehicle are re-selling for +600 leaving no way for a huge portion of the player base to partake in the day’s festivities and fun. Don't you people care about your player base at all? You ask us to "stand behind you" yet you consistently show calloused and disregard for the majority in favor of the minority.

YOU HAVE EFFECTIVELY EXCLUDED THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYER BASE LEAVING THEM EMPTY HANDED AND UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DAY'S FUN.

I for one logged on in anticipation and with excitement this morning before work and now after work, only to see that I've been left behind. There is no fun for me today and I would dare say there is no fun for the majority of Calypsan's today either.

EDIT: Feel free to copy/past this letter into a ticket directly to MA.

I feel the same way! + rep! :)

I also had the expectation to do so after being told there would be "plenty" for only to realize after an hour and a half that there was no way only 2 avatars (Emma & Simon) had plenty of vehicles to pass out.
They clearly said that not everyone would be lucky, and that you had to keep alert.

Now those lucky enough to receive a vehicle are re-selling for +600

I have been driving around happily all day, me and many others have no intention to sell.

Don't you people care about your player base at all?
Uhh, they just gave out cars absolutely free...

thx

Dear MA/FPC,

I will for sure.

Dear MA/FPC,

They clearly said that not everyone would be lucky, and that you had to keep alert.

I have been driving around happily all day, me and many others have no intention to sell.

You clearly missed the gist of Kyrisma's open letter to MA :rolleyes:

Like most comments in this thread, the way this giveaway was handled was absolutely disgraceful. Using just two people to service the whole of Calypso with the giveaway is farsical at best. I really feel sorry for Simon and Emma bearing the abuse and frustration of many avatars. Frank, Marco, Hanne, why didn't you have time to login and assist with the handout? Again, a great opportunity to create a positive spin from an event only to end in disaster! AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN! :handjob:

[YOUTUBE]7upG01-XWbY[/YOUTUBE]

How much more alert can you get but to turn down all your video settings, wade into the mob, and stare at your monitor hoping to see the trade request? In all their wisdom MA screwed that up too by removing the knock knock sound.

Congratulations on your good fortune. I'm glad you've had a good day full of fun and happiness, most of us didn't have the same in opportunity in game.

Yeah but they created an expectation then failed to deliver. It's not about the ped, it's about the presentation. (Well, at +600 it is about the ped now too.) They had dozens of other distribution avenues but the one they chose managed to once again leave more people than not out in the cold with negative feelings.

Sad part is this was not unexpected. I downloaded the update signed in, saw the crowd, heard the complaints, lack of any MA or FPC and rightly signed off.

Ahhhh well my expectations were super low and I was not dissapointed. I hate to say it but aim low when it comes to things like this and sometimes you will be pleasantly suprised otherwise you can chalk it up to typical business as usual.

Posted via Mobile Device

it would be ALOT easier to "stand behind FPC" in this endeavor if it wasn't so BADLY planned out, executed, and full of BS. "rumor has it they will be plentiful". With stunts like this is it Really any wonder MA/FPC and Entropia altogether are having such a hard time gaining new players, and not only retaining them, but having a hard time retaining Established players as well? V10 knocked out Alot of players by itself because of hardware issues. and i can think of more than 20 people who have left the game since then because of various other issues relating to the game. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out with 1 look around any major city that all of those people standing around Waiting for Simon or Emma to show up and dish out another couple cars and HOPING against all odds that They are somehow able to get one, are just Standing there talking to each other, Not hunting, Not mining, Not burning ammo, or probes, or bombs, and Not generating any revenue to MA/FPC, .. Alot of people (myself included) waited Anxiously for today, went to work this morning, chomped at the bit, came home and ...... NOTHING but disappointment.. for All the PR BS that surrounded the release of vehicles in game, .. this has been a Resounding Failure. and frankly to anybody worth their salt as a business owner, .. someones head, (or Heads if there were more than 1 involved) Should in fact ROLL. .. but Alas, .. nothing will be done, the ubers will get another toy to make the masses drool at, and MA/FPC will lose even more people and more revenue due to "Frusterating the hell out of yet Another segment of the gaming population"....
All that being said, .. Good Job MA/FPC, .. and Keep up the good work frank and whoever else is involved. im sure One of these schemes is Bound to work sooner or later, ... if theres anyone left around for it to work on by then.

In every respect this "celebration of vehicles" was an epic fail and it had a deep impact on many, many paying customers. I cant belive how efficiently you pissed of 99% of your playerbase today. I dont speak about 1.70$ or tt+699, i speak about that your little pr campaign backfired and i saw many who questioned FPCs sanity today. Well when it comes to the question of sanity i should start with myself and i got to admit that you made a complete fool out of me. Thx that you have shown this to me so directly, i will immediately initiate retaliatory action.

In every respect this "celebration of vehicles" was an epic fail and it had a deep impact on many, many paying customers. I cant belive how efficiently you pissed of 99% of your playerbase today. I dont speak about 1.70$ or tt+699, i speak about that your little pr campaign backfired and i saw many who questioned FPCs sanity today. Well when it comes to the question of sanity i should start with myself and i got to admit that you made a complete fool out of me. Thx that you have shown this to me so directly, i will immediately initiate retaliatory action.

It wasn't really FPC that annoyed me. It was MA's promises of "plentiful" vehicles. That was an utter lie. FPC is doing the best they can having retards as platform developers.

FPC, you get a thumbs up for putting up with idiots.

MindArk, get your shit together.

Simon and Emma get a HUGE +rep +karma +woot from me for dealing with unhappy people today. They deserve a round of applause. :wtg:

It wasn't really FPC that annoyed me. It was MA's promises of "plentiful" vehicles. That was an utter lie. FPC is doing the best they can having retards as platform developers.

Simon and Emma get a HUGE +rep +karma +woot from me for dealing with unhappy people today. They deserve a round of applause. :wtg:

Hear Hear. +rep to Emma and Simon

it would be ALOT easier to "stand behind FPC" in this endeavor if it wasn't so BADLY planned out, executed, and full of BS. "rumor has it they will be plentiful". With stunts like this is it Really any wonder MA/FPC and Entropia altogether are having such a hard time gaining new players, and not only retaining them, but having a hard time retaining Established players as well? V10 knocked out Alot of players by itself because of hardware issues. and i can think of more than 20 people who have left the game since then because of various other issues relating to the game. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out with 1 look around any major city that all of those people standing around Waiting for Simon or Emma to show up and dish out another couple cars and HOPING against all odds that They are somehow able to get one, are just Standing there talking to each other, Not hunting, Not mining, Not burning ammo, or probes, or bombs, and Not generating any revenue to MA/FPC, .. Alot of people (myself included) waited Anxiously for today, went to work this morning, chomped at the bit, came home and ...... NOTHING but disappointment.. for All the PR BS that surrounded the release of vehicles in game, .. this has been a Resounding Failure. and frankly to anybody worth their salt as a business owner, .. someones head, (or Heads if there were more than 1 involved) Should in fact ROLL. .. but Alas, .. nothing will be done, the ubers will get another toy to make the masses drool at, and MA/FPC will lose even more people and more revenue due to "Frusterating the hell out of yet Another segment of the gaming population"....
All that being said, .. Good Job MA/FPC, .. and Keep up the good work frank and whoever else is involved. im sure One of these schemes is Bound to work sooner or later, ... if theres anyone left around for it to work on by then.
:laugh: that was the best most expressive piece of script I've seen on EF for a while, gd plot twist at the end btw had me giggling silly, not to mention it was ur 1st post! :D so EFD's for you maybe make you a little happy :ahh:.

ofc ppl are gonna be mad, angry, frustrated, disappointed, when the majority didn't get first dibs :( so ur points are acceptable thou it wasnt Simon's or Emma's fault, for being undermanned, and underpowered & swarms of ppls crowding them. I think they now know how it feels to be hunted down like a mob as well as a hunter being attacked. Confusias?

Agreed indeed plus rep for them they do deserve some credit they did what they could with limited supplies :(.

Just can't believe only 2 people had the task of handing cars out to all of us! Pretty reckless way to go about it. Would of thought there'd be at LEAST 5 scattered around. :rolleyes:

Saying it's plentiful but limited stocks and only having 2 ppl handing them out really doesn't make sense to me. :confused: Unless they want less players? :scratch2:

Just can't believe only 2 people had the task of handing cars out to all of us! Pretty reckless way to go about it. Would of thought there'd be at LEAST 5 scattered around. :rolleyes:

FPC just doesn't have enough Employees to do this. :(

im waiting more than 17 hours, still MA officials didnt appear, and didnt gave a car. They didnt appeared again as been said, and didnt said that there is no more reason to wait. They should make it like with xmas presents to share cars, but not in this stupid way... angry and tired...:mad::mad::(

im waiting more than 17 hours, still MA officials didnt appear, and didnt gave a car. They didnt appeared again as been said, and didnt said that there is no more reason to wait. They should make it like with xmas presents to share cars, but not in this stupid way... angry and tired...:mad::mad::(

Emma, at least, did return and gave out some vehicles. Sadly we missed it again :/

Saying it's plentiful but limited stocks and only having 2 ppl handing them out really doesn't make sense to me. :confused: Unless they want less players? :scratch2:

FPC just doesn't have enough Employees to do this. :(

Well, yeah, they do.

At the very least, Hanne, as "customer relations manager" (or a nominated person in Hanne's abscence) should have been present to oversee the giveaway. Frank and Marco should also have made an appearance to show they give a fuck what goes on in EU.

Was just alone and traded her and got denied, then again and got "did not respond"ed before she TP'd. Is there something specific we have to do or just initiate trade? :)

Well, yeah, they do.

At the very least, Hanne, as "customer relations manager" (or a nominated person in Hanne's abscence) should have been present to oversee the giveaway. Frank and Marco should also have made an appearance to show they give a fuck what goes on in EU.

I have nothing to prove it but I think Marco & Frank = Simon & Emma.
:yup:

FPC just doesn't have enough Employees to do this.
agreed. They should have just dropped it in to everyone's inventory as a "gift" like the holiday gifts... since the vehicles are L that would have at least given a bit more fairness to the whole thing... when the L breaks or needs repairs, that's when the crafters should have come in to play... or for new participants who enter the game later.... Anyways, lag is bad if they do show up, and so far I have not found them, so it's back to playing some other mmorpgs for a while til things settle down. Shop is fully stocked though if you want to grab some bps and give crafting a whirl.

It would mean a lot for us if you stood behind us tonight. It wasn't perfect, but it was vehicles.

We're here.. they rock... no worries about the cars. :wtg: I certainly do appreciate the efforts being put forth and the changes. :yay:

I am still extremely upset about losing over 10 professional levels in a MF skill and what I still feel was a lie / misleading information about X 100 for use of ME. :mad:

I do wish though that someone there would take the time to 'think' first about the consequences of how they do things. That should be number 1. There's been enough times that the community has erupted about such things. There's always a better way. :wise:

:grouphug:

Back